dope25

Allow stmovement!

I vote for this to be supported.

Some people might bring up "realism!", but in the case of realism vs. practicality, the latter usually wins.

Unless you want a key to breathe, and if you forget you die.

Unless you want a key to breathe' date=' and if you forget you die.

[/quote']

Only if you had to breathe manually, which everyone now is...

Back on track though, there has to be someway for the weapon to auto-lower, like it does when running.maybe the collision detection lowers the weapon once it detects clipping with a surface. Unsure how hard it would be to implement, and how practical. Coming from an ARMA background I don't really notice it so much I guess or I've learned to work with it. The ST mod although neat does seem to take away some of the immersion that ARMA provides.

Arma 2 tries to simulate (it is after all a sim) actual movement and that means you need to learn to lower your barrel with longer weapons or you are going to be banging them into stuff. Simple as that. Try moving through a door with your pistol drawn... not near as bad' date=' eh? Or lower your barrel. Realism.

[/quote']

The main problem IMO is with pistols. You can't lower them, so you can't even turn around in a corridor, currently, as your rigidly outstretched arms stop you!

please do this. hate trying to line up perfectly to it in doors. that is not realism.

I agree.

If it means losing realism over practicality, then so be it. I feel like a fat ass fucking elephant trying to make my way through a door because the game wouldn't recognize my proper position. It's really annoying.

If this was implemented in the next patch, you will hear dozen of fireworks going around from the players.

So if Dslyecxi actually said it would be ok to include if not altered please for the love of god add it, or we need more servers to allow it, cant seem to find a single Eu server allowing it at least without 3rd person and nameplates

i feel like this would be a very large improvement that's instantly noticeable and would help your players stop bitching!

Agree with everyone here, stmovement would add a lot of fluidity to the game.

Agreed, people arguing that it's unrealistic would like to have us hit a key every time we take a breath I think. I've had problems in tight spaces just using the pistol which you can't lower, and that doesn't seem to have a thing to do about realism..also it seems to make the transition in and out of buildings smoother which can sometimes be frustrating at the moment. I'm sure limitations could be put on it or something, we could find some middle ground.

Would love this to be implemented! Getting stuck in doors when being chased by Zeds is no fun!

i once tried to turn around in a tight space and broke my legs, started bleeding and fell unconscious so yes, please.

Instead of this, why don't the developers make it so we can lower pistols? That would fix alot of problems. If they for some reason cant, then I support this mod.

I heard that you could play with stmovement since it was clientside but apparently now 99% of the servers are activity blocking it D: