rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

my thoughts are that teh survival aspect of the game (PK interactions aside) is just far, far too easy. Too much ammo and infinite sprint is just killing the intensity of zombies and people wonder why everyone is killing eachother. What else are people expected to do when theres shit tons of ammo and nothing of importance to use it other than other players. I dont blame teh community for creating this PK busness, its the game scenario thats created it.

You gave us gamers the tools and means to kill, yet you've given us nothing worth killing but eachother..

You were given the tools, but lack the imagination

Also, too much ammo really? You're either a hacker or a liar, or you don't kill anything but other players. Killing zombies uses ammo ya know? Everyone knows how scarce ammo is when you actually use it on other things than KOS'ing , so it doesn't fly talking shit like that. Plus it smells.

EDIT: I'm talking about all weapons across the board, and not using exploits+actually killing zombies(GASP!)=very limited ammo.

Edited by Irenicus

Defending the removal of the bandit suit =/= defending KoS

You don't fix unrealistic problems with unrealistic fixes when you are trying to make a realistic game.

Yeah. Because DayZ is totally about realism. I always find zombies around villages, and weapons in house in real life.

Edited by Shuny

Actually you have infinite ammo at the moment.

Only if you use the exploit and only for certain guns like the 1911/colt combine exploit...that's not infinite ammo and I choose not to use exploits

Exploits=cheats

Enjoy infinite ammo exploiting while you can. Chances are 1.7.2.5 will be out tomorrow if not before (its thursday here) and that exploit has been removed.

Edited by Irenicus

I just found this thread which discusses an alternative to the old bandit skin mechanism, I find the idea quite interesting:

http://dayzmod.com/f...ication-system/

I also added a reply where I describe some additional ideas I had when I read that thread:

http://dayzmod.com/f...711#entry530711

Edited by MrBrown
  • Like 1

I just found this thread which discusses an alternative to the old bandit skin mechanism, I find the idea quite interesting:

http://dayzmod.com/f...ication-system/

I also added a reply where I describe some additional ideas I had when I read that thread:

http://dayzmod.com/f...711#entry530711

Good find! Will definitely be reading that tomorrow (its very late here, 3am , shit :P )

Oh how I fantasize about a DayZ without exploits, dupe-douchebags, and hacks. Now THAT would be a dream game alright.

• Like 3

"Zombies and loot spawning from thin air - totally legit and realistic.

Morphing skin - OMG so unrealistic."

This game mod is unrealistic. Deal with it.

It only engine give you that military Sim feeling.

Bandit skin/morphing isn't new.

It is just old player killer mark/flag for PvP used in MMOs for long time.

It work well before.

If you decide to choose banditry way you just get marked. Banditry offer quick profit but also risk.

There were little honor among thieves so one can risk being hunted by survivors and bandits alike.

Only problem in DayZ were selfdefence banditry. Mostly because if some wanna be bandit shoot at you and missed and you return fire and kill him you get marked as aggressor. Still it wasn't bad system.

Old humanity system need little polish and balancing also some variety. Also fixing exploits.

So you can choose multiply path and your choices in game how you play affect your character skin. It can propably be done that some path have multiple customizable skins like few skins for bandits(based on one wrongdoings and lootable) and survivors.

Instead we get KoS and deathmatches.

Not really fun especially that there is little to do in this game if you reduce human interaction to shooting in the face.

• Like 3

Something Something.... Bandits.

Give bandits Gas Masks. My two cents.

Ghillie would still cause a problem but still..

ALL FOR BANDITS GETTING GAS MASKS!? say aye!

• Like 1

"Zombies and loot spawning from thin air - totally legit and realistic.

Morphing skin - OMG so unrealistic."

This game mod is unrealistic. Deal with it.

It only engine give you that military Sim feeling.

Bandit skin/morphing isn't new.

It is just old player killer mark/flag for PvP used in MMOs for long time.

It work well before.

If you decide to choose banditry way you just get marked. Banditry offer quick profit but also risk.

There were little honor among thieves so one can risk being hunted by survivors and bandits alike.

Only problem in DayZ were selfdefence banditry. Mostly because if some wanna be bandit shoot at you and missed and you return fire and kill him you get marked as aggressor. Still it wasn't bad system.

Old humanity system need little polish and balancing also some variety. Also fixing exploits.

So you can choose multiply path and your choices in game how you play affect your character skin. It can propably be done that some path have multiple customizable skins like few skins for bandits(based on one wrongdoings and lootable) and survivors.

Instead we get KoS and deathmatches.

Not really fun especially that there is little to do in this game if you reduce human interaction to shooting in the face.

yeah. the "self-defense" bandit was a problem back in the day. Now, however, it really doesn't matter. You could be the nicest guy in the world and still get shot because someone was scared to be shot from you

• Like 1

Self-defence banditry is easy. More than 1 kill per X hours and you get a bandit skin, so it only marks career PK's which is what you care about.

Bandit skins don't stop PvP, they mean that it becomes survivors versus bandits which creates more stories than a everyone kills everyone setup.

Indeed extend it so you can have various bandit gangs so there's clan wars, those with lots of bandit kills become hunters and you'll start to see loyalty, politics, betrayal, competition, vengeance and all those other sources of interesting stories.

It was removed because Rocket has some mystical belief that removing game mechanics increases the depth and variety of game-play that results, something pretty clearly erroneous in practice.

Edited by Kageru
  • Like 11

Can they not distinguish between a bandit kill and a murder? the debug counter has separate categories. Just make it so bandit kills don't count towards the bandit skin. Maybe even create a new skin for people that only have bandit kills?

I was pretty sad they took this feature out as I've never killed anyone yet in 6 weeks playing and plan to avoid it if at all possible.

In real life you wouldn't be killing off what little remained of the human population would you? Or maybe thats jsut because I'm old and have jsut finished 20 years in the Army that I visualise it this way. Coming here from Left 4 Dead 2 as opposed to BF/CoD type games we never left a man behind even if we all died saving him, even if he was a random pub.

Anyhow, I trust in Rockets plans for humanity in the future, and hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for those of us who prefer to help others out.

• Like 6

Also, too much ammo really? You're either a hacker or a liar. Everyone knows how scarce ammo is, so it doesn't fly talking shit like that. Plus it smells.

EDIT: I'm talking about all weapons across the board, and not using exploits=very limited ammo.

Uhhhh. There is a lot of ammo, I find Stanag ammo EVERYWHERE. I don't like the M-series of weapons so I don't pick them up, but my buddy does and every time he gets up to 14-15 mags no problem. There is a lot of ammo for those guns. Silenced ammo for them is pretty rare though.

Yeah. Because DayZ is totally about realism. I always find zombies around villages, and weapons in house in real life.

Yeah, because if there are zombies, nothing else has to make sense.

Read what rocket posts. Yes, it is about realism (Or authenticity, he prefers this word)

Edited by Panque

Also, too much ammo really? You're either a hacker or a liar. Everyone knows how scarce ammo is, so it doesn't fly talking shit like that. Plus it smells.

EDIT: I'm talking about all weapons across the board, and not using exploits=very limited ammo.

why the F do i lack imagination... because zombies are weak and there arnt enough of them to kill? they arnt a challenge end of. who the hell wants to kill retarded zombies and "imagine" the rest.

and as for the im either a hacker or a liar?! wow.. im going to assume you suck at this game because me and my friends find more ammo than fukin food. why the hell would you find m107 ammo in a dear stand if the m107 spawns 20 kilometers away... its excessive and you and pussy "i want more ammo and food and love and kisses" friends should go play left 4 dead.

you can carry on "imagining" this game is challenging and "lying" to yourself while me and my friends trall through ammo raping your looted corpses harharharharharggghhh (bandit face)

[Warned - Ubi]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy

why the F do i lack imagination... because zombies are weak and there arnt enough of them to kill? they arnt a challenge end of. who the hell wants to kill retarded zombies and "imagine" the rest.

Wow.

• Like 1

and as for the im either a hacker or a liar?! wow.. im going to assume you suck at this game because me and my friends find more ammo than fukin food. why the hell would you find m107 ammo in a dear stand if the m107 spawns 20 kilometers away... its excessive and you and pussy "i want more ammo and food and love and kisses" friends should go play left 4 dead.

you can carry on "imagining" this game is challenging and "lying" to yourself while me and my friends trall through ammo raping your looted corpses harharharharharggghhh (bandit face)

You're a sad person, really.

You even lack the imagination to imagine why you lack imagination. Truly classic. You don't even get that imagination is the first step in doing, but I can see why you'd have a problem getting past that first step.

Need me to spell it out for you? Obviously you do. Why just kill other players when you can mug, kidnap, force into slavery, threaten..etc etc. So much more fun than just KOS'ing. Or are you saying you dont play this for fun? Careful now. Find another excuse before you contradict yourself.

Use that keyboard and look at some of the youtube vids.

I have no fear of you or your like, it has nothing to do with that. It's got to do with the fact people like you treat this game like any other FPS, when in fact it is unlike any other fps.

Ammo is not that plentiful, despite your (and others') claims to the contrary. The recent gun nerfing and

the fact some of us actually kill zombies (which , duh, uses ammo) instead of being pussies and saving our ammo ONLY for killing other players, and you have a combination for low ammo supplies.

But then you wouldn't get that since you and your pussy friends don't kill zombies instead you run away and avoid them (of course Im not saying you should systematically kill every zombie either) and spend your time killing only other players (and also I'm not saying you shouldn't kill ANY players ever).

Pathetic, and the worst part is you actually think you're tough! You must suck really bad if you can't handle a few zombies. "i can handle them" I hear you say. Yeah, of course you can, until you realise you're out of ammo. ROFL

But again, feel free to continue having a boring, unfulfilling monotonous and repetitive experience by killing other players over and over. It's probably just (as in justice, not simply) that people like you will never truly understand or experience this game as to it's full potential.

You can go back to trolling now. Have fun in that oh so limited, unimaginative, tunnel visioned brain of yours. Guess it must be cosy though with all your braindead friends who probably do the same as you. You know, you guys are the real zombies...brain dead zombies.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 6

Self-defence banditry is easy. More than 1 kill per X hours and you get a bandit skin, so it only marks career PK's which is what you care about.

Bandit skins don't stop PvP, they mean that it becomes survivors versus bandits which creates more stories than a everyone kills everyone setup.

Indeed extend it so you can have various bandit gangs so there's clan wars, those with lots of bandit kills become hunters and you'll start to see loyalty, politics, betrayal, competition, vengeance and all those other sources of interesting stories.

It was removed because Rocket has some mystical belief that removing game mechanics increases the depth and variety of game-play that results, something pretty clearly erroneous in practice.

I would keep giving you beans, but I can only give you one

• Like 9

no skin morphing = no dramaturgical dyad = NO STORY = boring & won't bother playing.

also, a bandit can kill without confirmation @ whatever distance. A survivor cannot confirm a bandit visually, but only close (heartbeat). How is there ANY skill whatsoever to being a bandit? I used to wear the bandit skin with pride :)

Edited by dystopeon
  • Like 1

Yeah, because if there are zombies, nothing else has to make sense.

Read what rocket posts. Yes, it is about realism (Or authenticity, he prefers this word)

Well, even if we consider that zombies may appear in a realistic context, there is still huge incoherencies:

- Why can we find weapons all around the map and the houses ? In real life you wouldn't find so much stuff

- Why can a zombie break your leg with a hit, and make you bleed to death ? In real life, this wouldn't happen.

- Why zombies keeps spawing even after we kill them ?

At the end, you can't deny that some features are not and will never be realistic to improve the gameplay. The Bandit/survivor morphing was one of them