rocket

Kicking of Players for Clan members

"Hey guys, come pay to host my servers." is pretty much how rocket is running his show at the moment, which is fine considering he made the mod. I just wish it wasn't all glorified like it's a PRIVILEGE to pay for his servers, for his mod, that he's going to get a huge payout for in the end. I still haven't seen a single comment from any of the devs/mods/ or playerbase that actually points out a valid reason for private servers with local databases to be disallowed..

It doesnt matter any more. The hive has gotten out of hand.

When I look over my server list, there is about a full page of passworded servers.

Maintaining a hive with compliant servers is a fantasy.

Because its in testing, its not really even a game right now (technically it is). When its in full release then theres a reason to be getting angry at it, I would call BS just as quickly, but for now Rocket wants to keep it out in the open and see how it fares as -he- see's the game in his head. Once its in beta, once its in full release, then its time to start pleasing the players. For now, he just needs to make sure the game will run without it crashing constantly and various other bugs dont ruin the game. I understand why he doesnt post things like this because thats -all- he would be doing. ITS ALPHA. Stop complaining about features he hasnt implemented yet when the game isnt even technically released. Just relax and be thankful its an open alpha you can play.

And if Rocket reads this, those "Passworded" servers need to be shut down without any warning. Thats just stupid to have a passworded server right now.

A person being allowed to run a server has to remember, this mod is in alpha. That means that the dev is allowing server to have a wide base of playtesters. This is not a completed and on the market item. If you want to pay money out to be a part of this playtesting that is fine. But, it is a privilege. Especially if the actions of the server host is treating people in a manner that will kill and give a bad reputation to this project before it even has time to get to beta. I would agree with Rocket. He has every right for HIS intellectual property to apply any rules he likes. The purpose of these servers is a development aid for him. The fact that we can take part in the fun and thrill IS a privilege.

They're passwording their servers since the amount of cheaters has gone out of hand...For every cause there is a reason.

The fact that we can take part in the fun and thrill IS a privilege.

hahahaha, oh wow.

Personally I don't have an issue with players being kicked for Clan members, as long as the server is the "home" server of the clan.

I know that is somewhat "taboo" in this game, but every other online game has this, and yes some do abuse it but the majority do not. In my thinking the Clan is paying for the server, so really they have first call as far as getting in, most host game server so they are guarenteed a place to play and will have their group on there nearly always when they are playing.

And really there are not many clans that would have more than 10 or so people on the same game at any one time (apart from organised runs / competition), so for me I don't mind.

Because of the rules laid out by the dev team in this mod, this is not something that really "should" happen, perhaps in this case the admin could just ask :

"hey, would anyone mind changing servers, a clan member would like to play here as it's our home server".

I'm sure someone would leave in that case (I would).

Can someone explain how every player on a server not only got kicked from the server, but everyone got killed as well?

I managed to grab this image on my phone as we all got killed.

2012-07-01%2019.59.39.jpg

I had my fully packed character killed through no fault of mine. Surely it's wrong that a sysadmin can kick AND kill your character.

(Sorry I forgot to get the details of the server that I was on when this happened)

Admins can't kill everyone. That was a hacker.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, or how possible it would be, but a couple slots reserved for people who have admin password to the server would be nice.

Teammate was banned for killing 3 of 8 bandits north of Cherno camping new spawns...they thought he hacked when in fact, he simply killed 3 idiots with a hatchet before they even knew what was going on. Cheap to abuse power like that...just saying.

Revenge killed the other 5 a few minutes later. Night vision works good when I pop a flare in your face doesn't it. Go back to battlefield puny humans...eat my 1911 all day...maniacle laugh, maniacle laugh, maniacle laugh...

Anyways...people abuse it for reasons other than freeing space. Toddles!

I'm on the fence, because on the one hand I don't enjoy getting kicked out of servers, which I have been from time to time and has resulted in some unfortunate demises but on the other I'm not willing to pay my self for a server for others to use, so it makes sense that those who do get a bit extra rights to access that server when they want to. I think that reserving spots is necessary for at least for admins since its is better to have servers monitored by someone in game since they can directly experience any major problems (so long as they dont abuse that power). I do not know if donors deserve reserved space though, some thing else like a custom skin or tag on their name or something like that is probably better just because thats more in the spirit of what donating is for, rather than turning into selling slots on servers.

People who are hosting servers are more like very big donors to the game in the end though, they are giving their own resources in order to support the vision on the developers. But I guess its inevitable that not every body shares the developers vision. From what Rocket is saying, it seems that they are taking the approach if you don't want to follow their vision their is really no reason to host a server for them. But I doubt they want people who are giving their resources to feel exploited, so I'm sure they'll figure something out. In the mean time I'll just have to avoid servers with a tendency to kick!

What i want:

No kick allowed

No ban allowed

TCHAT BAN for insult / racism ALLOWED only thing that admin need. Why should they kick? if we allow kick, they gonna kick players that they dont like (because they are too good, or kill them many time etccc.)

No slots reserved

No password protection

I want to play everywhere, i dont want to be kicked cause i kill other players, i dont want to be kicked cause i am a camper and admin hate camper, i dont want to fight versus clan who get their weapon a on their private server.

That what i want, if server owner dont understand this, they dont deserve to own a day z server imo :o

Edited by yoskeleton

... I would just like to say that, in my opinion, it would be far more effective to release LOCAL server files. This meaning that anyone can host a server that functions, but the ones with "Local" hives would only be on that machine's database. This way, groups of people can play with each other, the Dev team won't have to worry about main database overload, and players don't have to worry about OP people boosting on private servers, because again it's only ON THAT MACHINE. This way, everyone's happy and we no longer have to carry on a discussion :P

I do agree a lot with the idea of private/local servers post release. I'm sure there are a lot of people that would love to be able to get a group together and explore the world without other players. I've been in a many pvp fight and it really is exhilarating with the knowledge that if you get killed, not only do you lose all your stuff, but that @$$hole gets to take it as well (and beleive me, I've been the dead guy plenty of times XD), or you're out by yourself, you're checking out a town, and all of a sudden your hear gunshots. It really adds a layer to the game that you can't get A.I. or without other players. Making a private server with a local database is essentially giving the game a much different experience (basically PvE vs. PvP), and I do whole-heartedly feel that a character from one environment should not interact with the other, as noted above and in many other posts, you get all this awesome gear with no threat of other players killing you, then head into a PvP server and start romping people. If it's a public server, it's pvp and you get an experience like no other, but I am fond of the idea of getting together with my friends and just having a go at the game with just our group in our own little world, trying to accomplish some goals we've set for ourselves. The game has plenty of objectives in and of itself, and it is a pretty nifty idea of being the "Omega man/men." I think that giving players the option of PvE vs. PvP would attract even more players. While taking the bandit aspect out of the game may ruin it for some, it may be just the thing other players are looking for. As of now, you've got thousands upon thousands of people testing this game, which is giving the developers an invaluable amount of data that they need to ensure this mod is working as well as it can come the release . I'm glad I found out about this project and am proud to be among the many testing it out.

Ok Guys, I read all discussions and I'm agreed with many of them... but,

Please realize also taht a clan give money to host a server and prices are not so cheap!!!

Is not possibile and not accetable that owner, and his team mates have to wait 20 minutes to enter in their server!

Is absolutelly needed to review this rule to provide and grant that who pay the server is granted to play.

I can understeand that mod is mod and could have his rules, but people who pay , I guess don't pay to see someone else to play in their payed server.

Think also to this please ;)

What i want:

No kick allowed

No ban allowed

TCHAT BAN for insult / racism ALLOWED only thing that admin need. Why should they kick? if we allow kick, they gonna kick players that they dont like (because they are too good, or kill them many time etccc.)

No slots reserved

No password protection

I want to play everywhere, i dont want to be kicked cause i kill other players, i dont want to be kicked cause i am a camper and admin hate camper, i dont want to fight versus clan who get their weapon a on their private server.

That what i want, if server owner dont understand this, they dont deserve to own a day z server imo :o

I think that Dayz Ha ve to be separed from clan hosting and no clan hosting. Like I wrote above, there is a huge motives because of also us (clan) would like to play.

Problem is not that someone kill you, this is a game, or that someone camp, this is also possible in a survival action, but I'm not disposal to pay 41 euros/month for strangers without the possibility to enter inside my server e let who payed play with me.

So far, I never kicked players but ?im tired to wait 20 minute to acces my server .(In add I also have to see that another player want to kick me with no reason, and I can't make nothing... this is illogical)

Edited by =AB=Teofilatto

Ok Guys, I read all discussions and I'm agreed with many of them... but,

Please realize also taht a clan give money to host a server and prices are not so cheap!!!

Is not possibile and not accetable that owner, and his team mates have to wait 20 minutes to enter in their server!

Is absolutelly needed to review this rule to provide and grant that who pay the server is granted to play.

I can understeand that mod is mod and could have his rules, but people who pay , I guess don't pay to see someone else to play in their payed server.

Think also to this please ;)

these are the rules - and i dont entirely agree with them - so anyone paying to host a server knows exactly what they are getting into. If they haven't thought to read the server hosting rules properly then they only have themselves to blame! yes i'd like to have a good server that i could use regularly and have some control over, even getting in when its full...but as things stand i cant, so i wont pay the money to host one. if you dont like the rules, dont pay for a server - it really is that simple!

• Like 1

I hate when they kick for clan... It happened to me before a few times, probably because my name starts with A and i'm usually first on the player list... They should just reserve like 2 slots so only allowed persons can join them, that would solve the kicking. Also hate when they just lock the servers, probably for the same reason, to get more room for clan members and i think servers that do that should be banned, or removed from the system so that ppl can't jump from such private servers to official dayz servers.

these are the rules - and i dont entirely agree with them - so anyone paying to host a server knows exactly what they are getting into. If they haven't thought to read the server hosting rules properly then they only have themselves to blame! yes i'd like to have a good server that i could use regularly and have some control over, even getting in when its full...but as things stand i cant, so i wont pay the money to host one. if you dont like the rules, dont pay for a server - it really is that simple!

DayZ is a MOD not a stand alone game !

I rented a ARMA2 server ;) And BIS have different rules about server hosting.

I guess that if I pay a service I have to use that service (this is a first commerce rule where Dayz mod come to be inn).

I repeat, that I'm agree with all other rules, also if some of theme have really not sense) but I'm disposal to accept, but Dayz Devs can't says "so guys pay out for server and host our mod, but you are not allowed to play inside your own server because we are beauty and simpaty and want make space for the entire world and you have to wait" , I'm sorry this is not commercial admitted.

Edited by =AB=Teofilatto

DayZ is a MOD not a stand alone game !

I rented a ARMA2 server ;) And BIS have different rules about server hosting.

I guess that if I pay a service I have to use that service (this is a first commerce rule where Dayz mod come to be inn).

I repeat, that I'm agree with all other rules, also if some of theme have really not sense) but I'm disposal to accept, but Dayz Devs can't says "so guys pay out for server and host our mod, but you are not allowed to play inside your own server because we are beauty and simpaty and want make space for the entire world and you have to wait" , I'm sorry this is not commercial admitted.

I think you need to look at it from the point of view that during this Alpha stage you are donating your server to help out. Once the game becomes standalone, and it will, then hopefully these technical difficulties will be resolved.

Yeah, it's a bummer when you can't get on your own server (I run an Arma, Iron Front and occasional ToH server) but in this instance you're just going to have to take it on the chin and be proud to be part of it all. You can withdraw your server, which would be a shame, but no-one can blame you for doing so. I understand that paying for a server you can't play on is a bit of drag - especially if you're taking donations from clan members. But maybe these aren't really appropriate servers to be offering up?

Reserving slots has been a feature request for Arma for bloody ages - I am not even sure it's going to be there for Arma 3! However when DayZ go standalone they have the opportunity to add this in. Also hopefully they will figure out how to give out the server files without creating hacker mana from heaven. This should increase the number of servers out there and therefore reduce the load on individual servers.

Also, you never know, those that helped out by providing servers during the Alpha might get something nice from the DayZ team when they go their own way...

Not sure where this idea that as owners we aren't allowed to kick players to free up a slot for ourselves. This thread it titled "Kicking of players for clan members" and the thread states clan members and people who donate. It does not say we can not kick players to get into our own server. That would be just ridiculous. If I need to check my server is running properly or to administrate it I'm going to kick someone to free up a space so I can get in ( not that I've had to ). It would be ludicrous to deny server owners that privilege.

Edited by Ammo

OMFG

don't want to follow rules - don't install the mod

don't like the game - don't play it

broke the agreement - don't cry about being banned

So fucking simple!

Rocket gives you this mod for FREE and in exchange asks you to follow simple RULES. You just can't say:

"Okey I will take this mod fo free, enjoy playing it with my friends, but I don't give a fuck about your rules Rocket. I payed for server - I set my own rules."

Fine - you pay for server, but if you don't follow the rules - delete the mode from server and set any you want that doesn't require you to follow such rules - nobody bans you from that. But by setting up this mod on YOUR server you automatically agree with the rules, just like when you install any game, you put a sign that you agree with the license agreement of that game and you HAVE to follow those rules, else Get The Fuck Out. Go make your own mod, set you own rules and be the motherfucking king.

Those who still got shit in their heads, bitchy haters, and offended banned server owners - nobody gives a fuck about you. You put yourselves in this situation, you agreed with the rules - you broke the rules, now go cry in your pillow or excuse yourself, act like a man, but not a stupid whining immature noob. Then contact support and you'll have access to it again as long as you respect the rules attached to this mod distribution agreement.

If you bought a gun, the fact that you payed for it does not provide you with the right to aim it at everyone just because it's yours and you think you're free to use it any way you want.

I'm done, thanks for your attention.

Edited by Delta-Dude
  • Like 7

hmm i see a re-occurring theme here, there is constant talk about it being a constant strain on the servers etc..... now i can understand this, However, you as far as i am told are not accepting donations that would greatly advance what you would be able to afford as far as servers and bandwidth are concerned and its at the cost of those forking out already to support your project..... just seems ridiculously backward to me, i mean, there are people offering donations not wanting to buy shares, they aren't going to tell you how to make the game and what you have been doing aside from the way servers are managed has been fine. i just don't see the sense in telling people what they can/cant do with their servers when there are multitudes of people offing to lessen the financial burden attributed to the correct operation of verification/log in/hive servers. i mean all other fps games have servers that do/dont do well, the bad ones will weed themselves out. and with donations/contributions im sure you will be able to afford the appropriate measures to make it all work.

Rikta - think they don't accept donations, because then they would feel responsible for the work progress, how fast and good it goes, how much of stuff community wants they put in this game.. they would feel dependent and lose their freedom in creating and modifying this mod.

The have creative freedom that any developer needs to make a brilliant game, and as long as it's on Alpha only - they don't need much more.

Edited by Delta-Dude

read the post!!!! fk me, damn skim readers, donation insinuates that they have no obligation in regards to progress and creativity, take ya reading glasses out MATE. fk sake. It makes little or no sense for them to claim to not have the resources but then to deny the very thing they need to continue the project. and they need much much more... read the forums once in a while its plagued with server issues and it all comes down to a lack of overall servers and bandwidth things that can easily be remedied by a few out of the half a million people playing handing over a few dollars for the sake of getting the material resources that they need no one is demanding that they make the game a certain way after they pay. no one is buying the company or making offers to buy the shares it would just be for the benefit of everyone, the only thing that needs to change is the attitude towards server owners and what they can/cannot do, it is ridiculous saying to the people who OWN the servers their game is hosted on that they cannot make room for them and theirs. thats literally all they want is that right....... nothing more..... so next time mate read the post.