Sign in to follow this  
Gareth_Sims (DayZ)

If DayZ was Real, how would you act?

Kill everyone, loot everything.

good luck :D

Edited by trokiijs

good luck :D

What you mean? He can just loot a deer stand and find an AKM, sorted. :P

One thing is for sure... If I saw as many empty tin cans in real life as I do in the game, I would be fucking pissed off!

Clearly you've never lived in the united kingdom... empty cans everywhere yo

I would have sex with a zombie girl and have half human half zombie babies

• Like 1

Let's face it, if a zombie apocalypse were to happen, the government would "lock us up" in secure places away from the zombies and the army would deal with the infected themselves.

lol yeah right

• Like 2

Kill everyone, loot everything.

With that attitude you would die. Fast.

Most zombie apocalype happens in the US anyway ( according to movies ) so i don't have any plans for this kind of situation ;)

Really you guys? LOL if you thought of raiding a store or pharmacy or going to a convenience store as your plan your alredy dead... How many more people do you think have that same exact plan?

Myself I already have bugout bag and bugin supplies, food to last at my home for 6 months, several weapons sks, mossberg 12ga, bersa 9mm, ruger 10/22, mousin nagant and a sig sauer 45 2-600 rounds for each.

Stay home lock up tight and watch the situation unfold for the 1st 3 days minimum preferably 3 weeks, one of the rooms in my garage I built has 2 very sturdy steel doors that lock form the inside, an attic ladder in same room can get to the roof if needed from the attic, weapons and water is stored up there, and my handguns stored downstairs, closet in same room is stocked with the food storage. 3 55 gallon barrels of water in the back yard shed.

After that depending on how it looks outside may try to head out to the mountains 3 hours drive from my house cabins and streams nearby plenty of game to hunt and a few ranches no idea how to farm tho lol. Would fortify that area in case any infected wandered in, then sit back and live it up in the mountains. Go back down in a year or two see what the cities look like scavenge for clothing and necessities.

Lolz, that's a great idea.

Thing is offcourse that a zombie infestation through bites is impossible to occur worldwide. It won't let a whole nation fall into chaos either, it would probably be over before it can spread throughout a whole continent. And if it's spreading through the air then we are probably all fucked, but i don't see that crossing the pacific ocean either.

I wouldn't underestimate the power of the winds in the atmosphere. It may be unlikely, but the potential is there. It can carry shit around the globe like it does with ash from volcanic eruptions.

Let's face it, if a zombie apocalypse were to happen, the government would "lock us up" in secure places away from the zombies and the army would deal with the infected themselves. They can fight off other armies with guns and vehicles, I think a zombie apocalypse would be a piece of cake for them. I'm sure if it were to happen not even 10% of the population would get infected.

They'd lock us up alright... but not in the secure fashion you're thinking. It'd be more like a quarantine type. I don't think I'd be happy with that. I do agree with the arsenal they have, a zombie apocalypse would probably be easy cake for them.

I think in a real zombie apocalypse, in the immediate aftermath, there'd be opportunistic looters looking to take advantage of the situation (much like current DayZ). But, eventually, most people would come to realize that they can't do shit on their own (this ain't video game after all where your character magically knows enough on how to fix choppers and even pilot it). Every community would probably have their own group. Eventually, overtime, you'd have larger and larger groups and civilization would be re-established. It's happened before in the last known mass-extinction event the human race went through, it will happen again.

Those that say they'd kill, lolz. Why do you think crime scene cleaners get paid so much? It's cause most people can't stomach seeing that stuff. A lot of soldiers go home with PTSD. Most people here probably can't even slaughter a pig, much less kill an innocent human being. This is not a game, people. You're no longer a superhero the game would like you to think.

Also, your supplies won't magically replenish itself by "spawning". You can't possibly live on scavenging forever. Civilizations developed for a reason. You need others to make shit you use. How bout that shiny weapon you have? You can't possibly shoot millions of infected and not run out of rounds. Same thing with the gasoline, eventually you'll run out of fuel cause no one is producing it. The benefits of banding up greatly outweighs shooting each other senselessly. Sure, you'd have idiots thinking murdering everyone is better, but those types won't survive and they'll get weeded out. The human species got to where it is now because we work together to make things happen, not by senselessly killing each other.

Edited by Whattteva
  • Like 1

Really you guys? LOL if you thought of raiding a store or pharmacy or going to a convenience store as your plan your alredy dead... How many more people do you think have that same exact plan?

Myself I already have bugout bag and bugin supplies, food to last at my home for 6 months, several weapons sks, mossberg 12ga, bersa 9mm, ruger 10/22, mousin nagant and a sig sauer 45 2-600 rounds for each.

Stay home lock up tight and watch the situation unfold for the 1st 3 days minimum preferably 3 weeks, one of the rooms in my garage I built has 2 very sturdy steel doors that lock form the inside, an attic ladder in same room can get to the roof if needed from the attic, weapons and water is stored up there, and my handguns stored downstairs, closet in same room is stocked with the food storage. 3 55 gallon barrels of water in the back yard shed.

After that depending on how it looks outside may try to head out to the mountains 3 hours drive from my house cabins and streams nearby plenty of game to hunt and a few ranches no idea how to farm tho lol. Would fortify that area in case any infected wandered in, then sit back and live it up in the mountains. Go back down in a year or two see what the cities look like scavenge for clothing and necessities.

well, most likely military guys would drop a nuke on your house and zombies around you.

Edited by trokiijs
  • Like 1

Thing is offcourse that a zombie infestation through bites is impossible to occur worldwide. It won't let a whole nation fall into chaos either, it would probably be over before it can spread throughout a whole continent. And if it's spreading through the air then we are probably all fucked, but i don't see that crossing the pacific ocean either.

You're assuming the infection presents immediately. If it has a dormancy period of 6-12 months or more, it could easily spread far and wide from just a few initial infections. Spreading through "bites" is just another word for fluid transfer. This can occur in... other ways apart from biting.

You're also ignoring the possibility the virus was started in multiple locations at once, perhaps as an act of bioterrorism gone wrong. Release it in the 25 most populous cities in the world simultaneously and things are going to go to shit pretty quickly.

You overestimate the ability of emergency services to get something like this under control. They would be out-numbered and out-manned in no time at all.

Hell, for all you know we're all already infected in the game it just hasn't taken over our systems yet...

So you're absolutely fine. Unless someone has a pack of matches and lights your house on fire.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

rtk6c.jpg

that's what i'm talking about [edit for moderation]

Edited by Dingus
  • Like 1

I would wander around buildings aimlessly, alternative between making monkey noises and jetson's car noises.

When I see people I would chase them for awhile, Benny Hill style, but then stop and start walking about aimlessly again.

Because, let's face it, if this shit happens chances are I am going to be a zed.

• Like 1

that's what i'm talking about [edit for moderation]

Lol, isn't that from a manga/anime called "Sankarea"? It's pretty good series, actually. There's another one similar to it, but with a ghost girl... something like Dusk Maiden, Amnesia.

Lol, isn't that from a manga/anime called "Sankarea"? It's pretty good series, actually. There's another one similar to it, but with a ghost girl... something like Dusk Maiden, Amnesia.

That is correct, though the anime for Rea was terribad.

That is correct, though the anime for Rea was terribad.

Yeah, I agree, they kinda' rushed it, but they do have to fit it in a season, so a lot of anime are more or less like this.

Now, your sig (and your avatar) is that Yuru x Yuri?

Edited by Whattteva

I'd don my uniform and rank and hope I can find a group of people to lead. You're NOT safer alone.

Edited by BoomBoom

Yeah, I agree, they kinda' rushed it, but they do have to fit it in a season, so a lot of anime are more or less like this.

Now, your sig (and your avatar) is that Yuru x Yuri?

Yeah, but to save the thread, you could go to PM to talk more about it. I don't like to derail threads :blush: