zvukoper

How long does your dropped items pile stay on the server?

8 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell how much time does it itake for a pile of items to get deleted on the server after I dropped them on the ground?

Let's say, I need to leave some gear for my buddy. I leave it, let's say under that bush near that road at Mogilevka. How much time does he have to pick it up?

Thanks in advance.

UPD:

Thank you guyz! It seems that a loot pile disappears:

1) after server restart

2) if you go too far from your pile

3) if you die (deleted approx. 15 min before owners body disappeared)

Loot pile is not disappearing for a long time (confirmed 6 hours) if:

1) items owner is somwhere near

2) items owner logged off somewhere near

3) (unconfirmed) another player is nearby the pile

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
hungerth gave beans to this

Although I don't know exactly how long it takes for an item to despawn, I know that you can pitch a tent and put items in your tent. Your tent shouldn't disappear until the server restarts, so put the items in your tent and tell your buddy where the tent is.

BTW: you have to loot a tent before you can pitch one.

I tried it yesterday and it vanished before my body did. There was no way someone could have found it either. It was about 15 mins.

Any loot dropped disappears soon after you leave the area. Tents/vehicles need to be saved to be able to survive a server restart.

Any loot dropped disappears soon after you leave the area. Tents/vehicles need to be saved to be able to survive a server restart.

This is untrue. I once left an M4 on the top of a hill, left the server and went to bed. When I logged in the next morning I decided I prefered the M4 over the M16 with the 203 and went back to the spot on the hill and the gun was still there. This was easily a 6+ hour window. I have a fealing the gun will remain as long as you character stays alive, but prob won't survive a server restart.

Or, this was a bug with item clean up which has since been fixed(as per change logs).

Thank you guyz! It seems that a loot pile disappears:

1) after server restart

2) if you go too far from your pile

Loot pile is not disappearing for a long time if:

1) items owner is somwhere near

2) items owner logged off somewhere near

3) (unconfirmed) another player is nearby the pile

Uh yeah we definitely need more information on this, that was like 3-4 replies

According to the dayz wiki (quote):

"Tents are tied to servers and survive server restarts."

Although this is also mentioned and should be noted:

"Tents sometimes don't appear after a server restart, restarting the server again will fix this problem."

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Graffilton
      So a friend and I have been brainstorming an idea of a different kind of DayZ RP. A while back there was a DayZ RP server called Crossroad Factions.. Basically there were trading zones, red zones, and faction territory. Usually the red zone would be a popular military base and a trade zone would be in a very populated high traffic area like green mountain etc.. You would start off your Faction by applying on said server's website and describing what your faction is what they are about and what kind of play style you would be. When this faction is approved you can them claim a territory where you can place tents and other players wont be able to steal from them and you can make the rules of your territory whether it be no pants or KOS in zone.. For example you could make a group of cannibals who are nothing but cold blooded bandits, or vice versa and make a hero squad. The server would be a private white listed 1pp server. You would apply on the servers website with a template like most servers. There will be a set of rules and guide lines and it wont be to strict but not too lenient because i would like to have this server be very RP based and not so much PvP based. There will be server events like "Faction Wars" where we set an area up where a faction can fight for rewards or such. 
      That is a basic general idea of what the server would be. My friend and I are planning this out this is just a start we are willing to pay for a Private 1PP server if we know we will have a following and have some more of a player base to start it up. 
      Please reply with some suggestions this server is for the players so your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. If you like the idea please post below and let me know. I am posting this hear to see if players like this idea. Thank you for your time.
      - Graffilton 
    • By Henk Grunn
      Right, this may sound like a broken record. But let me give you my view on the chernarus plus map from a different angle. ( I already mentioned once that I would prefer original chernarus with all buildings opened up)
      The current situation is that there is, even on full servers, hardly any player interaction. imo, this is due to the high number of key lootspots in the new Chernarus plus maps.
      In the mod it worked like this:
      Player got an infection by a zombie. Needed antibiotics, or otherwise he would die. Player had limited choices. Chernogorsk, electro, berezino hospitals, or on the limited medical tents. Highly needed loot forced players to certain spots, thus player interaction.
      The above situation will give the players a quest, where he is force to think about his approach.
      On the Chernarus plus map:
      You can almost get all stuff everywhere. Thus, little chance to meet players.

My simplistic conclusion is, if the devs don't force players to visit a certain limited amount of loot spots, there will hardly be any player interaction.

This game is now 3.5 years into development. Still we have no chance on infection by zombies. Also, with the current direction it is hard to predict if Dayz Standalone will ever be viable for any playstyle.

Map is not balanced for current playercount. But 100 player servers?? how many small clans will be able to afford that? it's expensive.
      Pvp is a desync lotery.
      Survival is not viable either. Food everywhere. There is no risk nor need for anything. No infections, no challenges. nothing.
      Yeah ALPHA. I know. But please show some direction. Show something viable. Show some direction. Even if the engine is optimized, and desync is less, there is hardly any playstyle that will enjoy this game. Makes me sad.
    • By J47KLY
      Hi All

I would like to welcome you all to come and play on our brand new UK 60 man Private Server
      [U-SUK] Urban-Salt UK. Daytime only. No rules PvP everywhere
      We are an expanding community of experienced and new players and we want to bring the ultimate DayZ gaming experience to you!
      - Low ping for UK/EU players
      - 60 man server
      - Active admins
      - Strong sense of community
      - Bases full of loot, painstakingly located around the map for you to plunder!
      - PVP and PVE both very much welcomed and encouraged
      - Dedicated Teamspeak3 server open for all to use or to speak to Admins (UK-voice4.Fragnet.net:9000)

Looking forward to seeing you there very soon!
      Yours
      Local admin team