Ziliphade

Am i doing something wrong?

Any tips for when you spawn a new character? I've only been able to get one decently geared up and far up north but just today when i stupidly headed into NW without staying low i got sniped.

Everytime i attempt to loot a city (i normally spawn beside Cherno) all the loot will be gone because of the people with better equipment just sprinting through the city taking everything, i will usually get shot by a guy who found a gun just before i did. Is it bad luck or should i use a server that has a lot less people on it?

I care more about the survival aspect such as finding food and fixing cars but pretty much everyone else has a different idea. And that's blasting me on sight even if im freshly spawned with no gear besides what you start with.

Go to smaller towns and loot deer stands if you're having that kind of trouble. You can live in the woods near a water source and hunt animals for food. There are mean players out there who want to kill you, and you have to avoid them or kill them first. Just remember on your new spawn, before you've found a lot of good stuff or invested a lot of time, go to the high risk areas to find medicine and a bag.

don't even bother with regular cities/small towns scrounging for loot.

Just run right to a military camp on spawn. Everyone else does...

Try heading North East to Berezino. Same loot as Cherno/Electro, but fewer players.

Or, as already suggested, just avoid the big seathbox cities all together.

don't even bother with regular cities/small towns scrounging for loot.

Just run right to a military camp on spawn. Everyone else does...

But that wouldn't solve my problem whatsoever, if EVERYONE runs there then it will be the exact same as the city.

Ziliphade, I believe Taco was being facetious. Running to populated areas will not address the issues that you have identified.

I have not tried freshly spawning with the new zombies that supposedly run indoors or with the new visibility, but here ya go.

1. Find a lower population server (less than 20) with under 100 ping to you and join it.

2. Spawn near Cherno. It is normally full of players, yes, but the lower pop. servers are full of people looking for cars or server hopping for gear generally.

3. Use the visibility meter to help keep you safe and ALWAYS crouch. Do not stand up, ever, at all in a city unless running from zombies.

4. Depending on which side you spawned in on either head to the closest corner store or the grocery store. The grocery store looks like a single floor white square with lots of glass windows on one side. The corner stores are two story with lots of glass up top with three entrances on the ground level. One into a store, one into a house type area, and then the back door. You can find guns upstairs and backpacks behind the steps. The grocery store is the same, guns and backpacks. If you are having too much trouble, try crawling a lot if you have to until you get a sidearm and ammo. I heard crawling isn't really useful with the new visibility meter, but try it.

5. When you have a good four magazines you can be a bit less cautious if you want as you hit up all the corner stores around Cherno. You will eventually find a double barrel, winchester, CZ550, or enfield. The CZ550 is useless to you and the double barrel will only be useful while you search for an enfield or winchester. The winchester is the gun you really want as the ammo is more plentiful and it is much quieter but the enfield will do as well.

6. When you have a sidearm, any sidearm, ammo, a primary with ammo, a compass, map, matches, hunting knife, hatchet, and at least 3 food and 3 water you can leave Cherno. If you have a map at least but are not finding the rest you can leave early if you really want and try to find your way around to another town with a grocery store (basic supplies are plentiful there) then do so.

7. Congrats, you have now survived the newbie faze.

Head north and look for barns and cowsheds. Shotguns, crossbows and leeroy enfields spawn in these.

Get your bad self one of those, then head to Cherno and exact your terrible revenge!

Head north and look for barns and cowsheds. Shotguns, crossbows and leeroy enfields spawn in these.

Get your bad self one of those, then head to Cherno and exact your terrible revenge!

Tempting

I have not tried freshly spawning with the new zombies that supposedly run indoors or with the new visibility, but here ya go.

1. Find a lower population server (less than 20) with under 100 ping to you and join it.

2. Spawn near Cherno. It is normally full of players, yes, but the lower pop. servers are full of people looking for cars or server hopping for gear generally.

3. Use the visibility meter to help keep you safe and ALWAYS crouch. Do not stand up, ever, at all in a city unless running from zombies.

4. Depending on which side you spawned in on either head to the closest corner store or the grocery store. The grocery store looks like a single floor white square with lots of glass windows on one side. The corner stores are two story with lots of glass up top with three entrances on the ground level. One into a store, one into a house type area, and then the back door. You can find guns upstairs and backpacks behind the steps. The grocery store is the same, guns and backpacks. If you are having too much trouble, try crawling a lot if you have to until you get a sidearm and ammo. I heard crawling isn't really useful with the new visibility meter, but try it.

5. When you have a good four magazines you can be a bit less cautious if you want as you hit up all the corner stores around Cherno. You will eventually find a double barrel, winchester, CZ550, or enfield. The CZ550 is useless to you and the double barrel will only be useful while you search for an enfield or winchester. The winchester is the gun you really want as the ammo is more plentiful and it is much quieter but the enfield will do as well.

6. When you have a sidearm, any sidearm, ammo, a primary with ammo, a compass, map, matches, hunting knife, hatchet, and at least 3 food and 3 water you can leave Cherno. If you have a map at least but are not finding the rest you can leave early if you really want and try to find your way around to another town with a grocery store (basic supplies are plentiful there) then do so.

7. Congrats, you have now survived the newbie faze.

You must be extremely lucky if you find things like backpacks, maps, and guns every time you go on a loot route :/

Any tips for when you spawn a new character? I've only been able to get one decently geared up and far up north but just today when i stupidly headed into NW without staying low i got sniped.

Everytime i attempt to loot a city (i normally spawn beside Cherno) all the loot will be gone because of the people with better equipment just sprinting through the city taking everything, i will usually get shot by a guy who found a gun just before i did. Is it bad luck or should i use a server that has a lot less people on it?

I care more about the survival aspect such as finding food and fixing cars but pretty much everyone else has a different idea. And that's blasting me on sight even if im freshly spawned with no gear besides what you start with.

your safest bet is to run inlands, and try to find a farm, the usally spawn good gear...

You must be extremely lucky if you find things like backpacks, maps, and guns every time you go on a loot route :/

No, I just know what buildings to enter which I told you and when I am a fresh spawn I join a server with less people so that there is sure to be loot.

actually I am being serious.

The military camps are a good 15-20 minute run, so its not like EVERYONE does it.

Just the players that kill other players all the time and have any idea what they are doing. Not to mention, once you have an assault rifle, raiding a populated city is that much easier.

No, I just know what buildings to enter which I told you and when I am a fresh spawn I join a server with less people so that there is sure to be loot.

No i got your strategy and what you meant it's just most of the times i loot there's only garbage like tin cans, and somtimes there nothing at all, like the building emtpy, i havn't been able to get an answer on this but is there a random chance that a building can spawn nothing t all? or is this a glitch.

The military camps are a good 15-20 minute run, so its not like EVERYONE does it.

Just the players that kill other players all the time and have any idea what they are doing. Not to mention, once you have an assault rifle, raiding a populated city is that much easier.

Does the camp with the 4 deer stands coverd in barbed wire count as a military camp? If that's what they are i know one that's right next to Balota.

No i got your strategy and what you meant it's just most of the times i loot there's only garbage like tin cans, and somtimes there nothing at all, like the building emtpy, i havn't been able to get an answer on this but is there a random chance that a building can spawn nothing t all? or is this a glitch.

If nothing spawns at all there are several reasons:

1. If someone logs in inside a building, the closest loot spots will not spawn any loot.

2. The server is crap.

3. Someone is collecting tin cans.

4. Bugs

Even if it is tin cans, there should always be loot at loot spots.

there are a lot of people hitting the respawn button just to get close to these places, best bet is to go inlands where ever you spawn and go for them farms. that is if you dont want to get shot in the back when climping a deer stand etc..

Does the camp with the 4 deer stands coverd in barbed wire count as a military camp? If that's what they are i know one that's right next to Balota.

Yes but afaik the tents are just fluff, just the 4 deerstands. Its like the 3 deerestands right north of Kamenka, basically.

Yes but afaik the tents are just fluff, just the 4 deerstands. Its like the 3 deerestands right north of Kamenka, basically.

Yeah i usually always find good stuff if i check there, weapons are super rare but i get tons of ammo, some times backpacks, also food. I wish they would add loot to the tents, it would make it a bit more rewarding when you deal with the zombies getting stuck under the stands, which by the way you are SCREWED if you don't have a gun or hatchet, because they won't allow you to climb the ladder.

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this yet...if you happen into a larger city, and go into a building if it looks like part of the items have been looted but not everything..take the rest of the items even if you dont want them and place them on the ground outside, with the building clear this will start a force respawn for that location, leave the area for about 3-5 minutes and more items should start reappearing. Rinse and Repeat.

WARNING !! Staying in an area to long might attract other players and give them a better chance to stumble on to you..

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this yet...if you happen into a larger city, and go into a building if it looks like part of the items have been looted but not everything..take the rest of the items even if you dont want them and place them on the ground outside, with the building clear this will start a force respawn for that location, leave the area for about 3-5 minutes and more items should start reappearing. Rinse and Repeat.

WARNING !! Staying in an area to long might attract other players and give them a better chance to stumble on to you..

Thanks for the tip

Barns, smaller towns, deer stands - that's what i aim for when playing seriously. Once you have some OK gear then you can brave the airfields. As for Cherno/Elektro - i always like to have a looksey, and it makes the game more fun. But i usually end up dead from the infamous "800m Sniper"

Barns, smaller towns, deer stands - that's what i aim for when playing seriously. Once you have some OK gear then you can brave the airfields. As for Cherno/Elektro - i always like to have a looksey, and it makes the game more fun. But i usually end up dead from the infamous "800m Sniper"

My problem might just me up to luck, i make sure i atl east have something like a revovler because anything under that takes a clip and a half to kill somone, but no matter HOW careful i am, SOMEONE will always SOMEHOW, end up taking just a few seconds longer than me to enter the city, and then they are able to just blast me in the back of the head. Wish there was some tool that acted as a radar -_-

Use this Map (Alt tab if you need to, second monitor is ideal) http://dayzdb.com/map#3.013.096

Keep respawning until you land in Kamenka. Head north, looting dear blinds on the way (shown on the map as red towers). Dear blinds will spawn three zombies each, and typically infront of the dear blind. Run far outside of the dead blind and come at it from behind, crawling if you need to. There is no reason to agro any of the zombies there, just be cautious. You can find some of the best items in the game at dear blinds as they are military loot spawns. Do not overlook Coyote backpacks 24 slots, which can be confused with the backpack you spawn with, 8 slots.

Once you loot a weapon of any kind, hit up Zelenogorsk from the south west (easy entrace to the grocery store, shopping cart on the map). This should give you the food and drink you probably need at this point in time. Grocery stores are one of the best places to find everything you need outside of vehicle parts and military grade primary weapons including an Alice backpack and a sidearm (1911 or revolver being the best you can find). Loot the grocery store, and continue heading north to Pustoshka, looting dear blinds on the way.

Enter Pustoshka from the west for direct access, again crawling to avoid agro. If at any point you get agro, run into the front entrance of the grocery strore (big glass doors) and shoot the zombies as they enter)

At this point in time, you will likely have at least a primary and secondary weapon you can use to defend yourself, an upgraded backpack, most common utility items and enough food and water to at least sustain yourself for the time being. You comsume water faster than food so always load up more water than food.

Wash, rinse and repeat.

Healful tips:

Scope out any building you are going to loot prior to coming within 300 or so meters from the location. If zombies are present, someone is likely there, and its better to simply move on unless you want a firefight.

Use your side arm to kill zombies. Especially if you find a 1911 or revolver, its a one shot kill. They are quiet, and the ammo is fairly abundant. If you find yourself running low on ammo consistently with your side arm, try finding a 1866 wynchester (sp). They are very quiet and take down zombies in one shot. Only do this however if you do not plan on killing other players, as the effective range is relatively low compaired to assult rifles.

Many ammo types are interchangable or combinable to be used in other guns. Do not be too quick to dismiss ammo if it does not immediately seem right for your gun.

Other high loot locations within towns are churches, apartment buildings, schools, bar/hotel, large barns with stairs. Other loot locations are typically not worth the time.

Avoid Cherno and Elektra always. There is nothing you can loot in either of those towns that you cannot find in deer blinds or in grocery stores. Zelenogorsk and Pustoshka, as well as most deer blinds are typically player vacant, and full of loot, while Cherno and Elektra are almost always spotted with a sniper, and other players gunning for your gear.

Also, avoid Stary Sobor and the North West airfield unless you are looking for PVP.

Follow this and you should have no trouble surviving for a long period of time and should also have no trouble find all of the gear you could want outside of vehicles and rare items like NVGs.

Edited by kradluk

Use this Map (Alt tab if you need to, second monitor is ideal) http://dayzdb.com/map#3.013.096

Keep respawning until you land in Kamenka. Head north, looting dear blinds on the way (shown on the map as red towers). Dear blinds will spawn three zombies each, and typically infront of the dear blind. Run far outside of the dead blind and come at it from behind, crawling if you need to. There is no reason to agro any of the zombies there, just be cautious. You can find some of the best items in the game at dear blinds as they are military loot spawns. Do not overlook Coyote backpacks 24 slots, which can be confused with the packback you spawn with, 8 slots.

Once you loot a weapon of any kind, hit up Zelenogorsk from the south west (easy entrace to the grocery store, shopping cart on the map). This should give you the food and drink you probably need at this point in time. Grocery stores are one of the best places to find everything you need outside of vehicle parts and military grade primary weapons including an Alice backpack and a sidearm (1911 or revolver being the best you can find). Loot the grocery store, and continue heading north to Pustoshka, looting dear blinds on the way.

Enter Pustoshka from the west for direct access, again crawling to avoid agro. If at any point you get agro, run into the front entrance of the crocery strore (big glass doors) and shoot the zombies as they enter)

At this point in time, you will likely have at least a primary and secondary weapon you can use to defend yourself, an upgraded backpack, most common utility items and enough food and water to at least sustain yourself for the time being. You comsume water faster than food so always load up more water than food.

Wash, rinse and repeat.

Healful tips:

Scope out any building you are going to loot prior to coming within 300 or so meters from the location. If zombies are present, someone is likely there, and its better to simply move on unless you want a firefight.

Use your side arm to kill zombies. Especially if you find a 1911 or revolver, its a one shot kill. They are quiet, and the ammo is fairly abundant. If you find yourself running low on ammo consistently with your side arm, try finding a 1866 wynchester (sp). They are very quiet and take down zombies in one shot. Only do this however if you do not plan on killing other players, as the effective range is relatively low compaired to assult rifles.

Many ammo types are interchangable or combinable to be used in other guns. Do not be too quick to dismiss ammo if it does not immediately seem right for your gun.

Other high loot locations within towns are churches, apartment buildings, schools, bar/hotel, large barns with stairs. Other loot locations are typically not worth the time.

Avoid Cherno and Elektra always. There is nothing you can loot in either of those towns that you cannot find in deer blinds or in grocery stores. Zelenogorsk and Pustoshka, as well as most deer blinds are typically player vacant, and full of loot, while Cherno and Elektra are almost always spotted with a sniper, and other players gunning for your gear.

Also, avoid Stary Sobor and the North West airfield unless you are looking for PVP.

Follow this and you should have no trouble surviving for a long period of time and should also have no trouble find all of the gear you could want outside of vehicles and rare items like NVGs.

Thanks man, is there any chance of finding a sniper rifle in these chain of events or is that to high a tier for stores and blinds?