Sign in to follow this  
jeg1991@live.co.uk

Plain and simple: PvE

Excuse me if I sound hostile on the subject, but I'm hacked off the number of times people are killing me for absolutely no reason. Why no reason?? I HAVE NOTHING ON ME.

Let's see...

So far I've had someone shoot me in the legs and leave me to die, someone attempt to shoot me as I fled from zombies, and many more deaths when I'm casually dodging zombies looting rooms and BAM I'm dead.

Needless to say I am ticked off at this point in time because it just happened yet again, and it happens every, God, damn, time.

OK, people killing for beans? That's how it should be? No. I'm fed up of getting shot from nowhere and some other git is looting my body taking a whole packet of NOTHING.

All I want to do, is "survive" with my friends. Trying to locate them is hard enough, finding decent equipment without being killed by another douche? Harder.

So, I ask this. Why can't we have PvE servers where friendly fire is off?? Ok, a multitude of people will say "that's not the real experience" but what I say, is I'm fed up of this killing when I'm defenseless and constantly dying to these [insert profanity]. I'd be happier knowing I don't have to worry about some troll killing me. If we can't have PvE, why not, and what's being implemented to prevent this "it's a survivor, I'll just kill him for the hell of it"?? If we can have it, can we have it soon please?? I want to survive zombies NOT trolls. I have to put up with them in enough games thank you.

(I made this account just to post this. Sorry if this has been posted before)

(Also, I enjoy the game, just not the trolls)

I play with a group of 10-15 friends. We have Mumble and all play together sometimes on the same servers, everyone outside of our group is KOS IF WE FEEL LIKE IT. If we can get amusement or loot from gunning another group of bandits or a survivor down we do it. If someone is unarmed or far away from us and not interferring with our objectives sometimes we choose to let them live. This is a SANDBOX game where you can do whatever the hell you want.

Moral of the story? Make some friends.

No.

A million times no.

If you have 'PVE' servers you will end up with one out of two, terrible scenarios that are inescapable:

1: people can transition freely between PVE and PVP servers. Loot will be farmed on PVE servers, making loot worthless and removing consequence from death completely.

2: people cannot transition freely between PVE and PVP servers. The community will be split in two, with constant forum e-wars and bullshit.

The game is an open-world sandbox where you can do whatever you want. The risk is the same for everyone, making the game tense and making loot valuable. If you change that, you break the game and turn it into a run-of-the-mill shooter.

Most MMORPGs have this concept working, you only have to remove the ability to jump from server to server so servers can finally have regular players instead of loot hunters.

What happens to your gear if your server is full/down/gone? this is not a mmorpg.

Also people can't see into your backpack that you have NOTHING. Maybe you hid your gun and will equip it when the player turns his back thinking "he doesn't have a gun".

What happens to your gear if your server is full/down/gone? this is not a mmorpg.

Also people can't see into your backpack that you have NOTHING. Maybe you hid your gun and will equip it when the player turns his back thinking "he doesn't have a gun".

Counterquestion what happens when the hive is broken and all data is lost? Of course the safest server would be one of a big community that already exists for a long period of time and not someone who just wants to host a server because he can use it as a personal playground, those are locked anyway.

Edited by Enforcer

I don't see the harm of having both PVP and PVE servers, an about the looting, just have a different inventory for both PVE and PVP servers, that way neither PVP loot can get into PVE servers, or PVE loot into PVP server. People who want to play PVE go to PVE server, if you don't want to, go to PVP :P

i`d like to see PvE servers, but the game by itself doesnt have enough challenge for PvE only server.

lets face it: a new player after 10-15 death understands how to snek and avoid zombies, just gets some tools, weapons and food. then he goes to military base and gets best weapons for him. and what next? obvious - shoot players. why? because the is no challenge: zombies spawns only in towns and etc. which is boring, ofc you can agrro a whole city and shoot, but they will respawn very soon. so you even wont notice what you did, except wasted ammo. and this will gets boring too.

if there was some PvE content: deadlier zombies, more zombie spawn areas. random horde invasion, some npc interactions like civilian rescue and/or evac etc. then we would talk about PvE servers,

There should be 2 types of servers PvE and PvP. You can have two lives so you can't just go loot on PvE servers then go kill people on PvP servers. PvE servers should have harder/faster/stronger zombies.

Your tears are delicious.

If you can't handle the fire, stay out of the kitchen... so to speak.

Yes I've had my fair share of deaths, pointless, fruitless and downright retarded deaths. It never made me come on the forums and cry like a child. It made me adapt.

Tips: Avoid major cities and settlements, especially on the coast. If you want loot? Risk-reward and all that kazooie.

There should be 2 types of servers PvE and PvP. You can have two lives so you can't just go loot on PvE servers then go kill people on PvP servers. PvE servers should have harder/faster/stronger zombies.

You realize all this would do is making farming incredibly easy and completely break "PvP servers" right?

What are you going to do without the pvp aspect? Backpedal and kill zombies while you farm endless amounts of gear on easymode? Please, play the game properly or leave, we honestly don't need this level of carebearism

Excuse me if I sound hostile on the subject, but I'm hacked off the number of times people are killing me for absolutely no reason. Why no reason?? I HAVE NOTHING ON ME.

Let's see...

So far I've had someone shoot me in the legs and leave me to die, someone attempt to shoot me as I fled from zombies, and many more deaths when I'm casually dodging zombies looting rooms and BAM I'm dead.

Needless to say I am ticked off at this point in time because it just happened yet again, and it happens every, God, damn, time.

OK, people killing for beans? That's how it should be? No. I'm fed up of getting shot from nowhere and some other git is looting my body taking a whole packet of NOTHING.

All I want to do, is "survive" with my friends. Trying to locate them is hard enough, finding decent equipment without being killed by another douche? Harder.

So, I ask this. Why can't we have PvE servers where friendly fire is off?? Ok, a multitude of people will say "that's not the real experience" but what I say, is I'm fed up of this killing when I'm defenseless and constantly dying to these [insert profanity]. I'd be happier knowing I don't have to worry about some troll killing me. If we can't have PvE, why not, and what's being implemented to prevent this "it's a survivor, I'll just kill him for the hell of it"?? If we can have it, can we have it soon please?? I want to survive zombies NOT trolls. I have to put up with them in enough games thank you.

Read the interviews by Rocket, the guy who made this mod. PVE servers are not going to happen. I'd say there's a better chance of the zombies pulled from the game, then for PVE servers.

As for you having nothing - anybody who shoots you doesn't know that. Maybe you don't have a gun. You might have something in your toolbelt I want. You might have Who knows what you might have in your backpack. I might desperately need a can of Beans, or Soda (at time's I've gone to almost flashing red without even being able to find one. if you just spawned, maybe I need some painkillers or im out of bandages. Then there is the risk factor. If I let you go, what's to say your not going to find a gun in the next room, and shoot me for my stuff? Every player you haven't made friends with is an extreme threat.

And then there's just plain the thrill of shooting another player. Not for stuff. Not for bragging rights. Just for the thrill. I get a thrill from "hunting" players in this game unlike any other game I have ever played. Even the constant intense action of a shooter like BF3 doesn't come close to comparing. When I see a player a couple of hundred metres off, my heart starts racing. Can I sneak up to him, and get the drop on him? Or do I just risk losing my stuff. It's damn hard to resist and most times I don't. And it doesn't work out well for me alot of the time. One of the most memorable times for me in this game was hunting down a player who was heading for Balota. All I had was a Makarov. He was long ways off, but wasn't checking around him. I ran towards him, dodging for cover behind trees, so that he wouldn't see me if looked back. As I got closer, I wondered, should I risk shooting at the edge of the guns range, or take the risk of getting up real close. I chose the later. He seemed was crouched and looking fwd, probably checking his pack. I got a few feet behind him and my heart was literally pounding just before I unloaded. Silly, as it's just a game, but no other game does that for me.

There's ways to avoid getting killed as you describe. Find you freinds and head inland. Once you spawn, head for the treeline at least; don't go running through the costal towns til you are all grouped up and have weapons.

I agree with you though about being defenseless. I would perfer it if we all started with a makarov. I think that was a pretty fair start, and gave the newly spawned player at least a chance against other players. At the very least I think we should spawn with a crowbar or some weak melee weapon - spawning and not being able to defend yourself at all, is a bit too much in my opinion. But I'll still play either way.

Seems like a good suggestion. Some people do not like pvp at all, why shouldn't they enjoy the survival aspect of the game in a pve environment. Obviously it would have to be a ton harder with far more zombies and far less loot spawns. And clearly no migration of characters between pve and pvp would be allowed.

As it currently stands its not really an open sandbox zombie apocalypse survival game as alot of people were hoping but rather simply a pvp deathmatch game with some zombies thrown in. Pretty much just arma2 with zombies.

I'm sure I'd play both.

I don't see the harm of having both PVP and PVE servers, an about the looting, just have a different inventory for both PVE and PVP servers, that way neither PVP loot can get into PVE servers, or PVE loot into PVP server. People who want to play PVE go to PVE server, if you don't want to, go to PVP :P

+1

Seems like a good suggestion. Some people do not like pvp at all, why shouldn't they enjoy the survival aspect of the game in a pve environment. Obviously it would have to be a ton harder with far more zombies and far less loot spawns. And clearly no migration of characters between pve and pvp would be allowed.

As it currently stands its not really an open sandbox zombie apocalypse survival game as alot of people were hoping but rather simply a pvp deathmatch game with some zombies thrown in. Pretty much just arma2 with zombies.

I'm sure I'd play both.

But this game has a set of core features that just won't be removed. It's like going to BF3 and asking to remove guns from the game, it will never happen. Go google rocket rezzed interview to see where he intends to go with this mod and its definitely not pve.

But this game has a set of core features that just won't be removed. It's like going to BF3 and asking to remove guns from the game, it will never happen. Go google rocket rezzed interview to see where he intends to go with this mod and its definitely not pve.

Well yes I know that, that's why this is posted in suggestions. People like pve, simple as that. If rocket wanted this game to appeal to a larger audience then having both would provide that. ATM he doesn't and that's his lookout.

And your analogy is so far off it's like finding 20 year old bread thats been left behind a sofa.

Let's see...

I can survive a whole week pretty easily alone, with friends it is harder because you're bringing more attention on you, but if you and your friends are good enough and know how to avoid bad situations, you will survive.

You need more practise, that's all.

EDIT : Also try finding 20-30 players servers

Edited by Bat

Several problems with this idea:

Originality: What would distinguish DayZ from any zombie games already released if there was PVP and PVE.

Choice: You are currently forced to deal with other peoples, wether you like it or not. This is extremely rare in the videogame industry because most games try to avoid frustrating the player. By having a PVE option, most if the community will flock to these servers, not because they don't like to PvP, but simply because, given the choice they rather fight when they want, rather than when the attacker wants.

The result will be pretty simple: PVP servers will turn into a complete CoD style deathmatch, because if you are here, there can be only one reason why.

Most MMO that offered an open PvP system became worse when due to community demands, they added non PvP servers.

TL;DR: adding PVE servers will create a watered down side of DayZ and compeltely destroy the PVP side of it.

I don't really want complete PvE and PvP but...

A lot of you are saying it's not an MMO...

If it's not an MMO its an FPS. FPS's always have a server toggle for friendly fire or not.

I say let servers choose. If no one likes PvE servers then the server owners will keep it on PvP.

Really, if the majority of you don't like PvE then the majority of servers will be PvP. Make server default PvP and let the admins decide if they want to change it.

I don't really want complete PvE and PvP but...

A lot of you are saying it's not an MMO...

If it's not an MMO its an FPS. FPS's always have a server toggle for friendly fire or not.

I say let servers choose. If no one likes PvE servers then the server owners will keep it on PvP.

Really, if the majority of you don't like PvE then the majority of servers will be PvP. Make server default PvP and let the admins decide if they want to change it.

It's not a democracy tho, it's Rocket and the dev team who decide what the game is, not you or me or the server hosts.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

The game is PVP. Without it seriously what is the point. Do you enjoy shooting zombies that much ? 40/50 kills in and id be bored to shit and turn it off. The whole point of the game is those heart pounding gun fights where you dont know where the sniper is, and he's picking off your team one by one. Only to give away his position at the last minute for you to pop one in his cranium. That my friend is DayZ. Zombies are the canvas. We are the picture.

This is a bad idea for the simple fact that everyone on a pvp server will be killing each other constantly. It might seem like that already, but you'd be surprised the amount of people who see you, could kill you, but let you go. We need the type of people who enjoy just surviving on the servers to maintain some kind of balance between constant combat, and relaxing situations.