rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

So how the fuck are you supposed to trust anyone now?

Playing as a Friendly was feasible, before. If someone wasn't a bandit, you could try to team up with them and have awesome bro-op times and have like a 10% chance of them being a bandit who just hasn't killed anyone yet.

One of the biggest problems with this game is there is NO INCENTIVE TO PLAY FRIENDLY, at all. Not only that, but MURDERING EVERYONE ON SIGHT OFTEN GETS YOU MUCH BETTER REWARDS THEN PLAYING CO-OPERATIVELY. These are both PROBLEMS with the game design.

Player killing needs to have a penalty, it needs to have a downside, or it ruins the survivor dynamics. Neither playstyle should be infeasible, both should have balanced advantages and disadvantages. You have effectively made playing Friendly completely infeasible. GG, guess I'm going to have to just murder folks now if I ever want to keep any loot I've found.

So if it means i have to kill you survivors just to survive

You never have to kill other survivors to survive, unless you're a cunt.

I played for a lot of the time that 1.5.7 was live, and I never shot another survivor, even when the fucking direct voice wasn't working I could use the salute emote to state Friendly to other survivors I saw and I teamed up with a few, others just ran off.

Now that there is no way to tell the difference between bandits and survivors, you are FORCED into assuming that every single person you see will try to kill you, either for loot or just for fun.

Please, dont remove morph.

This is a good stopping power betwen "to be, or not no be a bandit".

If it remove - many will kill just for fun.

So how the fuck are you supposed to trust anyone now?

Playing as a Friendly was feasible' date=' before. If someone wasn't a bandit, you could try to team up with them and have awesome bro-op times and have like a 10% chance of them being a bandit who just hasn't killed anyone yet.

One of the biggest problems with this game is there is NO INCENTIVE TO PLAY FRIENDLY, at all. Not only that, but MURDERING EVERYONE ON SIGHT OFTEN GETS YOU MUCH BETTER REWARDS THEN PLAYING CO-OPERATIVELY. These are both PROBLEMS with the game design.

Player killing needs to have a penalty, it needs to have a downside, or it ruins the survivor dynamics. Neither playstyle should be infeasible, both should have balanced advantages and disadvantages. You have effectively made playing Friendly completely infeasible. GG, guess I'm going to have to just murder folks now if I ever want to keep any loot I've found.

[hr']

So if it means i have to kill you survivors just to survive

You never have to kill other survivors to survive' date=' unless you're a cunt.

I played for a lot of the time that 1.5.7 was live, and I never shot another survivor, even when the fucking direct voice wasn't working I could use the salute emote to state Friendly to other survivors I saw and I teamed up with a few, others just ran off.

Now that there is no way to tell the difference between bandits and survivors, you are FORCED into assuming that every single person you see will try to kill you, either for loot or just for fun.

[/quote']

Player Killing is part of survival.

I see it the other way around, with the new patch, I might have a chance to try out to be a survivor, all this time beeing a bandit has been a great experience, and will probably save me from getting backstabbed(I'm incredibly fast with the makarov).

Finally, I can chose if I want to kill, or to team up and interact with people, before it was kill, kill and kill.

Finally' date=' I can chose if I want to kill, or to team up and interact with people, before it was kill, kill and kill.

[/quote']

I think so too. First I saw that quite differently. Its harder to team up with guys. But there is a chat to interact.

What i miss is the humanity stat.

My english is deadly. Sorry Man! But i would like to survive ;)

How soon can we expect the switch morphing being removed now that it is Thursday, really looking forward to it and hope it comes soon!

Removing the morph is a horrible idea, and the only reasoning behind it that i can think of is that Rocket is listening to the always vocal minority of psychopathic players that you find in any game.

no point in going into to much detail as everyone pretty much already stated it all. The morph was working fine, there where ways to remove the humanity hit for those "accidental" murders, and there was always that first choice of whether to kill or not to kill another survivor to begin with, there should be no empathy for murderers just as they have no empathy for their victims.

in fact, although i love this mod, i just may just shelve it until Rocket puts the morph back or some other way to identify murderers. it will be a lesson in frustration until then.

I also think having a visual moral indicator of a player's past line and a measure of your humanity was awesome and will be sorely missed.

Removing the morph is a horrible idea' date=' and the only reasoning behind it that i can think of is that Rocket is listening to the always vocal minority of psychopathic players that you find in any game.

no point in going into to much detail as everyone pretty much already stated it all. The morph was working fine, there where ways to remove the humanity hit for those "accidental" murders, and there was always that first choice of whether to kill or not to kill another survivor to begin with, there should be no empathy for murderers just as they have no empathy for their victims.

in fact, although i love this mod, i just may just shelve it until Rocket puts the morph back or some other way to identify murderers. it will be a lesson in frustration until then.

[/quote']

To put it bluntly, you're an idiot. I have a bandit skin from self deffence, but now I can't get rid of it, why? Because everybody opens fire on me as soon as they see me. This leads to more self deffense and keeps my character a bandit. And when I do die because some thinks im a bandit, guess what? Yeah i spawn as a bandit again, so go and shelf it, ill be having a great time:)

Removing the morph is a horrible idea' date=' and the only reasoning behind it that i can think of is that Rocket is listening to the always vocal minority of psychopathic players that you find in any game.

[/quote']

To put it bluntly, you're an idiot. I have a bandit skin from self deffence, but now I can't get rid of it, why? Because everybody opens fire on me as soon as they see me. This leads to more self deffense and keeps my character a bandit. And when I do die because some thinks im a bandit, guess what? Yeah i spawn as a bandit again, so go and shelf it, ill be having a great time:)

i won't resort to slinging insults back and forth so you can act as immature as you want, your words mean nothing to me. There are ways of removing the penalties for being a bandit in game, but each time you shoot a survivor you go deeper in the hole, no one to blame but yourself.

ps.: have fun playing "murderer r us"

There shouldn't really be a 'penalty' for being a bandit, there simply has to be a difference between bandits and survivors. A merely cosmetic difference however doesn't really affect anything. Yes, you can identify a bandit but you really shouldn't be able to... It doesn't really make sense for a bandit to have a different outfit, if anything a bandit will try to blend in.

However in the future there could perhaps be certain features that are unique to bandits and survivors... perhaps certain (safe?)zones that each has access to with some npc's, something like that could work. Just certain benefits to each 'class'

personally i think removing the morph is a brilliant idea, before players just use to kill bandits on sight, and this use to be frustrating for the bandits who get the skin cause of self defense, but even now with Humanity gone and being skin locked for now players are already less shooty shooty.

For Example the other day while im currently skin locked as a bandit came across 2 survivor groups i use the surrender animation we exchange a few words and we are both on our way, before it would have been they see me and shoot on sight, i believe this is the right way to go

Rocket has simply removed the one thing that made this game different from all the rest. Bravo.

[/quote']

i won't resort to slinging insults back and forth so you can act as immature as you want, your words mean nothing to me. There are ways of removing the penalties for being a bandit in game, but each time you shoot a survivor you go deeper in the hole, no one to blame but yourself.

So what should he be doing? Letting himself killed? Is that your point?

i won't resort to slinging insults back and forth so you can act as immature as you want' date=' your words mean nothing to me. There are ways of removing the penalties for being a bandit in game, but each time you shoot a survivor you go deeper in the hole, no one to blame but yourself.

[/quote']

No you're right, he should just let himself just get killed over and over. Sounds like the best idea ever.

He was right about you.

i won't resort to slinging insults back and forth so you can act as immature as you want' date=' your words mean nothing to me. There are ways of removing the penalties for being a bandit in game, but each time you shoot a survivor you go deeper in the hole, no one to blame but yourself.

[/quote']

No you're right, he should just let himself just get killed over and over. Sounds like the best idea ever.

He was right about you.

Turn the other cheek. Now that what a true christian would do in zombie apocalypse.

[/quote']

He was right about you.

you are a bunch of hypocrits, you cry that "bean eaters" should play carefully and sneak around avoinding unecessary contact, but yet you can't do that? you can't sneak north and find a safe spot to hunt a few zombies to get your humanity back? sorry i take back what i said, i 'll sling a insult, you hypocrits are a bunch of morons who will ruin this mod simply cause your own egocentric stupidity.

so now instead of bandits being shot on sight, EVERYONE will be shot on sight.. ya that works. morons.

[/quote']

He was right about you.

you are a bunch of hypocrits, you cry that "bean eaters" should play carefully and sneak around avoinding unecessary contact, but yet you can't do that? you can't sneak north and find a safe spot to hunt a few zombies to get your humanity back? sorry i take back what i said, i 'll sling a insult, you hypocrits are a bunch of morons who will ruin this mod simply cause your own egocentric stupidity.

so now instead of bandits being shot on sight, EVERYONE will be shot on sight.. ya that works. morons.

Why the hell should I become and outcast and be forced to restore humanity god knows where becuase I killed some call of duty fan, and now all his little friends are trying to kill me?

Wow a lot of anger and aggression. I guess Rocket's tears cup is filling up. I was actually someone who advocated for removing bandit skins for realism purposes, and now that they are out I will continue to be friendly. I expect to get killed more often because I don't know who to run from and who to approach, but collecting cool gear is mostly what the game is for and if I don't die every now and then I will not have anything left to collect.

I do have a couple of things I would like to add to the discussion though. The new findable skins idea is good, but not great. You are going to end up with all new characters looking the same, and also with the most common decent warm clothing being worn by most others. Kind of like the alice pack previously, and now the coyote backpack since that has become more common. I think the most important thing to consider with skins above all else is the ability to recognise and identify players by sight. This would change the game completely, and it would do so perfectly in line with all the ideals that the devs and the community are aiming for. Clothing as loot is not good enough. What I would suggest is having a huge set of clothing that you can choose to spawn with. So that each player can customise their character's look from the outset. I don't want each player to be unique, mistaken identity and disguise should be at least possible, but in general you should recognise people you have met before. This will enable so much more player interaction and cooperation the effects can not be underestimated. I have also suggested earlier a system where it is possible to mark a player in some way that only you can see. I still think this is worth considering.

Day Z should just have a deeper skin customization from the get go. Everyone wants to be unique, and if everyone looks significantly different enough from one another you'll be able to remember what the bandits look like and convey that information to your team.

bandit skins didn't solve this problem and neither will lootable skins. Bandits will still be able to hide from recognition by changing their appearance at will.

so now instead of bandits being shot on sight' date=' EVERYONE will be shot on sight.. ya that works. morons.

[/quote']

And why do you assume a bandit would simply make himself stand out and simply cry out HEY LOOK AT ME, SHOOT ME!! 'cause yeah that's what the custom skin did. Why should there be a difference between the players? Even the bandits are survivors in a way, it shouldn't be up to the game to define for you who is and isn't a threat. Figure it out for yourself, either avoid contact and observe the person for a while before going up to someone or man the fuck up and face him directly, use direct chat, VOIP or not, to talk to the person.

It's a survival sandbox mod, part of surviving is figuring out if you can trust someone or not, if it is safe to go up to someone or not. Taking the risk of going into towns perhaps finding threats, perhaps not. Only morons would want to put a stamp on everything, not everything is black and white and easily definable.

I come across you and need bandages and you have some, wanna trade ? Great, I'll give you whatever you want for it and be on my way, or even team up with you if you so desire. Don't wanna trade? well eat some bullet to the face then 'cause I need those bandages. Does that mean I'm gonna shoot every survivor I meet, hell no. What does that make me then, bandit? survivor? I'd say something in between...

Finally i can actually be friendly with survivors after turning into a bandit from self defence, instead of getting shot in the face as soon as im seen, which results in me killing more survivors...