rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

I think Hello Kitty Island is on sale on STEAM!!! I think that game may be right up your alley...

its funny because i can find all the gear i need and do it without confrontation in a couple hours, but this game might be to hard for you. I agree with archangel-outlaw, hello kitty is right up your ally

This game is ruined. i couldnt even make it 5min. I SHIT U NOT FIVE MINUTES! at one point, i manged 2 hours today, then twpo live together lasting 12.5 minutes! its not really this update in perticular. IT'S THE NO GUN AT START THING! I CANT SURVIVE AT ALL! Im going to try it out one more time and if it fucking happens again, well then this has benn a complete waste of my FUCKING TIME!!!!!

You just need to learn the barn pull technique. When you get zombies chasing you, just run until you find a barn, house or warehouse with 2 doors on it. Run into the barn and let the zombies walk into it. Once they're halfway through you can crouch walk out and lose them. The other plus is that barns and warehouses often have weapons and items so you can scavange while you lose zombies. Keep doing that and keep your head down in general and you can make it.

And watch out for bandits of course.

Was really looking forward to some Bar-B-Q and shot a cow as it mooed at me and started walking away, soon as it hit the ground dead *poof* it disappeared. Are we back to animals despawning upon death again? :(

I'm enjoying this patch. TBH, I haven't really noticed any diff. :\ I did notice though:

1. that I spawned and lost my main weapon (AKM + mags)...gone;

2. was checking out a little guard house when suddenly a Z spawned behind me (it was night..gave me the shock of my life!!) but before it could do anything, it disappeared again; and

3. saw a Z walk into a wall and got stuck there...and was changing shapes rapidly ie. from hopper to walker (white shirt, grey shirt, black shirt) and back again...freaky.

Otherwise the patch is quite good.

I think Hello Kitty Island is on sale on STEAM!!! I think that game may be right up your alley...

I think from now on people who make comments like this i'm gonna start calling "choir boys"

Only choir boys would have the up to the minute skinny on Hello Kitty titles. FO

sorry if someone else already answered this , but I haven't updated myself on the whole thread

I've been installing the beta versions of Arma 2 manually so that I can still use Steam. I prefer the in-game server browser. I also use steam chat and the built-in internet browser quite often (good for having a map handy). I also find the Six Updater/Launcher somewhat burdensome. this is how ya do it (assuming steam version):

1. go to http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

2. download the version you want

3. unzip and run the installer

4. navigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

5. copy the "arma2oa.exe" file

6. paste the file to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead and overwrite the existing file

7. add "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" to your launch options

voila

I imagine the procedure is the same for retail, but with different directory paths. no clue how to rollback with the Six Updater

Thank you so much! Voila indeed!

2. was checking out a little guard house when suddenly a Z spawned behind me (it was night..gave me the shock of my life!!) but before it could do anything, it disappeared again;

You're lucky yours disappeared. I went into a shack that was empty, started checking out loot, look up and a zed had spawned right in front of me and started attacking me. =\

I think from now on people who make comments like this i'm gonna start calling "choir boys"

Only choir boys would have the up to the minute skinny on Hello Kitty titles. FO

And you sure know alot about Choir Boys.......

Personally, I just love it how they changed the game and how zombies react to survivors. Now you basically can run BEHIND zombies, and they take their time to even react that you are currently running just 10-20 meters behind them!!! only then they turn to see what's there and THEN they attack! Took me some time to figure this out, but I really like it :)

And the other COOL thing, you don’t even need a two in/out doorway building to escape the horde… Now when I agro tons of them I ran to any enterable building, when I get in… and if the infected lost sight of me before I got into the building, they go to my kind of “last known position”, if I’m not there – they just walk away!!!! HORRAAAAYYYY ROCKET!!! You actually DID IT!

Now what’s left is to figure out how to efficiently kill other players, and to become the ULTIMATE survivor of all time! Kidding :)

Gents and ladies, take your time and study the game, the behavior of the infected, it’s all you need!

Been having an inventory bug problem... inventory is literally not saving, but its permanantly on the inventory i had like yesterday or something... I can also duplicate items like someone else mentioned... keep losing everything i get/all the progress i make, no point in playing the game right now... Please Patch Soon!!! =(

• Like 1

I think the zombies need to be more sensitive to sound now gunshots mainly, increase the radius of aggro'd zombies and then another radius where the zombies approach to the source but not sprint in drooling, so the more u shoot the more zombies u pull eventually.

• Like 2

I think the zombies need to be more sensitive to sound now gunshots mainly, increase the radius of aggro'd zombies and then another radius where the zombies approach to the source but not sprint in drooling, so the more u shoot the more zombies u pull eventually.

Yeah I've noticed this. I was shooting zeds with my M1911 with other zeds milling about 20m or closer (according to dayzdb.com the M1911 has an audible range of 59.4m) and they didn't react to the gunshots at all unlike previous versions where they'd uh..swarm if they were within "ear shot" of the gun, but now they only would react if they saw me. I haven't tried any "bigger" guns, well I have my M4A3 CCO but I use STANG SD ammo with it.

• Like 1

Been having an inventory bug problem... inventory is literally not saving, but its permanantly on the inventory i had like yesterday or something... I can also duplicate items like someone else mentioned... keep losing everything i get/all the progress i make, no point in playing the game right now... Please Patch Soon!!! =(

Your character needs to die in order for this to stop happening. That fixed it for me.

make sure you deselect the 'update beta patch' option in sixlauncher or itll cause you more problems in the future. i always wait until i hear good things about the new patch before i let six launcher do its thing. if youre going to be downgrading beta patches manually, make sure you delete the beta folder from the game directory beforehand otherwise youll get the wrong cd key error.

• Like 1

1.7.2.3/94876

Hatchets still need reloading

Massive FPS drop at e.g. NWAF (~15, in forests 40-60)

DMR mag bug still there

Many frozen zeds

Zeds spawn inside deerstands (beneath floor)

<Loading> and <Waiting for char to create> takes longer.

the backpack is bugged you will need to swap it out.

I just updated the game through six uptader and now when i join a server i get Battleye initialization failed.. Is it possible to downgrade to 94876 ?

While I'm sure anyone here would be entirely happy to end any conversations with you, dude, you keep talking. And all you post is the exact same issue, lengthily, every single page. We got it. It's been reported to death. Stop posting or contribute something else, please.[...]

I completely disagree with you. Current reports do list some bugs. Some lost their weapons or other stuff. Inconvenient, but it's alpha. This is about gameplay and I agree with your oponent, this changed dramatically by decreasing hearing sensitivity (to nearly deaf) and increasing the visual sensitivity to eagle-eye. This has not been reportet too often, in fact the minority of posts refer to this topic.

If Dayz is intended to be more "dynamic" and less "thrilling", this goal has been reached. Read through this thread you can see that most of the players adapted to the current Zombie aggro system by simply running around (don't care how much Zombies are aggroed) and simply look for a 2-exit house or some other obstacle to break sight. Perhaps other players spot you easier, but when moving fast, the risk to be shot is quite low.

I prefer the previous aggro system where you had to sneak into towns. Trying to be silent, careful, move slow. More risky, more thrill. Risk to be sniped when moving slow. More "tactical movement", more patience required, it took me more effort. This is why the current aggro system (for me) seems to be a step in the wrong direction (as it led to dramatical change in gameplay). Feels wrong, not "realistic" to move like that in a Zombie- stained surrounding, you would not like to aggro a Zombie. Do the road-runner-thing was last choice, only if everything went wrong and you had no other option, you would have done that. Now it is first option to deal with Zombies. Nah. Don't like that.

In my opinion, Zombies should be able to see you with a very narrow field of vision (just few degrees, as it is now) and not on high distance (such as more than 40 - 50 meters, atm, they spot you from 150m as well). The fact that some see you and some not (exponential chance on closer distances) is -in contrast to my critics on new aggro system- really fantastic, I really like this! They should hear you again (as it was before, perhaps be little less sensitive as before) and react to gunfire sounds.

But I see that opinions are quite different on this aspect. Most players seem to like the change, so I fear it's me and my slow/ careful/ nearly tactical way to play Dayz is to bite the dust...

• Like 2

HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA! currently, we cant log into any servers and get stuck at the 'Wait for Host' screen! this happened shortly after the update. Please fix! :beans:

I just updated the game through six uptader and now when i join a server i get Battleye initialization failed.. Is it possible to downgrade to 94876 ?

Just download the 94876 patch online and install it. It's 8mb I think. It worked for me.

Love the current patch, the "WAIT FOR HOST" screen has no bugs & stays constant for hours!

Conclusion : Wait for host screen works 100% !

fix?

Why does every single update have to mean we can't play for the rest of the day? It makes me die a little inside. :(

• Like 1