Sign in to follow this  
Batuhan87

Why the hell no one talks in game?

I've started playing this game 3 days ago.Joined like 15-20 servers and well. No one talks rofl.Not even one person responds to simple ''hai ppl''.And those servers have 50-70 ppl in it. Well i myself had a hard time finding the chat bind.So maybe ppl cant figure out how to chat or something.Whose idea was putting the chat bind to '';'' anyway?

People are too busy killing each other to respond to your "hai ppl" nonsense.

Not to mention, Global and Side chat has been removed since 1.7.1.5(?) anyway. Get within 40m of someone and use Direct Communications, you're probably going to get shot in the face though. Enjoy!

Edited by Cyric

People are too busy killing each other to respond to your "hai ppl" nonsense.

Not to mention, Global and Side chat has been removed since 1.7.1.5(?) anyway. Get within 40m of someone and use Direct Communications, you're probably going to get shot in the face though. Enjoy!

They should play single player games then.

global channels have been removed as mentioned above (although some server still have them)

direct channel range in 40m for text and 80m for voice

group channel does not work.. dunno about vehicle channel since I never had a chance to use it

more info on text and voice comm: http://dayzmod.com/f...-communication/

So this mod is pretty much singleplayer except for the people killing each other on sight.

So this mod is pretty much singleplayer except for the people killing each other on sight.

Yeah, that's what it turned into pretty much...

Force them to talk to you, if they don't then kill them. That's how I do it.

• Like 1

Not if you join a group and roll with them.

I wouldn't go around thinking you're playing single player.. you'll run into some preeeeetty smart AI if that's the case..

You know, the kind that will hunt you across the map.

Not to mention, the odd time you'll come across a friendly and team up for a bit.. just be vigilant because even seemingly friendly players will sometimes stab you in the back if you give them the chance. ;)

Edited by Cyanyde

Yeah, that's what it turned into pretty much...

Well thats some hardcore bullshit.Way to ruin a game.

I don't know what you expected if you knew that the players were killing each other on sight and you didn't bring anybody to play with you. :P

I don't know what you expected if you knew that the players were killing each other on sight and you didn't bring anybody to play with you. :P

I was expecting a mutliplayer experience that people group up by global chat to kill bandits or vice versa.Not a singleplayer game with a little multiplayer aspect.

I was expecting a mutliplayer experience that people group up by global chat to kill bandits or vice versa.Not a singleplayer game with a little multiplayer aspect.

Well you can still find a group to play with by searching on the forums or on reddit or whatever other site. But yeah don't expect players you don't know to trust you when stumbling upon them, and not trusting somebody means you must kill them before they kill you.

i would argue that multiplayer is a huge aspect of this game even without global chat or friendly strangers. the real danger in the game is people, not zombies. AI is easy to fool, humans are a whole different story. plus you can still meet up with people you know or have met via websites or clans or whatever.

I heard that they might add radios to the game, so people with a radio can talk to each other in global chat.

In earlier versions of the game, I found group organization far easier to accomplish than the current form where there is no side/global chat. While it provides us with a realistic and tension-filled way of playing the game, the fact that everyone is a muderous paranoid schizophrenic takes the humanity out of it. There's no fear or knowledge if you have someone on the other end of the barrel, it's just the secure feeling that "It's a game, they can deal with it" and a button is pushed to fire shots. It doesn't matter if you shoot somebody. You have no moral obligation to life, thus the direct chat function is made dangerous.

With side-chat gone, we must rely on direct chat, or as another user said, bring friends into the game (an option not possible for many players). The "heat of the moment" takes away an individuals moment of thought when they know the other player might have much less to risk than they do, and they don't really want to be shot first. So spurred on by paranoia, one player ends up shooting the other, without being sure if they were going to be shot at in the first place. It's the pressure of the unknown; "friendly or not" that causes plenty of the shoot-on-sight deaths.

I heard that they might add radios to the game, so people with a radio can talk to each other in global chat.

I'd be all for this. I just hope they are easy to get a hold of. It allows for a lot more possibility, and with the dead soldiers and crashed hummers & UAZs all over the place, they should be a moderately common find.

Edited by Captain Q

personally I like that there is no global chat, it could get pretty annoying sometimes

although I wouldn't mind if the channels existed and there was a client-side option to disable them

Edited by moriak
  • Like 2

This game has by far been the best multiplayer experiance I have had in a long time. Just so you know not everyone thinks it is a singleplayer game.

Exhibit A

Edited by BTT`

Why would I talk to you from 80m away, when I can just as easily send my message from 100m away, in the form of a 5.56×45mm package?

voice chat works fine, plenty of people use it. sorry you don't share my experience

global channels have been removed as mentioned above (although some server still have them)

direct channel range in 40m for text and 80m for voice

group channel does not work.. dunno about vehicle channel since I never had a chance to use it

more info on text and voice comm: http://dayzmod.com/f...-communication/

I heard it was 20m for text. Which makes it pretty much useless.

Edited by Wulfear

Or we could just pretend that the existing global chat IS A RADIO. Why add something that already exists?

I heard it was 20m for text. Which makes it pretty much useless.

the range for text has been increased to 40m in beta 93586 (also mentioned in the thread I linked)

Honestly shooting people because they don't respond in chat is a bad idea right now, if no one is responding to you it could be you as well that is bugged. I've noticed it alot lately and it really really sucks, direct comms and direct comms voice is just plain broke right now or not working for a lot of people. I can't speak in direct chat, whatever i type no one sees, My girlfriend has same thing happening to her now and also ran into another fellow player and we couldn't talk to each other either because his direct chat was not working and my direct chat was not working also. they really need to fix this problem because its creating a lot of issues. for example server i play on has side chat channel still and we can talk in that channel just fine, but still direct chat isn't working at all. please don't shoot someone cause they don't respond, because I can't respond because nothing i type freaking shows up even though i'm screaming my lungs out in direct trying to say something. its buggy as hell and really needs to be looked at.

Stumbled over another player in a Firestation. Directly withdrew and shouted friendly over coms. He responded he is friendly too, he was just about to start looting. I tell him to loot first and i´ll take what´s left. He loots, then proceeds up the stairs. *BAM**BAM**BAM* and he drops dead and a voice from up above goes "One of you f*ckers come up here and i´ll kill you!"

Hilarious :) Love it.