Fusty (DayZ)

To all the "Murder isnt RP;Flag it;Etc." Threads here

I played as a survivor for many days, and then one day after being sniped I decided to no longer become the victim, I had to be the criminal. I began sniping and I loved it.

To all of these threads regarding deathmatching and murdering without cause: If we were truly in an apocalyptic world, filled with zombies and other people who just by human nature want what they dont have, If you saw an armed or perhaps even unarmed male roaming the world,you would kill on sight too, unless you are a fool. Rocket has said it himself, trust no one. Many will say that trust no one does not mean kill everyone, but if the game is all about survival, why take chances and leave another armed man alive when you could kill him, thus increasing your chances.

Ontop of this, this game is supposed to be as realistic as possible, if you were a bandit in this society IRL, you wouldnt have some symbol to show it, you would attempt to blend in! If there is a penalty for killing, the two main features of the game (Realism, Surviving) become extremely distorted.

I am not AGAINST teamwork, infact, I work with a team right now and have zero inclination to betray them at any point, but that is because I know them. Play with friends, also what rocket says. This is survival; Do what you have to do. My two cents.

Edited by Fusty

Did this really deserve a thread? sorry but you're just stating the obvious really.

Oh and its alpha

The threads are incessant; perhaps they will read this "obvious" thread before they do post.

Oh, its alpha! Woah, I havent read that in 347 other places!

If you saw an armed or perhaps even unarmed male roaming the world,you would kill on sight too

So, in other words, our current societal norms and rules are the only thing keeping you from killing people simply because they might have something you want, and if those rules vanished, you'd go full butcher just for shits and giggles? You have no sense of empathy for your fellow man, no "we're all in this together" feeling of camaraderie?

I'm not disagreeing with the whole "kill or be killed" concept; in a post-apocalyptic world I'd be likely to shoot first, ask questions later if I were surprised by an armed person stumbling across me, but that's really a completely different ball game from sniping everyone you see from the hills or even killing people for their loot, especially if you already have your survival essentials.

• Like 1

You can never have enough survival essentials, and one guy you let live is one guy who might just kill you at a later date. And in regards to your first paragraph, yes, i would kill them as the apocalypse moved forward and things began to turn for worse day by day.

I sure hope you're not talking about my thread, as although I may yearning for change like others who have become disheartened from constant deaths, I had a bandit playstyle long before Day Z.

I made the post for others, not for myself.

You just sound like another kid trying to "white knight" defend the game, regardless of its status and I get that, I've done it too, and perhaps I may do it too. What I'm really trying to say is

Did this really deserve a thread? sorry but you're just stating the obvious really.

Oh and its alpha

You can never have enough survival essentials, and one guy you let live is one guy who might just kill you at a later date. And in regards to your first paragraph, yes, i would kill them as the apocalypse moved forward and things began to turn for worse day by day.

So many internet hardmen on these forums. You'd be dead within a week.

http://sovietarmor.c...red/btr_80.html

Go ahead and shoot at me in the apocalypse. Come at me bro, see what happens.

Edit: Yes I see the irony in my own post.

Edited by Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Like 1

TBH. In a post-apocalyptic scenario I would imagine that everyone would be real eager to get together.

Would you really have the heart to murder another living human being because of 'increased chances'?

I don't care about the in-game ideas of this thread, but it seems interesting you would say something like that.

I don't know what situations you are referring to, but camping on a hill outside a town sniping everyone down (loot not being a factor) is hardly realistic. Killing an armed guy that surprised you, sure that seems realistic enough. Also, realistically you have a far better chance of survival teaming up rather than lone wolfing it.

But then again it depends on what stage of the game it's in. Perhaps the forming groups stage has passed, now it's mainly figuring out whether the guy wielding an axe in the supermarket is a friendly or a psychopath, hell who cares lets shoot him anyway!

And fuck, we have no idea what it would be like in some sort of 'zombie apocalypse' until one actually happens (highly doubtful). So it's all speculation and ones opinion versus another.

Also, I laugh at the notion that some people say they would kill on sight like it's a stroll in the park. You'd crawl up into a ball and be hiding in yo momma's closet. As stated, simply my opinion though.

op here, sure I would like to AVOID arbitrary killing, however, if I saw a human within a mile of me, armed, during this type of RL situation, I would not hesitate to kill. I have no doubts or qualms about it. Unarmed however, perhaps not, or if it was a large group.

To all of these threads regarding deathmatching and murdering without cause: If we were truly in an apocalyptic world, filled with zombies and other people who just by human nature want what they dont have, If you saw an armed or perhaps even unarmed male roaming the world,you would kill on sight too.

I'll be sure not to cross path with you.. ever! Even if I become a bandit, i would never kill an unarmed player.

In a RL apoc situation (which this game is NOT a sim for, but that's beside this point), I think human nature's incessant need for contact would ultimately drive us together over chaos. Some would rebel, and be vigilantes, but for the most part we would try and stick together. The betrayal and greed would start AFTER this happened.

If people weren't inclined to contact others initially, their first night alone trying to sleep without anyone keeping watch would.

So many hard men on the forums saying they would kill for beans IRL. Get fucked, most of you would struggle slit the throat of a defenseless animal or bleed a pig, let alone kill an INNOCENT man. Unless you were indeed a heartless killer, which you fucking aren't, your first kill would drive you insane.

Love PvP in this game and we need not to try and alter it as it stands, but we really need to ADD an incentive to team up also to really create a powerful dynamic in this game. Teaming up with strangers currently is nothing but a hindrance (last guys I teamed up with kept throwing flares WHERE WE WERE WALKING... told them not to and they kept doing it so I left them to die)

• Like 2

PvP is not an issue the issue is that everyone is becoming a KoS player just because anouther player had shot them

people are not adapting and overcoming various situations

just because you got shot buy anouther player doesnt mean you also have to kill every player you see

The issue is that everyone claims about the "realism" and all that, but the fact remains that you still respawn in this game. Losing all your equipment does not even compare to a real life or death situation. In a post-apocalyptic world it is more likely that people would work together, with only a few social outcasts possibly trying to go on a murder spree, but even then they would likely have a much more difficult time getting the military gear that they can get easily in this game. In real life people have families and friends, and would share a common survival goal with others who have the same things at stake. The only thing at stake in DayZ are your beans and gun, and there is no ultimate goal.

I'm not saying anything one way or the other about what changes should be made to the game, but PLEASE stop saying this game is like real life and that nobody would trust each other and start shooting each other on sight in the real world.

So many hard men on the forums saying they would kill for beans IRL. Get fucked, most of you would struggle slit the throat of a defenseless animal or bleed a pig, let alone kill an INNOCENT man. Unless you were indeed a heartless killer, which you fucking aren't, your first kill would drive you insane.

Quoted for truth! If you're in a zombie apocalypse, the best chance for survival is to stick together. It's not easy to pull a trigger on someone or even hurt anyone unless you're born with a mental problem. Since this is just a game, people get bored/frustrated quickly and start killing one another. If the poster feels the thrill and power by killing other players, then let him be. At least he gets some fun and vent out his frustrations from getting sniped by others.

oh look this guy played survivor for many days, then felt it would be easier to kill everything he saw... :lol:

In a RL apoc situation (which this game is NOT a sim for, but that's beside this point), I think human nature's incessant need for contact would ultimately drive us together over chaos. Some would rebel, and be vigilantes, but for the most part we would try and stick together. The betrayal and greed would start AFTER this happened.

If people weren't inclined to contact others initially, their first night alone trying to sleep without anyone keeping watch would.

Love PvP in this game and we need not to try and alter it as it stands, but we really need to ADD an incentive to team up also to really create a powerful dynamic in this game. Teaming up with strangers currently is nothing but a hindrance (last guys I teamed up with kept throwing flares WHERE WE WERE WALKING... told them not to and they kept doing it so I left them to die)

I have a CHL and I carry routinely. If I saw a threat in today's against myself or my posessions, I would not hesitate. I know this is the internet and everyone loves to insult eachother and claim that the guy you are argueing with is either a child, an obese whale, or a nerd too scared to do anything IRL; The vast majority of the time these stereotypes are not true, and that is the same with me. Lets try and keep this thread mature.

I am not anti teaming up, and I have said so in the OP, but if I dont know you and your armed, you would/are as good as dead in an apocalypse. An unarmed man or woman would be a different scenario, I would only resort to using arms against them if I was desperate for supplies such as food or water, and even then, it is more like to be a robbery than a murder, if the situation allows.

Edited by Fusty

PvP is not an issue the issue is that everyone is becoming a KoS player just because anouther player had shot them

people are not adapting and overcoming various situations

just because you got shot buy anouther player doesnt mean you also have to kill every player you see

yea, don't shoot and you will die again. Just because you got shot by another player is exactly the reason you should shoot the next one you see. Why should you expect a different outcome from the same scenario? Adapting is exactly what they are doing.

Quoted for truth! If you're in a zombie apocalypse, the best chance for survival is to stick together. It's not easy to pull a trigger on someone or even hurt anyone unless you're born with a mental problem. Since this is just a game, people get bored/frustrated quickly and start killing one another. If the poster feels the thrill and power by killing other players, then let him be. At least he gets some fun and vent out his frustrations from getting sniped by others.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Pixels are nothing like real life as much as people like to claim "DayZ is realistic". More than half the people here would throw up just spending a day following crime scene cleaners or ER trauma unit doctors.

The human race has gone through such an apocalypse event during the last ice age where our race went through a genetic bottleneck (google Toba Eruption). Nonetheless, we still developed civilizations and our species didn't go to the brink of extinction cause people kept killing each other senselessly.

DayZ is just a game and that's all it is. It's far from being "realistic" as what the deathmatchers like to claim.

There's a difference between killing in self defense and killing just for the sake of killing because you have the opportunity, it doesn't matter if he could harm you later because now he's unarmed. That's just plain murder IRL and in the game and shows a persons lack of brains.

In case we have a Z Apocalypse and you see a man IRL and shoot him just because would be the stupidest thing you could do. You tell the whole world you are there, you ring the Zs dinnerbell, you don't get the loot because Zs would be there first, you have to run because you might have human and non human visitors soon. The more you kill the more you have to look behind you because you never know who might be tracking you to get revenge.

It's a habit to build groups no matter how unstable it might seem...that bit is comfort enough fo most ppl. Loners would be a rare sight and wouldn't live long, i admit i couldn't even if i had a super fancy rifle with a swiss knife attached to it.

Edited by Enforcer

Ultimately if this game was completely realistic, as many others have said, there would be a.vast number of crippling penalties for killing zombies that ran screaming at you, never mind a guy that's running unarmed just trying to scavenge a can of coke. The simulationist argument is therefor entirely ridiculous. What is required is to make a variety of.playstyles fun and rewarding both long and short term. There are thousands of suggestions on achieving this over these fora, reddit and every other gaming messageboard. Survival is currently too easy for anyone that's played for more than 6 hours and has found a loot map, except for player vs player. To resolve this zombies simply have to be more of a threat: preferably exclusively to advanced players. Firing high noise weapons spawning zombies that are unaggroed, but could be aggroed by additional fires could be interesting as a test, and I am an advocate of rarer PvP weapons ans ammo to encourage bandits to hunt other bandits to resupply. I really enjoy being shot at by lee Enfields and shotguns, but wun I try to get friends to play their.biggest complaint is that snipers camp the towns they're trying to start in.

Ultimately until you have to be signed in, solo, 24/7 with noone watching you, or sit through 6 hours of gore to sign in if you kill.another player, or have your character get PTSD and be unable to aim straight, the realism argument doesn't apply and the goal must be o discourage universal shoot on sight while.not.hurting banditry as a playstyle

I played as a survivor for many days, and then one day after being sniped I decided to no longer become the victim, I had to be the criminal. I began sniping and I loved it.

To all of these threads regarding deathmatching and murdering without cause: If we were truly in an apocalyptic world, filled with zombies and other people who just by human nature want what they dont have, If you saw an armed or perhaps even unarmed male roaming the world,you would kill on sight too, unless you are a fool. Rocket has said it himself, trust no one. Many will say that trust no one does not mean kill everyone, but if the game is all about survival, why take chances and leave another armed man alive when you could kill him, thus increasing your chances.

Ontop of this, this game is supposed to be as realistic as possible, if you were a bandit in this society IRL, you wouldnt have some symbol to show it, you would attempt to blend in! If there is a penalty for killing, the two main features of the game (Realism, Surviving) become extremely distorted.

I am not AGAINST teamwork, infact, I work with a team right now and have zero inclination to betray them at any point, but that is because I know them. Play with friends, also what rocket says. This is survival; Do what you have to do. My two cents.

so killing off a trading or medical group increases your survival chances?

No that would not be the post apocalyptic mindset at all.

People can easily become a bandit guilt free because they know the player will just respawn, abeit with lost gear and survival time.

They didn't kill a member of their own species. One of the few surviving members of a dying species that desperately need to reform to bring the human race back from the brink of extinction.

In Dayz, they know they don't have to rely on other players to survive because they can just survive on their own, and what better way to bide the time than to drop a few players. To hunt a few down. Survival has become a science, and not particularly challenging. The zombies can't touch you if you run. You're loaded on all the supplies you need to survive a week. The challenge becomes to stalk and hunt down human prey

I dare say all of these under-aged, immature, internet Rambo's who talk all this big shit about how they'd go around shooting anyone because they trust no one wouldn't do shit but piss their pants in the case of a real Zombie Apocalypse. How many own or are even proficient with a weapon? How many have the knowledge or skills to survive alone? How many have killed anything, let alone another person? Let me tell you all something. In the case of a zombie apocalypse or any other more realistic catastrophic event that would require people to survive on their own skills and knowledge, you would not suddenly become any more bad ass than you are right now. You won't magically learn how to handle any weapon better than you do now, you will not suddenly gain the knowledge of an expert survivalist, nor would you transform from internet warrior to a hardened, kill without conscience trained survivalist warrior. If any of your found yourself alone in the world with nothing to keep you company except those zombies outside that want to eat your face, you'd shit your pants and wish you had a friend to help keep you safe.

The bullshit bravado and tough talk is just pathetic. Would there be cold blooded murderers out there? Yes, but these are not the individuals who are sitting here on the internet playing DayZ and talking about how they WOULD go out kill people if the world went to shit. Those that would actually do this are more than likely to be out there actually doing it right now.

• Like 2