Inception.

Punishing bandits? Shut up, seriously.

I keep seeing people talk about "people forget there are zombies."

Once you get your bizon and saw, who gives a crap about zombies?

Do you and your buddies really get your rocks off by steam rolling through Cherno and whipping the zombies?

Probably not.

Tired of people trying to find ways around having to use tactics and planning to survive.

Bunch of zombie huggers.

Edited by ThermoNuke

^^ people have a strange attitude towards killing other players, as I believe Rocket has stated, we the community have created this environment of kill on sight

therefore the only way to avoid this is to stop doing this as a community, some people say thats bullshit but honestly just try a couple of things

1. stop shooting everyone on sight (at least on the coast, not shooting people in Stary is a bit suicidal)

2. call out friendly on direct before you enter a building, avoiding people freaking out and firing on you

3. if you see people, try and approach to hail them on VOIP rather than just avoiding them to find yourself in a bad situation

4. if you really keep getting killed don't be greedy on the coast, you really only need a weapon (could be a hatchet), some morphine, and some drink and munchies, everything else you can get further north in safer towns, i usually die in Chern and Elektro looting shit i don't really need, my character right now left cherno with a chezch pack and some beans, one heli crash later and some light looting up north and I have a bison, dmr, and alice pack

and if these fail what is the worse thing that happened? you died and lost what? a makarov and a nice backpack? honestly you have so much to gain from befriending people and not much to lose if you have recently spawned

i play almost exclusively with a dude from Belgium (I'm Canadian), who I ran from elektro to cherno to give a blood transfusion (back when there was side chat) it could have been a bandit trap but i was tired of the loner life getting killed by others, i have had most of my fun in this game playing with him, stealing buses, doing raids on Stary in a stolen van with some dansish dudes (who i approached in Berezino to befriend even though i had a shot on them both, but i decided not to take it)

so honesty sorry if this is too long to read, but try and make friends, you have nothing to lose and lots to gain, then when you have a team head north where the truly exhilarating PvP is, where an engagement is planned out and where when the dust settles and you have taken out another squad and got crazy loot of them you feel like you are going to have a heart attack its so intense,

cuz lefts face it, shooting people in cherno and elektro is kinda meh...

Edited by Shagohad
  • Like 2

People are bandits because there is absolutely no reason not to. Better chances of survival, better loot and you can shoot people for fun. Shooting people on sight is the supported playstyle. Free For All Deathmatch Unless You Know The Guy is the gamemode of dayz, not a "particular playstyle to choose".

Something should be added to the game to make people think "should I kill that guy or walk away?" and another thing to make people think "Should I stay away from that guy or should I try to team up with him?" Nobody asks these now (unless it's your first day), you see someone you shoot him.

Sums it up pretty well.

And highlights why vigilantism won't ever come close to addressing the issue. When you say "well go out and do something about it", you're telling non-min/maxers to spend even more time outplaying min/maxers.

Anyone who has even a bit of game experience will do well to not outright laugh in the face of whoever suggests that.

The inherent problem is murdering others on sight has no potential immediate, nor potential longterm, downside.

Playing as a non-kos survivor has an enormous, tangible and immediate downside.

When game mechanics start putting the same pressure on kos players as it does on on survivor players, then we'll have something special.

Edited by jonahcutter

^^ people have a strange attitude towards killing other players, as I believe Rocket has stated, we the community have created this environment of kill on sight

therefore the only way to avoid this is to stop doing this as a community, some people say thats bullshit but honestly just try a couple of things

1. stop shooting everyone on sight (at least on the coast, not shooting people in Stary is a bit suicidal)

2. call out friendly on direct before you enter a building, avoiding people freaking out and firing on you

3. if you see people, try and approach to hail them on VOIP rather than just avoiding them to find yourself in a bad situation

4. if you really keep getting killed don't be greedy on the coast, you really only need a weapon (could be a hatchet), some morphine, and some drink and munchies, everything else you can get further north in safer towns, i usually die in Chern and Elektro looting shit i don't really need, my character right now left cherno with a chezch pack and some beans, one heli crash later and some light looting up north and I have a bison, dmr, and alice pack

and if these fail what is the worse thing that happened? you died and lost what? a makarov and a nice backpack? honestly you have so much to gain from befriending people and not much to lose if you have recently spawned

i play almost exclusively with a dude from Belgium (I'm Canadian), who I ran from elektro to cherno to give a blood transfusion (back when there was side chat) it could have been a bandit trap but i was tired of the loner life getting killed by others, i have had most of my fun in this game playing with him, stealing buses, doing raids on Stary in a stolen van with some dansish dudes (who i approached in Berezino to befriend even though i had a shot on them both, but i decided not to take it)

so honesty sorry if this is too long to read, but try and make friends, you have nothing to lose and lots to gain, then when you have a team head north where the truly exhilarating PvP is, where an engagement is planned out and where when the dust settles and you have taken out another squad and got crazy loot of them you feel like you are going to have a heart attack its so intense,

cuz lefts face it, shooting people in cherno and elektro is kinda meh...

The pvp you're describing as "truly exhilarating" is the basic ArmA game. It has nothing to do with any mod. It's inherent to the gameplay of the core game.

You'll get the same (or far better) exhilarating pvp playing the base game, as pvping at the northern airfield in DayZ.

Edited by jonahcutter
  • Like 1

all i could make out from your post

"QQ im a cock sucking cod faggot QQ"

go back to cod kid

• Like 1

should just change the stat tracking.

Killing an armed player = bandit kill

Killing an unarmed player = murder

all i could make out from your post

"QQ im a cock sucking cod faggot QQ"

go back to cod kid

Are you fucking retarded? I mean...fuck man, you are so bloody stupid. I don't even like CoD.

Your assumptions are fucking stupid. Jesus christ woman.

If people would quit using only the first person view then they wouldn't be surprised by so many players. Less surprises less killings. Less accidents, less deaths. Accidentally running into someone is a good way to die. Using third person can give you time to choose to run away or engage but only if you actually use it.

Just today I'm in a barn and some guy comes running in and up the opposite stairs to avoid a zombie. Now I'm forced to make a choice. I can say "hi guy that is only 15 feet away from me with an AK, let's be pals" and very likely get killed or I can kill him before he sees me. Had he used the third person view he would have known I was in there and not died. Had he been using third person while IN the barn he would have seen me and not died. Had he run through the barn while looking around or had he run around the barn and used his third person view to scope out the top levels he would have lived. Had he not swung his gun in my direction the second he saw me he would have lived. 100% of all my player kills outside of the obvious war zone cities are because another player FORCED me to choose between him or me. Now his buddy wants to kill me because I killed his dumb friend. Now I get two murders because someone wanted to wear blinders. I didn't want their gear. I didn't want kills.

Every player I let walk away I saw first from a safe distance. Every player that let me walk away saw me first and warned me to keep my distance.

Take off the blinders people. Play smart, communicate, and don't run around like a moron and you'll live. Use third person to it's absolute fullest.

Although I agree with alot of what youre saying, I disagree with one thing. You said Survirors are becoming bandits because other bandits exist. Which isnt a good thing. Because there are bandits, its turning everyone against eachother. There still are good people out there on the servers but the fact that our own decisions are being made for us because of bandits is not how i want to play the game.

I still choose to be a good person, but if i feel threatened then i will shoot to kill. Id rather not do that. Id rather chat to others and survive with others iv never met before. Not be gunned down for no other reason than to piss me off by someone who I dont know nor can exact my revenge on! Atleast give me a spot of where i was killed and who i was killed by, so i could add them to some kind of HUNT LIST, and then follow them on the servers!

Actually, thats not a bad idea! When you die, you can add to your hunt list. This hunt list would pretty much be another rendision of your friends list, therefore you could follow them and hunt them on other servers! Maybe with a message flash up on their screen when you join their server saying "You are being hunted"!

Or not as the case may be lol

Well there's a ton of threads and posts regarding this issue.

The real question is whether Rocket and the devs going to listen and do anything about it considering he has stated that the community's say is important in developing the game. If he doesn't then we know for sure it's just another pvp shooter.

When i play dayz i feel like Dexter. I murder the murderers. Well sorta.

I kill anything that poses a threat. Just for the sake of surviving. As the main goal in the game.

I also find the therm "Bandit" very mild. When i think of a bandit i image some person demanding to put your hands up and dropping your weapons and loot. Just like a thief or highway man.

Murderer sounds more fitting.

Edited by Cryptex

Give me a good reason why this game is good.

Good reasons do not include false concepts, I.E. stress on IFF, realism, alpha, metagaming, hardcore.

None of these exist in DayZ, it's simply a matter of camp deerstand, camp players. If you try to have any semblance of humanity, any notion or attempt anything other than shooting on sight, you are dead. No interaction, nothing. Anything other than being the biggest dick is just an avenue for dying in DayZ.

Why would I download this? I can just as easily play Combat Arms and get the same lack of intelligence, lack of immersion, and lack of humanity.

Well there's a ton of threads and posts regarding this issue.

The real question is whether Rocket and the devs going to listen and do anything about it considering he has stated that the community's say is important in developing the game. If he doesn't then we know for sure it's just another pvp shooter.

Already stated, no PvP balance. He's already admitted that DayZ is just another PvP shooter, so I'm just sitting tight and waiting for someone who actually cares about more than the douchebags.

... it is highly irritating too be killed 2 mins into the game without any way too defend yourself by some cocks tho.. maybe only punish in starting areas or something similar if somebody has a shiny weapon fair enough but too get killed for starting bandage and pain killers is just stupid..

get better at the game

Give me a good reason why this game is good.

Good reasons do not include false concepts, I.E. stress on IFF, realism, alpha, metagaming, hardcore.

None of these exist in DayZ, it's simply a matter of camp deerstand, camp players. If you try to have any semblance of humanity, any notion or attempt anything other than shooting on sight, you are dead. No interaction, nothing. Anything other than being the biggest dick is just an avenue for dying in DayZ.

Why would I download this? I can just as easily play Combat Arms and get the same lack of intelligence, lack of immersion, and lack of humanity.

play with a group of friends

I roll in a bandit pack...we kill everyone...fresh spawners too...Our goal is to have as many murders as possible. First one to ten wins lol. We do let some people go when its to far out of our way. Its not like we hunt people down but If we are in any part of the map, and I can take a shot and kill you...I will.

Some men just want to watch the world burn

OP has

I/we [my group] have a shoot-on-sight policy. If I let you go, I have no idea if you spotted me and are planning to eliminate me whilst my back is turned. [Of course, this shoot-on-sight policy doesn't particularly apply to the southern to south-east coast parts of the map, as most players are fresh spawns or the players generally have low tier weapons- in the manner of capabilities, not value- thus they are not a threat. But when I am up near the high value loot spots/places where more experienced players normally are, then it's a shoot-on-sight policy not matter what.

Good for you. Now that 98% of the people in DayZ adopt the same policy, your reasons are moot because the next time you get spotted you might not have the option of shooting first.

You'll be dead. Your shit gone. Have a nice DayZ.

Already stated, no PvP balance. He's already admitted that DayZ is just another PvP shooter, so I'm just sitting tight and waiting for someone who actually cares about more than the douchebags.

Ah fair enough. All is lost then.

This isn't the survival zombie horror sandbox game a lot of us were hoping for.

The pvp you're describing as "truly exhilarating" is the basic ArmA game. It has nothing to do with any mod. It's inherent to the gameplay of the core game.

You'll get the same (or far better) exhilarating pvp playing the base game, as pvping at the northern airfield in DayZ.

I agree, ARMA has fun pvp, but I think at least what draws me (as an RPG lover as well as MilSims) is that in this mod with the looting and perm death you are more attached to your character and the conflict has more weight to it, the tactics feel a bit more immersive, just my opinion :)

OP has

Good for you. Now that 98% of the people in DayZ adopt the same policy, your reasons are moot because the next time you get spotted you might not have the option of shooting first.

You'll be dead. Your shit gone. Have a nice DayZ.

I already adapted to the shoot-on-sight policy. I wasn't the first to do so.

If I die, I die. I don't care. But since it is my shit, then I will fight for it, no matter what.