Jean Jacques Serrault

Updating Beta Patch Fix

A bit unrelated, but has anybody else's frame rate been completely, violently destroyed by the new beta patch? Seems to happen to me every few beta patches (and the beta patches that don't ruin my frame rate break the game in some other terrifying, horrible way, because, despite making the game, BI seems to have absolutely no idea what they're doing).

Oh, also: the night is so dark either because

a) The server you're in (like all servers) follow the cycle of the moon, which means new moon week = pitch black darkness. We are currently in the very early stage of the moon cycle; by the 24th or the 25th, it should be fairly bright outside again.

b) The moon is out and about, but there's cloud coverage - whether raining or not, clouds in-game can block out the moon and its light. Nifty, huh?

And as for a question asked some time ago, but that still has not been answered: flashlights do not attract zombies. Well, they don't aggro them, at least - they may or may not attract zombies in the way that a flare does. They didn't the last time I used one, but that may have been changed.

Edited by John
  • Like 1

A bit unrelated, but has anybody else's frame rate been completely, violently destroyed by the new beta patch? Seems to happen to me every few beta patches (and the beta patches that don't ruin my frame rate break the game in some other terrifying, horrible way, because, despite making the game, BI seems to have absolutely no idea what they're doing).

Oh, also: the night is so dark either because

a) The server you're in (like all servers) follow the cycle of the moon, which means new moon week = pitch black darkness. We are currently in the very early stage of the moon cycle; by the 24th or the 25th, it should be fairly bright outside again.

B) The moon is out and about, but there's cloud coverage - whether raining or not, clouds in-game can block out the moon and its light. Nifty, huh?

And as for a question asked some time ago, but that still has not been answered: flashlights do not attract zombies. Well, they don't aggro them, at least - they may or may not attract zombies in the way that a flare does. They didn't the last time I used one, but that may have been changed.

Yea, my frame rate drops significantly after the 95168 patch. o.O

Hey, dude. Thanks a lot for answering those lingering questions of mine. So, it's so amazing. Clouds, fogs, and a new moon week. That's simply awesome. Never found things as real as that in any other games. Also, about the flashlight, thanks for telling me. Now I can crawling around without any worry of the living deads aware of my presence. :D Thanks a lot, John!

No problem! Just don't forget that that flashlight makes you a pretty big target, even from a distance - so any bandits nearby won't hesitate to shoot the source of it.

No problem! Just don't forget that that flashlight makes you a pretty big target, even from a distance - so any bandits nearby won't hesitate to shoot the source of it.

Yea, I'm aware of that. The bandits are the biggest threat out there in cernarus. :D

Edited by Jean Jacques Serrault

Just followed everything fresh as of today. Everything boots/opens fine except now I am getting "battleye initialization failed". I am sure this is an easy fix... and yes I did replace the server and client files. Any ideas????

Just followed everything fresh as of today. Everything boots/opens fine except now I am getting "battleye initialization failed". I am sure this is an easy fix... and yes I did replace the server and client files. Any ideas????

Are you using Steam or not? The fix can be different. :)

Hey Ive tried your guide but im still stuck on loading screen in dayz I bought arma 2 CO through steam and I use six-launcher

Hey Ive tried your guide but im still stuck on loading screen in dayz I bought arma 2 CO through steam and I use six-launcher

Which loading screen? There are 2 of them. The first one with a white progress bar and the 2nd one is the final loading screen without progress bar a.k.a black screen with "loading" only.

If you experienced the 1st one being too long, you might need to join another server or re-check if you've done everything in the guide, step by step without missing a single one. If you're stuck at the 2nd loading screen, there are 2 possibilities. Whether your chosen server is crowded and you'll need to wait for about 5-10 minutes in that screen or it's an error. If it's an error, please do the solution as the 1st problem. I've experienced both loading screens problem so I know that my guide which has fixed the errors for me might work as well for the others.

Hope you can fix the errors. :) If you experience any other errors, don't hesitate to post them here so I and other successful players can help you.

Everytime I try to update my game with a new patch, my game seems to crash whenever I try to open it. This is the error message I get whenever I try to open it.

"Faulting application arma2oa.exe, version 1.62.95.248, faulting module arma2oa.exe, version 1.62.95.248, fault address 0x0059767b."

Now, I've tried numerous different patches, I've tried reinstalling my game and patching it again. My game was bought off of steam, and I'm using the patches which directly update the game by itself. There seems to be no problems installing it, as all the files are in the correct spot. I've followed this guide three times now, and it just won't start.

Here's the link to my troubleshooting problem for more info: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/39434-arma-2-oa-has-encountered-a-problem-and-needs-to-close/

Which loading screen? There are 2 of them. The first one with a white progress bar and the 2nd one is the final loading screen without progress bar a.k.a black screen with "loading" only.

If you experienced the 1st one being too long, you might need to join another server or re-check if you've done everything in the guide, step by step without missing a single one. If you're stuck at the 2nd loading screen, there are 2 possibilities. Whether your chosen server is crowded and you'll need to wait for about 5-10 minutes in that screen or it's an error. If it's an error, please do the solution as the 1st problem. I've experienced both loading screens problem so I know that my guide which has fixed the errors for me might work as well for the others.

Hope you can fix the errors. :) If you experience any other errors, don't hesitate to post them here so I and other successful players can help you.

the 2nd one I posted my comment while on the loading screen and checked out a ton of other threads about it so I will assume its a n error considering I waited 30 minutes before Ctrl + alt+ delete closing it ill be sure to retry the guide thanks.

I did a shorter version of this.

I did the update today with Steam. Then verified the integrity of the cache files. Then I tried to install the new beta patch and got Wrong CD Key. So I went looking for the solution and found your hint about running Arma 2 Arma 2 AO and Arma 2 CO. Once I did that the beta patch went through and I went and connected to a server that was running that beta patch and connected with no problems.

Edited by Chaos5061

Everytime I try to update my game with a new patch, my game seems to crash whenever I try to open it. This is the error message I get whenever I try to open it.

"Faulting application arma2oa.exe, version 1.62.95.248, faulting module arma2oa.exe, version 1.62.95.248, fault address 0x0059767b."

Now, I've tried numerous different patches, I've tried reinstalling my game and patching it again. My game was bought off of steam, and I'm using the patches which directly update the game by itself. There seems to be no problems installing it, as all the files are in the correct spot. I've followed this guide three times now, and it just won't start.

Here's the link to my troubleshooting problem for more info: http://dayzmod.com/f...needs-to-close/

Everytime I want to update my beta patch, I just delete the entire beta folder, install the latest beta patch, and put arma2oa.exe to the main ARMA 2 OA directory. The game then always works for me.

Anyway, you don't need to do the re-install thing. It takes quite a long time to re-download everything from Steam again. Just verify integrity of both arma 2 and arma 2 oa, then run arma 2, arma 2 oa, and arma 2 co once ( step 1 and step 2 ). then do the guide at the first post. I've experienced many errors before, such as both loading screen problems, waiting for character to create, kicked w/o reason, invalid cd key, etc and the guide fixed them for me.

If it still not working, please post what you have done after your fresh re-install. I might identify the problem if you tell me thoroughly.

the 2nd one I posted my comment while on the loading screen and checked out a ton of other threads about it so I will assume its a n error considering I waited 30 minutes before Ctrl + alt+ delete closing it ill be sure to retry the guide thanks.

Sorry to know you get that error, Nubz. I experienced that error once and I just retry to join the other server and sometimes it fixes itself. If you don't mind, you can post what you've done since the last time you can play until you get this error. I might identify the problem.

I did a shorter version of this.

I did the update today with Steam. Then verified the integrity of the cache files. Then I tried to install the new beta patch and got Wrong CD Key. So I went looking for the solution and found your hint about running Arma 2 Arma 2 AO and Arma 2 CO. Once I did that the beta patch went through and I went and connected to a server that was running that beta patch and connected with no problems.

Nice to know you fixed your problem, dude. :) Have a nice adventure in Chernarus! :D

the error occured with the 1.7.2.3 patch I was on the outs with my group after our camp was raided they blamed me so I wasn't really in the mood plus my friend told me that it affected ghillie suits which I was wearing so I waited when I did update using sixlauncher I found out I was unable to connect to the server or any server for that matter. That was like 3-5 days ago haven't found a solution yet

Steam updated the game today and six launcher has the beta up to date, when i try to join a server though it says wait a moment then it stops responding everytime.

the error occured with the 1.7.2.3 patch I was on the outs with my group after our camp was raided they blamed me so I wasn't really in the mood plus my friend told me that it affected ghillie suits which I was wearing so I waited when I did update using sixlauncher I found out I was unable to connect to the server or any server for that matter. That was like 3-5 days ago haven't found a solution yet

Ghillie suits won't prevent you from logging in. I've seen some people sniping using the suits. Anyway, don't update the beta patch with SIX Launcher. It's suggested to update each beta patch manually. If you can't get into any server since 1.7.2.3 Day Z patch, perhaps there's something's wrong with the files at @DayZ folder. You can delete it and reinstall it via the official torrent download from http://dayzmod.com/?Download.

Steam updated the game today and six launcher has the beta up to date, when i try to join a server though it says wait a moment then it stops responding everytime.

The latest Steam ARMA 2 update gave some people trouble and they tried the guide at http://dayzmod.com/f...r-being-kicked/. It fixed some errors from the Steam's update.

.: Guide has been updated as per 28-7-2012 :.

NOTE: I don't know who has the solution for the "No Server" solution. I can't find it with the search button to add his name to the "Thanks to" list.

Do not try this. I just did and it messed up everything.

You know what? I know that my guide works for many people already. You might have not done things right and not properly using search function. Tell me what error did you get? What have you done so far since the last time you can play?