Sign in to follow this  
down167

Why do some people walk slow in DayZ?

For some reason a couple of my friends can't really play with us because they walk slower then everyone else in run mode, it makes no sense but is there anyway to fix this.

There's a bug report that has most likely died by now about this, so far I heard that changing between playing in third-person and first-person helps somehow. (It didn't work for me though -.-)

Low FPS.

Nope, trust me I have about the same FPS as most of my group and basically everyone runs about 2 times as fast as me. They say that my running animation looks normal but my character itself slowly moves forward.

Um, stupid suggestion, but if you click your right mouse button without a gun equipped, it still tries to "look down the scope" and will lock you into a walking speed. Not sure if this helps at all, but I've never had anything similar happen unless it was related to that.

Edited by Sumdum

Low FPS.

It would take some pretty extremely low (exceptionally unplayable) FPS to cause that.

yeh i am thinking they are in boss run mode and he is in normal run.

certain weapons tend to cause this as well. for example, runnig with axe out is faster, or running with a winchester (maybe all shotguns) is faster then side arm or rifle. alot of times i think its people using diffrent weapons that create diffrent run speeds

certain weapons tend to cause this as well. for example, runnig with axe out is faster, or running with a winchester (maybe all shotguns) is faster then side arm or rifle. alot of times i think its people using diffrent weapons that create diffrent run speeds

This was busted.

I've noticed this too :/. I seems to have something to do with clothes I though. So when I was wearing the normal clothes I would run slightly slower than my mate who had the black clothes

Well there are advantages to this. When you accidentally overaggro in town just cap the slowest guy and leg it. Piece of piss

I've noticed some bugs where a "stance" gets locked somehow, even between lives. By stances I mean rightclicking, leaning, doubletapping shift, and so on. When the lean stance gets locked after you die and respawn your character isn't even leaning visually, but pressing the lean buttons will fix the problem.. Just try all sorts of movement/aiming stuff and hopefully you'll fix it eventually.

Edited by Mindtraveling

You people seem to think that we are walking, no it is not us walking and not being able to turn it off, we are moving much slower then we should. I have learned the controls and such and have tried all solutions you could think of including switching weapons, lowering graphic settings and using shift and such but it does not work.

Now I do have advantages of being slow, I usually spot important things that the rest of my group miss and when our group enters a risk area I am always behind in-case shit hits the fan.

You may have better luck on the BIS forums. I know what you are talking about, and you arent crazy. I've never found good documentation on it, nor a solution.

i think its due to the connection to the server, one person in our group is always slower, and she appears to be running really quickly, but her ping is crazy high sometimes. when that happens shes slower then all of us. there have been reports as to if you're red on the hunger or thirst meter it hampers your speed, but the thing about the weapons is completely false. search dayz mythbusters and you'll see it proven.

I have the same problem, OP. My friend and I are always running at varied speeds. Sometimes he's faster, sometimes I'm faster. Not a friggin clue what causes it. I thought it might be our food and water levels. But, we both ate and drank at the same time to test if it was, which it wasn't. Doesn't really bother me now, just have to stop occasionally for one of us to catch up.

Are you guys talking about sometimes the running animation looks(and is) faster, which can be seen by hands/legs extending further and some other times it's just slower? If so I also experience this, could it be due to high temperature? I thought it was normal and that the player was getting tired of running.

Edited by lonewolfGR

I thought this was to do with ping, server connection, but it must be a bug. I've seen this happen too many times, consistently but only for certain people. It's frustrating because the slow pokes are cast out, no none want's to run anywhere with them.

Did you try double tapping W? It make you sprint for a short while.

Edited, wrong key sorry.

Edited by SIMJEDI

Also, if you have no weapon equipped if you are leaning, it will not show you as leaning but the game will consider you as such. If you are leaning while having no weapon equipped you will not be able to run.