Sign in to follow this  
borntobewild

Make DayZ harder pls:)

If you playing dayz you can get really bored cause you can fully equip in 1 hour. I sugest to make item spawn 10 times less than now.

I don't agree about being bored.

At my age, you find something else to do and come back when it's not boring.

I agree with the thread title, though. Needs to feel more desperate and less like a military unit simulation.

I agree, but 10 times less? Thats too small, 3 times smaller would be enough.

• Like 1

I dont know what you guys are talking about...ive played hours and hours and the closest to fully equiped was a makarov with a few mags, an enfield with one, knife, and compass. I made it about 3 minutes only because i spawned in while some kids were looting elektro and got my only kill ever because one wasnt looking and the other had zombies chasing him....didnt make it to the forest before the other zombies got me....

I just raided like 6 deer stands and a few smaller shacks to find absolutely NOTHING :( just going to wait it out now....maybe someone will see me and feel sorry for me...

• Like 1

Needs to feel more desperate and less like a military unit simulation.

Could not agree more. There are already games for coordinated groups to wage war against each other. This should focus on survival, despair and paranoia not military tactics and squad based combat. :)

I die of starvation enough as it is, no!

Also, if the game gets made harder, give us a gun again; or atleast let us attack with our hands maybe punching a zombie to death with a few swings.

I'm laughing at the people posting how hard it is to find food and gear.

They need to reduce the food and drink spawns firstly as OP mentioned.Then a very important tweak is to make the blood loss when starving/dehydrated 10 times slower.You reduce the food/drink spawns wthout this major tweak and you will have starving people rage quitiing and spweing hate spam on these forums.

The reasons why they need to have food so abundant and same with drinks is because they put the time to bleed out way too high.if this was slowed down so you could play hours and hours while searching for food stuffs and hunting around you increase the survival feel of the game.Also the rate at which you increase health back with food is too fast.Slow that down and you will find that your running around Chenarus usually close to death but its manageable to survive.

I'm laughing at the people posting how hard it is to find food and gear.

Its only because they do not yet know how to game the game.you know....head to a super market....grab an alice pack and load up with so many cans of food you will get bored and have to go kill somebody;)

you can fully equip in 1 hour

Yeah, if by "fully equip" you mean a few cans of food/soda, a Makarov, a watch, hatchet, maybe a Czech backpack, and if you're really lucky and nobody's been to the nearby deer stands or fire stations, you might score an AK. Otherwise, you're spending an hour just running to the NW airfield and hoping you're lucky enough to see a helicopter crash along the way...

i just died cause of a bug but did it bother me? no cause it took me 30min to get the basic gear back and i have enough weapons in cars hidden all over the map

so yes make it harder - much harder

Could not agree more. There are already games for coordinated groups to wage war against each other. This should focus on survival, despair and paranoia not military tactics and squad based combat. :)

This.

I agree about making survival harder, but not to the point where new players are frustrated out of playing due to difficulty instead of pking. That's not what we want. I had some trouble starting up a few days ago just because I had so little to go on. I searched every little nook and cranny instead of prioritizing my loot searches, avoiding cities, etc.

If you playing dayz you can get really bored cause you can fully equip in 1 hour. I sugest to make item spawn 10 times less than now.

Join a server with 30+ people then tell me it's easy.

I dont know what you guys are talking about...ive played hours and hours and the closest to fully equiped was a makarov with a few mags, an enfield with one, knife, and compass. I made it about 3 minutes only because i spawned in while some kids were looting elektro and got my only kill ever because one wasnt looking and the other had zombies chasing him....didnt make it to the forest before the other zombies got me....

I just raided like 6 deer stands and a few smaller shacks to find absolutely NOTHING :( just going to wait it out now....maybe someone will see me and feel sorry for me...

I totally agree. I have been playing for about a week and i only found one gun. I died shortly after because i didn't have enough ammo and a zombie was chasing me. The zombies are ridiculous too, they run for ever and are fast as fuck. There should be a way to evade them because i find myself just killing myself if they run after me. I think we should bring back the spawning with weapons, even if its just melee.

P.S I watch some youtube videos of people playing dayz and they all have a crosshair. I don't. when i play arma 2 i have the crosshair but not with dayz. whats wrong?

I totally agree. I have been playing for about a week and i only found one gun. I died shortly after because i didn't have enough ammo and a zombie was chasing me. The zombies are ridiculous too, they run for ever and are fast as fuck. There should be a way to evade them because i find myself just killing myself if they run after me. I think we should bring back the spawning with weapons, even if its just melee.

P.S I watch some youtube videos of people playing dayz and they all have a crosshair. I don't. when i play arma 2 i have the crosshair but not with dayz. whats wrong?

Its a server specific condition. Sort of like some allow third person and some don't.

Its a server specific condition. Sort of like some allow third person and some don't.

Oh thanks. I was getting a little worried if it was something i did. Another thing, I dont know if its the server or my video settings but when i play there are like white dots on the grass. Nowere else just in the long grass...

The main objective of the game is NW AirField because it's really easy to find military guna in the game nowadays, it should make more CIVILIAN guns, like double barrel, lee enfield, makarov, crossbows, cz550, Winchester and add more of em. Im tired of seeing people with M107, AK47(M), M4A1 etc

Military guns are more rare to find than civilian, it should be the opposite

+100

The main objective of the game is NW AirField because it's really easy to find military guna in the game nowadays, it should make more CIVILIAN guns, like double barrel, lee enfield, makarov, crossbows, cz550, Winchester and add more of em. Im tired of seeing people with M107, AK47(M), M4A1 etc

Military guns are more rare to find than civilian, it should be the opposite