rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

The best way I can describe zombie aggro is as "inconsistent."

At times it's a simple matter of staying low and behind them, other times they seem to aggro out of nowhere.

For example, I was shooting zombies from around 50-75 meters away and not aggroing nearby zombies, but another time from similar ranges zombies just kept aggroing.

The weird thing is that it should have been more difficult to aggro while shooting in the rain, right?

Yeah I've been noticing the same sort of behaviour.

I was just playing on a server at night time, and sometimes I could sneak right behind them, other times they came running at me from behind walls.

They're pretty easy to confuse though, I actually ran around cherno with a hatchet at one point, and managed to do just fine, running around killing every zed I saw.. It was a fun life! :)

Edited by Cyanyde

I was not able to get the game to run with 94945, most likely because most servers haven't updated to that version yet. each time I would try to join, the game would hang. when I switched back to 94876, joining was fine

How do I "go back" to version 94876? Do I just DL and run it? I'm having the same issue now, can't connect to any server... thanks in advance!

For some reason there's one server I am able to connect to with beta 94945. I also had to update BattleEye manually to be able to join it again after they upgraded to 1.7.2.3 because I was getting the "Battleye Initialization Failed" bug. (all other servers worked fine without it)

Hiya, issues with this patch - 1.7.2.3 DayZ, patch OA_Build_94945 - Have tried joining several servers ANZ (5, 9 & 3), NZ (1, 4 & 9), US (??? - sorry) all with the same result - Waiting for host freeze. Gave each server a good chance, around 10 - 15 mins, but no joy. Is it just me or are there others?

• Like 1

For some reason there's one server I am able to connect to with beta 94945. I also had to update BattleEye manually to be able to join it again after they upgraded to 1.7.2.3 because I was getting the "Battleye Initialization Failed" bug. (all other servers worked fine without it)

same here... im stuck in waiting for host.. probably the only solution would be to reinstall the whole game and thats .... shitty if you bought it via steam - 16gb download takes even with 3mb/s a while

• Like 1

Hiya, issues with this patch - 1.7.2.3 DayZ, patch OA_Build_94945 - Have tried joining several servers ANZ (5, 9 & 3), NZ (1, 4 & 9), US (??? - sorry) all with the same result - Waiting for host freeze. Gave each server a good chance, around 10 - 15 mins, but no joy. Is it just me or are there others?

same

Played 1.7.2.3 for some hours, mostly worked fine though some desync was present again like 1.6 though I've no idea if this is server side as it was a full 50 man server.

Zombie detection is fine and isn't that bad though we did get some frozen zombies in the larger towns. The animation of some being half in the ground and breaking your legs 25% of the time is also fixed which is nice. Monkey zombies need 4-5 revolver rounds sometimes to put them down, don't know why, maybe it was just lag.

Ammo clips still replenish which is getting a little annoying, would be nice to get short on ammo as a high powered rifle with infinite ammo is overpowered.

Didn't notice any other issues.

94945 beta isn't as stable as previous beta. Use 94876.

this worked for me could patch back to 94876 now im not anymore stuck in the wait for host screen

ty

same here... im stuck in waiting for host.. probably the only solution would be to reinstall the whole game and thats .... shitty if you bought it via steam - 16gb download takes even with 3mb/s a while

I think you misunderstood me. There is one server that I am able to connect to with the 94945 beta patch (and incidentally it's the one where I have all my gear stored on, hehe) while every other server locks you up at loading. I guess this server's admins did something right?

Dead god people, if you're going to use this thread as a bug report thread, which you shouldn't be doing, tell us which freaking beta and DayZ version you are running. Your complaints are literally of zero value unless we know which versions you are running.

Edited by cherocha
  • Like 2

Zombie hearing is definitely bonked. You can shoot them with an AK-74 from 50 meters out, and they don't aggro even if you hit them! Makarov is like a silenced pistol now, literally I see no difference to using it and M9 SD when it comes to zombie aggro.

I'm using a ghillie suit I had in inventory from 1.7.1.5 without problems.

However, camo and ghillies are gone from the loot tables according to third party sites. Is this correct?

So...lost a character to (insert Alpha remark), forced to respawn, which wasn't too much of an issue.

Play for a day or so. Log back in yesterday, I'm back in my old character with the complete loadout I'd gathered. Woohoo! Rollback!

Play all though yesterday with no issues; played on about three or four servers spread across the AM and PM.

Log in this morning and I'm a new spawn on all servers?!? Anyone else had this? How many separate Hive entries do I have now?

DayZ - 1.7.2.3 (updated from experimental 1.7.2.1)

Beta - 94876

Edited by DoctorWrongpipes

I honestly don't think these "performance tweaks" are even helping. As soon as I reach a major town such as Elektro or Cherno, my framerates plummet to near unplayable. It's starting to get on my nerves, this mod is amazing and has great potential, but the fact that the performance seems to be getting worse than it is better is making me lose interest in the mod. I understand that it is in alpha stage, but it should at least be playable with decent framerates. (Which is has been in past patches, but seems to be deteriorating in my opinion.)

There is simple fix to be able to play with latest arma2 beta 94945.

Just download Battleye update v1.61.94945+ from here http://www.battleye.com/download.html , put it into your arma 2 operation arrowhead \ expansions \ battleye and then you can join and play !

Thanks Hombre, Sorry for the late reply. Have just tried the above, but it still doesn't seem to work. I quit steam completely before I overwrote the files, then restarted it. I still seem to be having the same problem.

I can play still through six launcher though so not a major problem.

I've normally logged into the server. i had all my gear, except my ghillie suit, which I have had on 1.7.1.5.

Edited by Bambucha

Update to my earlier bafflement at character loss/reset: It seems that it might have something to do with individual servers being updated. If you spawn on the beach with nothing, after rolling with high-end swag and a bag of tasty beefs, hit respawn and you should reconnect with your previous, fully/reasonably pimped character.

It seems that you may have to do this on separate servers, though. Still, at least I've got back my trusty sniper rifle, 'Betty'... :D

Beta 94876

Dayz 1.7.2.3

I walked up on a sheep and shot it, and instantly started gutting the meat. Before my guy could finish this action the sheep disappeared, with the meat. I was right next to the sheep when I shot him too, it's not like I was sniping sheep's or anything.

Beta 94876

Dayz 1.7.2.3

I walked up on a sheep and shot it, and instantly started gutting the meat. Before my guy could finish this action the sheep disappeared, with the meat. I was right next to the sheep when I shot him too, it's not like I was sniping sheep's or anything.

Happened to me aswell.. same beta same dayz version, had flashing red food icon and decided to axe a wild animal, but they all just vanish before I am able to finish gutting them..

Edited by FDFJ

Happened to me aswell.. same beta same dayz version, had flashing red food icon and decided to axe a wild animal, but they all just vanish before I am able to finish gutting them..

Same here seems to happen with all animals.