Jean Jacques Serrault

Updating Beta Patch Fix

By following your steps, I am able to play DayZ once again!

Jean Jacques Serrault, you sir, are a genius... Thank you! :D

By following your steps, I am able to play DayZ once again!

Jean Jacques Serrault, you sir, are a genius... Thank you! :D

I'm flattered. :blush: Thanks to the contributors for my guide. Without them, this guide can't be made. I just made a compilation from every possible solution I've done to make my Day Z working. Good to know it helped you, Plunkiy. :D

just reinstalled and launched six launcher and the first thing I get is CA Dubbing counter -.-

just reinstalled and launched six launcher and the first thing I get is CA Dubbing counter -.-

Can you explain what have you done since your last fresh install until you get the error? Steam or non-Steam?

Using retail Arma2 and Steam OA. I have fresh installed OA as don't have the disk for Arma anymore. Since this, I have launched the Six Launcher and attempted to run it but get that error. I've manually done the patch and the Battleeye.dll but no luck.

Using retail Arma2 and Steam OA. I have fresh installed OA as don't have the disk for Arma anymore. Since this, I have launched the Six Launcher and attempted to run it but get that error. I've manually done the patch and the Battleeye.dll but no luck.

Have you run your ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA at least once? I put some additional instructions after the main guide. Also, have you done every step and instruction at the first post? Just want to clarify so I can narrow the error source possibilities.

Edited by Jean Jacques Serrault

A little out of topic question: is it just me or is the night darker? I can't even see anything except the twinkly little stars above. Has it been made darker than when in patch 1.7.2? Not even the moon gives her light to mother earth?

2nd question... will zombies chase you when you use flashlight somewhere a bit far from them? I mean, is the flashlight's light affect their aggro meter?

Sorry for the OOT questions. Never used flashlight near zombies before.

Right, manager to get it working now! x

You fixed it? How? Perhaps you can share with us so people can know the solution when they got the same problem like yours. Don't forget to state your error. Anyway, glad to know you can play again. :)

How did I solve the issue?

Uninstall Arma OA - > Delete ANY contents of the OA folder.

Next you want to restart your PC/Laptop and then reinstall OA (Note I have the STEAM OA). Once installed actually run the game and load up a map. Next, I closed down the game. Went into my ARMA2 install directory and copied the AddOns folder into the root of the OA install. I then ran the latest Patch, which this time got to 3% and then finished which IS CORRECT! Now, I launched six launcher and installed DayZ, then I updated the Battleeye server and client in all of my Arma installs and even in your appdata folder in your user (Windows). I then launched DayZ, clicked on Quick Match and it worked!

I've still not tried any normal servers yet, but I must say DayZ runs beautiful! Amazing FPS (Server dependant).

I would mention, when trying to connect to any normal non - DayZ server, I ALWAYS get Wait For Host which is very annoying as I want to play some RPG too =[

Edit - The reason for this is due to my game being 1.61 as all the DayZ servers are. However my mate can play normal servers and also DayZ servers flawlessly :s

Edited by X-Adzie-X

Thanks for sharing the solution you did. :) Hope that can be useful for other players with same problem.

A little out of topic question: is it just me or is the night darker? I can't even see anything except the twinkly little stars above. Has it been made darker than when in patch 1.7.2? Not even the moon gives her light to mother earth?

2nd question... will zombies chase you when you use flashlight somewhere a bit far from them? I mean, is the flashlight's light affect their aggro meter?

Sorry for the OOT questions. Never used flashlight near zombies before.

Anyone got the pitch black environment like in my case? Can't see anything without light source around. It's much darker than the previous patch.

Really? I've downloaded many beta patches and never need any username and password to download the files.

I'm getting this too. tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox...

**EDIT: never mind. Not sure if this matters, but i created an account here to post my reply, but now the download works. does it use the authentication from here?

Edited by BlancoGringo

I'm getting this too. tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox...

**EDIT: never mind. Not sure if this matters, but i created an account here to post my reply, but now the download works. does it use the authentication from here?

No it does not. The site is/was most likely just experiencing some sort of problem.

Edited by LivingError

Hey Op when i go to Arma beta patch site you linked it asks for a username and password , before i could download with no problem.

any idea where i can get the beta patchs other than 6 launcher? because that updates to 95059 which is not used by all

Hey Op when i go to Arma beta patch site you linked it asks for a username and password , before i could download with no problem.

any idea where i can get the beta patchs other than 6 launcher? because that updates to 95059 which is not used by all

Sorry I'm not OP, but I hope this helps :)

This thread provides 95099 beta patch information and a mirror link to the download: http://forums.bistud...-3)-build-95099

Edited by LivingError

The link works for me. Probably the site has some requirements to get the download working like what LivingError mentioned. Note that I used Chrome to download. Haven't tried the other browser, though.

Anyway, looks like nobody can't answer my pitch black night. Gotta fix this if it's only me with the problem.

The link works for me. Probably the site has some requirements to get the download working like what LivingError mentioned. Note that I used Chrome to download. Haven't tried the other browser, though.

Anyway, looks like nobody can answer my pitch black night. Gotta fix this if it's only me with the problem.

I am on the LATEST beta patch (95168), which updates ARMA from 1.61 to 1.62, so I suspect that backwards compatibility is lost in this version update. I guess it'll take a few days before all the servers settle out to the newest beta. I WAS on 95099 and did NOT have the uber-dark night, and I was using brightness 1.3 and gamma 1.5 in my options in order to be able to see well during day AND night. After updating to 95168, I do have the MUCH darker night. If I didn't have NVG, which I just found today, the game would be 100% unplayable at night again. I may try to play with brightness/gamma to see if I can get it working without NVG.

Would it be possible to re-patch to an older version and play on servers with the older patch? Because a majority of the servers are not up to date and when i do find a server that has the current patch it just gets stuck at the loading screen.

I am on the LATEST beta patch (95168), which updates ARMA from 1.61 to 1.62, so I suspect that backwards compatibility is lost in this version update. I guess it'll take a few days before all the servers settle out to the newest beta. I WAS on 95099 and did NOT have the uber-dark night, and I was using brightness 1.3 and gamma 1.5 in my options in order to be able to see well during day AND night. After updating to 95168, I do have the MUCH darker night. If I didn't have NVG, which I just found today, the game would be 100% unplayable at night again. I may try to play with brightness/gamma to see if I can get it working without NVG.

I got the pitch black night after I go to 1.7.2.3 patch. o.O Dang. I can't play during night time. :( Please tell me if you can find anything to get rid this "darker than darkness" issue. I wanna roam at night again. X(

Would it be possible to re-patch to an older version and play on servers with the older patch? Because a majority of the servers are not up to date and when i do find a server that has the current patch it just gets stuck at the loading screen.

Yes. As long as you do the guide correctly. I've played in 95099 then re-do my guide and I could play at 94876. No problem with going backwards. Will test the latest patch soon.

Thanks for the reply it is much appreciated but just one more question would i need to replace the BEClient.dll and BEServer.dll? Or can i leave it be and just download patch 94876 and repatch it without downloading them?

(Also there is a typo in step 5 "Then download the BEClient.dll dan BEServer.dll" :)

Edited by kobi

.: Guide has been updated as per 20-7-2012 :.

Tested with beta patch 95168 and success.

Thanks for the reply it is much appreciated but just one more question would i need to replace the BEClient.dll and BEServer.dll? Or can i leave it be and just download patch 94876 and repatch it without downloading them?

(Also there is a typo in step 5 "Then download the BEClient.dll dan BEServer.dll" :)

If you want to use the beta patch under 94945, use the v1.11 / v1.60 / v1.61.94876 .dll. And thanks for telling me about that typo. My bad. :P