Ander (DayZ)

Experimental 1.7.2.1 test patch

I've noticed some serious graphical issues that I didn't have in other builds.

The ground flashes white when I am looking around or moving, this didn't happen in 1.7.1.5

(or if it did, it was nowhere as bad.)

I'll go in-game and get some screenshots to post on the bug tracker, but I thought I would post here to see if anyone else is getting this.

I'm playing on low settings on my laptop which is a core i3 with 4gb ram and onboard video. That's probably got something to do with it, but as I mentioned before, I didn't have this problem in the past builds.

Been playing 1.7.2 all day and load times are good again. Hive problem most likely because when i played morning after 1.7.2 release load times were very good.........

I've noticed some serious graphical issues that I didn't have in other builds.

The ground flashes white when I am looking around or moving, this didn't happen in 1.7.1.5

(or if it did, it was nowhere as bad.)

I'll go in-game and get some screenshots to post on the bug tracker, but I thought I would post here to see if anyone else is getting this.

I'm playing on low settings on my laptop which is a core i3 with 4gb ram and onboard video. That's probably got something to do with it, but as I mentioned before, I didn't have this problem in the past builds.

I get this with the Arma 2 beta (and therefore in dayz) while running in crossfire. disabling crossfire stops the flashing.

None beta Arma 2 is fine in crossfire.

Which beta patch are you playing with ?

I don't want to buy a second version of the game on steam -_-

I play with 94700 and now I will try the new one I just became aware of ;)

BTW: I didn't lose any of my stuff though I have Arma X

Edited by Jonson

Just installed the new v94876 ARMA II beta patch.

Just installed the new v94876 ARMA II beta patch.

It will be backwards compatible. It's really only a tiny change from 94700, and doesn't seem game play related..:

[94761] TBB 4.0 update 5, (tbb40_20120613oss, http://threadingbuil...ver.php?fid=187)

EDIT: Eh, what do I know. That link leads to notes with some very internal programming stuff. This patch could do almost anything and I'd have no idea...

Edited by Disgraced

Day Z Development@dayzdevteam

Extended unplanned web outage. Expect it to continue for maximum the next 5 hours. Sorry about this. Hotfix for mod released once website up

10th of july..

please just come up with any time frame :) like 1 week or 1h

Day Z Development@dayzdevteam

Extended unplanned web outage. Expect it to continue for maximum the next 5 hours. Sorry about this. Hotfix for mod released once website up

10th of july..

please just come up with any time frame :) like 1 week or 1h

I think that was the server side hotfix they released the day of the update

Ok I know zed broken and mostly stationary, but when they are not I think they seem better.

Aside from the fact that there are a lot of them, they seem easier to lose once aggro'd. they also seem to zig-zag less than before - great!

I have had to make some important decisions re ammo and zeds that I haven't had to do before. I seem to be more often interacting with zeds, killing them, running etc. better with more zed, easy aggro, easy to lose and shoot in the open. I dont feel the need to run indoors so much to fight them.

if this all in my head? placebo effect on testing patch without release notes? or have they changed?

so if i install the new build 1.7.2.1 and keep my old file i will basically still have a "backup" of my old character or not ?

not to bothered if not, just want to play and help test

ty

Rapier, obviously you will not have any backups, the whole alpha is a test, the players are testers.

you didnt see what happened when you played 1.7.2 and then went back to 1.7.1.5 then ;)

RedReloadedHD, I didn't respawn when I upgraded from 1.7.1.5 - 1.7.2.1, I still had all my gear and I was on my spot where I last logged out.

so did you take down the servers? all the se servers for the 1.7.2.1 patch vanished for me...?

Yeah I kept all my gear as well.

As I mentioned in the 1.7.2 thread, I spawned swimming on the floor in a supermarket because I was wearing a Ghilli suit.

Disconnected and when I logged back in, I was in the debug plains with my gear.

Made the trip back to the map and I was fine.

Once I updated to 1.7.2.1, I was expecting to start back at the coast with nothing, but I was still in the place I had logged out at, with everything except my Ghilli.

I wonder why some people are having different issues, while others are having none.

The servers have gone? Dam i was just about to ask of the servers would be getting updated to the new 94876 Arma 2 beta patch too.

so a question about 1.7.2.1 anyone else not being able to use the armory anymore, for me its all broken, i pick a helicopter and i spawn in the water as a civilian...

no

your cd key = your character. There will be only one character per key

No. You can create another character. I created 2 once to try this, but im not sure now since Im not doing this anymore for a while.

so a question about 1.7.2.1 anyone else not being able to use the armory anymore, for me its all broken, i pick a helicopter and i spawn in the water as a civilian...

I'll check that right now and edit with an answer.. give me a few.

edit: worked for me. I'm running Combined Ops on Steam and I was able to load up and spawn a uh-1h as normal.

I'm running beta patch 94700 and DayZ 1.7.2.1

Edited by Cyanyde