amudkipz

How will people lose zombies when they become fast indoors?

I am aware the game is in alpha but it would be nice to know how rocket will address this issue.

Keep in mind i dont want weak zombies, I want zombies that aren't insanely overpowered with dog hearing and eagle eyes.

At the moment if you have no weapon your defense is to run through a building. How will weaponless players get away from zombies when they run full speed inside buildings?

(Dont get detected is not at all a valid answer)

Will zombies have stamina? Will they be made slower? Will most walk and there be the occasional runner?

Edit:

Aggroing a zombie without a weapon should not mean death, a zombie is a creature of instinct meaning it can be tricked and fooled easily, but in the game zombies are able to detect movement through walls and at insane distances.

Edit 2:

I don't think characters should spawn with a weapon, but aggroing a zombie should also include the possibility to lose aggro, it would also introduce a less aggressive playstyle, rather than use guns some people might chose to use space typically for magazines on food and drink. You shouldn't NEED a weapon if your smart, but in this game a weapon is a NEED. It should be harder without a weapon but it shouldnt be a need.

Turning a corner twice in a row (make two rights or left) should maybe confuse zombies if they don't see it happen (they might continue running the wrong direction)

In the perfect world there would be more zombies that were slower. Would be more terrifying & realistic. As to how to lose zombies, I think they can't follow you uphill with full speed so that's one way. Uphills don't come around too often in towns though.

Well I have heard Rocket say in interviews that he would like for zombies to degrade over time. But as it stands I think we are just all going to have to adjust to a huge ramp up in difficulty somehow.

At the moment if you have no weapon your defense is to run through a building. How will weaponless players get away from zombies when they run full speed inside buildings?

Will zombies have stamina? Will they be made slower? Will most walk and there be the occasional runner?

Simple answer...you won't

this game was designed to be damn near impossible so Rocket is taking out the games exploits to bring it back to it's roots. Once the game is reset/wiped and everyone starts from scratch again it is going to be awesome!

I'm curious about this as well. Before when people complained about there being no defense when just starting out they were just being silly. Now I can't really imagine what you're supposed to do if you're being chased without a weapon. Not to mention weapons that need headshots are going to be as worthless as tin cans

My thought would be military bases having very fast zombies due to military training with increased health from military grade body armor. Town zombies would be more walker types (with the occasional runner). And Cities would have 1.7.1.5 type zombies only a bit slower.

In the perfect world there would be more zombies that were slower. Would be more terrifying & realistic. As to how to lose zombies' date=' I think they can't follow you uphill with full speed so that's one way. Uphills don't come around too often in towns though.

[/quote']

People in the 1.7.2 opinion thread are saying they can run uphill, while you can't. So hills are now deathtraps instead of safe havens

Until Rocket implements his Zed aging, where a recently Infected/Fed Zed is faster than an older/hungry Zed we will have to make do with all of them being supercharged and psycho.

It really didnt make sense that they walked indoors.

I think silent/melee weapons may be more useful now. Any Zeds you aggro will have to be dealt with asap.

Yeah the degradation of zombies sounds great. Fresh zombies will still be impossible to lose unless they degrade really fast after spawning. One intereesting feature would be if zombies sometimes tripped and quickly stood up to continue chasing you. This way you would only have to run until they trip and you would be safe. Tripping chance could increase with zig-zagging.

I will tell you what happens if a zombie chases you and you haven't got a weapon.

You'll die.

The whole spawning with no weapon thing would have been fine if only Rocket wouldn't have also added (at the very same time!) zombies now commonly spawning inside the very buildings or shacks you need to get into to get your starting weapon after spawning! This is what's most frustrating--and utterly silly--about the change to me (and the friends I play with). What are you supposed to do when you start with no weapon, yet almost every time you finally see one inside a structure, there's also a zombie or two (or more) in there??

Scumbag Rocket.

The whole spawning with no weapon thing would have been fine if only Rocket wouldn't have also added (at the very same time!) zombies now commonly spawning inside the very buildings or shacks you need to get into to get your starting weapon after spawning! This is what's most frustrating--and utterly silly--about the change to me (and the friends I play with). What are you supposed to do when you start with no weapon' date=' yet almost every time you finally see one inside a structure, there's also a zombie or two (or more) in there??

Scumbag Rocket.

[/quote']

Throw and empty tin can to attract them to?

I will tell you what happens if a zombie chases you and you haven't got a weapon.

You'll die.

Like I said this is not a valid answer, it never will be. You could hide in some bushes, behind a counter or couch, lay down and hope they don't trip on you. Zombies should have rather poor vision but good hearing. they should find out where you are in general (North east south west) then when they have a decent idea they should start running. The characters in this game are much too loud when crouching, they stomp around in boots, you should be able to be 10 feet away from a zombie while crouched inside a building. Zombies should use their ears to find your initial location and then use their eyes to follow you (turning a corner or running to the other side of a building should lose a zombie or at least give a chance at it). Zombies need a search mode where upon hearing footsteps they spread out and start to look for you, if they see you they chase, if not they go back to shambling around the city. they should not have homing beacons like they currently do.

Add tin cans in dumpsters outside of cities ( with the occasional whiskey bottle spawn).

Next point Whiskey bottles should have a small area that when thrown acts as way to slow zombies. (broken glass wouldn't affect survivors because of boots)

And the option of controversy (I don't like it but its a solution to the new zed mechanics, of course it will introduce other problems): Spawn with a weapon (crowbar, golf club, kitchen knife, hatchet, stick, broken bottle, etc)

I gathered a group of ten zeds just now and ran around and into a barn.They stop at doorway and some run inside.What I think was changed to counter this is they seem to have stamina now and just slow down and walk crawl after a good while.Seems great to me but it was only one chance so far to try it out.And yes they seem to run up steep hills now.

Give us a crowbar to start with' date=' problem solved.

[/quote']

I'd rather have nothing than have a lolbar.

In the perfect world there would be more zombies that were slower. Would be more terrifying & realistic. As to how to lose zombies' date=' I think they can't follow you uphill with full speed so that's one way. Uphills don't come around too often in towns though.

[/quote']

Maybe in YOUR perfect world, and to answer the OP...

...lose the zombies by shooting them, or die.

[/quote']

How would you get a gun, pick it up while being chased, you'd die or be beaten severely by the time you picked it up and loaded it.? Aggroing a zombie without a weapon should not mean death, a zombie is a creature of instinct meaning it can be tricked and fooled easily, but in the game zombies are able to detect movement through walls and at insane distances.

[/quote']

How would you get a gun? Aggroing a zombie without a weapon should not mean death, a zombie is a creature of instinct meaning it can be tricked and fooled easily, but in the game zombies are able to detect movement through walls and at insane distances.

Throw a god damned can genius...good grief. Also, zombies don't exist, so stop acting like you are some kind of zombie expert.

[/quote']

How would you get a gun? Aggroing a zombie without a weapon should not mean death, a zombie is a creature of instinct meaning it can be tricked and fooled easily, but in the game zombies are able to detect movement through walls and at insane distances.

Throw a god damned can genius...good grief.

All cans are found at zombie spawns you moron.

Just managed to get into a server!

Aggored a zed well outside of a town by stumbling into its radius, shot it and aggroed alot more. Had to fight them off, getting hit multiple times, before I ran and hid behind the rock ... And ...

None followed. Line of Sight still working well.

Also, despite getting hit enough times to get knocked out - I didn't break any bones!!!

So zombies are not the death machines some are postulating. Mind you - I was unable to hear anything after I went down to 5,000 blood, which I'm assuming is a bug.

I think its fine. The point is prolly to make big cities more dangerous since they carry high rewards with looting them, and thats how it should be. Plus, harder zeds will improve the PvE "needs".

If there are no snipers around, its pretty easy to loot Elektro for example. Zeds are too easy right now.

Yes without a weapon its hard, but not impossible cuz truth is, you start with a bandage, so, just find the nearest barn, get an hatchet and if there was any zed inside kill it, and if he made you bleed just bandage yourself.

Done. Now you have a weapon. Dont be afraid to lose some blood if the reward is high.

Wow can't believe they did that how the game is now...the shit they pull i mean if they are going to affect zombies for god sake fix the physics of them first and also their detection capability cause like you said it is not a valid option at all since you cant crawl into buildings you HAVE to get up...and then bam your fucked if you have no weapon