rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

I fully agree.

Rocket is doing great work' date=' and if he believes the actual bandit system isn't the right thing, it is surely a good try to remove it, and to look where it takes the game.

I do like PvP much.

I like Arma 2, i like project reality mod ...

BUT, killing your "teammates" is NOT PvP, and has nothing to do with skill.

There should be some way dividing the cheap murderer from the skilled player, maybe some way of statistic, so the worst fags can be identified.

It's not about disliking PvP or prefering PvE!

Is it the right balance, when in worst zombie apocalypse far more ppl are getting killed from shooting each other instead of beeing teared apart by zombies?

[/quote']

You cant class everyone who plays DayZ as a "Team mate" unfortunately. You could come across someone with 24k humanity but the second he knows you have an M4 SD he might decide he wants that bad boy and wastes you when your back is turned. That is part of the beauty of this game, its not a flaw at all!

You call people who "Murder" (Still a stupid term to use in a lawless state) others "Fags" yet without them, DayZ would be nothing more than a large scale version of Left for dead and it would get boring fast. All the people who are currently moaning about PK'ers would leave within a month due to boredom, seeing as zombies only offer so much challenge and replayability.

People just need to get to grips with the fact that there are PvPers in this mod, and that they are very much needed in order to generate the suspense and fear that this mod is proud of.

Tell me then' date=' how can you tell IRL good people from bad people?

On topic: I think this realistic change will filter those lil' pussies that simply wouldn't fit in post-apocalyptic world. It's the survival of the fittest, the strongest and the most cunning. If you want unrealuistic crappy cheating stuff that could help you to survive - this game is not for you. Go play "Barby and her Pony-Friends". Period.

[/quote']

Get lost with your stupid "But in real life!!111" argument. Likely no one in this forum would have the balls to murder a person in cold blood. Yet they are bragging about their negative humanity score like silly childs.

And since most of you banditards act like those silly childs there needs to be a kind of punishment for pointless murders. Period. Otherwise we'll have a nice FFA DM... with zombies. I guess this is not the intention of DayZ.

you fail to understand that the idiotic bandit skin actually causes the "FFA DM" as you call it.. bandits, even if they are bandits only cause of self defense will shot everyone cause they know survivors will 95% of the time KOS bandits, hence there is a circle of death when eveyone is shooting everyone.

plus the fact that there is a skin that is regarded as KOS is just dumb, idiotic, not realistic and serves mostly dumb players and noobs who need a special skin to know who the "bad guys" are.

Rocket,

I think you're right that it needs removed. Thought this is a game so things are going to happen in a certain way. If there is no way to tell if someone is a killer or not most people are just going to shoot others on site. There isn't much of a downside to doing so most of the time.

While its true its up to the players to not trust XxGokuCOD69xX the problem is you wont be able to tell most of the time.

1. A good majority of the servers don't have name-tags on so you won't be able to tell who it is you see.

2. You are not always on the same server (I know I'm not) so its different people you're playing with. Most player's wont know who is doing the killing and who can be trusted. That is why some mechanic needs to be put in place.

If there isn't something in place it will turn into the shoot first ask questions later. Most people won't risk dieing to see if someone would make a good friend or not. Especially, once they are later in the game.

I'm not sure what you can do considering the above. If nothing is done I'm pretty sure more killing on site will be done. Especially by people that are playing with IRL or mumble/steam friends.

I know you probably know better then I but just trying to add some helpful insight.

P.S. - Thank you for an amazing mod.

Dear Everybody,

Please refrain from using blanket statements such as, "if you don't change [insert 'I hate this thing' here], then everybody is going to [insert 'thing I hate most' here], and that would be bad."

You know about as much as I do, and I can tell you this. I do not know that everything is going to get better or worse, and neither do you.

It may change, and it may change into something you might not like. That being said, somebody, somewhere might like it very much, and their opinion weighs as much as yours does.

Thank you.

TKJ

p.s. 100% of people agree with me, in as much as 87.3% of all statistics stated as fact on the Internet are made up.

Please abuse/fanboy below so I can feast on your delicious tears...

My eyes do not leak.

Also:

Good. The bandit skin was advantageous versus the survivor skin in terms of camouflage and thus lead to the incentivisation of becoming one. Now players will focus on the actions of the player in their sights, rather than their appearance alone (as they should have been doing before).

Or they could just shoot them regardless.

Please abuse/fanboy below so I can feast on your delicious tears...

My eyes do not leak.

Also:

Good. The bandit skin was advantageous versus the survivor skin in terms of camouflage and thus lead to the incentivisation of becoming one. Now players will focus on the actions of the player in their sights' date=' rather than their appearance alone (as they should have been doing before).

Or they could just shoot them regardless.

[/quote']

Wut? Are you insane? Advantageous in terms of camouflage? You stick out like a sore thumb, due to the fact that its desert camo in a woodland environment. The group leader survivor skin is far more advantageous, especially at night!

The bandit skin looks cool and thats where the pluses end. Now if the bandit skin was woodland camo, it would be a different story.

Tell me then' date=' how can you tell IRL good people from bad people?

On topic: I think this realistic change will filter those lil' pussies that simply wouldn't fit in post-apocalyptic world. It's the survival of the fittest, the strongest and the most cunning. If you want unrealuistic crappy cheating stuff that could help you to survive - this game is not for you. Go play "Barby and her Pony-Friends". Period.

[/quote']

Get lost with your stupid "But in real life!!111" argument. Likely no one in this forum would have the balls to murder a person IRL. Yet they are bragging about their negative humanity score like silly childs.

And since most of you banditards act like those silly childs there needs to be a kind of punishment for pointless murders. Period. Otherwise we'll have a nice FFA DM... with zombies. I guess this is not the intention of DayZ.

ive just got +40% and moth of R\O

2. I am NOT a bandit you fucktard. I just DON'T want the game going easy on me and sayin "Oh lolz look that guy killed people before be careful omg he might shoot you omfg kill him before he shoots you omg omg omg!!!11"

I endorse this^

People keep making out that we want rid of the bandit skin because we want it easy. I'ts actually the total opposite.

1. I consider that you have played other games other than dayZ' date=' and I am 100% sure you've killed "people" there.

WHY THE FUCK YOU DID SO THEY ARE PEOPLE YOU ARE NOT DOING SO IRL WHY DID YOU KILL THEM OH GOD WHY STOP IT!

See how silly your argument sounds?[/quote']

Yeah. You totally got my point. What the hell are you even talking about?

I just DON'T want the game going easy on me and sayin "Oh lolz look that guy killed people before be careful omg he might shoot you omfg kill him before he shoots you omg omg omg!!!11"

You are really simple minded, aren't you? I never said the bandit-skins represent the best system i've ever seen. I just pointed out that there needs to be SOME KIND of punishment for people going the easy way of banditry. Mostly to prevent this game turning into another Deathmatch-Game.

"there needs to be SOME KIND of punishment for people going the easy way of banditry."

Er.. why? Why should there be an artificial penalty on bandits? It's not the wrong way to play, broski.

"there needs to be SOME KIND of punishment for people going the easy way of banditry."

Er.. why? Why should there be an artificial penalty on bandits? It's not the wrong way to play' date=' broski.

[/quote']

Because most of the greater storys we've read so far wouldn't even exist if everyone would kill anyone on sight. And this is what will most likely happen if the humanity score becomes completely worthless.

You are really simple minded' date=' aren't you? I never said the bandit-skins represent the best system i've ever seen. I just pointed out that there needs to be SOME KIND of punishment for people going the easy way of banditry.

[/quote']

Why should they be punished? For killing another person in a lawless land where there is no police, no courts and no one to reprimand you?

So who exactly is punishing these people? The all seeing "Skin altering humanity god"? The only justice that can and will be brought to bandits is by the people they wronged. Get a posse together and hunt them down, kill them and take back your stuff. Stop being a pussy and expecting some mythical skin god to do the work for you.

What part of zombie apocalypse dont people understand?

Er.. why? Why should there be an artificial penalty on bandits? It's not the wrong way to play' date=' broski.

[/quote']

Because most of the greater storys we've read so far wouldn't even exist if everyone would kill anyone on sight. And this is what will most likely happen if the humanity score becomes completely worthless.

Everyone didn't kill on sight before bandit skin existed. They won't do it afterwards either. Many people have said that even though they now kill on sight (forced to because of having a KOS bandit skin themselves) they wouldn't do it nearly as much without the bandit skin.

So you're trying to tell me that in that kind of situation everybody turns into a cold blooded murderer, killing every person on sight just for their personal joy and a can of beans? Most probably not. Even history proves you wrong.

Humans usually don't turn into murderers just for their personal advantage. Yet in video games they do, because it's friggin easy to click the left mouse button. Anyway, please stop comparing a video game to a dystopian situation IRL. No matter how hard you try to simulate realism it will still be a video game where people usually can't behave.

the reason for giving easy-bandits some kind of penality, disadvantage or some kind of advantage for being friendly is an easy one:

In games many are just shooting for sport or the lolz, IRL that wouldnt happen. You would kill for surviving but not just for fun. ( except you´re totally crazy ) Most would team up and be really happy to find others surviving.

So you're trying to tell me that in that kind of situation everybody turns into a cold blooded murderer' date=' killing every person on sight just for their personal joy and a can of beans? Most probably not. Even history proves you wrong.

Humans usually don't turn into murderers just for their personal advantage. Yet in video games they do, because it's friggin easy to click the left mouse button.

[/quote']

The bandit skin forces you to kill others though! Otherwise they see you in your shemagh and open up like theres no tomorrow and thats how the vast majority of players treat bandits.

The skin gives you this "Kill or be killed" mentality with little choice the majority of the time.

To answer your question on ppl turning into cold blooded killers; No, not all would do that, but if they did kill someone, there would be no punishment except the potential guilt they would carry with them and their loneliness.

The bandit skin forces you to kill others though!

Please try to understand that i'm also no real friend of the bandit skins.

But this feature shouldn't just be removed. Instead it should be replaced by a better and probably more fitting approach. Just for the sake of DayZ.

[/quote']

Arma adopts a realistic weapon damage, adds this to the fact that most of the servers are laggy, and you'll end to die without having any reaction time at all. You also lack in other environmental feel, so the player that have the intention to fire at you is far more advantaged than the pacific one, and since this is a videogame, usually 99% of players takes the "uber" root (you have plenty of examples with FPS's and unbalanced/too-powerful wepons). So in a week you'll only end with a single type of players: those ones that will shot at you on sigh, because it's simple.

In real life, it's tons different: you don't shoot at someone (even if being involved into a situation like this) just because "it's simple", or because you're bored, or because you're a noob. In real life you have ONE SINGLE LIFE .. and that's the key of everything. In this game you only going to loose your loot, but you have INFINITE lifes. So the reason "..because of real life.." to justify any game decision, is invalid from the start.

@Reuter and Njordin

You just name it.

In zombie apocalypse it can not be the aim to be the last man standing .. living alone among the dead, because of having killed all other survivors.

Sadly most of the players behaving exactly like this ...

@Reuter and Njordin

You just name it.

In zombie apocalypse it can not be the aim to be the last man standing .. living alone among the dead' date=' because of having killed all other survivors.

Sadly most of the players behaving exactly like this ...

[/quote']

I'm wondering if the people complaining about banditry have ever been up north? Like, past Mogilevka? When you DO run into someone up there, it's pretty much one of two scenarios, regardless of what skin they have:

1. Run like hell

2. Start shooting back.

I've been killed from ambush by more player skinned people than bandits.

ETA: In fact, on Saturday night, two of my friends in a 6-man group got shot right in front of me by someone in a player skin.

You would kill for surviving but not just for fun. ( except you´re totally crazy ) Most would team up and be really happy to find others surviving.

I doubt that. This would be a world with very limited supplies and full of people with guns who are starving.

I'm glad Rocket already has experience making a game that fits a specific niche. The reason this mod is great and the reason why I have strong faith it is only going to get better is because of Rocket and team. Unfortunately this mods popularity has exploded so fast that the community is starting to get overly saturated with whiny cod types. I am not exactly an arma veteran but I have always enjoyed arma series simply because its not about maximizing sales, but creating the most authentic mil sim as possible to a certain demographic. Now there seems to be a growing number of people who heard dayz is great and then get into game with a "OMG WHERES MY CARE PACKAGE, I NEEDS MY SENTRY GUN, THIS IS TOO HARD" mentality. The beauty is Rocket has a plan, a plan that hopefully will weed out most of the I want the easy route crowd. And tbh the bandit skin system catered to that mentality, and I can only assume that is one of the reasons Rocket is removing it.

Now those of you that think the bandit skin needs to stay because dirty pkers need to punished, well here is why your wrong.

1. The reason dayz is so popular is because it gives a very authentic survival experience to what most people who have ever thought of a zombie apocalypse imagine. It's dark, harsh, hard and dangerous. Adding the bandit skin took away from that in many ways, and added a level of easy comfort and clarity that should only be attained through hard work and cooperation in some form, rather than handed to you.

2. The Bandit skin in many cases just leads to more PKing. I for one was a survivor, worked toward staying a survivor and working with others. Then one day I was attacked by a couple survivors, I defended myself and turned bandit. Now I kill on sight because too many survivors like using your bandit skin as a justification to pk. This is the biggest issue I see for a lot of people complaining, removing this system now removes your excuse to pk without repercussions. Also, MOST "survivors" are noobs or act like noobs and rarely venture away from the coast.

3. The system punishes one group of players (bandits) for their play style, and actually benefits other players (survivors) for their play style.

4. Most people arguing about this seem pretty butthurt. I'm sorry some mean bandit stole your leet alice pack, 1911, winchester and your prized map that took 3 hours to find, all because you were running down the road in cherno holding a flare. Maybe this game isn't for you and never will be until you learn to adapt.

At the end of the day I couldn't care less if the skins stay. However I am excited about multiple skin system. Everyone just needs to learn to adapt, this game has shifted a lot since I have started, and it is just an alpha with many more changes coming. Everyone seriously needs to put away their insta whine thread button, and learn how to adapt to each change as that is true survival.

The bandit skin forces you to kill others though! Otherwise they see you in your shemagh and open up like theres no tomorrow and thats how the vast majority of players treat bandits.

I'm fine with this. Bandit's are better at getting together and working together than survivors are. I'm sure they could get together in a small group and work on improving their humanity through healing etc. It's not a death sentence to be a bandit nor is it permanent - it's a great mechanic in the game that will be missed - at least by me.

I'm glad Rocket already has experience making a game that fits a specific niche. The reason this mod is great and the reason why I have strong faith it is only going to get better is because of Rocket and team. Unfortunately this mods popularity has exploded so fast that the community is starting to get overly saturated with whiny cod types. I am not exactly an arma veteran but I have always enjoyed arma series simply because its not about maximizing sales' date=' but creating the most authentic mil sim as possible to a certain demographic. Now their seems to be a growing number of people who heard dayz is great and then get into game with a "OMG WHERES MY CARE PACKAGE, I NEEDS MY SENTRY GUN, THIS IS TOO HARD" mentality. The beauty is Rocket has a plan, a plan that hopefully will weed out most of the I want the easy route crowd. And tbh the bandit skin system catered to that mentality, and I can only assume that is one of the reasons Rocket is removing it.

Now those of you that think the bandit skin needs to stay because dirty pkers need to punished, well here is why your wrong.

1. The reason dayz is so popular is because it gives a very authentic survival experience to what most people who have ever thought of a zombie apocalypse imagine. It's dark, harsh, hard and dangerous. Adding the bandit skin took away from that in many ways, and added a level of easy comfort and clarity that should only be attained through hard work and cooperation in some form, rather than handed to you.

2. The Bandit skin in many cases just leads to more PKing. I for one was a survivor, worked toward staying a survivor and working with others. Then one day I was attacked by a couple survivors, I defended myself and turned bandit. Now I kill on sight because too many survivors like using your bandit skin as a justification to pk. This is the biggest issue I see for a lot of people complaining, removing this system now removes your excuse to pk without repercussions. Also, MOST "survivors" are noobs or act like noobs and rarely venture away from the coast.

3. The system punishes one group of players (bandits) for their play style, and actually benefits other players (survivors) for their play style.

4. Most people arguing about this seem pretty butthurt. I'm sorry some mean bandit stole your leet alice pack, 1911, winchester and your prized map that took 3 hours to find, all because you were running down the road in cherno holding a flare. Maybe this game isn't for you and never will be until you learn to adapt.

At the end of the day I couldn't care less if the skins stay. However I am excited about multiple skin system. Everyone just needs to learn to adapt, this game has shifted a lot since I have started, and it is just an alpha with many more changes coming. Everyone seriously needs to put away their insta whine thread button, and learn how to adapt to each change as that is true survival.

[/quote']

This statement is truth. No further need to elaborate.