skyter

Post apacolyptic greifing simulator for D-bags

+1

This, and direct chat seems to be broken half the time, meaning those who are actually trying to ask friendly aren't getting a response because the message isn't getting through.

• Like 1

Its an alpha test you whining oxygen thief.

Edit: Thanks for the beans lol :)

Edited by Neek
  • Like 28

Dude, your doing something seriousley wrong. If I was you I would stop playing for a bit, take a holiday, read a book and generally chill out. Come back when the games in better shape it sounds like your not really enjoying it.

• Like 4

Not your thing, but that's cool.

Our zombies is in another castle.... Come back later.

• Like 1

There's another place you can post this.

And I don't mean to be rude but I only skimmed your post because it's just like many before it, but your comment: You're exactly what's wrong with the game. You're forcing an entire community to play one specific style in a sandbox game or suffer because they don't

I've just got to say that's like real life. lots of people make good money off stealing from others. The challenge of the game is to stick to your morals if you want to be a good person. I HATE killing other players in the game, even the bandits that shoot me first, but if I group up with someone I ALWAYS have the devil in the back of my head saying "if you kill him you get his stuff" it's an awesome and waunderful thing.

• Like 4

The butthurt, is strong with this one.

Also if you don't want to get shot, then you should consider shooting first. If not, then cry me a river.

Oh and another thing, a key factor in this game is realism. Thats how things would go down if this happened in real life, whether you believe or not.

Tissue?

Edited by Hendrix27
  • Like 4

It sucks when people kill you when you worked two days to gather stuff. So after my main character has been killed, I just spend the next week or so running around cherno "training" zombies onto other players until I'm ready to play seriously again.

• Like 2

To that I say: You're exactly what's wrong with the game. You're forcing an entire community to play one specific style in a sandbox game or suffer because they don't.

This made me think a bit.

From what I've experienced, Day Z is not really a sandbox at all. The current parameters of the game force you to either group with others on external voice chat and shoot all others on sight, or wander around alone and kill all others on sight. Any other playstyle is heavily penalized through constant deaths and loot loss.

But I'm still going to play, I want to see where this goes.

It sucks when people kill you when you worked two days to gather stuff. So after my main character has been killed, I just spend the next week or so running around cherno "training" zombies onto other players until I'm ready to play seriously again.

^This.

Once I die, I'm getting a flare, running through cherno making as much noise as possible, singing in direct chat and see how many zeds I can collect and train on over to some griefer :)

• Like 2

It's not "griefing" if it's an intented method of play. Griefing is usually "spoiling" the game by doing things that you should not be, grey area sure. But saying that killing people is griefing is a long stretch that's like saying killing people in an FPS deathmatch is griefing.

DayZ is deathmatch, it's PVP, with a PvE element. And on top of all that it's not yet a "game", it's an alpha, a sufacing idea, nothing more at this stage.

• Like 1

Not a chance in hell I would be dumb enough to pay for a game in the future to get griefed non-stop .

I think you are right, this alpha test and eventual game release is not for you. Good thing you chose to get out now before it made you mad, as it has made you mad.

• Like 3

LOL If you really want to pay to be "griefed" and see how easily a group of players can ruin a game entirely, might I suggest Mortal. At least in Dayz you have a chance and/or can hide like a little girl when needed. To make Dayz the worst experience I've had, you'd have to move the location to Normandy :P

• Like 1

Also if you don't want to get shot, then you should consider shooting first. If not, then cry me a river.

Oh and another thing, a key factor in this game is realism. That's how things would go down if this happened in real life, whether you believe or not.

Tissue?

Keep telling yourself that dude. In a real situation like this, people would band together, not murder each other for fun in the middle of no where. I reinforce players with your mind set are the problem with the game. I'm not against it, but there needs to be a draw back.

My camp consists of 10+ tents with enough loot that even a clan couldn't haul it all away. I was having more fun when the zombies were broken in 1.7.2.1 because it actually required people to work together or avoid each other.

Stop equating murdering to thieving IRL. Because A, a majority of the population doesn't fucking steal, let a lone murder and steal. And, B, It's 99% of players, stop using retard logic.

It made people really think about firing near cities, Now it's back to camping bandits killing for frills. And p.s. Hendrix, everyone knows you're a cut throat

But in the end, you can't argue with backwards logic like you're doing. IRL I shoot you with any caliber you're not walking away. IRL people don't clip through doors. IRL people don't D/C if they miss the first time or are in trouble. IRL people don't just fucking murder people for the thrill. IRL any kind of crash over 20kpm is going to damage a vehicle pretty substantially. IRL someone biting you won't break a femur. IRL people don't get better from gunshots or horrible wounds by eating. IRL people don't become dehydrated in 20 minutes. IRL people don't starve in 20 minutes. IRL people don't spurt blood like a fountain.

IRL; people play games to have fun. In this game that's synonymous with ruining other players fun and turning away future potential players.

now go away bandit.

• Like 31

Its a sandbox game, of course PvP and banditry will be rampant, even when they add decent group content (base building, electricity, stuff to block logins within a radius, maybe more vehicles, etc).

You had the right idea at the end of your post though. Thats the way to go about things in a sandbox game. Change the rules yourself. Get a group together, join a clan, get some friends into it. Do things your own way. It can be done, even if its hard, you just have to realize that you can't impose your own mindset and playstyle on the majority of the players out there. Roll with it or leave.

• Like 1

And for the record, my suggestion was facetious, hence why it isn't in the suggestion section

"it's not a game"

gtfo of here. Just because it's not a finished product doesn't make it not a game. So much retard logic in this thread. A modified game is still a game. Without criticism things don't move forward. This isn't my first alpha, and I'm not even complaining about bugs. I'm complaining about the nature of player intereactions and the complete fallacy of the logic surrounding it.

I made a joke about the nature of players being dicks in this game, and that causing a chain reaction eventually devolving into what we have here. Not hard to tell who the dedicated player killers are based on the responses. ;)

The fact you know anyone you see is going to try to kill you, defeats the purpose of player interactions now. It removes all the uneasy tension and moral dilemma of it. THERE IS NO WEIGHT TO PLAYER KILLING for the one doing the killing.

but no, idiots will just "GO QQ MOARZ! LOLOLOL HE MAD!11! ZOMG IT'S TEH ALFAS" rather than have any sort of discussion on risk vs. reward.

Edited by skyter
  • Like 13

Its a sandbox game, of course PvP and banditry will be rampant, even when they add decent group content (base building, electricity, stuff to block logins within a radius, maybe more vehicles, etc).

You had the right idea at the end of your post though. Thats the way to go about things in a sandbox game. Change the rules yourself. Get a group together, join a clan, get some friends into it. Do things your own way. It can be done, even if its hard, you just have to realize that you can't impose your own mindset and playstyle on the majority of the players out there. Roll with it or leave.

But the fact there is no grouping system, coupled with rampant player killing makes things really chaotic really fast. I am part of a group like I've said. That doesn't stop instances of friendly fire if we're not in a chat due to the nature of the game. I've been killed by my own friendlies because they won't take time to determine whether the person in front of them is hostile when in our own territory.

Nothing better than getting an M1911 round in the back of the head followed by 6 steam chat sounds of your buddy saying "OMG I HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS YOU! SO SORRY! I'll WATCH YOUR STUFF!"

"PvP with PvE element thrown in" : ass backwards, it's player vs. environment with PvP mixed in.

Edited by skyter
  • Like 1

And for the record, my suggestion was facetious, hence why it isn't in the suggestion section

"it's not a game"

gtfo of here. Just because it's not a finished product doesn't make it not a game. So much retard logic in this thread. A modified game is still a game. Without criticism things don't move forward. This isn't my first alpha, and I'm not even complaining about bugs. I'm complaining about the nature of player intereactions and the complete fallacy of the logic surrounding it.

I made a joke about the nature of players being dicks in this game, and that causing a chain reaction eventually devolving into what we have here. Not hard to tell who the dedicated player killers are based on the responses. ;)

The fact you know anyone you see is going to try to kill you, defeats the purpose of player interactions now. It removes all the uneasy tension and moral dilemma of it. THERE IS NO WEIGHT TO PLAYER KILLING for the one doing the killing.

but no, idiots will just "GO QQ MOARZ! LOLOLOL HE MAD!11! ZOMG IT'S TEH ALFAS" rather than have any sort of discussion on risk vs. reward.

Re: It's a game:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6487-wtf-is-happening-to-the-server-community/page__st__200#entry67815

• Like 2

Fucking idiots always respond to posts of this type with the same lame shit. What i gleen from these posts is that the OP and others like...don't want to dictate how anyone else plays the game and also dont want to eliminate pvp...what WE"RE asking is a way to tell friend from foe. If I had a way of telling scumbag faggot bandits from friendlies id be happily try to blow you away. Thats still pvp morons. Instead we got a bunch of late to the game deathmatch faggots who DO dictate how everyone else plays the game. Rocket is fucking himself in the ass by not doing something about this. All this would do would be to form two major factions in the game.

People who want to try and rebuild society and selfish sneaks who are only out for themselves. I for one am not telling anyone how to play the game. Im saying give me a way to identify bandits/murdurer. If Rocket doesnt want to do that then give players the ability to subdue and permenantly mark them or at least see the number of murders they have. You dont think in a "real" apocolyp there would be people trying to re-organize society. Really the only person my frustration should be AIMED AT IS ROCKET. for fucking up something that could have been great. Your experiment is over Rocket, the results are in...the world is full of selfish assholes.

Edited by playZ
  • Like 1

Fucking idiots always respond to posts of this type with the same lame shit. What i gleen from these posts is that the OP and others like...don't want to dictate how anyone else plays the game and also dont want to eliminate pvp...what WE"RE asking is a way to tell friend from foe. If I had a way of telling scumbag faggot bandits from friendlies id be happily try to blow you away. Thats still pvp morons. Instead we got a bunch of late to the game deathmatch faggots who DO dictate how everyone else plays the game. Rocket is fucking himself in the ass by not doing something about this. All this would do would be to form two major factions in the game.

People who want to try and rebuild society and selfish sneaks who are only out for themselves. I for one am not telling anyone how to play the game. Im saying give me a way to identify bandits/murdurer. If Rocket doesnt want to do that then give players the ability to subdue and permenantly mark them or at least see the number of murders they have. Really the only person my frustration should be AIMED AT IS ROCKET. for fucking up something that could have been great.

Couple things:

1) Are you able to identify murderers in real life when you walk up to them? No.

2) All your posts are you just bitching. Get over it.

3) "You're probably an asshole." (Fix grammar in your sig)

Edited by RoRogely

Oh and another thing, a key factor in this game is realism. Thats how things would go down if this happened in real life, whether you believe or not.

Tissue?

The only thing realistic in this game is that you die quickly from a gun shot in most cases. You wouldn't kill people in a Zombie apocalypse I'm sorry.

Edited by I am a Failure (Destry)

Couple things:

1) Are you able to identify murderers in real life when you walk up to them? No.

2) All your posts are you just bitching. Get over it.

3) "You're probably an asshole." (Fix grammar in your sig)

Am I able to identify murderers in real life? NO...thats why theres no one in prison for murder asshole.

Its not bitching its criticizing. The grammar mistakes are typos. But calling out grammar mistakes is always a convenient way for people with no real argument to sound valid. So you thank me.

Am I able to identify murderers in real life? NO...thats why theres no one in prison for murder asshole.

Its not bitching its criticizing. The grammar mistakes are typos. But calling out grammar mistakes is always a convenient way for people with no real argument to sound valid. So you thank me.

I said when you walk up to them. Not after hours of forensic evaluation and being convicted by a jury of your peers.