RSF TheCapulet

[GUIDE] City Sized Maps - WIP

the aerial one of berezino' date=' is actually incredibly helpful, from a scouting pov. can we get the others like that or?

[/quote']

Sure. Berezino is actually like that because it's such a massive area, I can't get it all in top down view without multiple views (Which I may do anyways). But I hadn't thought of how the view could be useful outside of normal application. I'll deff try to get a few more shots like that of the most important coastal cities and perhaps some of the in-land as well. Which cities/areas are most important?

And thanks everyone for the compliments! Elektro should be useable atm btw. And as I or other people finish maps, be sure to always pick out errors or missing POIs and post them here. .

I think the major cities.

Cherno, elektro, berezino, solnich, and perhaps the military bases? stary sobor, the airstrip etc? would help people going in blind vs dmr snipers

Heh, funny you say that. I already have one of the bases. The base maps actually could be a little bit different, more tactically focused. I just wish I could get a test server to get better shots on, since vanilla Chernarus isn't nearly the same as Chernarus during the zombie apocalypse. I'll see what I can do with one of those next.

Needs military areas marked (Tents and the like for Stary Sobor and the football pitch in Berezino)

Needs military areas marked (Tents and the like for Stary Sobor and the football pitch in Berezino)

Yep. I didn't know either town had military areas. I assume they're like the one south of bolata? I'll be sure to make a "military base" icon for those areas' date=' since they are quite a bit different from the other military areas I have marked.

Use imgur.com No bandwidth restrictions, your pictures have died because of photobucket.

I'll upload them to my own server, better yet. The high rez links should still work. [edit] fixed. Congrats guys, you used 10GB in less than 2 days. :P

How did you make those pictures?

Editor. "camera.sqf"

these are some really great maps, but dont u think this is a little bit overkill? i mean finding all those little good spots and information on your own is pretty fun, but like someone said, if it was a ingame super rare super map, that would be a good idea.

Sorry, for a noobish question, how can I get inside the hospital in Chernogosk? Through the roof?

these are some really great maps' date=' but dont u think this is a little bit overkill? i mean finding all those little good spots and information on your own is pretty fun, but like someone said, if it was a ingame super rare super map, that would be a good idea.

[/quote']

If the devs could impliment more features into the GPS, i'd totally make the sattalite view for them. But in the mean time, like I posted to the guy you mentioned; I agree, but that doesn't mean that our play style is the only one. This is a beginners help forum. So if a player is here in the first place, I think they expect to see a few spoilers.

Sorry' date=' for a noobish question, how can I get inside the hospital in Chernogosk? Through the roof?

[/quote']

On the roof there are a few boxes you can get supplies from. There's also a small box at the bottom of the ladder in the back. But to get inside, you'll have to shoot the windows out of the front. Be sure to do it in cover, with a quiet gun, and prepared for a small horde.

Subscribed for updates.

Also, I was unable to enter the house highlighted here:

9b814956.png

Can you please confirm?

Hey sarge, I'll take a look at it today. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe it's time I go through and check each individual house I marked so far just to make sure. I'm pretty confident I've missed a few interiors on that map anyways. I'd like to get it and Chernarus finished today.

Very impressive, would love to see something like this in the game like a separate map from the one that seems so easy to find now, maybe as a tourist guide type map with individual ones for each city or a collection, either would be fine. Great work!

This is a great idea. The only problem being that the icons seems to clutter the map

Working on a few more cities. But also, looking at putting these into an android app as well. So that's eating some time.