dope25

Allow stmovement!

Double-tap Ctrl and turn 180.

Press fire once to raise gun.

Press fire again to fire weapon.

Let me try this with you again: You can't lower a pistol. So you can double tap ctrl until the rapture, it won't do a fkn thing.

just lower your gun by pressing 2x ctrl

Did you even read the thread? It's impossible to lower a pistol, you would have to switch to a rifle, assuming you even had one, in order to do so. Plus it's nowhere near as quick as in real life. Frankly it's ridiculous.

What is reality? In reality, I can easily manage with a weapon in an enclosed room that the game is not even remotely re-create. @stmovement must have! (game must give me pleasure but not sex with something...)

YES! I second this suggestion! ST is a great movement addon, it definately puts a realistic spin to walking around Chernarus

What would be really great is having some kind of automatic animations that make your guns lower according to the environment (walls doorways ...). It would be both realistic and wouldn't slow the gameplay.

This is not CoD ...

That doesn't make a lick of sense. It's unrealistic animation vs unrealistic clipping, and I choose unrealistic clipping every time. I'd rather have something that feels right, than something that looks right.

Moving indoors in ArmA / dayZ is something you just have to learn. I don't have any problems moving in buildings. If you go from narrow doorway with a long weapon raised, don't go in fully sideways, or at least put your barrel through first.

this looks like a bit one sided, the only people who would be better off with this system in place would be bandits? what benefit would it bring surviors who dont need to storm building to get there next murder?

give the zombies stmovement while you're at it xD. its kinda stupid and unfair that they get stuck on doorways too, making it easy for us to kill them...I've never been killed by zombies on their own, and I would rather that than banditos.

Yeah I really hope they will allow this addon, it's really annoying trying to get into a house/building and you're struggling to go through the door.

This is not CoD ...

CoD is basically the first person shooter version of the Nazis and Hitler in Godwin's Law.

Use a similarity to CoD as a negative when it has barely anything to do with the discussion and you look like a moron.

I think a good compromise would be an auto-lower on every weapon, but if that isn't possible due to hard-coding etc then this is a must. I haven't tried it but does looking directly up or down while wielding the pistol allow you to rotate?

Not being able to turn your character is not only unrealistic, it's also a bit retarded.

Whichever way it ends up going, this mod should probably be allowed or disallowed on ALL servers. Having some players running around with this is while others are not is pretty imbalanced. Individual servers running this could work, but only if they required STmovement in order to connect.

this looks like a bit one sided' date=' the only people who would be better off with this system in place would be bandits? what benefit would it bring surviors who dont need to storm building to get there next murder?

[/quote']

Benefit for survivors: survive a bandit raid on a building they're currently in. It works backwards. Or survive a zombie rush into their building.

Came here to support this addition as well, and see if Rocket gives his 2cents about it.

it seems a shame that a compromise cant be reached between gun through wall + movement camp vs stuck on stairs because youre holding a pistol camp

the idea of auto lower and raise when moving into these areas seems more realistic considering the act of moving your arms out of the way to move through a doorway is second nature to people IRL

I definitely support this idea... the movement in ARMA is probably its weakest aspect, and stmovement really fixes the problem nicely. I would LOVE if it was included in the mod, or at least if players were allowed to use it.

For those who are interested in what it does, here's a nice video showing the change:

I'd love this I hate getting stuck trying to go through door only to have to back up walk all the way straight in and then turn. Not very immersive

+1, either allow this mod or do like PR and implement a similar system. Allowing smoother CQ experience might induce those that use 3rd person view to try some FPS perspective.

Additional bump.

As a survivor who only plays in '3rdView: Off' servers, I'd love to be able to sweep a building properly without the unnessecarry bullet-to-the-temple risk everytime I need to pass through a doorframe.

Would it conflict with DayZ in any way if @STMovement was enabled?