RSF TheCapulet

[GUIDE] City Sized Maps - WIP

we still have to update the site so just hold dem pones for a little longer we moved host so hope to be up this week ill talk to cap and get a ETA for the new site and post back to you guys

Thanks for your hard work. The maps are awesome :)

Also thank you the big citys take a lot of work to find all the POI so we put in a lot of time to give you this gift ^_^

I would love to have an update on this map.. it's awesome.

Just waiting on Cap to get the hosting site up

If you guys what to see the maps with other people shear the thread with others maybe somebody will want to work with us

This looks really impressive, you must implement a GPS system :p

The first one, it looks like more 'zombieish' and the buildings look way better.

In the second one the colors are too bright and looks almost cheerful to me.

awesome job man, i added the links to my blog for my visitors to check out as well. - www.dayzgamers.blogspot.ca - when you're finished with more, can you maybe send me a personal message on the forums with the links and ill post them onto my site as well!

After looking at this thread I was wondering about how you could create a Google Street View of Chernarus. I Googled that and found some one had sort of done it already!

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=116056823501615590603.0004556195bbb265b2ed3

Anyway.

How difficult would it be to try and capture a street view of Chernarus or an area of it? Using a set camera height and the in game GPS to align pictures as with the real thing.

After looking at this thread I was wondering about how you could create a Google Street View of Chernarus. I Googled that and found some one had sort of done it already!

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=116056823501615590603.0004556195bbb265b2ed3

Anyway.

How difficult would it be to try and capture a street view of Chernarus or an area of it? Using a set camera height and the in game GPS to align pictures as with the real thing.

As far as the map, maybe I'm missing it, but I didn't see Chernarus. Just a blue square.

And for streetview, I originally thought it was going to be more trouble than it was worth. But I think I may have found a way to make it a bit easier so that I can at least test it out with one of the larger cities.

Anyway.

yea all i see is blue box so thats a little dumb but as for how hard it would be its not hard at all to do but its just going to take me and cap a really long time witch i think i speak for both of us in saying we would not mind taking the time to make this the best map for arma with that said i hope we dont get a new map XD

There's a spawn point in Elektro in the middle of the shoreline to the west of the docks and southeast of that little housing section.

These are awesome!

Yep. Spawn point have been added since I updated these last. I've got a ton more maps coming in, but finding time to polish them all up and upload them in between work schedules and spending time with family is a little difficult.

I wanted to have them finished this week, but this weekend is looking more like my target date.

Cherno Elektro, Berz, Airfields, and the sobor areas are all pretty much done. Moving forward to the smaller towns won't take nearly so much time, thankfully.

about that google map view question...making maps with actual earth imagery is what i do with the US army. If i can somehow extract the building file (the part that puts all the grey squares on the map) i can make something pretty spiffy.i might be able to create each one by hand, but that would take forever. i would be able to produce some awesome maps. I do "tactical analysis" and produce graphical visual aids , so you can get an idea of what i can do.

interestingly. i probably have unclassified terrain and other types of data back at the office i can look through for the area.