Sign in to follow this  
Slyguy65

I hit the mother load...then bam

who cares - combat DC'ing is the real problem

^This i already explained how i play...what my defenition of "server hopping" is and i know for a fact i am the lesser evil when comparing me to a lot of others.

I don't see how not having a "home" server is a problem. I can understand the hate for people who get in firefights, DC, join a different server, move to a better location, rejoin the previous server, and kill the other person. Or people who loot horde by continuosuly hopping near a loot spawn. But for just picking a new server to play in every day? What the fuck are you guys getting so pissed about?

• Like 1

I don't see how not having a "home" server is a problem. I can understand the hate for people who get in firefights, DC, join a different server, move to a better location, rejoin the previous server, and kill the other person. Or people who loot horde by continuosuly hopping near a loot spawn. But for just picking a new server to play in every day? What the fuck are you guys getting so pissed about?

Ya there just mad cause i hop 1-3 times in a session (rarely even play right now) instead of choosing just one cause apparently if you don't find what your looking for on one server its forbidden to check other servers....

I seriously doubt. That people are having issues with someone playing on different servers from time to time, but more that people have issues with people "hopping" to different servers to gain the maximum "loot". Ie. Loot one place, then join another server to loot again.

It's basicly the same issue as someone who starts a firefight with someone and then quickly DCs and then puts himself somewhere at an advantage point and logs back into the same server again, and kills someone.

So im server hopping

You didn't deserve the loot anyway. So GG server.

Also people when you have played since the beginning...starting all over again just gets repetative...sorry i can't just play the exact same way forever and ever god forbid i find different play style that is fun or entertaining. i dont find enjoyment from PVP like 90% of the community i like finding peoples stashes and picking them a bit.

P.S the place i survey is quite large it isn't just a montain its more like a circle maybe 1 or 2km in diameter, and i travel between "spots" to see what people hide...its fun to see the amounts of loot for example these guys have satchel charges...about 15 of them....yaaa are those even legit.

I also find more enjoyment in scouting for other's camps. However I suggest more running/driving around one server as that is actually legit. I do it all the time when I play and I find a lot of camps (less vehicles lately, though). <-To be fair, though, I play a lot of hours each day. Had I only spent ~3 hours a day playing, then I would likely be a lot less lucky with my finds.

But when I do find camps, it's usually more or less a birthday party with NVG's, GPS's, camos, ghillies and top tier weapons. That is why I do it rather than go die at barracks or Stary. I'm done with those half-raids :P I play solo usually.

Don't have to server-hop. Exploring--while slow--is a fun part of the game. Biggest downside is the map feels smaller and you lose the sensation of finding new locations after a while. Can't wait for underground structures and/or a bigger map.

Also, about the ethical part of hopping: it's quite unfair to raid someones camp and moving to the next server. It eliminates the "resident's" ability to protect his camp or hunt the scavenger down.

I experienced this the other day. I had raided a camp west of Kamenka (it had a lot of goodies and some car parts/fuel cans) and was peddling onwards, bearing NW, when a car comes from my opposite direction (probably the owner of the camp, considering the fuel cans, etc). Needless to say he quickly came to a halt and started unloading at me, while I zig-zag'ed as fast and hard as I could while the bullets where planted everywhere around my tyres. I escaped alive and without a single bullethole in me or my bike as his car was no match in the forests and plains to my bicycle. Thank the stars there is no stamina system implemented yet :P

Edited by Athrins

Ya there just mad cause i hop 1-3 times in a session (rarely even play right now) instead of choosing just one cause apparently if you don't find what your looking for on one server its forbidden to check other servers....

Because it's total realistic to hop dimensions

Seriously though. If you feel the need to "server hop" because "you don#t find what you are looking for" the mod is not for you. It's also considered an exploit.

Just because you are a lesser evil than cheaters or combat dc, doesnt mean it is intented to be played that way or that it isn't an exploit.

There is no big deal in not having a homeserver, but it is definetly not intended that you just hop to another one during a session, just to check the same lootspots (or camps) again and i hope they will implement something hindering people from server hopping.

Well, on the other hand, why does it bother me that you play that way? It doesn't actually, it's just a matter of principles i guess. i just can't understand players that do stuff like that to get what they want the easy way...

So im server hopping

Say again?

Just to add, I have nothing against server hopping :]. It makes the game super interesting, and means you can (when hive is workign) have a constant world state that we call share, ongoing and very immersive. So many whiners/carebears. Ugh.

Sorry you got skanked OP :[, no es bueno.

Just to add, I have nothing against server hopping :]. It makes the game super interesting, and means you can (when hive is workign) have a constant world state that we call share, ongoing and very immersive. So many whiners/carebears. Ugh.

yep. its super interesting to join a server, walk 3 hours to the airfield, only to find it looted by some dude who logged out on the airfield on some other server, and then proceeded to loot the server you are on, generously leaving you makarov ammo. its also great to shoot someone, have them disconect, server hop and kill you from behind. so immersive.

yep. its super interesting to join a server, walk 3 hours to the airfield, only to find it looted by some dude who logged out on the airfield on some other server, and then proceeded to loot the server you are on, generously leaving you makarov ammo. its also great to shoot someone, have them disconect, server hop and kill you from behind. so immersive.

You'd sooner have all your data stored on one single server, one character per server?. And hope that server remains stable, never breaks, or goes down, etc?. What do you propose?. You're talking negatively about what is (essentially, and definately, for a LARGE part fo the player base) an actual bona fide part of this great game :].

Just because a few carebears don't care for it, and because they're the most vocal, doesn't make it wrong.

Admitted server hopper comes on forums and complains. Then gets upset that the community doesn't approve of server hopping. Tries to justify it by saying the game is getting old and boring, yet all he does is hold onto his gear and jump servers looking for tents. Pretty funny, would make a good comic.

To the above poster, yes, having 1 or two characters per server is a good idea. You remove server hopping. You remove groups of people finding high end guns in different servers, then flooding into one server with all of their high end loot. It makes tents and camps more viable. There are dozens of reasons as to why it is a good idea. If the server crashes, the admins will get it back up. If not you can start somewhere else. You could even build up two or three characters across two or three different servers in the event something like that happened. It makes a lot of features the game currently has more viable, and the only real downside people can think of is "what happens if the server crashes". That isn't really a justifiable reason to prevent it from being implemented. There are way more pros than cons.

Edited by Zipper -82ndAB-

You'd sooner have all your data stored on one single server, one character per server?. And hope that server remains stable, never breaks, or goes down, etc?. What do you propose?. You're talking negatively about what is (essentially, and definately, for a LARGE part fo the player base) an actual bona fide part of this great game :].

Just because a few carebears don't care for it, and because they're the most vocal, doesn't make it wrong.

No, it's not about carebears. You are playing the game in a way that is not intended -> you are exploiting. Easy as that.

Just that a lot of people are doing it doesn't make it right in any way.

While i would not like to have my data stored on a single server, i would love to see a timer implemented that doesn't let you join another server than the first one you played for X amount of minutes after you logged out from the server.

edit:

here you go

I have a well designed and tested mechanic for preventing server hopping. It's quite simple and very effective.

However, it is disabled currently as it places slight strain on master server and we're currently removing that as much as possible.

Says it all? Rocket doesn't want server hopping.

Edited by Slitter
  • Like 1

Dude, the reason you are getting so much negative backlash is because this is shunned upon by the developers of the game itself and is considered cheating. People aren't bitching at you for their health, their bitching because you are openly admitting to exploiting a mechanic, yes...EXPLOITING, and you have no problems with it. Get a clue dude.

• Like 1

Is it considered server hopping when you pick a different server to play in every time you log in for the day?

Ofcourse not. Its the act of disconnecting to avoid being killed by zombies/players, or to get easy access to lots of loot after you travel to a good location.

• Like 1

The entire point of this game is to be a real zombie apocalypse experience server hoppers like you ruin the game for everyone else. You should be banned.

Maybe you don't play as much because it would be pretty boring checking the same 1-2km2 area for loot then jumping on another server and doing it all again.

I don't understand how you are trying to justify this style of game play.

Has nothing to do with your growth. Has to do with what people want to achieve, and who they need to get there. Anything less will just result in a hindered project.

You deserved it

you're calling me a carebear for being against exploits? lol i'm a bandit PK'er. i couldn't be further from a carebear. server hopping for loot and kills, and combat logging are publicly recognized exploits by the comunity and the dev team. the fact that the abuse of these exploits became a part of gameplay for the majority atm, doesn't change that its still an exploit.