Necrofix

World too big for own good?

"To big of a map with not enough players" That puts a lot of fun into the game you could start Day Z and go a long time without seeing somebody when you do you have no idea whether to shoot or talk.

Decreasing the map size to pander to the whims of a CoD PvP FFA FPS DM KoS numpty would be a definite step backwards in my opinion. It would make DayZ just another shooter... Yawn! The huge (in game terms) environment is one of the things that helps DayZ (& ARMA2) stand out from the crowd.

Bigger Maps. Different Maps. This is where I would like to see DayZ headed. Not down the road to conformist mediocrity.

OP. Bad Idea. Maybe you are better suited to a different game!

Agreed. There are several very large environments/maps with Arma2. Chernorus is the best for Zombies though becasue of the terrain. There is a lot a cover when one is out of the main towns of buildings. Navigation (once people learn the old revived skill of map reading and navigating by contour line and landmark) is managable. There is a good variety of settlement sizes. Some of the desert landscapes would be very difficult with Dayz because the huge open expanses with no cover (i.e. Takistan wouldn't work). Nogova would work nicely though. Panthera and Tora Bora as well.

Though I would rather this be "perfected" and improved before anything else map-wise is worked on.

The map is more or less perfect size for 100 players. With more than 100 players it would be too crowded and with 50 or less player interaction away from the coast is few and far between.

That's sort of what I enjoy. It feels more doomy to me that way. I don't really want the north to be as chaotic as the south.

I would say the map could need more space and some more important loot points like the NW airfield

I would say the map could need more space and some more important loot points like the NW airfield

Everything you can get at the NW airfield you can get elsewhere. It just takes more time and more being careful in the travels. The NW airfield is only famious becasue every new player wants to go there after seeing youtube videos and forum posts about the NW airfield.

I stay away from there and always have good equipment. Just have to learn what buildings give loot and how to become self sufficient.

Everything you can get at the NW airfield you can get elsewhere. It just takes more time and more being careful in the travels. The NW airfield is only famious becasue every new player wants to go there after seeing youtube videos and forum posts about the NW airfield.

I stay away from there and always have good equipment. Just have to learn what buildings give loot and how to become self sufficient.

You are wrong.

Some of the very top end military hardware can ONLY be found at the NW airfield.

Mega disagree, map is too small IMHO

Edited by EnermaX

Try to hide a tent or a vehicle and you will see how small this map actually is^^

This :)

My clan has nightmares moving camps and hiding vehicles. Hell, the last time we went looking for a new camp site we stumbles across 3-4 other camp sites, 2 of them large enough to be clan sites. ... Needless to say we looted them mercilessly.

Me and a friend were playing a couple days ago on a server with 4 players on it. My friend thought he was safe to just run and gun and got sniped in Stary checking the military tents.

Map is too small, I'd say. Places like Stary and NWA has like near 100% chance of encounter.

You are wrong.

Some of the very top end military hardware can ONLY be found at the NW airfield.

What can you get up there that isn't available at either the other airfields or in the spawns of military vehicles/helicopters around the map?

I love how cod kids come here and complain on how the map is too big, well i got some bad news for you, they aint changing that for you, it's not cod, it was never meant to be like cod and it will never be like cod! So do your self a favor and go preorder mw3...