Sign in to follow this  
fate1122

wild tamable animals and wild life in general

How about adding wovles,bears,hawks,and such into the game?

and being able to tame the wolves,dogs,hawks into pets that fight with you, and socut out for zombies?

Edited by fate1122
  • Like 1

I like the thought of bears and wolves, but I don't like being able to tame them and getting them to fight with you.

Hopefully more work is being done on animals and their behavior and such.

Why would this ever be a thing.

Because having a dog/hawk companion would be fucking incredible.

I back this idea 100%, and Rocket himself said that there may be dog companions later on.

fuck the more I think about this the more I want it.

it would also be cool if dog companions can track down smells good for hunting animals or finding the jerk who stole from your tent. but the only problem is they can die easily so you have to take good care of them, ITS A BIG RESPONSIBILITY ESPECIALLY DURING A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. it would also be cool if they could be infected and turn into zombie dogs and you could get a medicine so the infenction wouldn't spread to their brains so you could have a zombie dog that infects bandits and doesnt ever need to be fed (im joking of course)

How would you even go about getting a wolf companion?

Especially if it's old enough to want to eat you?

I just want something i can scoop the guts out of and crawl inside on those cold nights.

• Like 1

It would be awesome to have zombie bears, and other things out in the wild that can kill you. The fear of going though the forest at night to hear a wolf howl. Knowing out there in the night something is hunting you.

I agree on more animals for sure, it gets lonely in the woods at night.

As for taming animals, let me tame multiple animals, so I can storm through Cherno with an army of rabbits and goats by my side. Who needs wolves when you have blood thirsty rabbits.

No taming wolves, wolves are freaky. Dog companions is fine. They'd need to work on the animals a bit more, the AI dogs I've tried never seem to sprint, they just slowly lope along, and wild boars go like 5 miles an hour at the most...

I want a rancor.

I want to ride a boar into battle with my lance. I shall name my steed Katsu. On a serous note I'm not sure about tamable wild animals. Dogs were at one point going to be in the mod (dunno if they're still 'in' for the standalone). Taming a wolf or hawk is pretty friggen difficult from what I hear. Falconers usually train their falcons from a young age and even then the falcons have a tendency to fly off and not come back. Dogs would be fairly easy to 'tame' because most of the ones around would probably be house pets abandoned when the infection hit. Even then you'd have to build a report with the dog for it to be loyal enough to you to say attack a bandit or zombie (I have 6 dogs, 4 of which I've had from their birth, if anyone 'attacked' or made threatening gestures to me or if I attacked someone my dogs would be all over them in seconds, and that's without any kind of training, that's just loyalty)

all i long for are more varietes regarding ambient sounds: owls, cuckoos, buzzards, crickets, toads, woodpeckers, ...