Sign in to follow this  
Mooseocalypse

Logging out in shock should kill you

DC'ers are a gigantic pain in the ass and ruin the game. Right now, logging out in shock just means you'll spawn in unconscious and be inconvenienced. If someone logs out in shock, they ought to be killed outright.

Shock itself ought to be tweaked to last for a shorter amount of time, maybe 2 minutes instead of 5, so people in shock for legitimate reasons can still log out when they have to go to work or their wives are nagging or whatever.

I know logging is supposed the be fixed next ARMA beta, but in the mean time just a hotfix maybe?

• Like 2

Rule 4: Doubletap: ...When you do end up using it for that last minute 'oh shit' moment remember to double tap. Its an emergency and thats why you're using it and not your cricket bat so why skimp? One bullet more in the head will go a long way to ensuring your survival.

Just be patient and kill the guy on the first shot and you got no problems then

That's a bullshit answer to a legitimate problem. You completely ignore the variables of multiple targets, low power weapons, long ranges, playing conditions, etc.

You might as well have said "ignore the problem because I'm a fool."

DC'ers are a gigantic pain in the ass and ruin the game. Right now, logging out in shock just means you'll spawn in unconscious and be inconvenienced. If someone logs out in shock, they ought to be killed outright.

Shock itself ought to be tweaked to last for a shorter amount of time, maybe 2 minutes instead of 5, so people in shock for legitimate reasons can still log out when they have to go to work or their wives are nagging or whatever.

I know logging is supposed the be fixed next ARMA beta, but in the mean time just a hotfix maybe?

Uh. What?

Uh. What?

Well you know the little white icons in your HUD that show up when you take damage? That represents shock. Logging out with that shock icon active will mean that when you log back in, you will go unconscious for around 5 minutes or so. Change that feature to just outright killing the player.

No. Absolutely no.

I'm going to list several reasons as to why the correct answer to your suggestion is no.

1. You can get it from falling a couple of feet off some stairs.

2. Shock occurs from any impact as well as bullet impact.

3. Killing someone because they log out from a combat situation does not necessarily mean it was purposeful nor does it mean they logged out from such a situation on purpose.

4. In order to properly dictate what a combat situation would be would require programming that doesn't exist, something that has to make moral distinctions. Such as was this person actually being shot at or was it a stray bullet? Was said bullet aimed to a zombie? Was it a purposeful shot at your friend? Was this person in the process of logging out while at the same time being unknowingly shot at? etc..

5. That would suck dick.

No disrespect but I don't very much agree with you.

Just be patient and kill the guy on the first shot and you got no problems then

Oh, yeah. "Just kill him in one shot and ignore that gamebreaking exploit that people are using to screw other players out of legitimate kills"

Yeah, that's a great idea!

No. Absolutely no.

I'm going to list several reasons as to why the correct answer to your suggestion is no.

3. Killing someone because they log out from a combat situation does not necessarily mean it was purposeful nor does it mean they logged out from such a situation on purpose.

4. In order to properly dictate what a combat situation would be would require programming that doesn't exist, something that has to make moral distinctions. Such as was this person actually being shot at or was it a stray bullet? Was said bullet aimed to a zombie? Was it a purposeful shot at your friend? Was this person in the process of logging out while at the same time being unknowingly shot at? etc..

5. That would suck dick.

No disrespect but I don't very much agree with you.

Spoken like a true exploiter. This would've been easier if you had just said:

"1. No, because that would mean I can't log out to avoid being killed because blahblahblah"

Spoken like a true exploiter. This would've been easier if you had just said:

"1. No, because that would mean I can't log out to avoid being killed because blahblahblah"

What? You are aware that shock occurs all the time and not to mention how buggy it is.

You have spoken like a true ignorant person as I have listed 4 very good reasons that have nothing to do with exploiting.

Fine I'll give you more reasons why it isn't a good idea.

6. It makes no fuckin' sense. There is no way you can successfully add that and keep any immersion.

7. There are alternatives to this rather than dying.

8. If you've been shot, are bleeding out, engage in combat THEN you should maybe be punished.

9. Shock has nothing to do with death. Do you even know what shock is?

10. I'm done giving reasons, I don't need to, I've proven my point. You should really try to make a logical response that actually correlates with the quote in which you are attacking. Save your retort, it won't make sense nor do I really care, if you want a rational discussion so be it.

BTW don't double post.

All of your reasons just sound like "This will stop me from logging out and exploiting the game because I'm a selfish child and if I can't win, then I'm going to take my ball and go home."

Grow up, chump.

It's just as much a pain in the ass being shot every minute by some random bandit who does nothing but killing EVERY survivor they see. I dont think that's the way DayZ is meant to be played.

Totally agree, you log out in shock, you forfeit your life.

I agree with this.

But what about players who got hurt by bullsh*t? Like a door, or a rock, a tree, or anything like it, when this happens to me, I disconnect and ask a friend to come help me on a low pop server. So should I get killed for that?

I don't know if it is possible, but maybe only kill when there was bullets traveling within 10 meters of the D/Cer.

I agree with this.

But what about players who got hurt by bullsh*t? Like a door, or a rock, a tree, or anything like it, when this happens to me, I disconnect and ask a friend to come help me on a low pop server. So should I get killed for that?

I don't know if it is possible, but maybe only kill when there was bullets traveling within 10 meters of the D/Cer.

Has nothing to do with this. The real solution to what you're posting is to fix the game so that uneven geometry, and doors don't break your legs.

The thread is about disallowing exploiters from continuing to ruin the game.

Has nothing to do with this. The real solution to what you're posting is to fix the game so that uneven geometry, and doors don't break your legs.

The thread is about disallowing exploiters from continuing to ruin the game.

The doors breaking your legs and all that stuff is in the engine, and I am 99% sure that they won't touch the engine, because A3 is on its way. They can't do anything about it.

I agree with this.

You should wait until shock goes away to disconnect imho.

The thing of going unconcious when you DC out of shock assume that you will reconnect on the same server, which simply isn't happening.

If you DC while in shock, you should die, and your body should be on the server you DCed from.

• Like 1

Supported.

No. Absolutely no.

Fix this then.

4. In order to properly dictate what a combat situation would be would require programming that doesn't exist, something that has to make moral distinctions. Such as was this person actually being shot at or was it a stray bullet? Was said bullet aimed to a zombie? Was it a purposeful shot at your friend?

Who cares if it was on purpose or not? Don't log off with the shock icon or you die, it's easy. If you want to log off, wait 5 minutes. If you can't wait 5 minutes, whatever you are doing is more important than some pixels. Don't get attached to your pixels.

Was this person in the process of logging out while at the same time being unknowingly shot at? etc..

Logging off takes all of 5 seconds and you retain sound and video while in the menu. Odds of getting shock in that time are low to none. Unless you are logging off as soon as you see another player.

5. That would suck dick.

For exploiters.

Also, shooting your own gun should put you into shock, that way players can't just snipe quick and DC.

Also, shooting your own gun should put you into shock, that way players can't just snipe quick and DC.

Also no, that is bad. There is no way that would work. You guys need to wake up, this will never happen and if it does it will be terrible. As to aversionfx your reply to my reasons is ridiculous, grow up kid.

Shooting your gun and logging out isn't a bad thing. What if you kill a zombie that was chasing you then log out afterwards because you are done? What of you just shoot a bullet for no reason? AS a developer you can't just add these things without thinking of the consequences. There are far too many possible consequences for this to happen, it won't work.

The only way your original suggestion is work is you have been shot and log out within, say, 10 seconds and the player shooting you is not dead.

Shooting your gun and logging out isn't a bad thing. What if you kill a zombie that was chasing you then log out afterwards because you are done? What of you just shoot a bullet for no reason? AS a developer you can't just add these things without thinking of the consequences. There are far too many possible consequences for this to happen, it won't work.

If you shoot your gun you are revealing your presence to other players. By logging out inmediately, you are avoiding the danger inherent to shooting. You are altering someone's game session then not facing the consequences.

I'm not sure firing your own gun should put you in shock. If shock lasted only a couple minutes instead of the current 5, sure, I'd support it.

But you need to provide better arguments than "it might be on accident".

The only way your original suggestion is work is you have been shot and log out within, say, 10 seconds and the player shooting you is not dead.

Why? So you can logoff inmediately after killing someone and avoid his friends?

Sure, there are better fixes than this in theory. But this one can probably be implemented right now with no engine modifications. Which is not true of the perfect fixes.

You talk about selfish attitude, but killing another player who has played maybe for hours is just the most selfish thing, when i see a player, i kill him only when he saw me, because most of time he would shot anyway, but i dont kill for the lulz, or even for having stuff, you explore for that, the game dont make sense if you have all you want just in one founded body, and if theres is nothing on the body, why you killed him then?

seriously i dont care if someone disconnect while im shoting at him, at least i won't have to ruin his game experience

btw: you will probably say that i exploit this bug, i dont

i understand that players want to kill other players, but complaining because they can't is just a joke.

You talk about selfish attitude, but killing another player who has played maybe for hours is just the most selfish thing, when i see a player, i kill him only when he saw me, because most of time he would shot anyway, but i dont kill for the lulz, or even for having stuff, you explore for that, the game dont make sense if you have all you want just in one founded body, and if theres is nothing on the body, why you killed him then?

I really don't hate players who shoot at me. It's just a game after all, and the game is the most fun when you are trying to avoid getting killed. If you are sitting at a poker table, you shouldn't be thinking about how long it took the other guy to earn that money. It was his decision to come to the table, and your duty to try to get his money. Anything else is confusing game and reality and probably ruining both.

seriously i dont care if someone disconnect while im shoting at him, at least i won't have to ruin his game experience

btw: you will probably say that i exploit this bug, i dont

i understand that players want to kill other players, but complaining because they can't is just a joke.

Why is it a joke to complain about cheaters? They get the same rewards as I do, but don't run the risks. And half the time, they log off, move, and log back on where they think they can kill you.

Whats is if the server restarts when you shocked or your game loosing connection when under shock?

Its ok as it is now, 5-10 sec logout timer would be better to solve the pvp/pve disco abuse

This is a pretty bad idea for reasons that should be obvious to everyone. So is the original idea. There are better ways that this can be fixed, and more importantly, it will be fixed whenever the game is ported over. Since that is the case, as annoying as this problem is, it is of little concern to me, just like it should be to you.