rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

My char lost my backpack/main gear. Had my M9 SD still.

Also, was 400m South of my logout location.

The game seems to run better tho - Connection, while not terribly speedy, seemed smoother.

Visual is gone, I kind of liked the high-threat zombies.

Updated files and beta now just say waiting on host for every server I try to join.

Having some issues with latest patch on all servers.

Joining is taking ages. The switch from creating character to loading takes around 4 minutes sometimes more.

I was killed at the north east airfield i respawned but got stuck at loading screen so killed the process and restarted the game.

Joined again to find myself back at the airfield roughly 10 minutes back from the point I died originally. still with my stats and weapons.

Played for 20 minutes. left and came back. reloaded the game to find myself back on the beach at electro - fresh spawn. :/

Found a car. took it to my tents and saved it. used the car later to drive to the north of the map when the server closed down and restarted. no biggie wasn't too far from my tents,

problem was on rejoining the server I had lost around 40 minutes of gameplay. like the server had been disconnected from the hive. retraced the route I took with the car including the original spot i found it but she was gone.

FPS in electro and cherno is borderline unplayable. average 15 fps, the game has always slowed when around the large towns but not to this extent. I would typically average 30 fps.

Zeds are performing quite well. I have had the odd one spot me from miles away and give chase while zeds much closer at the same time ignored his charging towards me and seemingly could not see me. But I understand this is likely the new "chance of spotting" Rocket implemented. was not foggy btw!!

Loot appears to spawn much better now and I have not noticed as many items persisting forever like the did before. (clean up working well ?)

I located a M16A2 for the first time this morning but could not use it correctly. it seems the sights are miles off and the weapon has terrible accuracy. did some testing in a quiet spot. shooting a wall from around 2-300 m and noticed the sights are way out. I have to aim LOWER than my target. at 200m a shot at a zeds feet produces a headshot :/ No idea if this is as intended or just an arma thing, like I said. not used the gun before.

tents appear to persist thru a server restart without duplicating themselves.

Other stuff people have mentioned with items changing into other items I too have experienced but can't give any further vlues on this one. only happened the once.

Game is playable again but the server loading becomes quite frustrating if you can't find a server thats running well and it takes you 5+ minutes to load each server.

<3 Dayz.

• Like 1

Updated files and beta now just say waiting on host for every server I try to join.

New Beta patch is messed up. You need to downgrade.

I haven't personally encountered any noteworthy problems in 1.7.2.3.

Then again, my luck would appear to be on the upswing compared to everyone else.

If I logout with my sidearm drawn, when I log back in it no longer fires, and I can't look down the sights. I have to switch to primary rifle then back to sidearm for it to work...

I already had this isse with 1.7.1.5; since I had no secondary weapon to switch to I had to drop my prev weapon, rearm it to be able to aim through its optics and be able to fire it.

I think this occures when you leave the server/quit the game while zooming thorugh sights.

I think the game works really good right now. I don't mind the occasional Zed that spots you from 200m with no real reason. It makes everything more interessting and unpredictable.

I only had one chance to play in the rain. I know that there are visibility changes, but somehow it felt odd to me.

Yeah and I guess a lot of people already reported Zeds that only stand around and don't aggro at all.

thx for fix, nice work

Just got to spend some time playing with 1.7.2.3. Liked the zombie behavior a lot. Felt realistic and they seemed a lot less "psychic". I had fps drop every couple of seconds, but I suspect it was my system or the server. Will try again after the server restarts. Only issue I ran into is my 1911 would't reload... I had 2 rounds left and 6 full mags, but every time I would reload I'd still only have the mag with 2 rounds in. Other than that, seems like a great update.

*Edit

After server restart things run great. Good frames all around.

Edited by Br1mley

It is YOUR job Blade Runner to confirm wether or not they are stable. If you are not willing to be a tester than stop wasting bandwith on the servers and the forums.

Ur funneh, now go shine my shoes.

Logged out a few times now and logged back in with equipment i had maybe 30 minutes before logging out and not the stuff I'd acquired after -- which is a little annoying. Not sure what's causing it, had debug moniter etc...

Beta patch 94876

Edited by itputsthelotion

First impression : Zed aggro is OK but could be cranked up a little as it is increasingly easy to shake aggro. For me it's resulted in completely losing respect for Zeds, I can just lose them if they become too much a bother.

Infected still have super senses, crouch walking yields attraction from up to and sometimes over a full block away. Stationary proning with both visibility indicators at nothing has yielded spontaneous attacks from across the street. Attraction garnered even whilst behind obstacles such as walls or inside buildings.

Logged out a few times now and logged back in with equipment i had maybe 30 minutes before logging out and not the stuff I'd acquired after -- which is a little annoying. Not sure what's causing it, had debug moniter etc...

Beta patch 94876

im having same items dissapearing issues

Just logged in and gained a M240 Ammo Can for my M240 but lost a morphine....weird.

Infected still have super senses, crouch walking yields attraction from up to and sometimes over a full block away. Stationary proning with both visibility indicators at nothing has yielded spontaneous attacks from across the street. Attraction garnered even whilst behind obstacles such as walls or inside buildings.

Noobs gonna noob.

Zombies are extra fine now. Yes they see you earlier then before if you run like a douchebag. If you prone behind a corner 90% of the time they lose aggro. If you crouchrun behind cover it's the same. I would go as far as to say that, with these zombies i can't wait for them being NOT slowed in buildings. It would make the game superintense, but with the new zombies i see it working.

• Like 1

disappearing item bug report:

yeah items disappears when you pick up others or try to store them in your bag when you don't have room.

Both of these issues happened twice to me today, I lost my first DMR rifle with 5 mags, after I lost that I just a few hours later found a m107 at a heli and lost that one to the same bug. Shame really, but yeah it appears to be a bug, messing to much with the inventory or trying to pick new weapons up seems to make them disappear and not appear on the ground.

Just FYI Rocket.

Oh yeah I was also wearing a ghillie yesterday and the day after it was gone.

Edited by Ramboness
  • Like 1

Logged in for the first time today.

It took FOREVER to get on between "Waiting for character to create" and "Loading" but finally I got on and luckily I still had all of my stuff and was in the same position I was in when I logged out last night. I'm just glad I could get on. ^_^

EDIT: It appears that I can't even look down the sights of my Winchester... Is anyone else getting this problem?

EDIT 2: Apparently I had to drop it and pick it up again for it to work, that's odd.

EDIT 3: And now that I've had it for awhile I can't look down the sights again... What the hell?

Edited by Amazing

updated with six launcher

- fast login

- great fps

- i like the zombie aggro, in line with the 20% vision reduction

- throwing cans didnt seem to work

- no desync

playing nonstop atm, thanks team!

edit: also i could reload empty tin can? heh def a bug

Edited by vdam010

Started fresh on a server with 45/50 players and about 500 infected... initially it was fine, infected aggroed only at much closer distances so it's somewhat easier to play now. Got hit, bled, bandaged.. worked fine.

Looking outside from the shop, there were some visual artifacts... i doubt it was my video card

As I went deeper into Electro, to the hospital, from a certain point all infected got stuck in their places and wouldn't move even when standing in front of them 2-3 meters away or on the road. I even went up to a walker and shot him with shotgun from 1 meter away with another infected looking at me.

Encountered survivors so I know the server was working, I even heard shots. Framerate was a bit on the low side, but it was after all electro and I guess it varies from graphic settings to graphic settings...

Got A LOT of 15 round for Winchester everywhere.

Here's video showing all the above: http://youtu.be/okJ7....../okJ7W3c4nRM (still processing as i write this)

A bit unrelated... was still playing with 1.7.2 /94444 last night. Not sure it still applies to 1.7.2.3 but saying it anyway as feedback... noticed the infected aggro instantly if you're behind them even in prone position 10-20 meters away at the moment they decide to stop and turn around. When they're about to turn it's as if the player is standing up looking at him.

Also, I got "sick" with a fresh character just running from the sea shore to Berezino after taking a few hits from infected as I was searching for an axe. Arrived to Berezino and... a bit ashamed to admit it but hopped servers inside the hospital building to search for antitode. I probably hopped through about 15 servers and couldn't get an antidote spawn... and these were all servers with max 3-5 players on them (1.7.2 AND 94444 combo is not played so much) so all med boxes were otherwise FULL... 10 bandages, 5 painkillers, morphine, epi, all that.

It's so painfully rare this antidode it's basically not worth having the character if it's a relatively new one. I just respawned. IMHO it should be often spawned, especially as it's supposed to be some common penicillin or something like that in the description.

ALSO... while server hopping with axe in hands I noticed I couldn't access the med boxes right after I spawned in the world (probably any item on the ground though, the med boxes were near my position in this case). Wouldn't work with G and couldn't see the green pointer when looking at boxes. Found that hitting with the axe, then RELOAD the axe, then hit again made me able to open the boxes or other things.

Edited by mariush
  • Like 1

weird

With 94945 beta stuck at "waiting for host" with 94865 stuck at loading screen.....updated via .torrent