Jean Jacques Serrault

Updating Beta Patch Fix

whenever i verify the integrity of the game cache i get a message that says "1 files failed to validate and will be reaquired"... that is after it runs all the way through.

edit: decided to go ahead and try your guide, and on step 3, I don't have an app data folder... any ideas? Windows 7 if it matters.

Show all hidden folders and files and you'll find it. Try to change your windows settings and it will appear.

I was able to join a game and 80% into it it would give me the battle update failed. Now, when I click on a server(after I tried these steps) it just says battleye failed right off the bat. Any suggestions?

Have you tried everything? Have you replaced both of your Client.dll and Server.dll and do exactly as the guide says? Just want to clarify. :)

Followed the instructions to the letter, and still get the "Waiting on Host" black screen. Waste of time.

The "Waiting on Host" black screen appeared because of today's SIX Launcher's update. I also experienced this just now and I've fixed it just by re-installing the latest beta patch. Now I can get in-game without any problem. And also, if you can't get this fixed, PimpinSmurf has posted another way by deleting the entire @DayZ folder and re-installing it via SIX Launcher.

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

By default your steam folder is located at

Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

If you have dificulties you can rightclick the steam icon on your desktop, hit properties, then "open file location"

This guide on sixlauncher options also fixed the double favorites servers I had. now they show correctly :)

cant download the beta build thingy. 95054

#Edit. Screw it im Deleting the entire dayz folder and going that way, im getting annoyed :/

Edited by Vendicta

This guide on sixlauncher options also fixed the double favorites servers I had. now they show correctly :)

Double servers issue solved in new build.
  • Like 1

cant download the beta build thingy. 95054

#Edit. Screw it im Deleting the entire dayz folder and going that way, im getting annoyed :/

Tried SIX Launcher? Many mirrors available, latest beta should be installed in no time.

hi,

me and my friend are using the sixlauncher. Today there way an update since than we can not connect to a server -> Waiting for Host. Does this guide fix the issue ?

Try to search the previous posts. You'll find the solution for this thing. As for me, once I got that problem, I just re-do step 4, re-installing the beta patch step and it worked for me. If that doesn't work, PimpinSmurf confirmed that by deleting the entire @DayZ folder and then re-install it via SIX Launcher solved the problem. I'll add the solution to the first post.

My game was working spot on before, then something happened.

Right, here's where I am at. I've deleted DayZ, deleted all the mods. Reinstalled them fresh, followed every instruction given here and it all installed perfectly. Even steam launches when SixLauncher runs. However... I still get waiting for host. Now, is this an issue my end or server end?

I saw on a previous post you said to reinstall the beta patch, upon attempting this I get the standard wrong CD key error message. Now, am I being an absolute twat here or is something just not right,

Do i really need to uninstall Arma2 and Arma2 OA and reinstall them before i can redo my beta files...i hate having to wait 2 hours per game installation to fix these beta patches...

Okay, I believe I may indeed be being a muppet. Just seen the server in which I always play has a reference in the server name to the old patch. Lets try a different server and will update with my findings.

My game was working spot on before, then something happened.

Right, here's where I am at. I've deleted DayZ, deleted all the mods. Reinstalled them fresh, followed every instruction given here and it all installed perfectly. Even steam launches when SixLauncher runs. However... I still get waiting for host. Now, is this an issue my end or server end?

I saw on a previous post you said to reinstall the beta patch, upon attempting this I get the standard wrong CD key error message. Now, am I being an absolute twat here or is something just not right,

Okay, I believe I may indeed be being a muppet. Just seen the server in which I always play has a reference in the server name to the old patch. Lets try a different server and will update with my findings.

I'll wait. :) Hope you can play without problem. Someone will reply when I'm not around.

Do i really need to uninstall Arma2 and Arma2 OA and reinstall them before i can redo my beta files...i hate having to wait 2 hours per game installation to fix these beta patches...

No need to fresh installing the whole ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA. Try to do the guide at the first post. Some people said it works if you do it correctly.

Now i keep getting some counter animation failing :s

I encountered that thing once and I fixed it by doing the guide. If you keep getting the problem, can you please post what you've done until you got that error?

Just deleted the beta folder, following the guide again and now when I try to reinstall it, both normal and as admin I get wrong CD key error, it proceeds to install but it doesn't.

did get past wait for server and battle eye unknown version.....now I got badname kicks from battleeye:S

tested with my normal name and just the letter "A" and "R".....

Edit: NVM found solution, you just need to make a new profile in arma 2 inside the game

Edited by RoaRawR

New beta is available with fixes for the name, just a matter of BattlEye support and DayZ sign-off.

I updated the game itself, then I got the DirectX issue. I am going to give up. I cannot do a fresh install due to not having the CD anymore. I've done the guide 3 times, updated Direct X, the Game, the Beta and still nothing back at the ca_dubbing_counterattack error.

ca_dubbing etc sounds like ARMA2 game not loaded/found, not installed, or not up2date.

I updated the game itself, then I got the DirectX issue. I am going to give up. I cannot do a fresh install due to not having the CD anymore. I've done the guide 3 times, updated Direct X, the Game, the Beta and still nothing back at the ca_dubbing_counterattack error.

I used this guide to fix that! http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32564-dayz-anim-requires-ca-dubbing-counterattack/

now just wanting for reinstall to finish so i can try this guide yet again...

I've tried that mlinton. However, it still hasn't worked. just got ARMA OA working via steam now, so will try some fresh installs of this mod.

I've tried everything now. I manage to get the game into a working state again, however the moment I install DayZ and try and play that FUCK ME does it go crazy. Every other server will say Waiting for Host. DayZ will just break!

Last night I updated a beta patch via Six Launcher which seems to have been the catalyst for my problem. I've tried many recommended solutions only to continue to experience the "Waiting for host" screen upon server login. Steps taken so far:

I uninstalled and reinstalled Battleeye twice: no change. I also downloaded and installed the beta patch that ihasashuvel posted in the below quote. Upon attempting to run the game again after installing the quoted patch I received the infamous "Wrong CD Key" error and ultimately: no change.

This bug happens along when you install the latest beta patch, revert to 94876 here install the exe and it will overwrite the beta patch you have and **SHOULD** work. If not, post and we'll figure it out.

Any ideas?

Edit: I logged into Six Launcher this morning and downloaded the new patch that sickboy linked earlier. I continue to experience the "Waiting for Host" prompt instead of the server list upon server login.

Edited by DreamerBrian