fearz0r

Last night I killed a man.

My first kill I felt bad, but then I realized how good it felt to get gear without much effort, and them raging when side chat was on was also a nice bonus, so now I camp roads with my DMR, etc, etc.

Mama, I Just Killed A Man... Put my gun against his head. Pulled the trigger now he's dead.

Loved the story dude. Totally makes me think about other people and how they're playing. You were having this intense moment while buddy was probably just having a routine search moment. Little did he know there was a guy like 10 feet away the entire time stressing out over the situation.

Burro, your story totally inspired me to type up my adventure from last night in a post titled "Day 7...Guilt"

I really love it that there are others who feel bad shooting complete strangers, yet at the same time, know they may very well have been killed had they not.

I'm also just starting to catch up on "The Walking Dead" series, so I'm really getting into this mod. :)

wow... thats amazing.. everyone remembers their first murder of a possible innocent....

i also felt a bit sick the first time. might have just been the adrenaline rush i was having... but now i just feel bad if it happens, or i try and justify it.

Edited by Gruelius

Cool story. But if you're a pacifist you should have no business in Stary Sobor. Stay away if you value someone else's (or your own) life!

My first kill I felt bad, but then I realized how good it felt to get gear without much effort, and them raging when side chat was on was also a nice bonus, so now I camp roads with my DMR, etc, etc.

:o oh dear.. I will steer clear of you then matey :bandit:

Mama, I Just Killed A Man... Put my gun against his head. Pulled the trigger now he's dead.

:lol: he gets it!

Loved the story dude. Totally makes me think about other people and how they're playing. You were having this intense moment while buddy was probably just having a routine search moment. Little did he know there was a guy like 10 feet away the entire time stressing out over the situation.

Exactly. Most people never consider that, in any game let alone this one. In this game, it means even more to someone when they die. Some people just don't consider that when they kill. I do think this boils down to how you play the game though. You can just rock up to Day Z, grab any weapon, head to Cherno or Electro and start having shoot out. But if you turn up with the goal of staying alive while seeing the game world, you'll quickly see how serious it is to live through things, kill others, the cost of shooting and looting.. its just more complex and engrossing than most people realise. So many are missing out... :(

Burro, your story totally inspired me to type up my adventure from last night in a post titled "Day 7...Guilt"

I really love it that there are others who feel bad shooting complete strangers, yet at the same time, know they may very well have been killed had they not.

I'm also just starting to catch up on "The Walking Dead" series, so I'm really getting into this mod. :)

That's fantastic! I'm looking forward to reading it after work! ^_^

• Like 1

Cool story. But if you're a pacifist you should have no business in Stary Sobor. Stay away if you value someone else's (or your own) life!

Well seeing as our goal is to explore, and that we stay clear of most large towns or places of interest, we felt this town was small enough to venture in. Neither of us really know where people tend to hang out (except from the main towns or airfields) so we weren't to know..

But that said, thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

Loved the story, really well written aswell! I trust that english is your native language, mine's not so bear with me. While I'm at it I might aswell add to the stories already written here.

Me personally am yet to commit my very first murder. And this is 3 weeks after starting to play the game. Although I have been part of a group that has murdered a person when there really were other options available - but no way to chat. And karma did bite us, oh yes it did:

Me and 3 of my closest friends in real life had been playing for about a week, all of us had had alot of bad experiences with the game up til that point. Getting axe-murdered trying to say hello to a friendly face while picking up a can of pasta, our heads blown off while unarmed for a simple bandage, etc etc. Although this time we had been in luck for quite some time. My character had been alive for 4 days and the others about 2-3 aswell. After several days on our own out in the wilderness we met up in the deep forests between Mogilevka & Staroye to join forces. We we're carrying some decent equipment along with a proper amount of medical supplies, matches & huntingknives, watercanteens, maps & compasses and a long sought-for tent. Pretty much everything we needed to just stay in the woods and survive. But greed got to us. We set up camp deep into the forest and headed for Zub castle, quickly cleansed the area from zombies and went into the tower. At the entrance someone had put up barbed wire and we we're all suggesting someone actually had made this tower his/her home and that we should be really quick about it. When we headed back down the stairs having been to the very top we all of a sudden stand face to face with a shades-wearing guy in a baseballcap just at the stairs in the hallway. My friend that was walking in front of the group at first didn't even notice that there was someone in front of us and I yelled to him on Skype that we we're all behind him and then he realized...

The bardbed wire ofcourse made our new "friends" retreat very difficult as he surely was counting on us shooting him in the back if he ever tried to jump across it. So we forced him down the stairs at gunpoint. We then surrounded him in the hallway, he was sitting in the corner and we could clearly see that he had a sniper rifle on his back. This was something we hadnt come across at this point and was eager to obtain one so one of us could act as a spotter for the group. One of my friends who speaks fluent dutch, german, swedish & english & a bit of french tried to contact the guy we had at gunpoint by any means necessary. In this case through voicechat and text via direct communication ingame. I asked the others if it wasn't enough if we robbed him, but he had his pistol out and if one of us got close he might've pulled the trigger for the hell of it so we didn't dare to get really close to open his bags. After 5 minutes of heartpounding staring at this guy (who also by all means was scared shitless facing 2 shotguns and a AK with no escape route), without any signs of him trying to speak with us - we decided to execute him. In 1........ 2......... 3. As I helped fill hus body with holes from 2 well placed slugs into his face i felt like a criminal. It really took the others to convince me that this was probably for the best. We we're all startled and stressed out by the fact that we had all fallen to the level of animals in the face of danger, and most of all - the group pressure.

We then proceeded to loot his body, leaving food & drinks along with our AK that had ran out of ammo and exchanged it for his sniper rifle. He obviously had been playing for quite some time, he had several blood packs and morphine aswell as alot of ammo for his rifle and 1911. I wondered how it felt like for him, probably just logging on without his group for a few minutes to loot a place in the middle of nowhere - and end up with such bad luck. I for one, would have been furious, probably almost crying with anger or in despair. I really don't know.

However, after the storm in our heads had cleared and all the looting was done, we went back to the tent in the woods. Only to find it flattened out by some glitch. All our treasure, gone. We then decided to head back to the castle and try to set up camp there and "steal" what we thought was the ultimate safehouse. When we headed out of the forest just to the north-west of the tower and across the fields our sniper spotted someone on the very top of Zub castle. He shot, we then recieved a "cease fire"-message but we decided to go up there and settle in and take the fight to the owners. The owners that the guy we executed earlier probably belonged to. We never found out if he did, but as we entered the castle - we found ourselves in a empty place. We then realized we had been fooled. We heard several people moving outside. Since there is only one way out, we didn't dare to get close to the door. We held positions in the stairway just above the entrance and we were sitting in complete silence and watched their shadows moving, reflected on the stone floor by the setting sun. We retreated a little bit further back as we spotted a riflebarrel peaking in just by the entrance. This was our biggest mistake. It made whoever entered quite unchallenged and all of a sudden our frontman gets a snipershot to his face through the entrance. Then they came rushing in, in the cover of fire and smoke. We managed to gun down one of them, a female who apparently acted as cannon-fodder wearing almost nothing but a shotgun that we could spot - but at the same time we also by mistake killed a friend in the group, shooting him in the back as he tried to pass us in the stairs retreating in panic. The chaos spread across what was left of us. We were left 2 against what we thought were about 5-6 people. They started shooting from every direction outside. We were sitting at the very top floor, the roof. And then my only friend left takes a shot to the body through the floor (ceiling in their case), a floor made of stone. I didn't know you could be all "haxxors" like in counter-strike in this game but apparently you could. I bandaged him, gave him painkillers, epiphrene and food. He became consious but again he took a shot through the floor - this time to the head. Me - now totally innocent (in my head), at this point closing in on 5 days of survival and looting was feeling a little bit sick. The attackers had stopped shooting and up til this point that had not seen me. I truly felt like i did not deserve this fate but I was questioning myself. Doubting. Maybe I did, maybe I did not. And as the final thought ran through my head, that my only quick way to save the day was to throw all my equipment out from the top of the tower into the woods (which I cannot do due to game mechanics) - and then die fighting and hope for the equipment to still be there - my terrified brain and fingers decided to simply log off.

I am still ashamed.

This was the first time i ever did it and I did not really know why. I despise the fact that I did. My brain probably just melted. Every single time before this happened I had been fighting til death even though I didnt have any comparable weapons to fend myself against my attackers - and I had never killed anyone at all, I always died almost instantly and started all over many, many, many times.

For many days now I have asked myself if I should've died like a man, or at least a fighting fool - against overwhelming forces. In the end I couldn't decide. But the conclusion I made was that I probably should have died together with the others because up til that point I had been playing the game just like I would "play the game" if the apocalypse truly did hit us. I had not shot anyone, and I had not robbed anything. (even off the dead body of the executed guy in the tower). And if this had been a real situation, I would most likely suffer the same fate as the others. However this was also a move I made for the group. I had all items necessary to defend the camp aswell as them when they came back from their 1½ hour run. Again, i fell for group-pressure but at the same i had only myself to blame in the end. My character is still alive, although it does not feel like it truly is. It kind of destroyed the game for me and a inevitable ingame suicide now acts as the only fair solution. At this point it would not matter though, as the group has recovered from the losses we had mostly without my help and they would have helped me if I was in need.

Please, some moralist, help me with this issue. And btw, thanks for reading if you managed to stay awake for so long...

Edited by m4rre

This story was amazing, well writed and easy comprensible (main language isin't english :P )

I though your story was very touching and very nice. Make more Please.

A bit sad that the guy was only pointing a flashlight at you though , poor him xD

• Like 1

Great write up bud!

Reminds me of killing my first person(s) at stary at night one night, as I took the first one out I felt so bad. But then I saw a truck comign to pick up the 2nd person from the tents and bam I got him to, as his friends in the truck drive off as two of theere friends had got shot.

I had messed up there whole plan but man I felt kind of bad haha. Even if one was a bandit and one a survivor, I still felt a bit bad. I really only did it because a bunch people had taken out friends near the Stary tents a few hours previous, so I wanted some revenge.

Its crazy how a game can get you so on edge! A gun shot and a light has never scared me so much in a game!

Edited by kozzy

Loved the story, really well written aswell! I trust that english is your native language, mine's not so bear with me. While I'm at it I might aswell add to the stories already written here.

Me personally am yet to commit my very first murder...

Please, some moralist, help me with this issue. And btw, thanks for reading if you managed to stay awake for so long...

Wow. That was some story. Powerful stuff. I can't say I completely agree with your actions though, I know I shot someone who didn't know I was there, but the situation wasn't as favoured for me as it seemed to be for you and your group. I wouldn't have killed him personally. You guys killed him because you wanted the weapon he had, he didn't really pose a threat to you like you did to him (2 shotguns and an AK). It was a crime of passion, you all shot him. If it were out of fear, a simple head shot would have sufficed.

I'm not judging you at all though, I'm only pointing out my observations from your story. I do believe all people will react differently in the same situation. Karma did come back to bite you though, well your team at least. You should have followed your team though in my opinion. It will stick with you now, at least for a while. If it were real, I'd imagine your actions would have been similar to hiding under a fallen comrade's corpse.

That said, it was a good story. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

This story was amazing, well writed and easy comprensible (main language isin't english :P )

I though your story was very touching and very nice. Make more Please.

A bit sad that the guy was only pointing a flashlight at you though , poor him xD

Hey thanks mate, I appreciate the kind words! I do in fact have a new story to write up, so watch this space <right here..> :D

Great write up bud!

Reminds me of killing my first person(s) at stary at night one night, as I took the first one out I felt so bad. But then I saw a truck comign to pick up the 2nd person from the tents and bam I got him to, as his friends in the truck drive off as two of theere friends had got shot.

I had messed up there whole plan but man I felt kind of bad haha. Even if one was a bandit and one a survivor, I still felt a bit bad. I really only did it because a bunch people had taken out friends near the Stary tents a few hours previous, so I wanted some revenge.

Its crazy how a game can get you so on edge! A gun shot and a light has never scared me so much in a game!

Man, I can see why you did it.. but I don't know, not sure I could really. If Sean and I were shot at, and he went down, then maybe I'd return fire.. otherwise we'd simply throw and smoke and peg it. We're not cowards, we just roll a different way to most ^_^

A good story.

And don't worry... The first murder is always the hardest, and the one you'll always remember.

But it gets easier and easier after every kill. A few more kills, and soon, you'll be running the streets of cherno and elektro like a ravaging madman, putting bullets in the heads of the innocent - like the rest of us who where tainted by the harsh world of DayZ, caved in and forgot our humanity.

I really, really, REALLY hope that all the talk about games and movies and such affecting impressionable young minds is just utter bullshit... Because really... If this game has any effect on anyone's mind in real life... Oh hell... Nothing good could come out of that.

If there is one game in the world that should be for ages 18+ only, it is this one. In no other game has shooting another person had such an emotional impact as in this.

A good story.

And don't worry... The first murder is always the hardest, and the one you'll always remember.

But it gets easier and easier after every kill. A few more kills, and soon, you'll be running the streets of cherno and elektro like a ravaging madman, putting bullets in the heads of the innocent - like the rest of us who where tainted by the harsh world of DayZ, caved in and forgot our humanity.

I really, really, REALLY hope that all the talk about games and movies and such affecting impressionable young minds is just utter bullshit... Because really... If this game has any effect on anyone's mind in real life... Oh hell... Nothing good could come out of that.

If there is one game in the world that should be for ages 18+ only, it is this one. In no other game has shooting another person had such an emotional impact as in this.

haha, yeah.. if this was a stand alone game with a marketing budget, could you imagine the hysteria the media would be in when they realised the type of game/mod/experiment this is?!

Very, very well written. We need more players like you (us) that play the game this way. (or have that mind set)

Thanks CanNerZ, much appreciated.

nice one and hope it doesnt come to this with me and my bro which we are just trying to survive and in hoping could meet other survivor(s) without killing ea other but at the moment we are trying not to meet anyone and just survive.

we've been killed 2x already :(

one was in a small military base looking for a better weapon and other stuff to survive only to be killed by a sniper waiting...

the other shot from outside a house and was just looking for drinks/food....

glad to read your story and hope there are many more like u and see you in game sometime.

• Like 1

Hey, thanks mate. Its hard trying not to kill when others simply open fire on you. But tbh, i feel this is actually very close to how things might turn out in an apocalypse type scenario.. still, good to see you're not like that!

• Like 1

i agree and my brother and i try to stay away from high profile towns unless necessary (ie grocery / medicines)

now we got a fairly good semi autos and pistols we fear that we going be a target now for those bandits and paranoid survivors thinking we're bandits

just fnished right now and had fun with riding a quad bike till it tipped trying to use some rubbish as a ramp....lol

saw one survivor in a small military camp while driving and being chased by zombies which i told my bro that we should help....then he noticed that the guy got a really powerful weapon making ours seem like water pistols and could be not alone and just lining zombies for the kill.

yet it will be in your mind that there is the other possibility that he could be wrong and we left that survivor to be devoured...hoping that he did pull thru and survived another day

Nice story man. You play the game like I do, 148 zombie kills no murders on day 5 for me.

I was faced with a similar situation on one of my first lives except his torch was a gun and I took the bullet.

• Like 1

Man, this is why I haven't killed anyone in this game yet, and won't if I can help it. I've had to talk my team mates out of killing people before on a couple of occasions. Tonight being one of them...

I've no idea what the guy in this video was at, but he appeared to be running towards our gunfire and trying to figure out which way we had gone. We could have easily killed him and my friend got up from prone at one point to shoot him, but we managed to talk him out of it and let the guy live.

Maybe he just needed help...A blood transfusion, some food, water...All stuff I could have given, but he didn't respond to the voice chat and he was very erratic and I wasn't willing to reveal myself and take that risk.

I've stayed alive this long and become this well equipped because I have kept myself and my team mates safe by only taking calculated risks....Mostly.

Personally I prefer to remain unseen and avoid confrontation. I've had plenty of people in my sights that never knew. I always try to empathise with them and that keeps my judgement right.

If I had some way of knowing they were murderers or were just deathmatching, I would have no problem putting them down, but if I felt there was a chance that I was killing someone that meant me no harm, I'd feel like sh*t.

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 3

Burro I wish I could roll with you or find someone like you to survive with. Cool read - its exactly what makes this game so great to me. Good luck out there. If you ever want to meet up send me a pm!

• Like 3

If you think it's intense when you can see the player, wait till a bullet flies past your head from seemingly nowhere, or you hear the distinctive blat of an M107. Dive for cover and hope like hell you're looking in the right direction. If you're with a group there's those ten seconds where everybody's shouting but nobody knows what in god's name is going on. Then... silence.

My first murder was a 400m shot with the Lee Enfield. I was still new and unaware of the 'Dinner Bell' effect. The other player had an Enfield and was climbing up the outside of one of the firehouse towers in Elektro. I hesitated for only a moment because there was no doubt in my mind what this player was up to.

I'm probably something of a cranky bastard, I hestitate under most circumstances but if they have already fired on me, my immediate reaction is "I'm gonna kill this fucker!"

• Like 2

Mumaaaaaaaaa

Just killed a mannn

Put a gun aginst his head.

Pulled the trigger now his dead.

Mumaaaaaaaaaa

Life had just begun ...

^^

• Like 1