Sign in to follow this  
Sputnik (DayZ)

6 months in Alpha state....

You act like six months is a long time for a game to be in alpha.

• Like 2

You act like six months is a long time for a game to be in alpha.

Yeah, it's pretty long. Average game lifespan is about a year, especially with Arma 3 around the corner! Edited by Sputnik

Yeah, it's pretty long.

Not anywhere close to long - especially for an indie game/mod. Hell, even the big studious go into Alpha for numerous months before beta testing, and they have millions invested into scripting/art/sound. Rocket is doing this himself, without any multi-million dollar backers.

Natural Selection 2. Unknown Worlds Entertainment robbed all of us who preordered.

Edited by goodfellarocco

Not anywhere close to long - especially for an indie game/mod. Hell, even the big studious go into Alpha for numerous months before beta testing, and they have millions invested into scripting/art/sound. Rocket is doing this himself, without any multi-million dollar backers.

Not only that but as far as I know it's only Rocket working on this.

Yeah, it's pretty long. Average game lifespan is about a year, especially with Arma 3 around the corner!

Yeah, when you have a team of 300 Coders, Artists, Animators and etc working on the game.

Going by what Rocket said i don't think will see a beta, I think the next step they will take is a StandAlone version, This as stated by him over and over is an "experiment"

Indie you said? Maybe not, plus it's a matured software... Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining... I just think it's polished enough to be Beta version the way it is right now.

When they get all the current bugs sorted out I think the game is ready for the shelves. Betas are usually for games that don't have open alphas and need the user feedback to find all the bugs. This instance there are already over 600k unique player ID's so I think the feedback has been gotten. No need for beta as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, when you have a team of 300 Coders, Artists, Animators and etc working on the game.

You must be talking about games like BF3 then? Well BF3 is more broken then DayZ, being an almost a one year old official release!

any guess when we reach Release version? Or at least Beta?

As long as lots of underlying logic, core mechanics and frameworks are missing it won't go into beta.

Average game lifespan is about a year.

... Just what the hell have you been playing?

Even ARMA 2 was released in 2009, and it's pretty damn alive 3 years later.

Alpha = creating new content

Beta = squashing bugs

Once those 2 are done then the game will be released in whatever medium. Or not.

Anyone telling you they know what is going to happen is a fool because not even Rocket/BIS knows yet.

Edited by DayZPvP.com

... Just what the hell have you been playing?

Even ARMA 2 was released in 2009, and it's pretty damn alive 3 years later.

Average Edited by Sputnik

Actually, he's not doing it "Alone" do try to remember Ander, Shawn, Dwarden etc ...

Actually, he's not doing it "Alone" do try to remember Ander, Shawn, Dwarden etc ...

As far as I know those are just forum moderators, not developers.