8 posts in this topic
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now
I think the quantity and maybe quality of the loot should be tied to the number of players the server has, the quantity of loot shouldn't vary too much regardless if you are playing on a full server or in a low population server.
This would help balancing the loot I think:
Very low populated servers 10 players or less - > 25 % of loot spawning (no high end weapons)
Low populated servers 10 to 30 players -> 40 % of loot spawning (no high end weapons)
Medium populated servers 30 to 45 -> 70% of loot spawning
High populated servers 45 to 60 -> 100 % loot spawning
The Central Economy when replaces old loot and spawn new loot I think it should take in account the number of players, right now if you join an empty server it would be full of loot, If you play a full server there will be almost no loot, this encourages serverhopping on public servers and the less the risk the higher the reward, it should be the opposite.
There's a huge imbalance between Public and Private servers regarding the loot, that way is hard to balance the loot.
Tying the loot to the number of players would make serverhopping less profitable because empty servers wouldn't have so much loot.
Avoiding transport of items used for storage like tents or barrels from one server to another. You can take a barrel or tent from an empty server and set it up in your favourite full server.
Regarding loot locations and type of loot:
I think there are just a few unique areas with unique loot:
- Military bases.
- New military contaminated base.
- Prison Island.
- Broken Ship (Rify) The loot in this one isn't really different to any place around the coast.
It would be nice to have more unique locations with unique loot, apart of military loot, for example:
- Shopping center (you would have a higher chance of finding cloth, backpacks, etc)
- Camping site (with a higher chance of finding tents)
- Civilian Gun Stores (maybe 1 or 2 in all chernarus where there will be a high chance of finding a civil weapon and ammo)
- Huge junk yard ( 1 big junkyard where there would be the best place for your group to find wheels, metal for building your base, etc)
- Auto repair shop (maybe 1 or 2) with a higher chance of finding car related tools.
- Medical Center ( 1 big medical center that would have a high quantity and quality of medical items)
I think it should be a unique place with unique loot for each type of item you are looking for (tents, cloth, weapons, survival items, medical items, materials, etc) That would keep the players moving around the map and would create more hot spots.
Players today are moving from the coast to military places only, once you get to the military bases you will find the best items in game and there will be no incentive to keep the players moving. The game needs more hot spots, apart of military sites there's no other places for the players to go, the loot is the same for the rest of the map, no matter where you are, the city you are in will have the same items and buildings than the next city, there's no "let's go to the shopping center" or le'ts go to here and there, it's just moving from one military camp to another.
Maybe it's still early but I think the loot needs balancing, I will talk only about Private servers because loot in Public servers are really hard to balance because of the serverhopping:
I think there is too much food in the game:
- Remove apples and Berries from the game or make the trees and bushes deplete after gathering a few apples/berries. (you can just make a macro, leave the game for a while and when you come back the food would not be a problem anymore, if people doesn't take apples or berries is because is really boring.)
- There's too much canned food.
- Planting food shouldn't take 10 minutes or so, it should be something like 24 hours for the plant to grow up, 24 hours more for being able to gather the food and 6 hours more or so the food being rotten.
- Ponds should deplete when fishing, for example if nobody has doing fishing in one pond for a lot of time there should be a lot of fish in that pond, after catching some fishes the pond should deplete or give less chance of getting fish and start recovering fish after some hours.
I think there is too much military loot in game:
- I think helicrashes shouldn't respawn loot. I think the Helicrash should spawn with loot, once the Helicrash is been looted there will not respawn any more loot, the loot will remain intact until the helicrash gets despawned and spawned with fresh loot somewhere else.
- Same for police cars, maybe improve the loot on police cars but the loot shouldn't respawn until the police car spawn in another location.
- Too much weapons and ammo in general, I think the quantity should be cut but let us store what we find, storage capacity is really low on tents, barrels, etc. Also it's easier to find high end weaponry than civil weapons.
- Too much military clothing, once players go to a military camp all the players will end looking the same.
About loot that nobody uses:
I think players should spawn with random clothes like the pants with two slots, short pants, medical clothing, flashy clothes, etc because nobody is looting pants that has less slots than the jeans the player spawns with, for example.
Zombies now wear random clothes, I think it should be the same for fresh spawns.
What do you think about the loot, distribution, quantity, loot locations etc?
Just came across something a bit strange to me, on a zero pop server, went to sleep in a pine tree, woke up to food stuffs missing from the backpack, nothing new or surprising there. A Short walk later, I come across a Sleeper, Now when I access his Backpack, I can't transfer anything across, neither mine to his, or vice versa. (Get the Red Square Treatment), He didn't have much, And I wouldn't loot players unless I'm desperate, ie Starvation/food scenario. He did Have Two Apples in his pack, and I fancied one is all.
Just Curious about the red square treatment is all. :)
Hello, first off, I haven't played in 3-4 months and finally came back to see I can finally get good FPS in cities! WOOOO. I had an older but 980x cpu and two 980 gpu and I can finally play!
Although I noticed by going through Electro and Cherno on 3 separate public servers and only finding 1 backpack and a shotgun and some food a little disturbing. Hospitals were void of supplies, Police and Schools and a few military camps had NOTHING.
I heard loot progresses inland towards NW but why would there be nothing on the coastal cities anymore? Wouldn't that leave no reason to ever venture there?
I looked up the central look economy and noticed that it takes into account player camps and inventory....Wouldn't this ruin loot? Say a duper dupes a bunch of military gear and guns, wouldn't the economy not spawn that loot anymore?
Also for organized groups that stash tons of good loot (endgame gear) throughout camps, again, wouldn't that leave almost ZERO or little good loot for new players to find? If my hypothesis is wrong, please clarify for me.
If I am correct, wouldn't removing stashed loot from the economy correct the problem? Because if they stash 20 vs 80 guns it makes no difference to them since they cannot carry that many, but would allow new players the ability to actually find stuff?
I don't want to wander around the map looking for camps in the middle of nowhere as the only viable/reliable option to get HIGH END GEAR, not just random shotguns and clothes.
I've been playing a long time and was always good at finding things, and I've traveled almost everywhere and have found very little, it almost has to be from conclusions, a bug, or hoarders hoarding and causing the central economy to spawn either nothing or garbage???