rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Im rather confused... I just used Six Launcher and got it to Update, but i have no clue how the updating actually works. Does it download the Beta aswell as the DayZ patch, or which parts should be done manually?

Six launcher does it all for you dude.

Im rather confused... I just used Six Launcher and got it to Update, but i have no clue how the updating actually works. Does it download the Beta aswell as the DayZ patch, or which parts should be done manually?

The beta patch is automatically downloaded when you gownload through six updater. You mean six updater right?

it was released yesterday as well. Downloaded it yesterday myself

Oh, okay, I still cant download it. I guessed the username and password and got it right. Should I be scared? :P

game just doesnt work anymore no matter what I do. Followed multiple guides, use 6 updater. Always "WAIT FOR HOST". should I just completely delete everything and start from scratch?

game just doesnt work anymore no matter what I do. Followed multiple guides, use 6 updater. Always "WAIT FOR HOST". should I just completely delete everything and start from scratch?

uhh no, I played DayZ for like 4 hours last night. Its working fine. Try a new server if it says wait for host.

For some reason I have the worst performance yet. Major major desyncs, infected not moving, teleported back, can't move Hatchets from and to toolbelt (and after a while it duplicates). Pretty sure there is something wrong on my side but I have no idea what. :)

The 94945 Beta patch causes this. Downgrade to 94876. Then again, there are new beta patches out now. I haven't tested anything past 94945 which is 100% broken. Edited by Mattyratty

For some reason I have the worst performance yet. Major major desyncs, infected not moving, teleported back, can't move Hatchets from and to toolbelt (and after a while it duplicates). Pretty sure there is something wrong on my side but I have no idea what. :)

Yea I heard its something with 1.7.2.3. Like something about zombies not despawning or something. If anyone knows the official word then please correct me. But after awhile that cause performance issues. The server I was in has to restart every 4 hours because of this.

Yea I heard its something with 1.7.2.3. Like something about zombies not despawning or something. If anyone knows the official word then please correct me. But after awhile that cause performance issues. The server I was in has to restart every 4 hours because of this.

Yeah, I know, but I have been playing with a friend that has absolutely no performance issues.

Just upgraded to 95054, joined a server that matched. As a result i spawned at the coast.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Yeah, I know, but I have been playing with a friend that has absolutely no performance issues.

Maybe based on the quality of your hardware? I definitely do not have anything close to a gaming pc.

Just upgraded to 95054, joined a server that matched. As a result i spawned at the coast.

read above, I did...

I cant even download the new beta patch.

First time upgrading beta for me, I upgraded to 95054 with a server that matched. I spawned where I left off with all my gear. Loading is MUCH faster for me now. Haven't been able to play extensively, will post more later tonight.

The 94945 Beta patch causes this. Downgrade to 94876. Then again, there are new beta patches out now. I haven't tested anything past 94945 which is 100% broken.

since they got the battle eye thing fixed 95054 works just fine. its 95099 thats messed up now.

Edited by sivart

When joining servers Arma II OA always stops working.

I just updated to the links given by Rocket in this post, but don't know why the game crashes? It stops working just as im about to spawn, the connection to servers and so on seems fine.

The beta patch is automatically downloaded when you gownload through six updater. You mean six updater right?

No, i just used Six Launcher, seeing as it also downloads some data, and i find it better for connecting to servers. Should i run the update through Six Updater?

Edit: Just checked, and it seems im running v1.7.2.3 and Beta patch 95054, from what Six Updater updated for me. Guess it's just about finding a server with matching patches then :)

Edited by Tenderness

No, i just used Six Launcher, seeing as it also downloads some data, and i find it better for connecting to servers. Should i run the update through Six Updater?

Both take care of the Beta, SIX Launcher and Updater.

Six launcher just updated my beta patch to 95054, and in most server (with the same version) I get stuck at "wait for host", only a few worked.

With all the people who shelled out cash to buy ARMA 2 in order to play DayZ, you'd think that they'd at least have a mirror site for the beta downloads at this point.

I know, I need to get a life. I should do something else until the load on the BI site is reduced, but with all the publicity this (DayZ) is bringing to them, I'd think they might spring for some additional resources to support the mod which has reinvigorated the sales of ARMA 2. It would just be a nice nod towards good customer service.

shrug

Six launcher just updated my beta patch to 95054, and in most server (with the same version) I get stuck at "wait for host", only a few worked.

You need to wait a while, could take up to 5 minutes or so.

By the way I'm having an issue that I've recently died twice, but this time I spawned back on a different server and spawned with an m4 ACOG, Ghillie, range finder, gps, NV etc. Why have I got all this great stuff? I literally just spawned.

EDIT: relogged and it sorted the problem.

Edited by Booker

Is anyone else having an issue with 'passive' zombies, like go shoulder to shoulder with one, or could this be a server issue?

Six launcher will also update your game. If a new patch is released, you will be able to see the "UPDATE" button right above the "QUICK MATCH" button, so there is no need to actually open Six Updater, just the Launcher. At least that's what i do.

95054 seems fine - takes awhile on the "Loading" screen still but game seems better, just need DayZ to be fixed.

This "new" way we are being forced to pay (run n gun n cheese the zeds by running through buildings n run some more) is crap tbh.

On paper ArmA2 sounds great for this style of game play but in reality. nope.

Sneaking around and the occaisional shooting purely to survive is what makes it fun, this constant run n gun n cheese is bollox.

• Like 2