rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

I can't even connect to a server, gets stuck in either Joining Server>Connection failed, or stuck at Waiting for Host. This patch blows!

Thanks team Z for all your work! Game's stable for me; nothing major to complain about the update

And see you on gamescom Dean :)

Edited by PurePassion

it also appears that player bodies despawn very fast, I killed 3 survivors yesterday and their bodies despawned after I killed them. Only one of them I was able to access his inventory briefly the two others were gone. It may be a issue with a player dying then disconnecting way to fast or perhaps alt + f4 knowing this will happen? I'm not certain though.

That means they DC'd themselves after the kill. Which makes the body vanish so you can;t loot it.

Can confirm that ghillie or camo is not spawning in 1.7.2.3 - beta 94876. A friend had one in his inventory and after putting it on after updating to 1.7.2.3 - beta 94876, he has since logged back in and still has the ghillie, but they are most definately not spawning.

Can confirm that L85s (possibly other primary weapons?) have at least a good chance of disappearing from your gear when logging in. A friend and I had both logged in on 1.7.2.3 - beta 94876 with our L85s, and logged into a couple of other servers with the weapons still equipped. Then at different times and on different servers, both of us logged in with the animation showing the character pulling out the pistol, and the L85s gone from our gear. Both of our AS50s were still in our backpacks. I would recommend that anybody who has an L85 put it in a backpack before logging out, to see if the issue is primarily just affecting that weapon.

Kind of sucks to lose weapons you spent countless hours searching for, but thems the breaks when you're a tester in alpha, I guess. Very much hoping the issue is resolved and that they aren't thinking about removing the weapon entirely. Would be a major bummer to lose the AS50 as well.

I might hold off on "testing" for now until at least ghillies are reincorporated.

Lol.. So let me get this straight. You are "OK" with losing such and such.. "this is an alpha so thems the breaks". Yet you won't test now because you can't get a ghillie suit so you can obviously just sit and snipe newbs. You aren't a tester. Don't try and sound like one to deflect from what you are actually doing. Thanks for the laugh though.

• Like 3

That means they DC'd themselves after the kill. Which makes the body vanish so you can;t loot it.

This is an exploit right? I didn't know this. Has it been going for long?

I do recall a time when I tried to loot my own body after I had died and it was gone; I didn't disconnect at all in between.. :(

This is my experience with version 1.7.2.3 and beta patch 94876:

+ i have no problems gutting animals nor giving transfusions (but i never had in previous versions nether)

+ no desyncs, hardly rubberbanding

- on migrating from 1.7.2.1 character was resetet

- my friends and i have serious fps drops when we enter big cities. in previous version i never had fps below 20 in berezino, now framerate is between 10 and 20. i tried once to reconnect in elektro, framerate jumped up to 30+

- the second or third time i joined a server with 1.7.2.3, i died, was moved to the debug plains vor half a second and spawned near my dead body with absolute no gear, but i retrieved all from my dead body. i also saw the broken bones symbol, but i could run without problems. on reconnect, it disappeared.

- zeds spawn to late. in previous versions they were spread in the area when i reached viewing-distance, now they spawn when i am 50m away from the buildings. in few cases even later, 1m in front of me :/ (some deer stands for exampe).

zed aggro is ... interesting. i like the new viewing-aggro, but they should be harder to loose

Rocket, I think cleanup script is not working properly because dead zombies just keep piling up. At one time I've seen about 300 alive, 600 total. And FPS just dies eventually.

I have had no major issues with the new update, seem's fine to me. My MP5SD/M9SD mags are still dissappearing on log in. I also experience large drops in fps when im camped in a major town centre (Stary, Cherno, Elecktro, Vybor etc.). Fps drops from 45 down to ten within 45 mins.

Besides these problems update is great!

P.S. zombies need to be harder. :P

I'm iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin. I've lost all my gear and started on the beach, but I don't care any more. Just gald to be back playing. I can get in via steam or six launcher again now. I'm on 1.7.2.3 94876.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin. I've lost all my gear and started on the beach, but I don't care any more. Just gald to be back playing. I can get in via steam or six launcher again now. I'm on 1.7.2.3 94876.

Thanks for the suggestions.

correction, died and then had all my gear on respawn.

1.7.2.3 is working perfect besides the odd fps drop in citys. Excellent work on making it stable. What a big difference from the woeful 1.7.2.1

All we need now is to sort the alt+f4 business out and wel be rockin it with bells on !

Everything works perfect, zombies are okay. But:

1)Broken bones seem not to be fixed, me and my friend got broken bones with the first zombie strike.

2)Also not full magazines are filled up after reconnecting.

3)Something has to be done with "Setup complete, please wait". It makes player exposed when he can't yet control his char.

4) Friend shot from enfield, and no zombies aggroed. They were max 100m far from him, they just behaved as usual.

No more shit found. Keep up the good work, Rocket! :thumbsup: B) :thumbsup:

P.S. Using the latest beta, updated through 6updater. No loading trouble...

Edited by Kpekep2

Guys, I can't play, it just stops on the screen that says 'Wait for Host' I am using six launcher and using through Steam :( Any idea how to fix?

• Like 1

Skins are not working 1.7.2.3, putting them on lets you run around etc. but after DC and login back you will be put back to moment you put on the skin. So no progress saves.

There are just shitloads of people who run around with wrong version or sth so each time they die their bodies disappears and you receive no murder.

Plus new ways to dupe items ( already mention before).

Probably its not a good place to ask for it but staff please do sth about people DC all the time .

I installed arma 2 and 2oa on the 5th via steam, then used six launcher to install DayZ, played for an hour or so the server i was in glitched and have not been able to load into the game since, ive tried all the loading screen fixes that have been posted but none of them do anything for me. Ive reinstalled everything multiple times and still same results. Any ideas?

Just had a bug. Managed to find a camo suit in an unguarded tent. When I put it on mt debug monitor reset pushing back all my zed kills, headshots and murders to zero. not sure if this effected blood too as I already had 12000.

Running everything up to date.

Edit - On relogin everything was back although it did not add the zombie kills made during the "reset"

Edited by Moshmuma

Lol.. So let me get this straight. You are "OK" with losing such and such.. "this is an alpha so thems the breaks". Yet you won't test now because you can't get a ghillie suit so you can obviously just sit and snipe newbs. You aren't a tester. Don't try and sound like one to deflect from what you are actually doing. Thanks for the laugh though.

I'm not ok with losing such and such, and didn't say I was. I said "thems the breaks" the same as I'd say it after being diagnosed with cancer of the balls. It's resignation and an acknowledgement of the state of the game as it is - not an indignant bitch and whine like so many others partake in, and yet you respond with unecessary hostility and presume to know my playstyle.

I bought Arma 2 specifically for this mod (like so many others) and have done my fair share of "testing", but lately I've gotten into a comfortable role that for the moment, isn't feasible. I don't "snipe newbs" (much), I hunt for choppers with some buds to get my team outfitted, and for the thrill of finding mad loot. Between a few of us, we've found over 40 choppers to date. I enjoy traversing the countryside, living off the land, moonlit walks, a nice glass of single malt, and occasionally straying into the airfield to hunt high value targets. We also regularly introduce new players and help them get outfitted and learn the ropes.

At any rate, you didn't need to, but you chose to level criticism where it really wasn't deserved. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Edited by cherocha
  • Like 2

I've noticed it seems to hang more on "waiting to create character" and "loading". I make it in eventually, but it seems loading times were better in previous updates. at first I thought it was just the hive getting slammed right after the update was released, but it's been pretty persistent

Just had a bug. Managed to find a camo suit in an unguarded tent. When I put it on mt debug monitor reset pushing back all my zed kills, headshots and murders to zero. not sure if this effected blood too as I already had 12000.

Running everything up to date.

This is a known bug/limitation with the engine that has been there since different clothes were introduced. Your stats reset because you're essentially changing your character, but don't fret, as soon as you log out and log back in your client will query the hive for your stats and you'll get your old stats back.

EDIT: Hehe, you just edited your original post confirming that you got them back on a relog so I guess you found it out yourself!

Edited by Tyralion

Confirmed by myself as well. Both my L85 and silenced MP5 have disappeared when logging back in.

Can confirm that L85s (possibly other primary weapons?) have at least a good chance of disappearing from your gear when logging in. A friend and I had both logged in on 1.7.2.3 - beta 94876 with our L85s, and logged into a couple of other servers with the weapons still equipped.

I might hold off on "testing" for now until at least ghillies are reincorporated.

Incompetence has nothing to do with the state of the build, but the state and progress of the project. It's no personal slight against me, well from my perspective, that things go wrong that shouldn't. I just hope I and others involved can learn fast enough to not make the same mistake more than once. That is the absolute best we can hope to achieve. I don't think anyone could prepare themselves for this, no matter how much money, people, or experience even. I.e. Blizzard and Diablo 3.

The real test is what you do with the challenges you face. Acknowledge the needs and seek outside assistance, or tackle the problems yourself as they present themselves. Ultimately it's a question of scale and resources. There are certainly advantages of having experiance and size on your side to be balanced with having your hands on the wheel of the ship at all times. In either case, hang in there.

• Like 2

Update seams pretty stable, the odd zombie seeing me from 90m away while crouched. FPS is much better now but while playing with a group noticed some pretty bad sync issues. While shooting a zed my mate teleported in front of me.

Getting annoying stutter now that wasn't present in the last patch. Doubt its hardware related (i7 920 @ 4.2ghz, GTX580, 1080p medium settings). It's not lag (getting over 90fps everywhere), but sort of a microstutter when I'm moving around. Extremely annoying and its not present in single player.