rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Is anyone else having an issue with 'passive' zombies, like go shoulder to shoulder with one, or could this be a server issue?

Happened to me today. I was able to run through a town, right past zombies, and they didn't even react. Only happened on one server though.

With all the people who shelled out cash to buy ARMA 2 in order to play DayZ, you'd think that they'd at least have a mirror site for the beta downloads at this point.

I know, I need to get a life. I should do something else until the load on the BI site is reduced, but with all the publicity this (DayZ) is bringing to them, I'd think they might spring for some additional resources to support the mod which has reinvigorated the sales of ARMA 2. It would just be a nice nod towards good customer service.

shrug

heres a 3rd party link

http://files.dao.nu/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip

With all the people who shelled out cash to buy ARMA 2 in order to play DayZ, you'd think that they'd at least have a mirror site for the beta downloads at this point.

I know, I need to get a life. I should do something else until the load on the BI site is reduced, but with all the publicity this (DayZ) is bringing to them, I'd think they might spring for some additional resources to support the mod which has reinvigorated the sales of ARMA 2. It would just be a nice nod towards good customer service.

shrug

They have a mirror site. Just check their forums http://forums.bistud...(1-61-MP-build)

Official mirror is here http://www.gamefront...Build_95099.zip

Greets

EDIT: Forgot to mention you need to wait until BattlEye supports Build 95099 though. Dwarden usually updates the post when BE support is added.

Edited by peters

problems i've noticed with 1.7.2.3 using arma2 oa 876 something beta patch

-often i got stuck on "loading" i sometimes have to ctrl + alt +delete to exit.

- sometimes animals don't leave meat.

- occasional heavy lag spikes/freezes of other players

-dead player bodies seem to disappear too fast sometimes.

Edited by Zorg

How do I get the latest battleeye update?

When installing Beta Patch Build 95099 or above you no longer need to update BattlEye manually because the Beta Patch includes the latest BattlEye version. However if you still want to install it manually goto http://www.battleye.com/download.html and follow the instructions.

Ignore that, how do I revert back to 95054?

Delete the beta folder inside your Arma2OA\Expansion folder and install Beta Patch Build 95054.

Edited by peters

When installing Beta Patch Build 95099 or above you no longer need to update BattlEye manually because the Beta Patch includes the latest BattlEye version. However if you still want to install it manually goto http://www.battleye.com/download.html and follow the instructions.

Whenever I try to connect to the server I get a message along the lines of "kicked by battleeye: wrong version"

95054 seems fine - takes awhile on the "Loading" screen still but game seems better, just need DayZ to be fixed.

This "new" way we are being forced to pay (run n gun n cheese the zeds by running through buildings n run some more) is crap tbh.

On paper ArmA2 sounds great for this style of game play but in reality. nope.

Sneaking around and the occaisional shooting purely to survive is what makes it fun, this constant run n gun n cheese is bollox.

I very rarely fire my gun and I only sneak around. I don't know why you think you have to run and gun because you don't.

Whenever I try to connect to the server I get a message along the lines of "kicked by battleeye: wrong version"

Yes because the patch was just released. You need to wait for BattlEye to support it. Just check the thread that I mentioned above. When it is supported Dwarden will update his post. Especially the part where it says "BattlEye status: ... pending ..."

You will see something like "BattlEye status: ... supported ..." when BE support is added. In the meantime just play with Build 95054.

Yes because the patch was just released. You need to wait for BattlEye to support it. Just check the thread that I mentioned above. When it is supported Dwarden will update his post. Especially the part where it says "BattlEye status: ... pending ..."

You will see something like "BattlEye status: ... supported ..." when BE support is added. In the meantime just play with Build 95054.

Ah ok, thanks for your help anyway

Sorry to ask so many questions, but the download for 95054 is asking for a username and password for some reason

Edited by RobbL

Ah ok, thanks for your help anyway

Sorry to ask so many questions, but the download for 95054 is asking for a username and password for some reason

No problem. Glad to help.

Yes that's because the server is heavily overloaded due to all people trying to downloading the new beta patch. Just grab it from GameFront right here http://www.gamefront...Build_95054.zip

Edited by peters

I very rarely fire my gun and I only sneak around. I don't know why you think you have to run and gun because you don't.

Because the Z detection system is broken. Crouch walking aggro's z's 100's of meters away since last hotfix.

• Like 1

Lost another MP5 when I logged in yesterday. That's 5 weapons that have disappeared so far.

• Like 1

Lost another MP5 when I logged in yesterday. That's 5 weapons that have disappeared so far.

Heh this sucks! I just lost a L85...but somehow spawned with more ammo for my mp5sd even though I used it all yesterday - like 0 ammo left.

Why? Have you played 1.7.2.3 patch at all? Zombies spot yo (radomly i migfht add as this is the current params) from a long distance away, there is NOTHING you can do about it, even prone and still if you are in their sights they WILL make a run for you, these "eagle eyed" zeds are often 100+ meters away when other zeds hardly bother.

This has caused those who cant be bothered to spend 15 mintues stealthing to logically come to the conclusion you will be spotted "randomly" anyway so you just as well run everywhere and then cheese zombies (loose them by running through a building or round and round and round buildings) to then search the destination, rinse and repeat on the next town.

No longer is it worth sneaking for hours, which was all the fun.

You'd spend 20 mins running through a forest then 45min searching a town, a nice balance. Now its run run run, shoot a little run.(zzzzzzz) sneaking is pointless, yeah it can be done but why bother?

Try it yourself, you'll see the game is kind of broke now. I and many other old & new players feel the same.

We want hours of stealth (as it was, i too also would rarley shoot pre 1.7) with little to no shooting not DayZ - The Benny Hill Saga (cue benny hill theme.)

Edited by Turk
  • Like 1

I walked through a door and died of it. not getting hit by it, walking through.... :P

Besides, I approve of that whole forcing a certain update, way to go guys.

anyway new beta doesnt do any of things I see claimed here. Still lag, fps drops and massive yellow and red chains on many servers.

So, me and my team logged in on our regular server where we have our camp and all our campingtents just disappeared. 8 in total filled with guns, ammo and medical supplies. Is this a known problem?

You'd spend 20 mins running through a forest then 45min searching a town, a nice balance. Now its run run run, shoot a little run.(zzzzzzz) sneaking is pointless, yeah it can be done but why bother?

Try it yourself, you'll see the game is kind of broke now. I and many other old & new players feel the same.

We want hours of stealth (as it was, i too also would rarley shoot pre 1.7) with little to no shooting not DayZ - The Benny Hill Saga (cue benny hill theme.)

I so agree with the benny hill quote, it was so good before the latest patch, now it feels like a diferent game..... can't wait for it to be fixed again....

• Like 2

Happened to me today. I was able to run through a town, right past zombies, and they didn't even react. Only happened on one server though.

It seems the only server i can actually connect to is that one, there are a large amount of servers it won't allow me to connect to due to bad connection even though my ping is rather good

I havnt bin able to play sense 1.7.2. Either beta is bad or battleeye or something else. Now i have an issue where i IF and i mean IF i can join a server (like 1 in 15 tries) i get battleye unknown game version..

Why? Have you played 1.7.2.3 patch at all? Zombies spot yo (radomly i migfht add as this is the current params) from a long distance away, there is NOTHING you can do about it, even prone and still if you are in their sights they WILL make a run for you, these "eagle eyed" zeds are often 100+ meters away when other zeds hardly bother.

This has caused those who cant be bothered to spend 15 mintues stealthing to logically come to the conclusion you will be spotted "randomly" anyway so you just as well run everywhere and then cheese zombies (loose them by running through a building or round and round and round buildings) to then search the destination, rinse and repeat on the next town.

I don't think the perceptive zombies would be so much of a problem if the amount and distribution of zombies in towns and cities was heavily randomised. That way you could have a load of zeds hanging around a certain part of a city while the rest of it is empty or nearly empty, or you could come across a town with just two zombies in it. Would also make the game more realistic, unpredictable and fun