Soujyo

Taking away even more access to our servers?

Well until they fix all matters, I mean do their job as you correctly mention, admins should be able to manage their servers so as to at least manually keep the environment of the game playable... I mean makes sense, they don't want to wait with hands down, they want to try and help as much as they can.

Peace

That's a problem with the hosting company, not Day Z devs. My advice is boycott the hosting companies that do that. Either find a hosting company who doesn't treat their customers like preschoolers or get a dedicated box and run your own.

That's a problem with the hosting company, not Day Z devs. My advice is boycott the hosting companies that do that. Either find a hosting company who doesn't treat their customers like preschoolers or get a dedicated box and run your own.

I think, tho I am not so sure about that, an admin could help us here, that provider companies receive orders from the developers of the game about what they should allow, tho we need confirmation on that.

I think, tho I am not so sure about that, an admin could help us here, that provider companies receive orders from the developers of the game about what they should allow, tho we need confirmation on that.

Hey there!

Time for another HFB update email!

A couple of things to mention firstly is our awesome new website, including the forums. There are a few issues with this at the moment, but they will be worked on over the coming weeks.

Next up, as some of you may know, we are running a competition giving away a copy of ArmA2:PMC and ArmA2:BAF, details of this can be found on our home page.

Last of all, we regret to say that, at the request of the DayZ team we will be removing  filemanager and FTP access to our servers. The file manager will remain, but users will only have access to the beserver.cfg in "/cfgdayz/BattlEye" in order to change their rcon/maxping details. Access to the text editor for configuration files is also being removed , and being replaced with a form-based configuration editor.

Thank you

HFBServers

Hey there!

Time for another HFB update email!

A couple of things to mention firstly is our awesome new website, including the forums. There are a few issues with this at the moment, but they will be worked on over the coming weeks.

Next up, as some of you may know, we are running a competition giving away a copy of ArmA2:PMC and ArmA2:BAF, details of this can be found on our home page.

Last of all, we regret to say that, at the request of the DayZ team we will be removing filemanager and FTP access to our servers. The file manager will remain, but users will only have access to the beserver.cfg in "/cfgdayz/BattlEye" in order to change their rcon/maxping details. Access to the text editor for configuration files is also being removed , and being replaced with a form-based configuration editor.

Thank you

HFBServers

Not all hosting companies do this, so my hunch is HFB and their staff or 2 people or whatever it is now decided that the easiest way to ensure whitelisting was to restrict their clients.

Not all hosting companies do this, so my hunch is HFB and their staff or 2 people or whatever it is now decided that the easiest way to ensure whitelisting was to restrict their clients.

Last of all, we regret to say that, at the request of the DayZ team we will be removing filemanager and FTP access to our servers. The file manager will remain, but users will only have access to the beserver.cfg in "/cfgdayz/BattlEye" in order to change their rcon/maxping details. Access to the text editor for configuration files is also being removed , and being replaced with a form-based configuration editor.

You seemed to miss that part.

You seemed to miss that part.

No, I didn't. You are taking it at face value. You shouldn't. There is a reason you don't see EVERY host doing this/sending these emails out to their clients.

No, I didn't. You are taking it at face value. You shouldn't. There is a reason you don't see EVERY host doing this/sending these emails out to their clients.

Sorry, Hosting companies don't just decide to do something like this without some type of warning/request.

That's like your ISP emailing you "We're taking away your intenet to make sure you don't do anything bad".

They don't do it, now if the govenment said something like "This individual is looking up illegal material" something would be done - But again, not without some communication with someone incharge beforehand.

You seem to think that the server hosting companies come on here and go "Oh they have rules on a forum, we better change our business style to play out in accordance..Just incase".

Edited by AllDayZSimon

This mod will fall apart soon, Sooner or later we will not be able to ban any one, Giving hackers free rain (Since they have it now).

This reminds me of some thing.

oh ya nazi's.

I might get a forum warning or even a ban but i did say it and do not regret saying it.

Rocket pull the head out of the bum and see what you are doing, Give us the control to are server's, We do pay for them you do not.

• Like 5

Yeah. This mod is going tits up anyway.

Let the dev team pay for the servers, I'll pull mine from the pool. No skin off of my ass.

• Like 2

Well, if they ban my servers from the hive for doing the best I can to ban the idiot hackers and such it's a gain for me.

$100 a month back in my pocket and 80 less slots out there.....

Well, if they ban my servers from the hive for doing the best I can to ban the idiot hackers and such it's a gain for me.

$100 a month back in my pocket and 80 less slots out there.....

Indeed. Let some other sucker donate their money to this restrictive dev team and this abusive community.

• Like 2

Actually, most have already.

Edited by Inu

Dev suicide looks like. I think they should be thanking the people who host dedicated servers out of thier own pockets. some companies charge up to a hundred bucks a month depending on the bandwidth u require. I think if someone is willing to dish out the money to alpha test it then they should have access to help develop the game and a pleasant community free of grievers and hackers. If the admin is gonna abuse his power then take his access away but to punish a whole community is rediculous especially because they r the ones who made you who u r as of now. smdh. Do you realize people are gonna resort to private servers. If it wasnt for the host paying out of thier own pockets to support your dream you wouldn't be where u r careerwise. I am seeing now you can destroy a community as well as u built it. It was impressive that you made a mod that so many people ran out and bought arma 2 just to play. But what about after that? What's gonna make you stick out when u abandon your community and your community abandons you. Dayz will be just another mod of arma 2. I am disappointed at what is going on right now and i hope its just hear say. I hope you snap out of it and realize that the community can make u and this game if you just let us.

Concerned Survivor

• Like 1

For anyone considering HFB servers, forget it....

You can't even rename or delete your log files now

Can't get to scripts.txt to update your scripts file for BE

I killed my auto renewal in PayPal before they try and take another month....

That's because the guy that runs HFB is the one that hosts and made DayZmod.com

They're in cahoots with the dev team.

It should be noted that log files are completely unusable unless we can prune them in some automated or manual fashion at regular intervals. Removing this ability from server admins is insanity and makes tracking hackers and extracting scripts for inclusion in BE an even more onerous task.

Adherence to the DayZ rules is required when ordering the server. Policing should be at the provider level but do so through a system that does not punish the hell out of the honest admins.

The lock down on files HFB has imposed is completely unreasonable. Most server admins just want to play the game and enjoy it with friends. I've got zero desire to break any of the rules of the game as that defeats the entire purpose. Please stop treating me like a child and a cheater and start treating us like paying customers that are, by the way, donating the servers to the community...

• Like 1

That's fine. Just like to point out we didn't want to remove FTP at all. The Dev Team forced our hand. Tomorrow would see new features for managing your logs/bans.txt/ect.

Removing FTP caused us problems and we knew it would. But we had to conform just like you guys. And, it's not just HFB that had to change per request of the DayZ team.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am writing this to outline a few things for you. As of recently there have been many changes going on at Vilayer LTD and we feel that they are positive. In the last 3 or 4 days, you may have noticed some changes going on with your server name or restrictions VIA the configuration file. There is reasoning behind this.

In the interest of the customer, Lee, Ian and I worked many hours to ensure none of our clients were blacklisted (A host doing this amount of work is almost unheard of). Many clients were failing to follow naming convention restrictions, were disabling battleye and were passwording servers. When the DayZ team approached us and said that many servers (not just ours) were due to be blacklisted soon, we jumped into action to fix this. The "EU" code for server names is phasing out and country codes are being pushed in, you will see LU, DE, UK, FR, US and so on. Some EU had to be changed, so we put them at LU unless a client wanted another code.

We also changed things so that if a rule was broken, the server would go into a stop function to ensure that proper rules are being followed.

This will likely be my last post in this thread as I cannot monitor it.

Amazing as today I have no problem accessing any of those files on my Vilayer hosted server.

Sorry HFB, you went about this the wrong way and f'd your customers. If Dayz is paying your bills or for your servers then fine, but last I looked we are your customers, so support us. Piss poor business model and pis poor customer service. Much like your other thread calling your customers Whiney bitches until you got called out and edited it....

• Like 2

I understand the restrictiions for the benefit of the game but if all servers are now going to be the same (can't ban disconnectors, exploiters, hackers) then there aint gonna be any decent admin'ed servers to play on.

I understand the restrictiions for the benefit of the game but if all servers are now going to be the same (can't ban disconnectors, exploiters, hackers) then there aint gonna be any decent admin'ed servers to play on.

You got it!

Sorry, Hosting companies don't just decide to do something like this without some type of warning/request.

That's like your ISP emailing you "We're taking away your intenet to make sure you don't do anything bad".

They don't do it, now if the govenment said something like "This individual is looking up illegal material" something would be done - But again, not without some communication with someone incharge beforehand.

You seem to think that the server hosting companies come on here and go "Oh they have rules on a forum, we better change our business style to play out in accordance..Just incase".

Did you read my previous posts in this thread? I clearly outlined things for you that would have prevented you wasting the time to write this.

It would appear that HFB is planning on pulling the plug on future DayZ hosting per their communication to PayPal concerning a dispute (or they are lying to PayPal).

• 7/18/2012 04:37 PDT - Seller: The TOS change has nothing to do with the change of access. Speak to shawn-dante head of everything that deals with servers over at the dayz dev team. This was a Dayz request that we are required to follow. You agreed to the dayz rules when you bought the server which this was a rule change that we HAVE to follow. I can give you the skype details of Shawn if you like so you can speak to him.Do you think that we would want to purposely limit access? The answer is no, we do not we are simply required to follow what ever rules they make. As far as the TOS change the original TOS was very short but had the line "we reserve the right to change this at any time without notice" which is something that almost every company out there has, heck im sure paypal even has it but they still notify everybody when they are changed.Like many companies i have in contact with (not naming names) we are planning to move away from dayz as the rules are getting stricter every day and we feel it is not fair for the buyer to have to deal with things like that, not having full access to your server is one.

So those of you with HFB should start planning to move to a more reliable hosting provider or drop the server altogether.....