Denuth

1.7.2 Opinion thread. All your opinions, good and bad, go here.

Zeds running indoors - realistic

Zeds running uphills - realistic

Zeds being able to see someone directly in front of them - realistic

Zeds being a major threat in a Zombie Apocalypse - realistic.

See where i'm going with this?

The 1.7.1.5 lite version is that way <<<<.

Welcome to hell.

I'm happy with that as long as they cannot hear you from behind a wall now...which I haven't tried yet.

Crawling through the NWAF Barracks and got spotted by a zombie outside. So much for 50%, more like a 500% increase.

I am highly disappointed and frustrated with the latest patch. Zombies can see WAY too far now. Crouch walking a good 200 meters outside of a town and here comes 5 zombies sprinting for me. The game is practically unplayable with the view range change IMO. The new "view range" information added to the menu/table at the top right corner of the screen along with your blood, etc. is obviously not accurate in the slightest. The only way I can go unseen at all is if I slowly crawl, and sorry, I don't feel like taking 2 hours to crawl through a town. Will try and stay away from the game until this is fixed.

This is an ARMA 2 collision issue that probably will not be fixed as long as DayZ is just a mod.

If it can figure out how to stop players from passing and shooting through walls' date=' I'm pretty sure it can handle the same logic for other in game entities.

[/quote']

Players are supposed to be able to shoot through walls. What the wall is made of and the calibre of the bullet determines if the bullet will pass through. You can shoot through metal pipes and bricks with some guns, just as in real life.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize this was Call of Duty.

Yea I think the zombie sight range is ridiculous. Zombies have never really been able to "SEE" anything. I don't know why "sight" is even a factor, let alone how ridiculous it is now.

I know one of the new weapons are the bear traps' date=' I think it can be awesome as well as a headache but we will have to see!

[/quote']

Yea, bear trap - dumbest fucking idea ever. Let's make it easier for people to grief. There's no legitimate use for such a thing in this game.

Legitimacy? Buddy, your on the wrong forum.

Everyone is upset they have to adapt to the new zombies. :D personally it rules. no more idiots charging around thinking they own Chernarus, you want to sprint towards that town? Good luck buddy.

Ive made it from Chenogorsk to Dubrovka today, only aggroing 2 packs of zeds. 90% sure the people crying about the view range are exaggerating heavily..

Good day all.

• Like 1

Major step backward.

- Zed LOS is 2X or 3X what it was before. Exactly the same mistake in a previous update.

- Servers are incredibly unstable.

- Successful load rate is around 50%; "perpetual "Loading" and "character creation". ALT F4 required

- Zeds still break player legs when health is at 12K

- Going prone across thresholds makes you stand & run or go unconscious

This is an ARMA 2 collision issue that probably will not be fixed as long as DayZ is just a mod.

If it can figure out how to stop players from passing and shooting through walls' date=' I'm pretty sure it can handle the same logic for other in game entities.

[/quote']

Players are supposed to be able to shoot through walls. What the wall is made of and the calibre of the bullet determines if the bullet will pass through. You can shoot through metal pipes and bricks with some guns, just as in real life.

What point are you trying to make here? Call of Duty is much more realistic than most shooters in the area of penetration (it has it at all vs not having it at all, even if it's terribly inaccurately modeled)

[/quote']

What point are you trying to make here? Call of Duty is much more realistic than most shooters in the area of penetration (it has it at all vs not having it at all, even if it's terribly inaccurately modeled)

I apologize ahead of time that this is pretty off topic, but I figured nobody really says what I'm sure lots of people are actually feeling... What exactly IS IT with the Call of Duty bashing?

Honestly, Rocket himself even said it, Call of Duty was/is a great game. Just because you guys want to be elitist dicks and use it as an insult/mockery, doesn't actually make it so.

Has anyone here even actually played any of the recent Call of Duty games? Modern Warfare 3 is extraordinarily fun a game. It's also extremely arcadey and not intended to be a representation of real, factual life. The mission where you're a combat diver planting explosives on a submerged submarine to force it to surface? That is some fucking Grade A awesome cinematic gameplay. It's also entirely illogical a scenario if you consider it. But isn't a zombie apocalypse also?

They aren't even the same genre of FPS as Arma2. The comparisons don't even work, lol. It's like comparing DayZ and Portal, because they both have "guns".

Tl;dr, CoD and Arma2 have about as much in common as Nascar and golf. Stop parroting a dumb insult. At least be creative dicks.

This CoD discussion is getting ridiculous.

The real point that needs to be made here is that the new zombie LOS is absolutely ridiculous.

I was rolling up to this gas station, was 200m away, no zombies in sight, crouched, all of a sudden a zombie comes out of the gas station shack, looking in my direction, wayyyyyyyyy far away, and comes running at me....Seriously? This "game" is broken right now.

I'll just list the negatives:

- Infected are stuck in place at times, it seems random

- Line of sight is too far... Only seems to be the case sometimes. I've had infected looking at me and not get aggro'd.

- FPS loss. Seems to happen in towns, possibly due to infected.

Also, just want to add, that people who post like upset children over the problems that arise, please just sell your PC and buy a console. Better yet, go out into nature and drop out of society all together.

So did any one else have stuff from your inventory randomly missing? Just updated and I'm exactly where I last logged off but my primary, camouflage and some random stuff from my inventory is missing.

Have to agree about zombie visual agro distance, its to high now. Let's think about this logically for a minute. We are talking a about decaying corpes here. Their eyes are not going to be functioning at maximum capacity or even close. Their line of sight now is comparable to the enemies in metal gear solid and actually I think a bit better. I think it would be better if the zeds had their sight agro turn down about a third of what it currently is. In addition to this and in response to those saying it to easy perhaps the zeds could have their investigation distance set a bit higher thus increasing the zombies smelling distance so to speak but have full blown agro turned down to resonable levels.

While posting I,d like to add that in my opinion the dev team should be concentrating more on the core issues and bugs rather than getting what I see as somewhat off track with shiney distractions. While some of the improvements or very nice especially in the performance departments I think they need to work more on getting a stable platform including but not limited to loss of gear bugs. I also feel it is far to easy to accidentaly hit respawn without any confermation and loose ones charactor.

Get the foundation solid and then build on that. If there are dev members that only work on graphics and skins have then incorporation a wider variety of zombie models including female zeds with appropriate sounds.

Have to agree about zombie visual agro distance, its to high now. Let's think about this logically for a minute. We are talking a about decaying corpes here. Their eyes are not going to be functioning at maximum capacity or even close. Their line of s

ight now is comparable to the enemies in metal gear solid and actually I think a bit better. I think it would be better if the zeds had their sight agro turn down about a third of what it currently is. In addition to this and in response tothose saying it to o easy perhaps the zeds could have there investigation distance set a bit higher thus increasing the zombies smelling distance so to speak but have full blown agro turned down to resonable levels.

While posting I,d like to add that in my opinion the dev team should be concentrating more on the core issues and bugs rather than getting what I see as somewhat off track with shiney distractions. While some of the improvements or very nice especially in the performance departments I think they need to work more on getting a stable platform including but not limited to loss of gear bugs. I also feel it is far to easy to accidentaly hit respawn without any confermation and loose ones charactor.

Get the foundation solid and then build on that. If there are dev members thatg only work on graphics and skins have then incorporation a wider variety of zombie models including female zeds with appropriate sounds.

FFS, if you can see an Infected why shouldnt they see you? Is this Rocketitis Infection somehow supposed to make them blind, deaf and stupid? I just thought it turned them into ravenous cannibals. For true authenticity as soon as you stepped out of the treeline into plain view 50 Zeds should come screaming up the hill to you.

Rocket has said that the sight is based on probablility meaning the longer you are in their sight range the more chance they have of seeing you. He even suggested moving quickly out of their LOS rather than crawling in front of them.

Having Zeds not see you as you crawled 5m away from them was ridiculous to anyone with a notion of realism. I dont think Rocket wants to make this game easy - he wants to screw with our minds.

Raging at the moment... lost my l85 and some other gear... it would have been one thing if i lost it because i was stupid and killed by zombies/bandits... but to lose it to a glitch in the game.. ughh frustrating. thankfully its a game and i can get it back eventually but man oh man.

Many corrections are not necessary, many new introductions (most shocking). And the old mistakes and are corrected. I was so hoping that will be corrected, and helicopters are included on all servers (not just the old server) ... I do not want to offend the developers, but before the innovations to the game need to fix old bugs.

Feels more like a dam Apocalypse now to me and I feel paranoid now where before I felt it was a gamey system that I just had to overcome.Playing at dusk and getting stuck in weeds with zed all around me and popping up and dropping right down LOL.Yes I am aggroing here and there but I am finding I can lose them easier by disrupting their LOS.IMO if I am crawling up and then a zed appears out of nowhere and instantly aggros me then I feel even more immersed as its real.Just looted that castle in almost pure darkness using whiskey bottles and flares.I swear I feel more paranoid now and if Rocket were to add in a rare forest spawn here and there I would be scared playing DayZ.

One issue I have is when a Zed makes a sound.Right now its not 3D and so it sounds like its right next to you while the zed is far away and that is too hard with the new aggro model.

FFS' date=' if you can see an Infected why shouldnt they see you? Is this Rocketitis Infection somehow supposed to make them blind, deaf and stupid? I just thought it turned them into ravenous cannibals. For true authenticity as soon as you stepped out of the treeline into plain view 50 Zeds should come screaming up the hill to you.

Rocket has said that the sight is based on probablility meaning the longer you are in their sight range the more chance they have of seeing you. He even suggested moving quickly out of their LOS rather than crawling in front of them.

Having Zeds not see you as you crawled 5m away from them was ridiculous to anyone with a notion of realism. I dont think Rocket wants to make this game easy - he wants to screw with our minds.

[/quote']

As states they are decaying animated corpse. One of the first thing to go is the eyes. How can anyone think that a 3 day old dead corpse is going to see as well as a fully functioning healthy person. The idea is silly. I agree agro needs tweaking but neither nerfing nor overpowering. I'm all for realism but not some skewed version based on non-scientific thinking. Not flaming here just saying if you really think about it mindless zombies spotting you from across a field and distinguishing you from other zeds iis not realistic at all. If anything they would be picking you up based on smell more than anything.

If being infected gives you super human endurance, speed, hearing, and sight...sign me up.