Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

What percentage of players you meet/engage Alt+F4?

I'd say close to 100% of people I shoot at (or that shoot at me and miss) alt+F4 out of the game.

Less than half a dozen times has anyone actually not logged out while I was shooting at them.

And this is in squad Vs. squad situations too, not just some poor random guy I was blasting at.

I don't know why rocket is pushing out bear traps while this exploit is still ruining the immersion of DayZ.

I know any criticism of the way Rocket does things is frowned upon here, but come on folks.

Zipping up my flame retardant jacket to protect me from the alt+f4 pirates and preparing to weather the storm...

• Like 16

Been playing about a week, ran across 2 people. 1 I left alone (we were both unarmed) and the second I shot but he must have been bugged or something because he didn't move and nothing happened. I'm still trying to figure out where all these people supposedly are.

Apparently when the zombie apocalypse comes IRL and the big bad evil zombies are about to ravage you, or the murderous squads of psychopaths are about to execute you the ultimate survival plan is to "disconnect". Good to know...

Well let me fill you in.

A) Kill the person with a first shot and the problem if avoided.

But anyone that has any worthwhile gear will Alt-F4, the counter to it is killing them with a quick headshot.

• Like 1

In the past 2 weeks, everyone I have encountered has Alt+F4. roughly in the mid 20's. Which is absurd now that you make me think of it.

Well let me fill you in.

But anyone that has any worthwhile gear will Alt-F4, the counter to it is killing them with a quick headshot.

Well let me fill you in.

If someone disconnects even when they die, their body sinks into the ground.

Edited by itputsthelotion
  • Like 3

Well let me fill you in.

So we should modify our gameplay around people who abuse exploits?

Most players I've encountered use alt-F4. Gotta love it when you come across people like yourself though, who don't. Gives you hope.

I've had MANY encounters with other player, being a bandit I naturally try to shoot them.

I'd say 80% of everyone I shoot at disconnects.

Not often for me. But that's because when I shoot, I make sure to kill quickly. Or just otherwise avoid confrontation altogether. Not worth it to simply wound.

Edited by Zexis

Usually it was close to 100% but strangely this last week I've had over 20 murders consecutively without a dc. Then 3 dc'd consecutively then another streak of consecutive non dc'ers.

They seem to come in waves for me.

probably like 5%; learn how to fucking aim seriously if they have time to alt f4 you probably sprayed 10 bullets that all missed. it's an exploit but shit get better at fps games

probably like 5%; learn how to fucking aim seriously if they have time to alt f4 you probably sprayed 10 bullets that all missed. it's an exploit but shit get better at fps games

You realize they can alt f4 after death and their body still vanishes?

Moron

• Like 1

So we should modify our gameplay around people who abuse exploits?

You have no idea how many threads of that have been made. Even just recently.

If you ever run into [sQUAD] clan I can pretty much guarantee they will alt out or run to lobby if you get the jump on them. Probably the single most cowardly clan in DayZ, not to mention they all seem to have ghillies and m107s every time I run into them. Usually on EU40, not sure if they have been banned, haven't seen them on for a while.

Other than that clan in particular I've been pretty lucky. Most of my confrontations have been up against worthy opponents with some balls to stand and fight.

0%, then again, I'm usually the one they get the drop on, and I don't disconnect, yeah I die a lot.

• Like 2

It's annoying as f*** especially when they alt f4 when they're dead and no loot appears.... I usually kill em all but they alt f4 so i cant loot

Big issue, but that's why I play on servers where the admins ban anyone that does this. It has happened to me once before and it got me killed, but that's life really.

90% and mostly those, who are more or less into this game, newcommers prefer "last stand" for their beans, unlike pussy experienced players.

Also 6 out of 7 guys today tried to shot me, after I spared there life and helped them.

2 were shouting in direct chat "I have no weapon, I'm unarmed, don't kill me!" and soon after they found a weapon they tried to gun me down or used the one I gave them to shoot me in my back.

2 other tried to shoot me, after I asked if there's a chance we can solve this problem without arms they said "Okey, I'm friendly" those fuckers tried to shoot me as soon as I got out of the cover, luckely they aim really fucking bad so they payed for their treason.

2 more refused to communicate and tried to kill me with any means possible, so they died.

And only one.. one guy didn't shoot at me, even though I had ways much better gear, while he had only revolver with few magz and had at least few chances to shoot me in my back without me having a chance to fight back. For that I gave him half of my food, meds and gear. He even asked if I really want to share that and if I don't mind him taking that stuff. His name was "Whatever" Hopefully will see him again (:

Edited by Delta-Dude

Depends on where you are. Closer to the coast there is much less DC as the new players either don't know or are still too wrapped up in the moment to remember to do it. When you go deep into the north, almost everyone DC's. The north sucks.

Not a lot, although lately I've had some people ALT F4 after I kill them causing their bodies to go away. I don't usually care about people doing it, their laziness doesn't do me much harm.