Jean Jacques Serrault

Updating Beta Patch Fix

I got the wrong CD key error which led me here. I then followed the guide. I then got the waiting for host error. So I then deleted the @DayZ folder outright, launched sixupdater and reinstalled DayZ. It may be that people are missing steps in the guide.

Make sure you didnt miss these two steps:

Go to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA > BattlEye and delete the .dll

Then download the BEClient.dll and BEServer.dll for v1.61.94945+ from http://www.battleye.com/download.html and copy or cut it to your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion > BattlEye and replace the 2 .dll files with the ones you just downloaded.

BE has been changed a bit as to when it initializes from what I gather.

Edited by PimpinSmurf
  • Like 1

Last night I updated a beta patch via Six Launcher which seems to have been the catalyst for my problem. I've tried many recommended solutions only to continue to experience the "Waiting for host" screen upon server login. Steps taken so far:

I uninstalled and reinstalled Battleeye twice: no change. I also downloaded and installed the beta patch that ihasashuvel posted in the below quote. Upon attempting to run the game again after installing the quoted patch I received the infamous "Wrong CD Key" error and ultimately: no change.

Any ideas?

Edit: I logged into Six Launcher this morning and downloaded the new patch that sickboy linked earlier. I continue to experience the "Waiting for Host" prompt instead of the server list upon server login.

I'm in the same boat as you mate!

I got the wrong CD key error which led me here. I then followed the guide. I then got the waiting for host error. So I then deleted the @DayZ folder outright, launched sixupdater and reinstalled DayZ. It may be that people are missing steps in the guide.

Make sure you didnt miss these two steps:

Go to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA > BattlEye and delete the .dll

Then download the BEClient.dll dan BEServer.dll for v1.61.94945+ from http://www.battleye.com/download.html and copy or cut it to your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion > BattlEye and replace the 2 .dll files with the ones you just downloaded.

BE has been changed a bit as to when it initializes from what I gather.

First of all: thanks for your help so far.

I deleted my @dayz folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\) and reinstalled in accordance with your instructions. The good news is now the symptoms have changed from "Waiting for Host" to "kicked for bad player name" which means I'm getting somewhere. I then followed your continued instructions to replace the .dll files, but with no change. Any further ideas?

Edit: I have fully solved the problem and I am able to log into servers and play. To rectify the "kicked for bad player name" error, just launch Arma II or Arma II OA from Steam, select "profile" from the beginning menu, and create a new profile. I did this and I spawned back in to exactly where I was with all of the gear that I had before this be debacle. Hope this helps!

Edited by DreamerBrian

I followed this guide and it didnt do anything to solve the problem. I am able to get into servers fine, but then it just says "Unknown game version" and kicks me. I am using beta patch 95099.

Followed the entire guide. Joined a server that was updated. The loading/receiving/waiting for character to create-part took forever, and when I finally spawned I was at the coast without any of my stuff or stats?

step 4 requires a username and pass to download file, fail much?

This guide isnt for 95099 it was for 95054. Also I believe that is a known issue at the moment. If I update to that version I will tell you how I fixed it. I am scared to though as someone said they spawned without any of their gear. When I die I might try it out.

I followed this guide and it didnt do anything to solve the problem. I am able to get into servers fine, but then it just says "Unknown game version" and kicks me. I am using beta patch 95099.

Edited by PimpinSmurf

Anyone any close to solving this guys? Getting frustrating. Maybe release a whole overhaul, maybe even a complete installer for Six Launcher that will install everything.

Ive tried to fix it according to the steps and now when i start arma2OA i get this message: Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack

if anyone has any clue as to what that is or how to fix it please share it, it would be much appreciated, Thank you

Edited by kobi

step 4 requires a username and pass to download file, fail much?

Really? I've downloaded many beta patches and never need any username and password to download the files.

ohh and now it says my cd key is bad, awesome guide bro

Search function is your friend. FYI, me and many others did the guide and solved any errors we've encountered.

Ive tried to fix it according to the steps and now when i start arma2OA i get this message: Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack

if anyone has any clue as to what that is or how to fix it please share it, it would be much appreciated, Thank you

Tried any possible solution you can find in the forum? I dunno if this can help but try to delete the @DayZ folder and re-install it using SIX Launcher. And also, try to re-install the beta patch again.

This guide isnt for 95099 it was for 95054. Also I believe that is a known issue at the moment. If I update to that version I will tell you how I fixed it. I am scared to though as someone said they spawned without any of their gear. When I die I might try it out.

I'll try to do the 95099 patch soon. Will let people know if it works.

Edited by Jean Jacques Serrault

I have updated the patch to 95099 and i have tried deleting @Dayz folder entirely and re-installed it with six launcher but im still stuck at the wait for host screen. When i do find a server that i can get past the wait for host and get into the lobby it just gets stuck at the loading screen with the black screen :( spent so much time trying to fix it dont want to give up >.<

I have updated the patch to 95099 and i have tried deleting @Dayz folder entirely and re-installed it with six launcher but im still stuck at the wait for host screen. When i do find a server that i can get past the wait for host and get into the lobby it just gets stuck at the loading screen with the black screen :( spent so much time trying to fix it dont want to give up >.<

Sorry to hear that. perhaps you can try to delete the beta folder and re-install the 95099 again. Also, are you using steam or not? The solution could be a little different.

Yes im using steam (sorry i should have made it clear)

Saw your thread a little after I posted mine, promptly edited to include a link to yours which includes more information. Glad I could help :)

Thanks for the help, LivingError. Some people would be glad when they can play again.

o.O Got killed while I afk updating the guide. LoL Well, that's my bad. Back again to new. :D

• Like 1

Thanks it works now but unfortunately my character got wiped and now im back to the start again

Thanks it works now but unfortunately my character got wiped and now im back to the start again

Glad to know the solution works. :) I don't know why people experiencing this "wiping" issue. Hopefully the next patch can fix that. I didn't experience that issue, though.

Edited by Jean Jacques Serrault

yea I hope that gets fixed as soon as possible, is there a way to rollback?

Kill the new character and see if the other one comes back, that's what I had to do a couple of days ago.

Edited by LivingError

As far as I know, Day Z devs don't support the rollback anymore for characters.

Kill the new character and see if the other one comes back, that's what I had to do a couple of days ago.

Yeah, sometimes if you're lucky, there could be the old character data restored when you died with your new one.

• Like 1

Thanks ill definitely give it a try, i know the chances are slim but its definitely not coming back if i dont try. Ill report later to see what my results are