rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Thanks Hombre, Sorry for the late reply. Have just tried the above, but it still doesn't seem to work. I quit steam completely before I overwrote the files, then restarted it. I still seem to be having the same problem.

I can play still through six launcher though so not a major problem.

Sorry it did not work. I've realised that it was fix only if you were having Battleye initialization error when on 94945.

Btw funny thing is I've tried to downgrade from 94945 to 94876 but then I've got ARMA stopped working error so I guess Im stuck with 94945 and luckily I can play this version although I had my inventory warp in time to loose AS50 sniper.

Also I have to turn the game off every 4 hours or so because FPS goes down a lot and after restart its ok for few hours again.

Same here seems to happen with all animals.

Strange, with 1.7.2.3 and beta 94945 I was able to gut several animals without problem.

Problems I see with 1.7.2.3. + 94945:

some mild desync

FPS goes down after few hours of playing, have to relog to server to fix this.

Some zeds are standing or prone, only turning their heads.

Inventory sometimes warps back in time, deleting stuff and putting already thrown stuff back.

Zeds sometimes respawn rather quickly, almost could not finish looting of heli crash.

Thats probably all I can think of.

i played now about 2 h. The only bug i came up with was when i tried to gut an animal - it disapeared in seconds and i couldnt loot the meet

I started a new game, and managed to find a lee enfield, but it had no ammo with it! Also a zombie aggroed on me from like 150 meters away while i was crouching. and also, some zombies dont aggro. i ran up to one, it didnt move, but then it hit me, so i ran awat, and it just returned to a non aggroed mode. also some zombies are invincible.

Edited by willm56

Everything seems great at the moment.

Running everything up to date.

Thanks for a great mod rocket, it's nice to see a game that doesn't hold your hand.

Looking forward very much to the stand alone title.

Edited by Moshmuma

Sorry it did not work. I've realised that it was fix only if you were having Battleye initialization error when on 94945.

Btw funny thing is I've tried to downgrade from 94945 to 94876 but then I've got ARMA stopped working error so I guess Im stuck with 94945 and luckily I can play this version although I had my inventory warp in time to loose AS50 sniper.

Also I have to turn the game off every 4 hours or so because FPS goes down a lot and after restart its ok for few hours again.

Same here actually, haha, I spoke too soon when I said it still worked on six launcher. Been going round in circles, downgraded to 94876, got same as you 'arma 11 crashing, deleting and reinstalling battle eye, deleting and reinstalling dayz. 94876 still crashing so I'm going to try 94945 again now.... fingers crossed!!

this patch is stable, haven't had anything strange happen. but the biggest difference is the long loading times, sometimes stuck on loading and need to crash the game restart and then i get in with out any problems. I have had mates spawn in with nothing and they respawn with the gear they had. Also ghillie suit is kinda use at your own risk, another mate lost his backpack when using it.

The larger patches are made, the more the game loses its meaning!

Make the boss zombies, let them fight with the players!The best version of 1.7.0!

Edited by Roman357

this patch is stable, haven't had anything strange happen. but the biggest difference is the long loading times, sometimes stuck on loading and need to crash the game restart and then i get in with out any problems. I have had mates spawn in with nothing and they respawn with the gear they had. Also ghillie suit is kinda use at your own risk, another mate lost his backpack when using it.

Ghillie suit worked fine for me in 1.7.2.3, I put it on and didnt lose anything and it saves my character without a problem, but thats my personal experience.

Beta 94876

Dayz 1.7.2.3

Infected need hearing aids, I tried the following during daytime

Fired 3 rounds and the infected in area(30M) did not respond, but when I went to crouch run the closest ones aggro'd

Threw 4 tin cans and only 2 where investigated even though I aimed them near multiple infected

Able to crouch walk right up behind(gun was going through their player model) 3 infected that were not facing me(standing still outdoors), One that was facing me 50m away aggro'd

Able to crawl right up to infected(not facing me) and follow them on their patrols, they do aggro when they step on you

Too easy to loose them after aggro, I ran around the town and collected a train(was hard to do as I kept loosing them) and lost half as soon as I ran behind a wall and into a house, only 1 infected(probably 1/2 hoppers aswell) made it into the house and I went out the other door and lost him - Maybe a cooldown timer for infected if they have been aggro'd

Tents seem to be my main gripe just because whenever I pack a tent or flatten a tent, and the server gets restarted, the tent reappears. For those of us with camps this is quite annoying because we have a bunch of duped tents that are actually usable, but we decide not to use them to be fair.

it also appears that player bodies despawn very fast, I killed 3 survivors yesterday and their bodies despawned after I killed them. Only one of them I was able to access his inventory briefly the two others were gone. It may be a issue with a player dying then disconnecting way to fast or perhaps alt + f4 knowing this will happen? I'm not certain though.

Logged in and my inventory changed from when I last logged out. I had two bizon mags disappear only to be replaced by one jerry can. It was wierd. Another clan mate had experienced something similar. He logged in yesterday morning and his pack was full of tin cans.

He logged in yesterday morning and his pack was full of tin cans.

Aaaahahaha for some reason I found this incredibly funny :'D Would be awesome if his gear was ill-gotten by duping :P

Arma II has stopped working!

Hello, I've been trying everything I can think of for the last few hours to get this working. Yesterday I could play through SixLauncher but not Steam, after trying to fix this I can't either to work without crashing.

I updated with the six launcher 1.7.2.3 yesterday, and manually updated to Beta 94945. I tried updating the battleeye for this also.

Today I tried reverting to 94876 and it started crashing after the loading screen where it says recieving files.

I noticed that if i launched from steam and sixlauncher both had different beta versions, so I wondered if there was a conflict?

As it stands I have:

Deleted and reintalled battleeye

Deleted and reinstalled @DayZ in the arma ii OA folder,

Deleted and reinstalled manually beta 94876 (checked launching game via steam lib)

Updated six launcher also so it's reinstalled 1.7.2.3 (this now shows 94876 when I launch game via Six Launcher).

Whatever way I launch the game I get 'ARMA II HAS STOPPED WORKING' and it crashes.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what else I could try? Am I missing something? Help would be much appreciated.

Even reverting to 94945 which was ok with six launcher yesterday, no crashes.

Thanks

Dave.

I am liking the new patch with the exception of the seemingly binocular views of some of the zeds now. You can't crouch run anywhere within a mile (it seems) of one that is looking at you before it aggro's

Arma II has stopped working!

Hello, I've been trying everything I can think of for the last few hours to get this working. Yesterday I could play through SixLauncher but not Steam, after trying to fix this I can't either to work without crashing.

I updated with the six launcher 1.7.2.3 yesterday, and manually updated to Beta 94945. I tried updating the battleeye for this also.

Today I tried reverting to 94876 and it started crashing after the loading screen where it says recieving files.

I noticed that if i launched from steam and sixlauncher both had different beta versions, so I wondered if there was a conflict?

As it stands I have:

Deleted and reintalled battleeye

Deleted and reinstalled @DayZ in the arma ii OA folder,

Deleted and reinstalled manually beta 94876 (checked launching game via steam lib)

Updated six launcher also so it's reinstalled 1.7.2.3 (this now shows 94876 when I launch game via Six Launcher).

Whatever way I launch the game I get 'ARMA II HAS STOPPED WORKING' and it crashes.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what else I could try? Am I missing something? Help would be much appreciated.

Even reverting to 94945 which was ok with six launcher yesterday, no crashes.

Thanks

Dave.

Revert to 94876 then delet your Batteye files in your Users/AccountName/Appdata/Local/ArmaOA/Battleye folder.

Revert to 94876 then delet your Batteye files in your Users/AccountName/Appdata/Local/ArmaOA/Battleye folder.

Thanks, am redownloading and reinstalling at moment, if that doesn't work will give it a try! See you in six hours hehe.

Can confirm that ghillie or camo is not spawning in 1.7.2.3 - beta 94876. A friend had one in his inventory and after putting it on after updating to 1.7.2.3 - beta 94876, he has since logged back in and still has the ghillie, but they are most definately not spawning.

Can confirm that L85s (possibly other primary weapons?) have at least a good chance of disappearing from your gear when logging in. A friend and I had both logged in on 1.7.2.3 - beta 94876 with our L85s, and logged into a couple of other servers with the weapons still equipped. Then at different times and on different servers, both of us logged in with the animation showing the character pulling out the pistol, and the L85s gone from our gear. Both of our AS50s were still in our backpacks. I would recommend that anybody who has an L85 put it in a backpack before logging out, to see if the issue is primarily just affecting that weapon.

Kind of sucks to lose weapons you spent countless hours searching for, but thems the breaks when you're a tester in alpha, I guess. Very much hoping the issue is resolved and that they aren't thinking about removing the weapon entirely. Would be a major bummer to lose the AS50 as well.

I might hold off on "testing" for now until at least ghillies are reincorporated.

Experiencing barns disappearing and regular server de-syncs on 1.7.2.3 with 94876.

I was crawling while prone and a Z spotted me from 10 meters through a picket fence and attacked me. Take the Z aggro back to 1.7.0.

Ghilies are spawning, my crew found some last night.

Zombie aggro is still a little odd, I had two zombies about 50-100m away from me start hauling ass towards me while crouch running. Then start walking towards me when they got to about 20-30m away...but zombies just 20m away were going about their shambling, after ringing out a few 1911 rounds to deal with said runners.

I like how zombies can't track your every move while running around buildings and such now, but they do seem a bit easy to lose (Although I'd prefer them easier to shake than just chasing you indefinitly). I also like how they won't chase you for miles upon miles if your just passing by a town. Last night me and 3 or 4 others guys were hoofing it across some towns, we picked up roughly ten or so zeds. A short while after leaving the town, only 1 zombie was still with us that we dispatched.

Zombie spawns also seem rather quick and close, I'm watching packs of 2-3 zombies spawn about 30-50m away from me while clearing a very small town, NE airfield, etc. They're not spawning right on top of you (which has been an issue in the past, but has been fixed), but a small buffer time after clearing out an area would be nice.

Also, I personally haven't found any, but I've heard reports in my group that bear traps are quite buggy. Some are saying when you initially run over them nothing happens, but after you log in and out....then your legs break. I haven't personally confirmed it, but many are saying this.

Besides all my items vanishing out of my tent when I upgraded from 1.7.1.5 to 1.7.2.3, the patch is seeming solid so far! Good work dev team!

Edited by Xyro

Thanks, am redownloading and reinstalling at moment, if that doesn't work will give it a try! See you in six hours hehe.

had same problem, i manualy upgraded battleye to newest version and game to ARMA2_OA_Build_94945 works fine now