Jean Jacques Serrault

Updating Beta Patch Fix

Since the admin has locked the thread, I re-post my guide which originally posted at http://dayzmod.com/f...120#entry339383. I make this thread for those who got problems after having done the instruction I gave so that they can post their error and then perhaps I and some other people who has succeeded can post the solution. Some people confirmed that the instruction was working. Some people even tried to install the later patch ( above 94997 ) using the steps below and succeeded. Here's what I've posted in that thread with some edited instruction:

I tried it and somehow it failed me at first. I then tried again and again and... again to make the latest patch working and I finally succeeded. Here are the steps I can summarized from all I did to make the latest patch works:

1. If you're using Steam ( same as me ), exit Steam and re-launch it as an Administrator. Then go to Steam Library > Right click on ARMA 2 > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Then do the exact same thing with ARMA 2 OA.
  2. If you're using Steam, run ARMA 2, once you're in the main menu, exit. Do the exact same thing with ARMA 2 OA and ARMA 2 CO.
  3. Go to your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion > delete the entire beta folder
  4. Go to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA ( you'll need to change your windows settings to show hidden folders and files ) > BattlEye and delete the .dll.
  5. Download and install the latest patch at http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php.
  6. If you there's no BattlEye folder in your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion, go to your main ARMA 2 OA main folder > BESetup and run the installer ( this should install the original BattlEye for your ARMA 2 OA ). Then download the BEClient.dll and BEServer.dll ( choose the compatible version ) from http://www.battleye.com/download.html and copy or cut it to your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion > BattlEye and replace the 2 .dll files with the ones you just downloaded.
  7. Copy only the BEClient.dll you've downloaded from step 5 and paste it to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA > BattlEye.
  8. If you're using Steam, rename the ArmA2OA ( the original .exe one ) in your main ARMA 2 folder to ArmA2OABACKUP then copy the arma2oa ( the beta patch .exe one ) in your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion > beta and paste it to your ARMA 2 OA main folder.
  9. If you're using Steam, go to Steam Library > Right click on ARMA 2 OA > Properties > General > Set Launch Options > copy and paste this: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz then click OK.
  10. If you're using a non-Steam ARMA 2 OA client, go to the ARMA 2 OA main directory and right-click on shortcut "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch". Add: -mod=@dayz to the target line.
  11. Run SIX Launcher, open the "Options" at the lower left and check all the boxes except the "Update Beta Patch" and "Only rely on server list provided by SU Portal" boxes, OK, then "Verify".
  12. YAY!!! :D Play Day Z in servers with your current patch! :thumbsup:

Hope this guide can help you guys. :lol:

NOTE:

For those who have just bought ARMA 2 CO ( ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA ) from Steam, run the ARMA 2, ARMA 2 OA, and ARMA 2 CO ( right click on ARMA 2 OA launcher on Steam Library then run ARMA 2 CO ) at least once so your CD Key get registered then download and install the SIX Launcher from http://dayzmod.com/?Download and run it. Then click on "Install", wait for the launcher to install Day Z to your ARMA 2 OA and then follow the guide above. G'luck, guys! ;)

( Special thanks to Day Z staffs, Sickboy, Rammfisch, Spiritreader, PimpinSmurf, LivingError, and samirocks123 for providing the links and some guides that I used to make the guide. )

Here's the list of possible errors you might get due to the today's SIX Launcher patch update:
  • "Waiting for Host" eternal black screen. Possible solutions: Re-do step 6 or delete the entire @DayZ folder then re-install it through SIX Launcher.
  • "Bad Name" kicking. Possible solution: Delete the old profile ( this won't affect your progress in Day Z ) then create the new one with different name, enter the game, and after that, you can go back to main menu and rename your profile back to whatever you want.
  • "Invalid CD Key" or something like that. Possible solution: Run your ARMA 2 CO once.
  • "Kicked" without reason multiple times. Possible solution: http://dayzmod.com/f...r-being-kicked/.
  • "No Server" in the SIX Launcher or Day Z Commander. Possible solution: After step 11, close the SIX Launcher and go to: http://arma2.swec.se/server/list. Type in the Day Z server's name, click it from the list and get its IP and port. Then run ARMA 2 CO, go to Multiplayer > Remote > Type in the IP and port, click OK, then the server will appear in the list. You can then choose the server and join the game.

Those are the current possible error reports I've heard so far from the ones who did the update through the guide above. Hope this helps. :)

A little note before trolling for errors, search function is your friend.

TEST LOG:

19-7-2012 > Beta Patch 94876, 95054, 95099: success.

20-7-2012 > Beta Patch 95168: success.

21-7-2012 > Beta Patch 95208: success.

28-7-2012 > Beta Patch 95417 and @DayZ mod patch 1.7.2.4: success.

I got these 3 guides from other people to increase my fps and it works for me:

http://dayzmod.com/f...h-out-the-game/

http://dayzmod.com/f...low-frames-fix/

http://www.reddit.co...w_fps_try_this/

Thanks to March1, MorninAfterKill, and cook_ for the awesome guides. Also thanks to tomfin for posting the links.

.: Guide has been updated as per 28-7-2012 :.

Edited by Jean Jacques Serrault
  • Like 13

is it backwards compatible? Like can I play on a server thats running 94876?

There are alot of players that dont realize this. I did the update to my server which caused problems, So I ended up just reverting back. Until it becomes mandatory, I wont do it.

Dear Ryahn please ensure your servers are updated to Beta build 95054.

NOTE: Build 95054 is the current recommended build for all servers.

Affected File(s):

- Base ARMA OA Installation

The ideal place to report bugs is at the community bug tracker:

This notification has been sent to the email address associated with your DayZ account. For information on DayZ's privacy policy, visit http://www.dayzmod.com/privacy.htm.

This email message was auto-generated.

Edited by Ryahn

Hey I'm trying to do this with patch 95054 and at step 5 when I try to run the file nothing happens.

• Like 1

Hey I'm trying to do this with patch 95054 and at step 5 when I try to run the file nothing happens.

When I try to start the patch it says Wrong CD-Key. I have the game on steam?

• Like 1

You need to verify integrity of game cache on steam for your ArmaOA.....then run the game through steam before you continue to patch with the beta.

• Like 1

My problem is now that i get the "ArmA OA has stopped working" error - Get this when I connect all the way to the very end of loading screen (picture loading screen) then game cuts off and give error.

Or

Bad Version..Server rejected connection - Get this when I start the connecting to server process.

Im using and joining correct versions!

Edited by Massicor
  • Like 1

You need to verify integrity of game cache on steam for your ArmaOA.....then run the game through steam before you continue to patch with the beta.

I forgot about that, thanks!

is it backwards compatible? Like can I play on a server thats running 94876?

You can only play with the servers that have same beta patch version.

I've updated the guide. It works for me.

Try using the newly updated guide.

My problem is now that i get the "ArmA OA has stopped working" error - Get this when I connect all the way to the very end of loading screen (picture loading screen) then game cuts off and give error.

Or

Bad Version..Server rejected connection - Get this when I start the connecting to server process.

Im using and joining correct versions!

Same as PERFECTION, try using the newly updated guide.

Do we really need this patch?

It fixes tons of bugs and increases both connectivity and fps performance. It's up to you whether you want to use it or not but many people are happy for using the patch atm. :)

I forgot about that, thanks!

No need to run the game through Steam if this isn't your first time after buying and downloading ARMA 2 CO.

Edited by Jacques

I found that, if you disable Six Launchers ability to download beta patch in options. You can verify and play : ) Otherwise I retried 5 times... Before I thought about.. it... <-Stupid:/

I found that, if you disable Six Launchers ability to download beta patch in options. You can verify and play : ) Otherwise I retried 5 times... Before I thought about.. it... <-Stupid:/

No, you're not stupid. Giving it all you've got to do the right thing never ever a stupid thing. Actually, I've found the problem. try to read the updated guide. :)

• Like 1

If it's still giving you the wrong CD key error, run Arma 2 combined ops from the OA launcher on steam. Took care of the problem for me.

If it's still giving you the wrong CD key error, run Arma 2 combined ops from the OA launcher on steam. Took care of the problem for me.

I've never got any Wrong CD Key error but this worth noting. Thanks, Gram.

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

whenever i verify the integrity of the game cache i get a message that says "1 files failed to validate and will be reaquired"... that is after it runs all the way through.

edit: decided to go ahead and try your guide, and on step 3, I don't have an app data folder... any ideas? Windows 7 if it matters.

Edited by mlinton10

I was able to join a game and 80% into it it would give me the battle update failed. Now, when I click on a server(after I tried these steps) it just says battleye failed right off the bat. Any suggestions?

Depends on where you installed Steam. Find your Steam directory /Steam/steamapps/common/

Edited by PimpinSmurf

Did the guide but didnt seem to fix it. I went in and deleted my @DayZ folder ran sixupdater to reinstall it and now I am able to join servers with the new patch just fine. Thank you for the info.

Let me clear something up. Did the guide and it fixed the initial problems but I got the "wait for host" issue when I reinstalled DayZ it fixed it. Just so you guys know what Im talking about.

Edited by PimpinSmurf

Sorry, but I don't know which "@DayZ" folder you're referring to. May you please clarify?

Question, where do we (Steam user) find the ARMA 2 OA main folder?

The Arma 2 folder is located where you installed steam @ -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

*may vary on your install path.

edit: decided to go ahead and try your guide, and on step 3, I don't have an app data folder... any ideas? Windows 7 if it matters.

In windows 7, to reach the appdata folder you will have to type %appdata% and hit enter in the startmenu searchbox, it will get you into Appdata/Roaming, go back 1 folder and select Local

Thank you for the guide, hopefully all servers will update now to the latest version.

Followed the instructions to the letter, and still get the "Waiting on Host" black screen. Waste of time.