Sign in to follow this  
BuzzBurridge

Best moment in Dayz ruined by a server restart

Find a helicopter, Kill a few people and have some fun with it, get ready to attack NW Airfield with it, Server restarts with no warning... All of us spawn in the air and die. Helicopter is never seen again :(

Edited by BuzzBurridge

I'm pretty sure that this was a hacked heli. Maybe the admin tried to get rid of them via server restart. Heard something that servers dont spawn any helis because of perfomance issues

Edited by Arock

I didn't think fixable choppers were available in game at the moment.

I'm pretty sure that this was an hacked heli. Maybe the admin tried to get rid of them via server restart. Heard something that servers dont spawn any helis because of perfomance issues

That would explain a lot. It was weird that we found it in the first place. It was a lot of fun while it lasted

Prob reset because there was a chopper griefing unarmed people. Says a lot about you guys.

Edited by Trauma

Serves you right, you used it to hunt players which isn't the main part of DayZ anyway ;p

Prob reset because there was a chopper griefing unarmed people. Says a lot about you guys.

So your saying that if you found a helicopter in dayz wouldn't get in it, fly around and shoot people?

"We were innocently flying around the server with a hacked chopter ruining the game for everyone going up and down the coast with our gammas set to 100 at night chain gunning people down every time they spawned and some ASSHOLE restarted the server! What an ASSHOLE!"

Because surely you didn't ruin anyone else's "best moments" in the game with your hacked chopper...

Edited by trashcanman
  • Like 2

I enjoy how you "happened" to find a chopper and "happened" to know how to cheat three people onto a gun. I'm calling bullshit.

Because the server becomes unplayable. I myself and I'm sure 40-60% of people are OK with banditry here and there, even if it happens most of the time, but the line ends at using a hacked chopper to grief and kill everything.

If you want to have fun in the same way, then create a mission in the mission editor with a ton of ai soldiers. Job done.

Edit: Watched the video: a "mysterious glitch" and thought that "helicopters were removed" I'm not accusing you of anything, but that has a distinct smell of fish.

Edited by Sticker704
  • Like 1

If this is the kind of gameplay you enjoy I would suggest you try playing vanilla ARMA 2.

Good, you deserved to fall to your deaths.

I think everyone is missing the point of DayZ... It's called an anti-game thus has no structure or goal or specific "this is how it should be played." There is no proof that these people hacked the helicopter in. As far as the gun mounted on it and using it... idk. But most of you guys are berating them for their choice of use. Would you give them such a hard time if they'd used the helicopter to fly around giving out med supplies? Prooobably not.

Gamma and Brightness settings really need to be limited to '1'. inb4 "i need a high gamma because my colours are faded baww" buy a new monitor then.

But most of you guys are berating them for their choice of use. Would you give them such a hard time if they'd used the helicopter to fly around giving out med supplies? Prooobably not.

Yeah, cause gaming the system to put three gunners on a single gun isn't cheating. Surely that doesn't mean they hacked that chopper in.....

I think YOU missed the point of Dayz, and let me point it out to you, it's not about cheating. In case you didn't know. Or are stupid. Whichever.

So your saying that if you found a helicopter in dayz wouldn't get in it, fly around and shoot people?

Not unarmed people on the coast, no.

Edited by Trauma

Major firefight over a heli crash outside of Stary. Sniper scope in revealed an as50 at the crash, but nobody could get near it. When the dust cleared, one of the only ones left standing, running towards the crash only to realize it was exactly 5, when the regularly scheduled restart hit. One of those FML moments, but it was still a blast up to the restart.

edited for wrong area

Edited by Redshift