Mungaloid

War on banditry!!! Join the fight!!!

We are doing the same. But in a different way. Instead of making those unredeemable bandits lives a living hell. We try to make it a friendlier place by not shooting on sight without due cause. The best way to stop this bandit plague is by hitting it at the source. New players.

The Anti-Bandits Steam Group:

http://steamcommunit...groups/TAB-DayZ

I like this, This works well, but what if you don't shoot on sight and come bearing gifts? Ya know.... like an ex bandit camp on wheels. j/k. Indeed These methods should be persued as well, I also follow the don't shoot on sight.

What are you going to do with all this weaponry you reckon you're going to find? Be all friendly and give your M107 to a new guy? Don't be so stupid. If you ever found a .50 cal you'd turn into a bandit instantly.

Sadly I'm no bandit( and will never be) so you're going to kill anyways for owning a sniper rifle? I don't need to kill zeds to loot, if you learn their pattern it's easy to get past them in the cities.

That is why war on banditry will fail and you'll end up doing more damage than helping.

true. I just wanted to see if you were a bandit in disguise lol, and where did my topic post say anything about shooting? ultimately thought the camps will be raided anyways why not give away the excess gear to the people without weapons and such. to some extend if your living in the north you've come acrossed tents and vehicles and likely taken a few things, if you were to take that stuff you left behind in the extra vehicles to the coast you could be part of a solution or atleast trying to make a difference instead of being impartial.

What are you going to do with all this weaponry you reckon you're going to find? Be all friendly and give your M107 to a new guy? Don't be so stupid. If you ever found a .50 cal you'd turn into a bandit instantly.

Who says I haven't allready gave a .50 away I dont use sniper rifles anyways to combersome and its not really self defence if I'm shooting people from 500+ yards away. That and just leaving a truckload of guns in a field near the beach means i dont even need to interact with them. but if they happen to read this topic theyll like know that someone left it for them on purpose.

true. I just wanted to see if you were a bandit in disguise lol, and where did my topic post say anything about shooting? ultimately thought the camps will be raided anyways why not give away the excess gear to the people without weapons and such. to some extend if your living in the north you've come across tents and vehicles and likely taken a few things, if you were to take that stuff you left behind in the extra vehicles to the coast you could be part of a solution or at least trying to make a difference instead of being impartial.

If I see tents with noone around( be sure to check the parameters around the tent for snipers) I'm sure to loot them for supplies. I actually got a few good weapons from tents though I'm not sure if it belongs to the bandits or survivors. Still killing other players is a big no-no to me. Like i said... this not some post apocalyptic world like The Road where everything has been burnt to ashes, the world in DayZ is still pretty much intact. The remaining humans will most likely stick together to survive than killing each other. The pvp is "mostly" for bored players, misconception of the apocalypse, griefers and those who enjoys the thrill of shooting other players without thinking this is a game about zombie apocalypse.

Edited by leeo38
  • Like 1

[in the voice of the guy who says "Good luck" to Liam Neeson on the phone in taken]

Good luck.

No, you are right.

It is currently far far easier to play as a bandit than as a survivor. Survivors have to constantly make extremely difficult choices very quickly, when engaging with other players. Bandits do not at all. They make one choice when they log in and then it's basically pretty easy for them outside of the shooting itself. And they always have the advantage in that they'll always choose to shoot first.

Currently there are no mechanics in place to make playing as a bandit as difficult as playing as a survivor. It's far easier and far more efficient to farm both spawns AND other players. There is almost no downside to playing as a bandit. There are no tangible, negative repercussions in either short nor long term.

To me, that is the flaw in the system. The greatest strength of the mod, the intense choices about interacting with other players in a zombie-infested environment, becomes largely irrelevant if you make the decision to simply kill all other players.

Couldn't have put this better myself. Nice work.

Rocket says its up to players to get a handle on banditry yet he gives us no tools to do so. When people make suggestions we just get shouted down with the "its part of the game" bullshit. So were left with little choice but to raid camps of "hoarders" and assum theyre bandits. If Rocket and the team would hold a serious open discussion with the goal of giving us THE PLAYERS some simple tools to fight the bandits. This is something alot of us want. It would give me a reason to start playing again.

What? You're kidding right? This is just banditry under the name of justice. Don't tell me if you find a camp with no vehicles you aren't going to loot it. This makes me rage. You are going to piss so many survivors just doing their own thing, off. And what do you think they are going to think? "Oh! Its okay! They must have just thought we were bandits so they took our shit and left it on the beach! Such smart people in this game!" Rethink your plan, sheriff.

Hullo there

Without being rude, this seems to reflect more on what you would do and projecting it on others.

Give me a .50 cal and I'd be hunting new player killers.

Much more fun to hunt a dangerous animal rather than noobspawn freshly washed up on the beach.

rgds

LoK

There are plenty of reasons to play as a survivor or even an anti-bandit. and as for tools their plenty like using these forums to combat them and coordianate efforts and devise strategies for dealing with the issue. coalitions of survivors maybe. we are free to use any real world tactics we simply need to pool our resources and make it better it wont change at all if we stand idlely by and talk about how crappy and hard it is. People, we need people to try, people are the tools that will make this a more interesting or perhaps if you will a more friendly place. bandits are working together in cells if you will and devising the most effective means of taking us out and as it stands they are winning. the shoot on site mentality for personal saftey makes sense considering the current state, but how many times have potential friendships never happened because of it. shooting first certianly stops them from shooting you, but it also stops them from atempts to comunicate with you as well. its risk and reward but thats the primary appeal of the game the constant risks and rewards. Going to the hospitals and a get much needed need supplies reaps a reward or a bullet. but you still do it right? So why has everyone stopped talking to each other?

Edited by Mungaloid

What? You're kidding right? This is just banditry under the name of justice. Don't tell me if you find a camp with no vehicles you aren't going to loot it. This makes me rage. You are going to piss so many survivors just doing their own thing, off. And what do you think they are going to think? "Oh! Its okay! They must have just thought we were bandits so they took our shit and left it on the beach! Such smart people in this game!" Rethink your plan, sheriff.

atleast theres the atempt of justice and a selfless act of dropping the suppiles to the people who need them more at the moment. One way or another those camps will be raided anyways whether your online playing or offline sleeping. its not if people will find those camps its when.

Bandits are part of the game.

Have fun fighting against the game.

You can't fight against the game. If this guy wants to get together people to fight bandits then that becomes part of the game. As much of the game as the bandits themselves.

Bandits die more often than survivors.

What's the numbers behind that statement?

atleast theres the atempt of justice and a selfless act of dropping the suppiles to the people who need them more at the moment. One way or another those camps will be raided anyways whether your online playing or offline sleeping. its not if people will find those camps its when.

What if you give the weapon to some random guy you meet out of trust and he takes that 50. cal you gave him and he spawn camps Electro? Still helping people?

IF I ruined a camp, chances are it's not any "bandit group" camp, but a clan, and clan's generally are much more noob friendly, and don't shoot unless threatened, so you would probably just be shooting your own cause in the foot.

If i were a bandit I would keep everything I really needed on my person anyhow.

IF I ruined a camp, chances are it's not any "bandit group" camp, but a clan, and clan's generally are much more noob friendly, and don't shoot unless threatened, so you would probably just be shooting your own cause in the foot.

If i were a bandit I would keep everything I really needed on my person anyhow.

the clan realm I play on, shoots ANYONE not on teamspeak with them. <3 including noobs.

What if you give the weapon to some random guy you meet out of trust and he takes that 50. cal you gave him and he spawn camps Electro? Still helping people?

and what if he simply finds a cz and does the same thing. true its not a perfect plan and some of those suppiles will end up in the hands of bandits but ill ask you what are you trying to do to change things? the primary issue at the beach is the difficulty that many have in procuring weapons. we can help them if we try.an example if i find a large camp. I have no need for 20 rifles in 6 vehicles between 2 people so i take what i need and want and ditch the excess for anyone to use and if its for rearming purposes once I've rearmed from my personally stock which at this point is tiny and continue playing i find more weapons easily afterwards and still don't need a large stock pile of surpluses. like i said in my topic post its an attempt. do you have any ideas that doesn't require rocket to recode and change the game?

What? You're kidding right? This is just banditry under the name of justice.

Sounds like my kind of party.

Back in the day when chat was still working I joined this paramilitary group that was working on a plan to secure Berezino and make it a safe place to trade and get supplies from. After around 20 hours of helping them out and planting wires around the top loot spots I got bored and asked to see their camp location.

Needless to say I killed 4 of them, took their beans and their only jeep.

Play however you want, but don't label and assume other players are 'bandits' just because they have multiple cars or stock up on supplies.

You're not a hero though, you're just a dick. Taking others gear and vehicles they've obviously worked hard for and giving it to undeserving noobs who have just spawned.

Play however you want, but don't label and assume other players are 'bandits' just because they have multiple cars or stock up on supplies.

You're not a hero though, you're just a dick. Taking others gear and vehicles they've obviously worked hard for and giving it to undeserving noobs who have just spawned.

Woah, woah, woah. Clearly the guy's intentions are good. And if you still cling to the idea that any of the things you "have" in the game are your's, you aren't playing right.

Woah, woah, woah. Clearly the guy's intentions are good. And if you still cling to the idea that any of the things you "have" in the game are your's, you aren't playing right.

If nothing is yours bandits arent banditing anything then. Since its not yours. :)

....who were shot by the guys with mulitple cars and stocked up supplies.... j/k no clearly there is no reliable way to identify bandit camps, but that also the issue with players as well. although there shouldn't be clear identifiers. but until the game has been more flushed out and offer more incentives the only ones we have is to try and find a solution ourselves and this one is mine and like any other self rightous internet dick i wanted to share and sway people in joining in on it. im also completely open to suggestions. Edited by Mungaloid