rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Try updating Arma beta to 97945, then roll it back to 94876. I know it sounds a bit retarded but I had the same problem, tried this and now can connect fine.

I updated to 94945 after installing 94876 , rolled back to 94876 and the game just stops working. Windows comes up and tells me.

I've just restarted my pc. Now, why am I having such bad luck tonight?

• Like 1

A SMALL REVIEW OF ALL THE PROBLEMS ME AND MY TEAM ENCOUNTERED while trying to update to last BETA ARMA PATCH 94945 with 1.7.1.3.

1/BATTLEYE FAILED INITIALISED : So we tried to go there http://www.battleye.com/download.html to download the last .dll versions but since then we have our ARMA that simply CRASH after joining the server. (server is with the last hive version and up to date - it is FR35)

2/ WRONG CD KEY: But it doesnt seems to prevent to play normally.

I'm reinstalling evrything now.

i think it would have been better if the devs released this on monday

not its weekend and they probably out relaxing while allot of people just ran into this trouble

and whats the point of releasing a patch while later on telling you not to update it...... :(

please help me *and others with the same problem

i wanna play this mod so bad :facepalm:

Issue I am having

"Waiting for Host"

I have the latest Arma 2 Beta patch and I installed v1.7.2.3, now I get this error. Anyone know a fix/is this common? I cannot play the game anymore.

Issue I am having

"Waiting for Host"

I have the latest Arma 2 Beta patch and I installed v1.7.2.3, now I get this error. Anyone know a fix/is this common? I cannot play the game anymore.

i tried everything,

except deleting EVERYTHING in dayz folder which i did now and doing a install trough sixlauncher and see if it will work tehn........ otherwise u may shoot me

EDIT:

FORGET IT, still the same problem.............

:facepalm:

Edited by VodKash

Bodies are still disappearing after 5s ( if person who got killed disconnected). Thats ultra lame, I was ambushed by a guy , he failed miserably at it...after dying he just disconnected - no reward for me :/

i had this "waiting for host" . Only way for me to fix it was to roll back to the previous beta patch.

I fixed issue based on previous suggestions.

Roll back Arma 2 Beta patch update did the fix, it now works with 1.7.2.3

Maybe I'm slowpoke here but are helicopter's back in game? One just flew over me and then the lag warping began. I basically can't move because I keep getting brought back to the same spot.

Also found an ammo can at a helicopter crash site with 20 stanag mags in it. Legit?

The first post clearly says the patch version for Arma2 that should be used is 94876.

Newer patches usually don't cause problems, but in this case they do. Revert to 94876 - read a few pages in this thread and you'll find out how to do it if you don't know how...

Maybe I'm slowpoke here but are helicopter's back in game? One just flew over me and then the lag warping began. I basically can't move because I keep getting brought back to the same spot.

Also found an ammo can at a helicopter crash site with 20 stanag mags in it. Legit?

No, they're not back in the game.

As far as I know, all vehicles remain in the game this update.

Everything seems ok (slightly janky 'n' clunky as normal) except some zed's are (still) spotting 'you' from crazy distances yet others not at all.

I've crouched walked past 3 or 4 at less than 50metres only to be spotted by 1 that is much further than a 100+ in game metres. (what seems to be double if not triple before the change.)

This makes navigation a gamble so its easier to just accept that you'll be seen and just run around thoughtlessly, relying on barns / houses to have enough ammo to then do the "benny hill/forest gump" around the furthest building until zed's aggro drops away due to lack of LOS.

The sneak element of the game has all be but been squeazed out (yeah its possible but more often than not a waste of time.) :(

Why not go the whole hog, give us unlimited ammo & ak's and call it Left 4 Dayz <_< .

Can I have that slow burn build up of intensity born of crouch/prone sneakery back, please??

Edited by Turk

Zombies if looking at you will spot you, I can crawl by one at 4 meters if hes got his back to me. If hes looking at me he will see me, makes sense to me.

Edited by Infidel86
  • Like 1

As for the ammo can pretty sure they are legit I found one myself at a crash site had like 25 stanag and 10 stanagsd rounds. Crash had no weapons but that made me happy as a clam finding that ammo for my m4a3 cco.

This is not a suggestions thread.

It boggles my mind when I read one of you babygamers whining about OP this and OP that. Can you actually provide any reasonable justification as to why the gun should be removed? And I'm not talking about "balance" and it being OP, because if you want finely balanced guns to the point where they're all virtually interchangeable and give no real reward or feeling of weapon superiority - resulting in the same mediocre and boring weapon rollout of every other shooter - go play BF3 or MW3.

I hope you idiots are in the minority. It'd be a massive shame if such a boss weapon was removed.

I don't think they were saying it was overpowered, just that it would be MUCH better if the L85 had a Susat and not the thermal/night vision scope and I couldn't agree more. An excellent gun ruined imo.

Zeds seems pretty easy to avoid on this release, I haven't played a lot on older versions anyway but I do find it easier than in the older versions I've played.

I got some weird inventory glitches also that never happened before, for example when trying to pick up a tent, I had no space on my inventory and I saw a message on screen saying that, so I dropped a few stuff but the msg still continue, then i dropped EVERYTHING, including backpack, and then I was able to pick it up, and while picking up my other stuff, like 8 other tents spawned around me, and 3 more a few meters from me.

Also when trying "right click > action" like for drinking, eating or setting up a wire fence, nothing happened, so i clicked the text with green background tons of times, until I got bored and continue, then after like 5 minutes I would randomly see my character doing the animation of the action I wanted, and not only once, every few seconds or a minute it would do it again. but the action effect never appeared (drink & food meters going up or a wire fence placed), even when the message saying "you consumed blablabla" appeared. Then after 5 more minutes my drink and food meters did go up, but the fence never appeared or maybe it did later on some of the multiple places my char did the animation. And I wasn't able to take my hatchet out my toolbelt even when i had no primary weapon, so I dropped it on the floor to pick it up again but it disappeared, I was dropping tons of stuff on the same place but only the hatchet disappeared.

Don't know if this is just specific to the server we're playing on, or if it has been mentioned before but every person we kill and I mean they're 100% dead, before being able to disconnect like what usually happens, their bodies appear for 0.2 seconds and then disappear. Playing on US 40.

Something had to of changed in the loot spawning. Ive been on multiple servers ( all of which nearly full pop, 40/40, 75/75 ect) I am just not spawning loot. I give the server 30 mins each time. I run around Electro nothing is spawning in any buildings I enter. Entire stores empty which is abnormal. I have had this happen before but not to this extent. Entire cities with nothing. Also chatting with other weaponless players in the area they are noticing the same thing I have. I know your supposedly not spawning loot for the first like 15-20 mins on a server but this is just ridic. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Zombies if looking at you will spot you, I can crawl by one at 4 meters if hes got his back to me. If hes looking at me he will see me, makes sense to me.

Yeah obviously but previously it was whether the Zed got "aggroed" by your presence into attacking, which makes for a completely different play style (sneaking) and more sense in terms of zombies as in many real world animals.

They may see you and 1 would assume they did in previous versions a lot which is why they would start grunting etc until becoming aggrovated enough into an attack.

I personally feel this is the better mechanic. A zed spotting you 200 meters away in another field benny hilling it toward you when others are grunting yet not "bovvered" is 'meh', it changes the game for the worse.