Xrinaphobia

Green mountain...

To all the loud mouth braggarts out there, I bet you went there in broad daylight, didn't you? Try it after dark, and turn off your night vision from time to time. You won't be able to pick up anything on nvg.

I'm telling you, there's ... something... up there, and it's not the zombies i'm talking about! Even back in CTI days, noone would dare to build a base at that cursed mountain.

I went there at night, my first time playing with friends to check out the deer stands...

I actually went in the tower. I thought it would be a good place to rest for a bit... I will never make that mistake again, there is only curses and death there.

Green mountain the new DayZ meme

Holy shit I went there for the 3rd time ever just before, I heard a noise I haven't heard in game before. I did have NVGs and it was night time but man it scared the shit out of me, I ran like crazy!

I went to Green Mountain once when I was still fairly new to the game. It was about 8-9pm and the sun was lowering over the horizon. I approached the inner complex cautiously not knowing what to expect. As I made my way inside, I saw dead bodies littering the area. The stench was awful, but what was even worse was the unsettling feeling that I was possibly being watched. I was carious to the fact there were no zombies. Was somebody already here? I heard what seemed to be clanking metal, or some sort of scraping sounds. It wasn't the music, that shit was turned OFF.

I yelled over direct chat if anybody was here. No responses. At this point, it was really dark since I haven't adjusted the gamma or brightness at all, and I had no NVGs. Then I heard some brushing against leaves and went prone in a corner, waiting for whatever it was to show up so I could pop it with my m1014. After about 10 minutes of silence, and almost complete darkness, I decided it was time to crack a flare and I tossed it in the middle area. There didn't seem to be anybody besides me and my trusty shotgun. My food and water were both blinking so I replenished myself.. but while I was in the middle of the animations, that's when it happened.. I heard weird static like that of a radio crackling. It sounded far away but then it got closer and closer. I wanted to log out but I was stricken with fear. Then the static stopped and turned into the most eerie sounding native american chanting, or what sounded like it. Some kind of odd chanting. Then the flare died and I whipped another one, I picked it up and high tailed it out of there as fast as I could.

I look back at it and wonder if someone was toying with me using direct chat, however, I don't remember seeing a name pop up. I've never went back since.

• Like 2

Some say it's haunted, some believe that zombies rise from the very dirt beneath your feet as you tread its grounds and others assume it's homed by bandits who reached their peak of insanity, pinning the faiths of sole survivors who dare to near the encampent of the tower itself, taking their lives in ways where one shudders to imagine what these methods were, as people who live to tell the tale say that the forests are littered with body parts.

But I tell ya, it's a cursed place where your greatest fears come alive as they watch your every move fromout the shadows as you draw closer to the tower.

This one day I logged out as I took shelter in a deer stand outside of the forest's edge that surrounds this hellish place (greatest mistake ever.) As I decided to log back in the next day to resume my epic quest of pain, regret and sometimes satisfaction. It was in a server where only 4 other players were currently ingame. I got shot in the back fromout the forest when I decided to leave the tower.

So either I've been the Bad Luck Brian for a day as I got shot by a random player (who is now enjoying my Ghillie suit and M107.) or something else was pulling the cords of destiny. you tell me.

What I do know is that I won't be going there any day soon.

Edited by Pbremmus

greenmountain.png

*le me looking through posts*

LOL Gr33n m0unta1n is hauntd.

*le me scrolls down*

FOASJIFJIASF

*le me shits brix

• Like 2

Ah Green Mountain. I used to be afraid before I spent the night there. We love you all up here, you know that? Just come and visit once in a while, we'd be glad to see you. We love... We luv... Luv... I love. We luv u vry mch.

I went to the top of the tower and looked down onto the 2 buildings.

well, you know the little 1 story building? i watched as 12 zeds started walking out of that building, THRU the door that doesnt open, kinda like they were glitching, then i happen to look straight down, you know the 2 ruined military vehicles there? they were in factory condition WITH the rear canopy intact, also they were parked beside each other and the mass grave was gone, i thought it was something new in the patch so i ran down as fast as i could.

When i got to the bottom, there were no zeds, the vehicles were in their normal blowd' up state, and the graves were back.

Thats when i realized it was silent, no birds.., no wind.

Sometimes i wish i had died that day.

D4saken1 you must tell us how to post images without them being displayed as links! :D

Otherwise, yeah. Green Mountain is not a place to be meddled with. I saw that some dude told us it was a hoax a few pages back, he hasn't logged on since. There is no escape.

Ho, ho, ho, Greeeeen Mountain!

(Evertime someone says Green mountain in my group, i want to sing the' Welcome to the land of the jolly Green Giant' song)

Watch out for Sprout and GG, they dont F around.

Edited by Ving

I believe it works with image hosting sites like Photobucket and that stuff because only my photobucket uploads of the meme stuff I made shows up.

Also I went to Green Mountain for real finally.

Broad Daylight Sneak around. As I get to the gate about 6 zombies spilled out in all directions. I crawled in as more inside made their way to the gate. I climbed the tower then came down. No zombies. No sound. Nothing. I ran outside the gate and looked around. Nothing. Looked into the forest. Nothing.

Lost Souls? I never DC'd nor were any shots fired. No one was around. Ghostly spirits?

I went to Green Mountain for the first time yesterday, and there, I found a survivor.... if you could call him that. He was standing, frozen in place, clearly still breathing.. but, the flies, and the horrible look on his face, he was bleeding from about seven or eight holes in his body... Needless to say, I left in a hurry. I can not and will not ever go back to Green Mountain.. (true story btw).

I visited green mountain with my squad yesterday. It was rather uneventful, we just found some basic supplies, but nothing else.

Has anyone else seen it watching you from the tower? It happened way before people talked about that place and I assumed it was a bug or something. I'm never, ever going back there unless I'm in a group. :(

I once happened upon Green Mountain while I was chasing a rabbit, hoping for a meal. When I noticed the tower I thought there may be an ATV to steal. But when I got closer, the buzzing got louder, and louder ever more. Then I got jumped by some zombies and soon found myself back at the shore.

That is why I do not got to Green Mountain anymore.

My first thought was, he lied in every word,

hat hoary cripple, with malicious eye

Askance to watch the working of his lie

On mine, and mouth scarce able to afford

Suppression of the glee that pursed and scored

Its edge, at one more victim gained thereby.

What else should he be set for, with his staff?

What, save to waylay with his lies, ensnare

All travellers who might find him posted there,

And ask the road? I guessed what skull-like laugh

Would break, what crutch 'gin write my epitaph

For pastime in the dusty thoroughfare,

Edited by Strategos
  • Like 3

Where is this green mountain located?