Sign in to follow this  
Nawn (DayZ)

Don't move DayZ to Arma 3

Even if it wasn't going to move to Arma 3, I would recommend the purchase anyway. The game will be a decisive improvement over the original two.

BI hasn't actually spoken about the optimisation of the game, though we will hopefully see a large improvement. (Don't want to buy another top end cpu to get good FPS)

so wair, we first have to pay for arma 2, then for arma 3, and THEN for day z as a stand alone game? lol, way to make triple money

so wair, we first have to pay for arma 2, then for arma 3, and THEN for day z as a stand alone game? lol, way to make triple money

Not really. To my knowledge, rocket hasn't made a nickel directly from the sales of ARMA II. So, as of right now, he's doing this all as a freebie.

And technically, you didn't have to alpha and beta the project. You put that money in on your own. You could've waited for the final release.

• Like 1

yeah, rocket and staff SAID they didnt make a nickel on the game, i wonder why BI is on the dayZ twitter?

well anyways, making people pay three times to play alpha is NOT the minecraft payment method, just to make clear

Rocket already said that this game wont be a FTP game. And the game will most likely first move over to Arma III then it will prob be a standalone game.

Actually, he said it probably would be ftp, and his goal is to have it eventually be a standalone game.

dont worry right now.. arma 3 wont be out till 2013 and im sure you will find 50-60$ before it comes out

This.

Also, many thing may happen till ArmA 3 release...

all i know is that, if he doesnt make a clear statement about if hes going to make a standalone game which we need to pay for, i wont buy arma 3

are people realy worried about spending a couple of quid on buying a game that would most definatly improve performance and gamplay

i have no job myself but i dont find it hard to pay for new games or hardware for my pc

maybe people should learn to save money instead of spending it on junk

i dont mind spending £30 on arma 3 ill spend more the arma series is great and would be worth the purchause

• Like 1

are people realy worried about spending a couple of quid on buying a game that would most definatly improve performance and gamplay

i have no job myself but i dont find it hard to pay for new games or hardware for my pc

i dont mind spending £30 on arma 3 ill spend more the arma series is great and would be worth the purchause

your gear: IGN: Hutton08

PC Specs

AMD FX 4 core @4.2 ghz

ASROCK 990FX ExXTREME 3

10 GB Corsair vengeance

2x Geforce GTX 550 TI SLI

500 GB DATA DRIVE

yeah, i wouldnt mind if i wouldnt have to buy a complete new rig for arma 3

(my gear:

dualcore 2x 3.0 ghz

2GB DDR 2 ram

Geforce 9600GT

300 GB HDD SATA

Edited by Zombo

£50 can be a bank breaker for some people. And trust me, it ain't starting at £30. Not sure what ARMA II's opening price was, but I'm pretty sure it was a AAA release, with a AAA price tag at the time. I know OFP: Dragon Rising was $60 on release, so I don't see why ARMA III won't be any different.

Edited by KWilt
  • Like 1

i know this is selfish and cheap and stuff.

Exactly.

But you should be buying ARMA3 just because it's ARMA3, fuck DayZ ~ couldn't care less if it's on ARMA3 or not. Just go watch the gameplay trailers for it, goddamn it looks amazing.

Exactly.

But you should be buying ARMA3 just because it's ARMA3, fuck DayZ ~ couldn't care less if it's on ARMA3 or not. Just go watch the gameplay trailers for it, goddamn it looks amazing.

hi there fellow armaholic.

anyway, i STILL belive that dayz should be standalone game. lots of people see it only as platform for dayz, what is rather sad. And i don't want to experience same situation with server list flooded with dayz mod, nor i want to see all this crap that you can find on dayz forums go to BI forums if it will be mod / addon.

Let them have dayz and let us have arma 3.

Edited by n2-

Arma 3 looks amazing. Why wouldn't you wanna buy it lol?

People shell out any kind of money for another diablo or cod like it's the next jesus and then complain when they "have to" buy something from a company that actually produces something else than mass-fast-food gaming garbage.

U know what? If you can't afford it get your lazy ass up and go earn some money like us adults.

Lay down the bottle of booze for a while.

Blasphemer.

Infidel.

I should report you to a moderator for your harsh and frankly insulting words !

I will gladly shell out more money to continue playing this game. Arma 2 is a good game and was totally worth the $30. Arma 3 will be amazing and again will be totally worth the $50..

I wish it was that Easy. :P I say this cuz I'm underage, Don't get paid for chores (cuz it's something i should be doing for free anyway.) So the purchases i make, it's gotta last me a while. Which is why i think it sucks that i spend 30 bucks to play this game, to find out that in order to continue playing it, I'm gonna have to spit out another 50-60 for a game that i probably would never touch just to play the mod. But okay, I guess. Looks like i gotta go into savings mode. -.- hate being all stingy with whatever cash i have around.

And for everyone saying that Arma III is a cool game. Well, unfortunately i don't like military or shooter games. I like this mod because it's a survival game. Not a straight up shooter

Sonnie, go cut a few yards this summer and you'll have the money in no time ..... NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

all i know is that, if he doesnt make a clear statement about if hes going to make a standalone game which we need to pay for, i wont buy arma 3

Guess you won't be playing the version of DayZ that winds up developed with the ARMA3 engine.

Problem solved.

I like how $50-60 is considered a "shit ton" nowadays...