skyter

Post apacolyptic greifing simulator for D-bags

I've had my tents reset 7 times in the last 3 days, losing rare items up the ying-yang, including but not limited to: FALs, M14s, M4 CCO's, M24s, M9 SDs, MP5SDs, Kobras, m16 w/ 203s and ghillie suits.

3 days and you've found and lost all of this stuff? GG server hopping!

To be worried about people because they are cold hearted in a video game is nonsense. In GTA/Saints Row I'll mow down pedestrians with a gun or vehicle and lol about it, but would never do the same IRL.

People do it in DayZ for much the same reason. It can be done, so they do it. It ruins the potential of DayZ, but it still is in Alpha and features are yet to be added that could fix it. Personally I think the Bandit Skin was a good feature that actually made people more reluctant to simply shoot on sight. It had its' flaws and needs a Redemption system.

Every time someone makes suggestions about karma, or humanity, or changing the pvp system, Rocket comes in and pretty much tells you in the most blunt way possible, NO NOT HAPPENING. Yet people still ask, and ask, and ask. The man himself is happy with the way the system is right now as far as pvp goes. He has also said countless times that it's up to the players to make the rules as he doesn't feel the need to alter anything when it comes to bandits and player killing. You guys are talking to a wall. You don't like the amount of player killing, or people shooting on sight. Fine, we understand. I'm not going to sit here and tell you "It's realistic, society would be destroyed. People will kill each other!" because I don't believe that for a second. Anyone who says that is truly retarded because people don't understand the amount of psychological stress you'd have to go through to be able to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger. Most people feel sick when they see death, let alone being the one to cause it. Soldiers have to go through immense psychological training just so that they CAN pull the trigger on someone when the need arises. Thinking you'd be able to do it without thought is absolutely asinine and I guarantee more than 75% of the people claiming this wouldn't be able to.

What I will say though, is that I don't see this portion of the game changing at all. I'm a bandit, I roleplay being a bandit to some extent. I shoot on sight when I feel threatened in the least. I shoot on sight when I see someone in the area me and my squad are in if they are competition for high value loot spawns that we came there for. If I catch someone off guard and I'm close enough to them to warn them via direct chat, I will usually do so, but if they don't comply with me within a few seconds, they die. I can't take that chance if I don't have to. Simple as that.

Edited by KField86

When he said that it was exactly what he said. Fast forward almost 2 months to now. It's not that anymore, it's an alpha test for a game that he wants to get paid to make. That make it fair to criticize the project from the standpoint of it being a game.

My question is, why are people who choose a legitimate playstyle all douchebags, or faggots, or dicks, or any other name you can think of? To be honest, that makes you more immature than the piss poor bandits with AS50s and M107s camping Cherno. I'm a bandit, but I don't do things like that. I tend to stay up north so that when I do come across another player, it's usually someone with a bit of experience and decent gear that allows him to be a threat to me if he locates me.

But really, I'm curious. It's always "Douchebag bandit" or "bandits are faggots" and shit like that. Grow the fuck up. You get killed in a game, and all you do is cry except learning from your mistakes. Your problem is your so jaded to any other play-style but your own, and you seem to be wanting others to conform to your playstyle. So basically, if I don't go around acting friendly towards everyone I see, or because I like to use a sniper rifle(as I have in every other fps I've played since I like them), I'm immediately a douchebag. To me, that's more childish than most bandits I've seen in game for the last 2 months.

Edit: This is not referring to the OPs post. This is referring to the majority of posts I see regarding bandits. Just a generalization I guess.

Edited by KField86

When he said that it was exactly what he said. Fast forward almost 2 months to now. It's not that anymore, it's an alpha test for a game that he wants to get paid to make. That make it fair to criticize the project from the standpoint of it being a game.

read the last line there....

-This is a project for people who want to try something different, have some different experiences, feel some real emotions in a game. For anyone who doesn't, have some of this and this.

so how is this game at the moment "something different"? its just a generic shooter, where everyone kills everyone... The facts are, that changes will come or the so called "something different", will never be...

Speaking for myself, I think it's worth making a clarification as to what defines a "douchebag-PVPer" vs. a legitimate bandit.

Out of curiousity, I decided to watch some footage from streamers and the majority of what I saw was 100% douchebag behavior (i.e. patrolling back and forth from the sniping hill in cherno, to the apts./hospital, and grocery store sniping / shooting unarmed noobs with military-grade weapons and no intention of looting their kills).

I've never really had a problem with these players because I leave Cherno / Elektro as soon as I have my basics, but I could see how annoying it would be to be a noob searching for a weapon for 30 minutes only to be sniped by some dumbass with a camo'd SVD.

That's not banditry. It's CoD / Duck Hunt levels of challenge with the only intention being to cause grief and waste the defenseless people's time. It's like a black belted martial arts instructor sparring with toddlers and then patting himself on the back for caving in their heads.

If you call yourself a "bandit" then gtfo out of the big cities and actually be a "bandit," you know in the wilderness and along the roads. Calling youreslf a bandit when you never leave the bean coast is laughable.

If you play this way, then at least own up to it by calling yourselves what you are ... griefing trolls.

Edited by Dasein808
  • Like 2

alpha, muthafucka, you heard of it? of course there's gonna be bugs.

this isn't CoD or BF3 when dying is no sweat. you die, lose your stuff, and start over. that's just the way she goes. it's the nature of the game.

the idea of the game is that you literally do whatever you want. if you wanna be a bandit, go ahead. if you wanna be friendly, go ahead. if you wanna run around the woods by yourself, if you wanna befriend then betray people, anything goes. why punish people for playing the game?

btw, CRY MOAR

Do the world a favor and do not reproduce.

• Like 1

But they don't, or I wouldn't have 120 beans for saying what people are thinking.

I'm not against PvP for the 100th time, I just don't like the fact there is nothing to dissuade people like there is from letting a person go. There is a down side to letting people live, as they can turn on you and kill you instantly, and 90% of the time they will, but as it stands there is no downside to killing people. That is a fact.

With out a human aspect to the game, it's just that - Another game

Don't say "heart beat" because you need to be almost next to someone for it to become noticeable, and given the current shoot to kill mindset of everyone playing, it's a little useless wouldn't you say?

The real people who are butt hurt over anything said here ARE the PvPers

Your post makes little sense but it seems like you are looking for gameplay elements that are not there. This is a PvP game and you dont like it. That is all I can conlude from your whiny posts. This is just another game, dont quite understand what else you think it is. It is a big deathmatch game that carries weight to being killed unlike other deathmatch games, which is what makes DayZ PvP combat so thrilling. Also the team dynamic is very different as you never know how many enemies you are facing etc. Which only adds to the tension of a combat situation.

it isnt, but you keep thinking that...when i first heared about dayz, it sure as hell wasnt because of the generic pvping...

Permadeath full PvP without any safe zone is "generic pvp"? Can you give an example of another game with the same model?

Seeing as its still in early alpha I don't see what your whining about OP.

In the future I think these issues will be fixed when better grouping and chat tools are added. (actually being able to invite a player to a party, have party chat, and not being able to kill group mates with friendly fire).

My question is, why are people who choose a legitimate playstyle all douchebags, or faggots, or dicks, or any other name you can think of? To be honest, that makes you more immature than the piss poor bandits with AS50s and M107s camping Cherno. I'm a bandit, but I don't do things like that. I tend to stay up north so that when I do come across another player, it's usually someone with a bit of experience and decent gear that allows him to be a threat to me if he locates me.

But really, I'm curious. It's always "Douchebag bandit" or "bandits are faggots" and shit like that. Grow the fuck up. You get killed in a game, and all you do is cry except learning from your mistakes. Your problem is your so jaded to any other play-style but your own, and you seem to be wanting others to conform to your playstyle. So basically, if I don't go around acting friendly towards everyone I see, or because I like to use a sniper rifle(as I have in every other fps I've played since I like them), I'm immediately a douchebag. To me, that's more childish than most bandits I've seen in game for the last 2 months.

Edit: This is not referring to the OPs post. This is referring to the majority of posts I see regarding bandits. Just a generalization I guess.

An ironic observation.

Many of these discussions become examples of "pots calling the kettle black!" (I know it's a cliche, but appropriate none the less.)

Almost every poster on any side "seem(s) to be wanting others to conform to your(/their) playstyle."

There is no real difference in the expression of opinions on any side and most threads that attempt to address issues descend into farce and random name calling/trolling. Rational discussion often gets lost amongst the noise! Which makes it really difficult for anybody attempting to steer a middle way between the polar opposites of player opinion.

the problem is always in the back of your head you know this isn't a game thus death isn't an issue really among other things. In real life you don't have these benefits, thus pvp lacks that sense of "I can really fuck up here" as well as that cold feeling when you kill someone. Because even in self defense taking a life isn't an easy thing to get over.

So in reality there needs to be that balance that makes both more equal.

Now I avoid killing even when shot at I work out an escape, an my first and only kill I felt like shit after because i kept wondering was that guy like me and not a prick but a decent guy. who I just kinda fucked up.

Edited by TheCenturion

All I have to say is damn, Skyter is mad. I dont like to die either but I dont come to the forums and QQ a bitch storm. I got killed yesterday with a full kit. Silenced M4, nvg, as550, ghillie, gps. I didnt even bat and eye. This is an alpha of a mod, and you cant bitch and make long posts all you want but it wont change shit. If you're this mad Id say dont even play. Every death is a new opportunity. PvP is here to stay. Man up or leave. You died because you were. A) Not stealthy enough or B Wrong place at the wrong time C) Suck at the game or D) All of the above. Seriously. I DIED IM GONNA COME TO THE FORUMS AND QQ ABOUT PVP BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT. You're like a kid whose just dropped his icecream, whining screaming crying for it back. That shit you just lost were ITEMS. Which dont effect how fun or unfun the game is in ANY way. I have less fun when I have a full kit and more fun when I have nothing because it means I can be reckless and kill people like you. Thats my playstyle, are you upset?

Edited by Docc2k

Keep telling yourself that dude. In a real situation like this, people would band together, not murder each other for fun in the middle of no where. I reinforce players with your mind set are the problem with the game. I'm not against it, but there needs to be a draw back.

My camp consists of 10+ tents with enough loot that even a clan couldn't haul it all away. I was having more fun when the zombies were broken in 1.7.2.1 because it actually required people to work together or avoid each other.

Stop equating murdering to thieving IRL. Because A, a majority of the population doesn't fucking steal, let a lone murder and steal. And, B, It's 99% of players, stop using retard logic.

It made people really think about firing near cities, Now it's back to camping bandits killing for frills. And p.s. Hendrix, everyone knows you're a cut throat

But in the end, you can't argue with backwards logic like you're doing. IRL I shoot you with any caliber you're not walking away. IRL people don't clip through doors. IRL people don't D/C if they miss the first time or are in trouble. IRL people don't just fucking murder people for the thrill. IRL any kind of crash over 20kpm is going to damage a vehicle pretty substantially. IRL someone biting you won't break a femur. IRL people don't get better from gunshots or horrible wounds by eating. IRL people don't become dehydrated in 20 minutes. IRL people don't starve in 20 minutes. IRL people don't spurt blood like a fountain.

IRL; people play games to have fun. In this game that's synonymous with ruining other players fun and turning away future potential players.

now go away bandit.

Edited by Hendrix27

harden the fuck up, play on servers you know of having a fun cmmunity to play with, dont just click random servers and expect for people to be nice

its like in every other game, if you want to have a good game, search for people playing with you over TS3 or other programs

just dont expect for everyone to play like its hello kittie online, god

go and play warz with its safe zones if you want a boring game

I guess I just don't understand why some of you guys just don't go to a private server and enforce your own ruleset there. I mean, its pretty clear you likely won't get your way on the hive servers, so why not start your own?

Keep telling yourself that dude. In a real situation like this, people would band together, not murder each other for fun in the middle of no where. I reinforce players with your mind set are the problem with the game. I'm not against it, but there needs to be a draw back.

My camp consists of 10+ tents with enough loot that even a clan couldn't haul it all away. I was having more fun when the zombies were broken in 1.7.2.1 because it actually required people to work together or avoid each other.

Stop equating murdering to thieving IRL. Because A, a majority of the population doesn't fucking steal, let a lone murder and steal. And, B, It's 99% of players, stop using retard logic.

It made people really think about firing near cities, Now it's back to camping bandits killing for frills. And p.s. Hendrix, everyone knows you're a cut throat

But in the end, you can't argue with backwards logic like you're doing. IRL I shoot you with any caliber you're not walking away. IRL people don't clip through doors. IRL people don't D/C if they miss the first time or are in trouble. IRL people don't just fucking murder people for the thrill. IRL any kind of crash over 20kpm is going to damage a vehicle pretty substantially. IRL someone biting you won't break a femur. IRL people don't get better from gunshots or horrible wounds by eating. IRL people don't become dehydrated in 20 minutes. IRL people don't starve in 20 minutes. IRL people don't spurt blood like a fountain.

IRL; people play games to have fun. In this game that's synonymous with ruining other players fun and turning away future potential players.

now go away bandit.

Well someones butthurt because they suck at a game if youre going to bitch because its not TOTALLY PERFECTLY LIKE REAL LIFE and bacause everyone doenst sit there and give you shit then dont play its not us buy you ruining the game for other players PvP is what makes the game fun without it its just shooting weak zombies and sitting around so sir will you kindly SHUT THE FUCK UP

I've lost so much cute gear before, and everytime i get murdered i say to myself out loud "THATS IT, Next civilian I see, no questions asked im killing him/her."

5 minutes later I see a guy creeping through the barn 30 meters away from me, I find myself asking over Direct "Hey are you friendly? Because I am, dont shoot please"

Happens all the time :D

read the last line there....

so how is this game at the moment "something different"? its just a generic shooter, where everyone kills everyone... The facts are, that changes will come or the so called "something different", will never be...

I read the whole thing, he wrote that in May when this was just an experiment. It's not that anymore, it's his financial future. Please don't tell me you are going to act like that doesn't change a persons decision making process and/or outlook on things. Notice, I'm not criticizing him for changing his outlook on this, I would probably do the same thing. What I am saying is it's now fair to levy fair criticism to the game about how the player perceives the experience. I believe Rocket has a thick enough skin to not take stuff like the OP personally. (and if not, he had better find that thick skin quickly) The OP isn't totally wrong with his post however, sure, he went over the top with some of his hyperbole but the core experience isn't far off what he described. The players need more diverse tools to create game play, as it stands now his title description isn't that far off base.

• Like 2

100% Agree

Know why 100,000 people don't play Alphas? Because it puts a bad tint to the game that otherwise wouldn't be seen.

Yeah, game is meh @ best right now. Just keep logging into sniper spots and killing them bitches :)

The whole thing is a downwards spiral. For every player who gets shot randomly, you get another KoS / Twitch shooter. The only thing that can currently fix this is the players itself. I just walked past a dude 2 days ago, just said "Hi" and quickly moved on. The character was frozen as probably was the player at his screen.

Unfortunately this whole thing is a psychological issue. No one counts how often they did not get killed, everyone just remembers being killed. I do not know how this can be changed, even though I do enjoy the uncertainty factor you get when you happen upon another player.

To quote Walter Anderson:“We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy”.

bandit or player killers just want the game to be easy for them, the dont care that there are other players out there that want to play this mod and have a fun experience. I've taken up the role as a bandit in a group of about 15-20, no one really gets near us the only problem for us is hackers, invisible, walls, aimbots, map hacks to see tent and player locations...... blah blah. we are more military style in play and take it real slow, im enjoying it alot apart from hackers. i respect other players to if i see someone with nothing on them running on the coast ill leave them be, other than that you easy game. Yes there should be a way to tell players apart, i like the idea of being able to "arrest" a player and keep them locked up or what ever, but how do you put that into a game? really how can you keep a player locked up maybe a time limit?

There are too many people on the internet being assholes just because they can hide behind their screen, it happens in every gaming community. Most of them are just pathetic kids acting tough, but this is the mentality of people on the net these days.

I do believe people irl would kill others in a situation like this but not every single person would shoot on site just because they can, there are emotions and feelings involved in killing someone. You dont just kill someone and continue on living as if nothing happened, yes some people do, but most would have a sick feeling and have bad thoughts blah blah about it.

So to all the people that hate on posts like this get real grow up and actually work with others to make the game an unbelievable experience for every person playing the game not just your selfish selves. :)

72 beans and not a single suggestion what should be done about this "problem". Dont know how getting shot in fps game is griefing. Anyway, got to go kill some noobs lol

Edited by ukko