AshB

I havnt played since 1.5.6..What changes have been made?

Like the title, I havnt played DayZ since 1.5.6..Will my char still be alive/where i left him? What are the major changes that have been made? When I last played vehicles had just been re-introduced. I was Northwest somwhere, I had survived about 4 and a half hours and had some nice gear and a nice supply of food/water.

Wow you haven't played that long? Pray you don't spawn in the debug forest with nothing on you (not even backpack).

Like the title, I havnt played DayZ since 1.5.6..Will my char still be alive/where i left him? What are the major changes that have been made? When I last played vehicles had just been re-introduced. I was Northwest somwhere, I had survived about 4 and a half hours and had some nice gear and a nice supply of food/water.

zombies loose aggro now. thats pretty much the biggest change besides security/exploit/improvement/fps/lag fixes.

I'll be the one to point out the obvious. Read the change log douche

http://stats.six-upd...aa-001517bd964c

Oh and your 'amazing' progress of 4 1/2 hours with some food and water is not something i'd be all that proud of mentioning

Edit: Wow lots of replies in 4 mins since I saw the post

Edited by PsychoChicken

Alright i get the changelog idea, just trying to spark up some conversation...I remember a player posting on here about finding a radio somewhere, and hearing weird broadcasts. I still have the recording he made somewhere on my HD..anything ever come of that? maybe it was just a hoax

Alright i get the changelog idea, just trying to spark up some conversation...I remember a player posting on here about finding a radio somewhere, and hearing weird broadcasts. I still have the recording he made somewhere on my HD..anything ever come of that? maybe it was just a hoax

It turned out to be fake, IIRC.

Oh and your 'amazing' progress of 4 1/2 hours with some food and water is not something i'd be all that proud of mentioning

I think your missing the point, I dont think i said it was amazing progress. Id rather log in having retained all my previous gear i amassed over those four and a half hours than start in the middle of nowhere than nothing.

zombies loose aggro now. thats pretty much the biggest change besides security/exploit/improvement/fps/lag fixes.

Are you telling me, if i pull a zed..it will no longer chase me till the end of time? nice

They put a giant dragon in the middle of the map that grants wishes.

Alright i get the changelog idea, just trying to spark up some conversation..

Fair nuff. Was just annoyed by yet another generic thread. If getting a conversation going was your objective they why not phrase it along the lines of "What are the best/worst changes since 1.5.6" or "What ever happened about the radio that was found?"

From my view:

Best

- improved connection speed (not for everyone but usually for me)

- line of site logic improvements

- melee weapons

- tool belt for flashlights

- no weapon on spawn

Worst

- High rate of interior zombie spawns

- Couldn't think of any other bad changes that aren't unintentional bugs

Changelogs are made for a reason.

Worst

- High rate of interior zombie spawns

this is no problem, throw an empty can outside the house and they will shuffle out

anyway, at the time OP played there were only interior spawns I think so another thing to add to the list is exterior infected spawns

Edited by moriak

this is no problem, throw an empty can outside the house and they will shuffle out

Yeah I try that but depending on the building its hit n miss if the zeds id the throw even right outside the door (especially when upstairs or in rear rooms of barracks) Will be even harder when they have reduced hearing through walls with 1.7.2.1.

Luckily I have sd mags for my m9 and l85. gun is still loud but an old arma glitch means that the zeds don't get agro

Don't expect many friendlies, there's a shoot first policy on most servers, Chat is mostly gone also. After so long and the ammount of glitches you may have to start over. Losing Zeds is easy.

Cherno is a hoiliday camp.

Why are you being such a prick? The OP asked a simple question and you come in here calling him a "douche" and belittling him when he never even mentioned his progress in the game. The OP simply asked if he was going to lose what he had or not, and wanted to know what other changes were mad. People like you that have nothing but a negative attitude in every situation are what make this community look so bad.

If you actually enjoy this game you'd try to support other players (Yes, even if you're a bandit.) on the forums so as to continue to allow the game to grow and accrue more players. If you treat people with respect, a good portion of them might just turn out to be really great additions to the community. If you're just abrasive without reason then you're only going to drive potential players and potential contributors to the game and the community away.

And like I said, that applies even if you are a bandit when in regards to the overall DayZ community.

Edited by McSlaughter

Why are you being such a prick? The OP asked a simple question and you come in here calling him a "douche" and belittling him when he never even mentioned his progress in the game. The OP simply asked if he was going to lose what he had or not, and wanted to know what other changes were mad. People like you that have nothing but a negative attitude in every situation are what make this community look so bad.

If you actually enjoy this game you'd try to support other players (Yes, even if you're a bandit.) on the forums so as to continue to allow the game to grow and accrue more players. If you treat people with respect, a good portion of them might just turn out to be really great additions to the community. If you're just abrasive without reason then you're only going to drive potential players and potential contributors to the game and the community away.

And like I said, that applies even if you are a bandit when in regards to the overall DayZ community.

My reason was outlined in my response to the OP ("Was just annoyed by yet another generic thread"). The post basically stated that someone hasn't played the mod for 6 weeks and didn't feel like looking up information themselves. That looked like a waste of time hence my first response. They clarified their purpose and so I made a response that was based on the topic they originally intended but didn't express.

I think I was very moderate given how the first post read so don't lump me in to some kind of "people like you" crap when nothing in any of my posts on this forum to date have been negative besides one sentence above.