fearz0r

Last night I killed a man.

Cool story. Well written.

Thanks buddy.. it was an experience I felt I had to express here.

A truly touching story. I love it how you take this game so seriously, we need more players like you.

• Like 12

A truly touching story. I love it how you take this game so seriously, we need more players like you.

Thanks Hugues. I find it hard not to get immersed in this mod. Its so vast, you can get lost in all the things there are to do in-game. It's so beautiful and yet its so deadly. Death can take you at any moment, and because of this, I try to play how I would likely live through it. I don't want to die, but I also don't want to kill. I just try to survive. But sometimes, like my story shows, you can't avoid certain situations.

It's also how it plays on your emotions. I've never felt as attached to a life as I do in this mod. I get sucked in each and every time I log on. I've travelled a couple of hundred kilometres in game, on foot, and have only ever found myself in two player confrontations, and yet I am completely fulfilled in what I get from this mod.

My wife and I both play and try not to kill anyone unless shot at first. It would be great if more people played to survive and not just kill. Very good story

Edited by Will68
  • Like 6

Watch your back Burro, i'm coming for you :P

I see, well good luck.. I'm a survivor, and there's almost 100km2 of woodlands.. ;)

Edited by Burro
  • Like 1

Its great to see other player who take murder seriously.

Its a game changing mechanic, killing somebody in this mod means whatever they were doing, whatever they've gathered up over however long they've survived for, is simply gone.

Currently there are ways of getting around that, but as the build progresses and Rocket and Co make it more solid and unforgiving, I really believe that killing will have a real impact on all players.

I'm hoping that I can escape similar situations in future to prevent this outcome.

I would group up with you Burro, its hard finding players who care about other people, I was in a standoff last night and I didnt shoot, I defused the situation basicly..

Empathy. It can be a harsh mistress in this game. It get's me killed regularly, but I'm okay with that. It's good to see that there are still players that haven't fully detached themselves emotionally.

I would group up with you Burro, its hard finding players who care about other people, I was in a standoff last night and I didnt shoot, I defused the situation basicly..

I'd certainly consider it. Although I've heard of stories where people meet up, roll with each other for a day or two until the group is well geared, and then the stranger has gunned everyone down for the loot, so you'll understand my apprehension in regards to the request :)

I had a awesome time reading that it made me want to play.

• Like 2

Great to see there are players like you. Wish I, along with most other players, could be more like you.. This game would be a lot more fun that way.

Edited by Mindtraveling
  • Like 1

I had a awesome time reading that it made me want to play.

Great to see there are players like you. Wish I, along with most other players, could be more like you.. This game would be a lot more fun that way.

Wow, thanks guys. I really appreciate the comments.

Edited by Burro
  • Like 1

And now you have the taste of blood.

Not quite, I've actually reinforced my humanity. :thumbsup:

Very nice story, i've taken to immersion in the opposite fashion.

I need to survive: that other person who is not on my teamspeak is breathing my air, drinking my water, eating my beans and carrying my gear.

How dare they keep me seperated from my beans!

I've shot squirrels for looking at my beans!

... This person is looking mighty squirrelly...

• Like 1