Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

What percentage of players you meet/engage Alt+F4?

I've shot and killed about 20-30 people, I've fired on and had people run away.

I've been fired on by people that didn't hit me, I have never ever encountered someone using ALt+F4.

• Like 1

At least 4 out of 5.

What I noticed is that even people who play in groups use this exploit a lot. Saw three guys yesterday making their way through Stary from SE towards the tents NE. They ran from house to house and everytime they aggro'd a zombie, they disconnected. The thing is, two of them had good guns (AKM and DMR) and the third a decent one (M1014) so they could easily have killed the enemies. Anyway, they reached the tents and from my position on the hills I could see movement in that big building east of them, it was another player who immediately opened fire on them with his M16. They all disconnected. Since the guy fired on them for no reason, I decided to do the same to him and give him multiple bullets in the face and chest with my AK-74. He dropped unconscious (saw his leg clip through the wall) and I made my way over to him to check his stuff which was pretty stupid in retrospect. I get inside the building but his body is gone, assuming he disconnected. Just as I climb down the stairs I see the 3 dudes from before enter the building through the entry on the opposite side of the building and they gun me down within a second.

I should have seen it coming but it's still pretty damn annoying that all this is even possible.

• Like 1

used to be close to 100% but now that I have the 1shot kill as50 it doesnt matter if they alt f4, they are dead

I've been using the M107 lately. Yes 1 shot kills, but they still disconnect and their bodies disappear immediately at the "player was killed" message. Maybe its a bug... but I doubt it, because when they are in groups their buddies are all disconnecting too. Well not all, but most.

• Like 1

On the odd occasion you do get a "proper" fire fight, it's so adrenaline pumping. People go through all the emotions because it's perma death and so much is on the line, you get people panicking wanting to run away using tactics etc. It's... god forbid, fun.

Roughly 30%.

What is really fun, though, is to get a pair of binocs and sit on a hill out of a city (any many city), then find a server with side chat enabled. Now, call out each and every person's location that you see, and watch them Disconnect.

"Hey guy running down the street in Cherno, you have a zombie chasing you." *Prompt DC*

"LOLZ"

I have respect for players that take a hit, take the time to bandage it and then hunt for the player that fired on them or attempt to escape, instead of hitting a few keys and closing the game.

Edited by Zeromentor

Please please do address this Rocket, we want at least a playable mod without this exploit before you start work on the standalone. Me and my team work hard for our fire fights, and to have the enemies just vanish is such a buzz kill after hours of playing tactically. If one of our team dies, the rest of us fight to the death and try to avenge the fallen, none of us d/c.

Around 20%, fun thing is.. the low geared players never seem to logout, where as people with highend gear seem to vanish in thin air when there is gunfire somewhere in the distance.

Last two days of gameplay:

Day 1(had to play on regular)

Tracked a group of 4 for at least 5km's, when engaged finally at Stary, they instantly logged out.- Asus/Jay/x/x

Shortly after a guy inside the Tents once under fire logged out. -Ashen Shugar

Another guy in the far distance to the west of Stary, similarly once under fire logged out. -Gordon Fro-man

One guy at the edge of the NW Airfield DIDNT log out, and was killed. -Anthony

5/6 D/C

Day 2 (no longer play on regular)

Group of two at NW airfield instantly logged out once under fire from our team. x/x

2/2 D/C

Total

7/8 = 87.5% D/C

Edited by Wrath

So far exactly... 25% (I've only met 4 ppl lol in about a week of playing)

First guy shot me just enough to knock me out and then watched me bleed to death (i'm guessing this is a lame way of avoiding a murder point?), after I climbed down out of an empty deer stand (lol I was carrying so much rubbish, I bet he regrets wasting the ammo for a pack full of empty tin cans LMAO)

2nd told me I was being too cautious around Zeds at night, decided not to shank me as we were both pretty fresh and we went our seperate ways.

3rd found me crawling on the floor after breaking a leg, looted my bag and then waited 10 mins before actually bothering to do me a favour and shoot me.

And then #4 - the alt-f4 guy, He was being chased by a couple of zeds, crawled into a tent and then logged when he saw me, even though I was actually being friendly and took out the zeds for him... didnt catch the name, but pretty sad, as I tried telling him that I was friendly and happy to help >.<

I have a solution to the disconnect problem.. 1.Find helicrash. 2. loot AS50. 3.Range target. 4. Shoot target.. target dead... Solution found.. I have yet to not get a kill with a HIT from the AS50. I always try to go for thorso hits since im normaly shooting at 400-800 meters.

I had a Great fight against to players at some smale shit town..way east of novy sobor. Two guys open up on a firend of mine who went down.. I enganged them at about 300 meters.. after about 2 min of shooting/relocating i got the drop on both of them.. Did not get there name but i salute them for not disconnecting. Like The [bST] clan seems to be experts on (on norway 1 at least). If I ever get a name (and proof) of players disconnecting I get them banned from the server i usally play on..

Thinker.

Would be good if Rocket increased the time for which the player remains on server after the disconnect action, with no option to reconnect instantly, so that PKers etc. can devour their cowardly remains for around two minutes following disconnect. Alt+F4 ruins immersion, breaking the spell of brutality, for actions like that should have consequences!!

After respawn with no weapon I was sneaking towards the supermarket in elektro. When I got there I immediatly get fired at by some dude hiding in the building across street with a full auto weapon - he managed to miss me with every bullet on like 10 meter range (lol), in reflex I hit the sprint key and just jump into the same building by coincidence seeing this guy alt-f4 and vanisthing in thin ear in the next room. Remember, I have no weapon on me whatsoever.

What a triple fail ... camping unarmed newbs, missing full auto on 10 meter on a crawling target and disconnecting when said unnarmed newb is entering your building.

way to go ...

Edited by torytrae

Never Alt-F4'd from a death. Only time I'd even consider it was if it was from a hacker. Hell, I congratulated a guy at NWAF this weekend that popped me from across the runway on the OHK.

once i made DC group of 4 "mil elite" players in NWAF. I saw them movin slowly and chekin every corner.

They cover each other like a PRO - moving form cover to cover. Saw them all the way in my termal scope - then i thought aah lets troll them and make a shoot just near them..... they DCed inl like 1 second all of them :D that was crazy funny

but here another sample were my friend Onka was trying to kill dude. But yeah i know - he was not good in sniping :)

Rocket needs to address this as soon as possible, I have a very bad feeling he is going to ignore the core player base and just look at the rising player number and tell himself "Ah I don't need to fix this at the moment, people are still playing". Something similar happened to minecraft from the end of alpha onwards and as some who had as much love for minecraft then as dayz now it was painful to watch.

I play in a group of 3-6 good friends and we never DC as a matter of honour, if you out smart us, out play us and out gun us then by all means have my beans. The last few fights we have been in with organised players have gone completely at odds to that ideal. Take this as an example: We were in Electro for some adrenaline and someone with a M107 turned out to be on dobry, he kills my friend so I try my hardest to return fire with the scoped M16 (I think, the ACOG one or something I forget the designation) needless to say the first few shoots miss though only just, then I tag him once in the torso from the hospital roof annnnnnd insta-DC. This guy is gunning down beanies and everyone in sight but can't take it in return. I don't wish to generalise but this behaviour reeks of younger players drawn in by SOOO EPIKKK XD ZOMBIES XD (I blame yogcast) who can't stand to 'lose' and must 'win' (in a sandbox no less) at any cost. These players don't enjoy the game for the patience and challenge; they just like feeling like they are the best.

If you get killed and lose your gear; go kill them and get it back- can't find them well then start again. And trust me the first rule of Chenarus is you do not own gear, don't get attached to it; you are renting it off of the zombies.

Its getting ridiculous about 90% of my encounters end with a DC on their end, it is getting close to creating a cycle of 'meta' gaming where by DC'ing or worse server hoping has to be done by honest players to even survive against the countless morons who will only engage when 100% safe and alt-F4 when not.

I have no problem with sniping, 'camping' beanie murdering or absolutely anything within the game's boundaries but this exploit MUST be fixed soon for the real community of the game (the guys who will still be here in a year) to actually play again.

The following would end this problem almost completely:

1. 30-60 second wait on logouts. (in an ideal world it could be set per server according to preference much like CH and 3D)

2. Death on logout if bleeding.

3. 10min wait to reconnect to the same server but only if you have connected to a different server in the mean time. (i.e. if you disconnect from server A and connect to server B you can't get back on A for 10mins.)

I don't like badmouthing rocket or implying I know best, he works damn hard; but if that quote someone else put earlier about him not thinking that this is a massive issue is true I can only pray that well thought out and polite posts change his mind.

EDIT: Sorry for the rant.....

Edited by Chris (2)

DCing is really a symptom of the bigger virus. Gear is too easy to get in this game for people to really be THAT attatched to it.

However, most people think it's unfair that players can just click an easy button at any time and ruin their gameplay and progress while they can't. So they likewise click a button as some form of retaliation against the clear development bias. It's wrong, it's exploiting, but that's the problem. If players had a chance to defend themselves, or if any form of tactic other than simply not playing/avoiding/shoot on sight worked, there would be a lot less of these issues. This, unfortunately, is what happens when a developer makes a game and never balances it. Everyone plays what is overpowered because they will win every time, but players who join in and think "yeah, I'm going to roll survivor" are steamrolled by the very game itself, making the game exponentially harder, if not impossible, for players wanting to survive instead of have shootouts ALL (read: ALL) the time. Currently the "best" way to play DayZ as a survivor is to play it as a singleplayer camping simulator, as it achieves maximum survival, but the moment any players get involved, it immediately becomes a shootout. If not your friend over skype, indefinitely the bandit picking people off for giggles as he sits on a hill safe from harm, which is considered the "best" way to play DayZ overall.

Also, seriously guys, I've said this before. Sleeping bag, tollbelt item, 20 second animation, makes a command that kicks the player out of the server, makes the tent making noise so players know they're trying to DC and can rush.

Edited by Virfortis

Honestly i dont give two shits if someone alt-f4s cuz i shot them first. You shouldnt either. The only thing that pisses me off is people who shoot me, then alt-f4s, and people who pvp ghosts(more asshole than just logging).

Also agree wit dis:

DCing is really a symptom of the bigger virus. Gear is too easy to get in this game for people to really be THAT attatched to it.

However, most people think it's unfair that players can just click an easy button at any time and ruin their gameplay and progress while they can't. So they likewise click a button as some form of retaliation against the clear development bias. It's wrong, it's exploiting, but that's the problem. If players had a chance to defend themselves, or if any form of tactic other than simply not playing/avoiding/shoot on sight worked, there would be a lot less of these issues. This, unfortunately, is what happens when a developer makes a game and never balances it. Everyone plays what is overpowered because they will win every time, but players who join in and think "yeah, I'm going to roll survivor" are steamrolled by the very game itself, making the game exponentially harder, if not impossible, for players wanting to survive instead of have shootouts ALL (read: ALL) the time. Currently the "best" way to play DayZ as a survivor is to play it as a singleplayer camping simulator, as it achieves maximum survival, but the moment any players get involved, it immediately becomes a shootout. If not your friend over skype, indefinitely the bandit picking people off for giggles as he sits on a hill safe from harm, which is considered the "best" way to play DayZ overall.

Also, seriously guys, I've said this before. Sleeping bag, tollbelt item, 20 second animation, makes a command that kicks the player out of the server, makes the tent making noise so players know they're trying to DC and can rush.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

hmmm just 10 % leaving when i attacke them maybe im lucky ^^ so i only DCC 10 % too xD

I play on a server til I die. Now that I've witnessed how people are really playing (ie. server hopping all of the good loot spots, hopping to heal and then come back etc) - ALT-F4ing is becoming an attractive option for the average player. I didn't spend the time to get to a lucrative spot to get lambasted by some douche that is surfing servers to pad his loot pile. Screw it. If you're legitimately there sniping from cover or holding the spot down, then I deserve to get ganked. But otherwise... fck that noise. Until the issue is fixed, don't expect your prey to be a purist and die for your server hopping a$$ if you won't do the same thing.

I once ran into a guy and i had a double barrel, he was unarmed. Badass motherfucker just stood there, lucky him I don't shoot on sight.

• Like 1

last night? 400%.

airfield barracks. Guy got the drop on my 2 friends, but was unaware I was in there as well. He backed up just far enough for me to put 2 bursts from my m16 into his head at close range. He was vanished before he'd animated falling halfway down.

No murder/bandit point. Figure screw it, I'll at least loot my buddies, as much as I can save. Server population had dropped down to 5, I knew 2 of them IRL, and the other 2 I'd already seen shot, so I figure I'll camp the barracks and wait for my new friend. Best i'm-not-even-fucking-around face, prone in the yard out front and patience.

about 15 minutes, and here comes idiotboy. He throws a grenade into the barracks... then heads in himself... once he's in the door, I put 2 more bursts in the back of his skull, and again he's gone before he's even animated collapsing, and again I've got no damn kill. I camp the bathroom of the barracks, wait about 20 minutes... and sure enough, i hear movement in the building, he's moved to the back room or thereabouts... i wait... it takes him 5 minutes or so to work up the balls to hop the bench jammed in the door... I unload on him again, he's goes POOF, I'm denied the satisfaction of a kill or any of his sweet sweet loot. I don't even bother to move. I wait prone in a pile of zeds. about 10 minutes... someone on the mic says "HEY, FRIENDLY!" and start creeping in to the barracks. Oh Fr13ndZ0n3, you're so clever with your ploy. I pump the entire clip into his ass, still no kill, and no loot.

Fuck this guy. I've stayed up over an hour late just to satisfy my frustration with this bullshit "tactic" by at least securing a kill, at which I've failed 4 times. Is it possible I didn't land any headshots? Sure, it's possible. 146 zombie kills and only 93 headshots. 3 times had clear, easy shots at close range on a nearly immobile target, I'm sure it's statistically possible I missed every shot. The blood spraying everywhere would seem to indicate otherwise, but what do I know. Clearly this is the intended mechanic of the game.

More and more players have adopted the "just kill everyone" approach, because it is the most logical course of action; more and more players are adopting the alt-f4 approach, because lets face facts here, it happens constantly, and nothing is being done to curb it.

TL;DR - I attempt to secure a kill on the same asshole 4 times, and 4 times he beats the odds and managed to drop before I registered a kill and thus, 400% DC on engage rate.

80%.

If it weren't for headshots/1 shot kills, probably 90%. rofl

• Like 1

I think the real issue with DCing is how cheapening it is for the DCer. Danger? DC. Well, if you want that kind of hand-holding, just load up any other shooter where you can spam F6 to quick save every step. The fun of Day Z is in the threat of losing everything you've earned. Found NVGs in the barracks? Well, now you have to survive getting out of the airfield. Got a treasure trove of loot? Now you have to hide it. Your tent will be found, your vehicles stolen, but you know what? You'll find other people's tents too, and steal their vehicles, so it evens out. That's the fun.

I admit, it took me awhile to realize that. I used to sprint everywhere, picking up a zombie train, then log in/log out to despawn them. But the game got boring quick. Now when a bullet hits near my feet, I try to find the attacker and decide if fight or flight is the best decision. The tension I feel in moments like this does not exist in any other game, period--and that's what makes Day Z special. If you hack, DC to avoid death or re position, you aren't playing the game, you're cheapening it for yourself and others.

I died the other day and lost everything. Coyote backpack. NVGs. Silenced m9+m4. But you know what? The moments before I died were epic. A 2v3 gunfight over a vehicle, blood spouting from the jeep as it drove before the passengers jumped out and died. They all had similar, maybe even better gear, than myself. In the end, my friend managed to escape with the vehicle and reclaim my NVGs, so I'm not naked again (and have regeared almost completely in under a day). Day Z is fun, and it sucks to lose loot, but when you know where to go and have backup, it's not too hard to re-gear.

Edited by Icus
  • Like 3